Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (660238 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:57am On Apr 15, 2017
BraniacX:
but you're not Darcy lewis are you? let's give mjolnir some prehumous respect for it's impending death! it served us well
Story, story, story. Once upon a time, time, time. Fact is you could have also shown it some respect by spelling it correctly... Plus, relatively speaking it's all fictional, it didn't serve us well, since we are not the fictional Thor.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BraniacX(m): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2017
cao:

Story, story, story. Once upon a time, time, time. Fact is you could have also shown it some respect by spelling it correctly... Plus, relatively speaking it's all fictional, it didn't serve us well, since we are not the fictional Thor.
oh come on! undecided i knew my spelling was flawed and i asked your pardon for that already...............but you intentionally Darcey lewised our beloved mjolnir angry and we do live in mjolnirs world, one way or another (based on logistics tongue) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 15, 2017
undecided wrong choice of words m8

You will soon discover that not everyone digs efe or bbn!
BraniacX:
oh come on! undecided i knew my spelling was flawed and i asked your pardon for that already...............but you intentionally Darcey lewised our beloved mjolnir angry and we do live in mjolnirs world, one way or another (based on logistics tongue) cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 3:21am On Apr 15, 2017
BraniacX:
You could have shown more respect by actually finding out how it was spelt. Logistics, ko, forensics ni. Last time I checked neither of us believed in Norse mythology. You no even talk Sango or Amadioha sef, you come dey run to Thor. Abeg, no substitute fiction/myth with reality.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 3:30am On Apr 15, 2017
cao:
Funny, folks seem to have missed the point in Logan. It was the doctor, he basically destroyed mutants. He put genetic dampeners in the food and drinks*, that's why they were no mutant children born (except the clones they made), that's why Professor X had his brain issues. Go and rewatch the moment before Wolverine merc-ed him.

*Think of it as high fructose corn syrup that the Americans seem to have in everything. Remember the rival farmers with their high tech GM farm? Yup. That's one of the things they made. The dampeners only affected mutants.
maybe I'll catch it when I see it again.
Lana1.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BraniacX(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2017
cao:

You could have shown more respect by actually finding out how it was spelt. Logistics, ko, forensics ni. Last time I checked neither of us believed in Norse mythology. You no even talk Sango or Amadioha sef, you come dey run to Thor. Abeg, no substitute fiction/myth with reality.
lol cheesy you this cao sef, you no just wan gree at all, well Thor is the second cousins sisters nephew of orunmila, and brother by way of a broken marriage to sango tongue
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BraniacX(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Silkmoth:
undecided wrong choice of words m8

You will soon discover that not everyone digs efe or bbn!
just a phase m8, even that too will pass
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 15, 2017
U hv no idea
BraniacX:
just a phase m8, even that too will pass
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wow wow wow... Okay I'm probably about to commit blasphemy to some of you here but I dare say Marvel's Agents of shield is the best (or one of the best) superhero tv series out there. It's better than Flash, Arrow, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and maybe even Daredevil lol (I have a soft spot for JJ). It's a shame that it is so criminally underrated. I hope it's not cancelled biko. The advantage the other shows have over AoS is that they're pretty straightforward with a central hero that we can root for. But AoS is a little more diverse than that. It's about the organisation and a mishmash of protagonists with various storylines progressing all at once. The show is quite unpredictable, and just when you think you know what's gonna happen next - YOU DON'T!

This current season is by far the best and if you are not watching it you're not doing me o, you're only doing yourself. I pray we get a fifth season.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:28am On Apr 18, 2017
So the critic reactions to GotG Vol 2 are pouring in on twitter, and they're good! Embargoed for now but full reviews are due next week Monday!

More importantly James Gunn has confirmed that
1 - He will be writing and directing GotG part 3! (Yaay! The first MCU director to direct a full trilogy)

2 - GotG Vol 2 will have 5 post credit scenes... 5!!

