Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. (14378 Views)

Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:29am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Yeah, I agree.

Now what?
Well the "what" is that reality throws a creature like the tiktaalik into your face...a creature that's supposed to be a fish, but possesses primitive hands containing all the major bones of a hand,plus ribs and a neck to add in...

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... You had no idea right ? grin You need to know more about ur beliefs.. smiley

In don't like you angry angry
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
Well the "what" is that reality throws a creature like the tiktaalik into your face...a creature that's supposed to be a fish, but possesses primitive hands containing all the major bones of a hand,plus ribs and a neck to add in...

Okay angry
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:34am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

In don't like you angry angry
Lmao... You dont need to...smiley

lets start from here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_narrative
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:34am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Okay angry
It's not just "okay" here,I want you to think.....why would something that's supposed to be a fish have hands, ribs and a neck? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... You dont need to...smiley

lets start from here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_narrative

Okay. Thanks. Goodnight. smiley

davien:
It's not just "okay" here,I want you to think.....why would something that's supposed to be a fish have hands, ribs and a neck? undecided

I dunno. Do you?

Goodnight still. smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 1:42am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

I dunno. Do you?

Goodnight still. smiley

And another thing to mull over tonight...why would carbon dating place the earth to way over billions of years while your bible pass it to be below 10,000years tongue

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 1:46am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

I dunno. Do you?

Goodnight still. smiley
So you don't know why a creature that's aquatic and predates all modern amphibians would exclusively among it's species develop hands,a neck and ribs?....

I'll make you get it(or atleast expose your dishonesty).....of what use are hands, ribs and a neck?(atleast you can't deny these features passively)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 2:14am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

You believe in evolution?

Lol. smiley

You don't "believe" in fact. You only recognize and understand it. Evolution is fact.

5 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 01, 2015
I don't think MzNelly comprehends the vastness of the known universe. The trillions if stars, thousands of known planets.

If she did she would probably shed the belief that all of that was made for her, on the tiny rock called earth orbiting a relatively very small star.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2015
DO NOT LET ZE ATHEISTS PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU INTO DOUBTING YOUR FAITH! ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS VERIFIABLE FROM OVERWHELMING RELIABLE INDEPENDENT SOURCES, THEY IS LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!! LIES!!! angry

ALSO ZE EARTH IS 6000YEARS OLD

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by wiegraf: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes evolution can obviously evolve a 'car'. Any biological being that moves from point a to b qualifies as one. And humans have been using them for millenia as such sef...donkeys, horses, camels, cows. You and your feet. I like marsupials and their pouches, specially designed for other passengers

Considering you're talking biological evolution it should be clear theatheist spoke of biological cars, no? So why assume he meant artificially engineered?

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Just like a car can't create itself, a complex being like yourself isn't just brought about by chance.

~ Yet again you are contradicting yourself.
~ If a Car can't create itself like you said and a complex being like myself can't be brought about by chance, then what explanation do you have for god who is suppose to be an even more complex being?.
Like someone put it here, it would have to be an infinite ingress. An unending chain. The Creator must have a creator who also has a creator and etcetera.
Unfortunately there's nothing like that, and there is also no mystical all-knowing white-bearded omnipresent person dwelling in the filaments like you religious lots think and believe.
I call religion and Christianity in particular a recreational activity . grin
A place where people run to hide from reality.

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Yet again you are contradicting yourself.
~ If a Car can't create itself like you said and a complex being like myself can't be brought about by chance, then what explanation do you have for god who is suppose to be an even more complex being?.
Like someone put it here, it would have to be an infinite ingress. An unending chain. The Creator must have a creator who also has a creator and etcetera.
Unfortunately there's nothing like that, and there is also no mystical all-knowing white-bearded omnipresent person dwelling in the filaments like you religious lots think and believe.
I call religion and Christianity in particular a recreational activity . grin
A place where people run to hide from reality.

Thought you said you believed in God. embarassed
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

Thought you said you believed in God. embarassed

~ I never said so. Maybe a quick jog down memory lane would help. You could quote where I said it.

~ Its a matter of simple logic and reasoning . The creation story in the bible is just Jewish Folklore and their own account of the creation story. The same way the Chinese have their own account and the Mayans have theirs etc.

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I never said so. Maybe a quick jog down memory lane would help. You could quote where I said it.

