Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662002 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 11:47am On May 15, 2016
Wow, just saw Avengers: Age of Ultron, don't understand the hate the film gets, but I loved it. And it was entertaining as hell, though forgettable. Coming from a D.C fan boy who trolls regularly on this page, but it doesn't change the fact that DCEU>>>>>>>>>MCU
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Owobobrown(m): 12:06pm On May 15, 2016
LONGING
RUSTED
SEVENTEEN
DAYBREAK
FURNACE
NINE
BENIGN
HOMECOMING
ONE
FREIGHT CAR

Very scary

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 8:29pm On May 15, 2016
civil war was nice. I have seen too many SciFi ..getting exhausted of synopsis. I really don't fancy Disney Marvel depiction of Scarlet Witch's powers. I'm glad their quicksilver died.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 11:00am On May 16, 2016
To Zemo *In Black Panther's voice*
"The viewers are not done with you."
Finally, another awesome villain. I was starting to forget how interesting they can be.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by spikedawson: 12:04pm On May 16, 2016
fine may 6 has come and gone same with civil war now looking out to x-men apocalypse MAY 27 on point
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2016
Nothing is on point about May 27. We were expecting Civil War to blow us away and it did. In the case of Apocalypse, a lot of us are just keeping our fingers crossed.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:32pm On May 16, 2016
Worldwide: $942,892,078. As of today, at the rate it's going it will make a billion by the end of the week...probably before the end of the week.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=marvel2016.htm
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:34pm On May 16, 2016
spikedawson:
fine may 6 has come and gone same with civil war
now looking out to x-men apocalypse MAY 27 on point
For us, it's Wednesday. And again I'm doing another triple bill (the new X-Men trilogy tomorrow night), this time I'll make sure I get those my addictive Tesco doughnuts.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Rincewind(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2016
cao:

If you are truly Rincewind, you should be running.

Taking a well deserved break with the creator.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:46am On May 17, 2016
Rincewind:

Taking a well deserved break with the creator.
Which means you'll soon drop your egg & cress sandwich in the rock pool...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Rincewind(m): 6:41pm On May 17, 2016
cao:

Well, setting up the stage for evolution isn't bad for a days work.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Rincewind(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2016
cao:

Setting the stage for evolution in a day isn't a bad vacation goal or what d'you think grin cool
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:10pm On May 17, 2016
Rincewind:

Setting the stage for evolution in a day isn't a bad vacation goal or what d'you think grin cool
Shame you didn't see your most positive moment...Oh well...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Rincewind(m): 1:17pm On May 18, 2016
cao:

Shame you didn't see your most positive moment...Oh well...

My most positive moment? I'm sure u don't mean hanging over the edge of the world and having a polite conversation with DEATH as a positive moment. Thats one of the high points in my life, " are the stars all turtles swimming through the universe and do life exist on them" A very good question to ask while trying not to go sailing into space
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 4:31pm On May 18, 2016
Rincewind:

My most positive moment? I'm sure u don't mean hanging over the edge of the world and having a polite conversation with DEATH as a positive moment. Thats one of the high points in my life, " are the stars all turtles swimming through the universe and do life exist on them" A very good question to ask while trying not to go sailing into space
It's your most positive achievement, since according to you: it's probably the first good thing that's happened to you & you missed it.
Sidebar: Seriously dude, if you're going to role play, fully commit - get the tone of the character.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 11:16pm On May 18, 2016
cao:

It's your most positive achievement, since according to you: it's probably the first good thing that's happened to you & you missed it.
Sidebar: Seriously dude, if you're going to role play, fully commit - get the tone of the character.
don't let his luggage get you.
let us hear what you think about X-men apocalypse when you see it.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:20am On May 19, 2016
SIRcumalot:

don't let his luggage get you.
let us hear what you think about X-men apocalypse when you see it.
Seen it already, it was okay, kinda felt like a mini origin story.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 11:10am On May 20, 2016
I'm not the type that places emphasis on Box Office numbers. But since there are some people here that can die becoz of Box Office, let me just state for the record that Civil War is already 20m short of making 1 Billion.

When i was telling those DC fanboys that "DC wont come close to Marvel in 2016" on the Arrow and Flash thread late last yr, they almost beheaded me grin

X-Men to finally do the needful and keep DC where it belongs. 2nd place!!

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2016
http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203/marvel_studios_confirms_stellar_new_cast_members_of_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok?linkId=24717779

Marvel isn't messing around! For those who are too lazy to click, in Thor Ragnarok in addition to Thor, Loki, Odin and Hulk, we gotHela, Valkyrie, Skurge and..... Grandmaster! Finally a bloody elder of the universe!

Oh and Michael Keaton has joined Spider-Man Homecoming. Any guesses for which Spidey villain he'll be playing? Kraven? Vulture? Birdman lol

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2016
^^^^^^

Vulture definitely, he has a thing for playing birds.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:19am On May 22, 2016
This South Americans no dey joke at all.
decent print of X-men apocalypse is available,future pasts is still better but this is also very good.
Apocalypse looks like the wrestler "gold dust" just painted in a darker colour,acts the same way too.
they solve the timeline at issue.
This series is probably going to do dark Phoenix story next.
Maybe the new wolverine movie will do origins again.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:
This South Americans no dey joke at all.
decent print of X-men apocalypse is available,future pasts is still better but this is also very good.
Apocalypse looks like the wrestler "gold dust" just painted in a darker colour,acts the same way too.
they solve the timeline at issue.
This series is probably going to do dark Phoenix story next.
Maybe the new wolverine movie will do origins again.