We're so spoiled
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2017
waywardpikin:
Wow wow wow... Okay I'm probably about to commit blasphemy to some of you here but I dare say Marvel's Agents of shield is the best (or one of the best) superhero tv series out there. It's better than Flash, Arrow, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and maybe even Daredevil lol (I have a soft spot for JJ). It's a shame that it is so criminally underrated. I hope it's not cancelled biko. The advantage the other shows have over AoS is that they're pretty straightforward with a central hero that we can root for. But AoS is a little more diverse than that. It's about the organisation and a mishmash of protagonists with various storylines progressing all at once. The show is quite unpredictable, and just when you think you know what's gonna happen next - YOU DON'T!

This current season is by far the best and if you are not watching it you're not doing me o, you're only doing yourself. I pray we get a fifth season.
Viewers aren't interested since they aren't running from here to eternity. The show is the most balanced series I have watched so far.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Marvel’s New Warriors is a new comedic live-action adaptation of the popular Marvel comic featuring young adult heroes. 

The following characters will be featured in the series:

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
Superpower: None
Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
Superpower: Can talk to germs
Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:58am On Apr 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Strawman: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2017
moneyallowed:
Superpower: “The powers of a squirrel, the powers of a girl” (is acrobatic, strong, can fight, can talk to squirrels)
Doreen is a totally empowered fangirl. She is a natural leader—confident and tough, but not innocent. Doreen is bouncy and energetic and her greatest quality is her optimism… She has faith in others and inspires people to believe in themselves. She also takes her pet squirrel, Tippy Toe, everywhere.

Lol this description is a very huge belittlement of Squirrel Girl. If she were already in the MCU, Infinity War wouldn't need a part 2 cos she's easily handed Thanos' butt to him before, as well as many others you wouldn't imagine, no jokes grin

Well she's more of a parody or comedy character, so all those were played for laughs (but still canon tho, i.e. still officially happened). This new show should be fun tongue
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 1:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
moneyallowed:
Marvel’s New Warriors is a new comedic live-action adaptation of the popular Marvel comic featuring young adult heroes. 

The following characters will be featured in the series:

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)
Superpower: Cannot die. Ever. Maybe. So he says.
The team troublemaker and lothario… Craig is kind of like “The Most Interesting Man Alive,” except he’s more cocky than confident and at times, charmingly grumpy. Although Craig’s superpower seems amazing, he hasn’t made use of it at all—he’s lazy and figures if he has all the time in the world to learn how to fight, what’s the rush?

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
Superpower: None
Dwayne is a local celebrity “hero” with his very own YouTube channel. Brilliant, strong, noble, and maybe a bit full of himself, Dwayne is a shameless self-promoter and entrepreneur. But he also deeply believes in justice — at least his version of it. Dwayne hides the fact that he comes from a really rich family because he’s afraid he’ll lose his street cred.

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)
Superpower: Can launch kinetic balls of energy
Robbie grew up watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower and loves the idea of being a hero. He’s an impulsive and immature people-pleaser with a misplaced sense of confidence. Although you would think throwing kinetic balls of energy would be awesome and effective – his are completely out of control.

Zack Smith (Microbe)
Superpower: Can talk to germs
Zack is a shy hypochondriac whose ability nearly makes him a telepath — the germs tell him where you’ve been, what you ate and who you hung out with. It’s impossible to keep secrets around him. He’s a big sweet guy the team takes under their wing, and they help him find and grow his own confidence.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)
Superpower: Low level telekinetic; trickster
Deborah is proud, funny and quick witted. Confidently out as a lesbian, Deborah has experienced deep loss in her personal life as a direct result of super “heroics.” She can take care of herself, or at least says she can. She’s the one who calls people on their BS and has no fear of putting her opinions out there.
Aren't these the guys that caused civil war?
I wouldn't have imagined they would do New warriors.
Would have love to see the original members that included Nova and namorita (I think). Been a long time.

PS: you missed one power for squirrel girl...she always wins. At least that's how it's portrayed.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lana1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
moneyallowed:
So the critic reactions to GotG Vol 2 are pouring in on twitter, and they're good! Embargoed for now but full reviews are due next week Monday!

More importantly James Gunn has confirmed that
1 - He will be writing and directing GotG part 3! (Yaay! The first MCU director to direct a full trilogy)

2 - GotG Vol 2 will have 5 post credit scenes... 5!!