~ Its a matter of simple logic and reasoning . The creation story in the bible is just Jewish Folklore and their own account of the creation story. The same way the Chinese have their own account and the Mayans have theirs etc.

okay.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

okay.

~ Runaway soldier. cheesy Can't you defend your beliefs instead of running?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Runaway soldier. cheesy Can't you defend your beliefs instead of running?

I'm not running.

1. You're denying what you said initially.

2. You're dyed-in-the-wool atheist. You are bound to counter everything I say.

3. I don't argue. I just state why I'm right and leave it to you to either take it or leave it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

I'm not running.

1. You're denying what you said initially.

2. You're dyed-in-the-wool atheist. You are bound to counter everything I say.

3. I don't argue. I just state why I'm right and leave it to you to either take it or leave it. smiley

~ I told you to bring our where i said i believed and you refused. I'm sure of what i said.
We are not arguing. We are only discussing and I'm not a dyed in the wool or adire atheist that you think i am. I'm very open. Don't be surprised if i embrace Christianity tomorrow . Of course. Christ would have to appear to me in person for that to happen . cheesy

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I told you to bring our where i said i believed and you refused. I'm sure of what i said.
We are not arguing. We are only discussing and I'm not a dyed in the wool or adire atheist that you think i am. I'm very open. Don't be surprised if i embrace Christianity tomorrow . Of course. Christ would have to appear to me in person for that to happen . cheesy

I believe there is God, but I find it hard to comprehend some of His actions as opposed to some
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
DProDG:
DO NOT LET ZE ATHEISTS PEOPLE DECEIVE YOU INTO DOUBTING YOUR FAITH! ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING THEY SAY IS VERIFIABLE FROM OVERWHELMING RELIABLE INDEPENDENT SOURCES, THEY IS LIES! LIES I TELL YOU!! LIES!!! angry

Lies abi? The gadget you used to type was produced with the principles of science. Man has been to space with science not religion. What has religion produced? Psychopaths!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

~ That's not me.. My name was not on top of that post.
Bring out a post that has my name on it, and you could drop the link too for confirmation.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ That's not me.. My name was not on top of that post.
Bring out a post that has my name on it, and you could drop the link too for confirmation.

It's you, I'm telling you that it's you.

Should I drop the link? angry angry
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

It's you, I'm telling you that it's you.

Should I drop the link? angry angry

~ Drop the link now and lemme see for myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Drop the link now and lemme see for myself.

www.ijustrealizeditwasntyou.com embarassed tongue tongue
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by onetrack(m): 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
DProDG:

But brother, 6000 years isn't literally 6000 years in our years, it symbolizes 6000 god-years. Using the formula that came to me while praying, I calculated that 1 god-year equals 750,000 of our years. So if you multiply that by 6000 years, it equals 4.5 billion years, which is the actual age of the earth!!!! So the Bible is actually completely true on this issue and agrees with science! How could the Bible be correct thousands of years before scientists confirmed it!!
Checkmate atheists!

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzNelly:

www.ijustrealizeditwasntyou.com embarassed tongue tongue

~ Lol ..
I knew it wasn't me. I don't type like that. I always use the tilde symbol(~) before my posts.. tongue
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Lol ..
I knew it wasn't me. I don't type like that. I always use the tilde symbol(~) before my posts.. tongue

embarassed Lemme jhoor
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
onetrack:

But brother, 6000 years isn't literally 6000 years in our years, it symbolizes 6000 god-years. Using the formula that came to me while praying, I calculated that 1 god-year equals 750,000 of our years. So if you multiply that by 6000 years, it equals 4.5 billion years, which is the actual age of the earth!!!! So the Bible is actually completely true on this issue and agrees with science! How could the Bible be correct thousands of years before scientists confirmed it!!
Checkmate atheists!

I think you must be joking

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Rainess:

I think you must be joking
lol, he's an atheist making a joke... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
davien:
lol, he's an atheist making a joke... smiley

Knew it! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
theAtheist101:
Lies abi? The gadget you used to type was produced with the principles of science. Man has been to space with science not religion. What has religion produced? Psychopaths!
Abeg! Who created science?
-God!
Who got to space first? Jezus or Yuri?
-Jezus!
What has religion produced?
-TB Joshua!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.