Good to hear, I was worried about the reviews. I'll definitely watch it now

New Wolverine movie will follow Old Man Logan comic storyline. I hope they don't do the Dark Phoenix Saga, X-men Last Stand already fvcked it up for the audience, still can't forgive that useless movie for wasting Cyclops.

Hey about Cyclops, how was he in this movie? Hope they did him well, in the comics he's the leader but the movies always sideline him

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 8:47am On May 22, 2016
moneyallowed:

Good to hear, I was worried about the reviews. I'll definitely watch it now

New Wolverine movie will follow Old Man Logan comic storyline. I hope they don't do the Dark Phoenix Saga, X-men Last Stand already fvcked it up for the audience, still can't forgive that useless movie for wasting Cyclops.

Hey about Cyclops, how was he in this movie? Hope they did him well, in the comics he's the leader but the movies always sideline him
Still a little sidelined in this one.
Mystique,magneto and Xavier are still the heart of the movie,
With some solid supporting roles from beast and the rest.
I think he would be more central to the plot in the next movie based on how this one went down.
This movie still hard some issue e.g the horsemen, apocalypse looks, but it still good.
The wolverine cameo was awesome,Quicksilver's scenes is just as good as in future pasts.
I have to check this old man Logan comics out.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by kendrick9(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2016
Black panthers cast is awesome...Chadwick boseman,lupita n'yongo and micheal b. jordan(the guy in creed)...My most anticipated movie of 2018

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by sontoly: 2:18pm On May 22, 2016
No comparison, marvel universe is the best, civil war was an icing on the cake
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by sontoly: 2:33pm On May 22, 2016
Raalsalghul:
Wow, just saw Avengers: Age of Ultron, don't understand the hate the film gets, but I loved it. And it was entertaining as hell, though forgettable. Coming from a D.C fan boy who trolls regularly on this page, but it doesn't change the fact that DCEU>>>>>>>>>MCU

you only saw age of ultron, try and watch civil war, u will have a rethink, and the facts still remain noatter what DC does they can never beat MCU in this superhero eras.

MCU is still the best, meanwhile your BVS is collosal failure.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:20pm On May 22, 2016
Abeg, no mention X-Men: The Last Stand, that one was a big disappointment for comic book fans AND movie watchers. The thing vex me finish. For me X-Men: Apocalypse was just okay. Yes, I said it, just okay. I really wanted more out of Apocalypse, and the whole Angel thing kinda messed up my brain, since I kept thinking about the original movie timeline, where he was a teen in X3, so how the hell is he a teen in 1983? Since that would mean his parents had him earlier and/or they were born earlier, the latter obviously kinda messes up the whole timey whimey, since it could also mean his ancestors were born earlier...

The whole Phoenix thing had me wondering if they were using the alternate personality thing that X3 did...which would just...**sighs** undecided Lets just not talk about that.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 11:37pm On May 22, 2016
@cao
the events that created the original trilogy did not happen after days of future past.
remember nightcrawler was in x2 also.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:19am On May 23, 2016
SIRcumalot:
@cao
the events that created the original trilogy did not happen after days of future past.
remember nightcrawler was in x2 also.
But an older Night Crawler was in X2 NOT a teenager, if we judge this using the actor, Alan Cu.mming's* age at the time. So the events that would make Angel/Arch Angel (AKA Warren Worthington III) should still be there. How the heck does he exist in this timeline over 2 decades earlier? In this timeline they've made him to be around the same age as Storm & co, who are teens in this. In X3, released in 2006, we have a teen Angel. How can teen Angel exist in one timeline in 1983? And a teen Angel exist in another timeline in 2006?

From the altered future we've been shown, all the characters from the original trilogy appear to be the ages they're supposed to be...so Angel's weird age is a problem.

*NL & its censors...Approaching...LWKMD
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:38am On May 23, 2016
cao:

But an older Night Crawler was in X2 NOT a teenager, if we judge this using the actor, Alan Cu.mming's* age at the time. So the events that would make Angel/Arch Angel (AKA Warren Worthington III) should still be there. How the heck does he exist in this timeline over 2 decades earlier? In this timeline they've made him to be around the same age as Storm & co, who are teens in this. In X3, released in 2006, we have a teen Angel. How can teen Angel exist in one timeline in 1983? And a teen Angel exist in another timeline in 2006?

From the altered future we've been shown, all the characters from the original trilogy appear to be the ages they're supposed to be...so Angel's weird age is a problem.

*NL & its censors...Approaching...LWKMD
I see what you mean now and my only defence for fox is,what ever genetic lottery that resulted in angel came on earlier than we were accustom to.
truth is,am cool with I think they have done a good job with the timeline so far
I only remember angel as the white winged guy who was being pressure to be cured or something.
aside from this angel stuff other inconsistencies are probably minor.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 10:40am On May 24, 2016
I saw Civil War and I couldn't stop giggling and jumping off my chair. Bosenan as Black Panther is Everything. Can't wait for the Black Panther Movie.

DC just tried to do us a "Bruce Lee, action film". Horrible.

Will see XMen on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just stumbled on this section. Didn't even know their was a thread for Marvel Fans.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gangwolf(m): 1:42pm On May 24, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
I saw Civil War and I couldn't stop giggling and jumping off my chair. Bosenan as Black Panther is Everything. Can't wait for the Black Panther Movie.

DC just tried to do us a "Bruce Lee, action film". Horrible.

Will see XMen on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I just stumbled on this section. Didn't even know their was a thread for Marvel Fans.

Are you the real Miss Marvel?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.