We're so spoiled
5? shocked
Kilode?
So these people expect us to just chill in the theatre and wait through like 10mins of credit. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2017
GotG reviews are pouring in, currently at 91% RT and 71 Metacritic. 10 days to go before it's released in Nigeria, can't wait
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 8:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
moneyallowed:
GotG reviews are pouring in, currently at 91% RT and 71 Metacritic. 10 days to go before it's released in Nigeria, can't wait
Awesome! Can't wait
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:03am On Apr 27, 2017

Love the cloak and dagger trailer grin…meanwhile danny Rand be like undecided

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
GotG double bill tonight! As usual I'll try to do a mini review. Although, I'm currently running on fumes. I might fall asleep instead and do it later tomorrow, instead of the usual 2-3am sleep-tinged version.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:38am On Apr 28, 2017
Yup, there are indeed 5 post credit scenes. GotG v2 did not suck! Although, they did cram a lot of jokes in there. Seriously, at one point it made AAoA look like a drama. Way too many quips, but I did laugh at most of them. I'll give MCU credit they didn't spoil the plot with the trailers. Make sure you don't miss the opening sequence.

Oh and be ready for the feels. The second half of the film is really something.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2017
cao:
Yup, there are indeed 5 post credit scenes. GotG v2 did not suck! Although, they did cram a lot of jokes in there. Seriously, at one point it made AAoA look like a drama. Way too many quips, but I did laugh at most of them. I'll give MCU credit they didn't spoil the plot with the trailers. Make sure you don't miss the opening sequence.

Oh and be ready for the feels. The second half of the film is really something.

Thanks Cao

Is it better than Vol 1? Who stole the show for you? Oh and which mixtape do you prefer, this or Vol 1?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
moneyallowed:

Thanks Cao

Is it better than Vol 1? Who stole the show for you? Oh and which mixtape do you prefer, this or Vol 1?
Vol 1 didn't force it, vol 2 feels forced in the comedy bits, but the second half of the film really does elevate it, I didn't expect the emotional gut punch. Still prefer mixtape vol 1, even though the songs are more interwoven in the scenes in vol 2. I'm still a big fan of the Tyler Bates' score, I'm glad they brought him back. Unlike most of the MCU films, it kept its original composer, so there's still a connection - I was just way too happy to hear the Guardians motif again. As for show stealing, it belongs to the supporting cast - Yondu & Ego were on point.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by tuzle(m): 10:33pm On May 03, 2017
the defender official trailer is out, I can't believe there is no mention of it on this page
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:44pm On May 04, 2017
tuzle:
the defender official trailer is out, I can't believe there is no mention of it on this page
You just mentioned it. I only knew about it 'cause someone told me about it yesterday at work. Next time, you can always start the conversation instead of complaining about the lack of conversation. grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:55pm On May 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3m7B4v6Zc

Iron Fist better not eff up. Is it just me or did he look weird with that weird a$$ bobbing and weaving? I was like, what you doing? Stick better beat his a$$ to shape.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by tuzle(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2017
cao:

You just mentioned it. I only knew about it 'cause someone told me about it yesterday at work. Next time, you can always start the conversation instead of complaining about the lack of conversation. grin
I don't come online that much but follow marvel comics very well. I wanted to share the link but I was so tired and busy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:03am On May 05, 2017

At last the defenders are here grin
"You think the four of you can save New York, you can't even save yourselves"

Danny Rand better not fight like a b!tch in this series angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:15am On May 05, 2017

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR hits theaters one year from today…
Today makes it FIVE YEARS that The Avengers was Released grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 1:15am On May 05, 2017
grin
Jessica Jones no wan change her jeans

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:24am On May 05, 2017
MJBOLT:
grin
Jessica Jones no wan change her jeans
As in...the girl no gree. Na so I shout when she changed it for the series one finale.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 1:38am On May 05, 2017
feels good to see krysten again, it's been more than a year

cao:

As in...the girl no gree. Na so I shout when she changed it for the series one finale.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.