Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662428 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Black Order revealed for Infinity War! Hype! Really excited for Corvius and Proxima Midnight

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 740megawatts: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Spiderman homecoming records a 73% Friday-Friday drop. Quite a record...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:09am On Jul 16, 2017
That's a terrible drop. Maybe folks are tired of Spidey, since this is his 3rd iteration in a relatively short time. Word of mouth should have helped because it really isn't a bad movie, but that's indifference for you.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:13am On Jul 16, 2017
740megawatts:
Spiderman homecoming records a 73% Friday-Friday drop. Quite a record...

Premature, weekend to weekend drop is what we should be looking out for

Edit : and just in, 60% drop. Like I said, premature
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2017
cao:
That's a terrible drop. Maybe folks are tired of Spidey, since this is his 3rd iteration in a relatively short time. Word of mouth should have helped because it really isn't a bad movie, but that's indifference for you.

I saw this coming a universe away.

The same indifference stopped the Transformers franchise dead in its tracks.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2017
cao:

You keep saying it's not a bad movie. Like, it's not so bad, it's a good movie, but it's not all that great.

Maybe audiences share the same sentiment.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:24am On Jul 16, 2017
waywardpikin:

Easy on the hyperbole, it's already clear they rushed ahead of themselves to deliver fake news. Don't believe everything you read. It's looking likely to gross as much as GotG Vol 2,come on!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2017
Good Sunday morning motto - Don't spread troll news, spread the word, Thanos is coming!

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2017
moneyallowed:

Easy on the hyperbole, it's already clear they rushed ahead of themselves to deliver fake news. Don't believe everything you read. It's looking likely to gross as much as GotG Vol 2,come on!

How much has it grossed thus far?

Time shall tell though. Marvel has got a system in place that's never failed them. Until now maybe? grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2017
waywardpikin:

That's different, Transformers has always been a turn-off-your-brain franchise, with a director that never really wants to change the status quo. People probably got tired or haven't you noticed that fatigue is creeping in on reboots and long standing franchises? In fact the franchise that keeps surprising folks is the F&F one, it went from local illegal street racing to big time international heists, it's practically a superhero franchise now. Those speedsters have turned into military grade fighters. For crying out loud Tej owned a garage and hosted street races in 2F2F, we didn't see him hack even a traffic light, now he's a computer genius...and we are all fine with that. The F&F franchise stepped up its game so much that credible actresses - Helen Mirren & Charlize Theron - are willing to join the franchise. Geez, Helen Mirren actively campaigned for a part 'cause she enjoys the films.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:38am On Jul 16, 2017
waywardpikin:

You keep saying it's not a bad movie. Like, it's not so bad, it's a good movie, but it's not all that great.

Maybe audiences share the same sentiment.
What is keep saying? I stated it once, when did I start repeating myself? Abi you think this is BvS, where fans were turning into broken records "see it for yourself, don't listen to critics"? I pointed out a fact that the film itself isn't deserving of the drop because it really doesn't. But, the other fact remains, this is a SM in its third iteration in a very relatively short time. The first Sam Raimi film isn't even 20 years old yet.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by waywardpikin: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2017
cao:

That's different, Transformers has always been a turn-off-your-brain franchise, with a director that never really wants to change the status quo. People probably got tired or haven't you noticed that fatigue is creeping in on reboots and long standing franchises? In fact the franchise that keeps surprising folks is the F&F one, it went from local illegal street racing to big time international heists, it's practically a superhero franchise now. Those speedsters have turned into military grade fighters. For crying out loud Tej owned a garage and hosted street races in 2F2F, we didn't see him hack even a traffic light, now he's a computer genius...and we are all fine with that. The F&F franchise stepped up its game so much that credible actresses - Helen Mirren & Charlize Theron - are willing to join the franchise. Geez, Helen Mirren actively campaigned for a part 'cause she enjoys the films.

Like you said, fatigue is creeping in on reboots and long standing franchises. Spidey should have been laid to rest for a couple more years. Andrew Garfield really ruined the hero for me. Some of us needed more time to get over that crapfest. Though I'm very certain Homecoming will be way better than that.

Marvel should be careful though, that the fatigue doesn't catch up with their enterprise. The time is ripe for the lesser known heroes to be cast into the spotlight. Think Guardians of the Galaxy.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2017
moneyallowed:

Mate, it's on Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/15/friday-box-office-spider-man-plunges-73-the-big-sick-catches-on/#3c00aaf95636

Some of us don't just take things at face value...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
cao:

Mate, it's on Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/15/friday-box-office-spider-man-plunges-73-the-big-sick-catches-on/#3c00aaf95636

Some of us don't just take things at face value...

Sigh my point stands, have you read the article? Alarming headline, that says that's pretty much normal for a blockbuster this size. Also this was quoting the early estimates, updated weekend holds showed a 60% drop.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
waywardpikin:

How much has it grossed thus far?

Time shall tell though. Marvel has got a system in place that's never failed them. Until now maybe? grin
Was at 316 mil worldwide last weekend. They haven't updated it yet, also bear in mind it's yet to open in China, Japan,etc
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
Personally I don't get the obsession we still have with box office returns. Earlier when the MCU was still new it was pretty important for fans cos a movie doing well guaranteed that
A- the company was making profits so we would get more movies and
B - To compensate when the movies are really bad/mediocre

Now we're at a stage where Marvel is a certified Hollywood brand, where Marvel movies occupy the coveted slot at the start of the summer box office, where it's almost impossible for an MCU movie to flop financially , and we are still worried? Please! Let's leave that for DC fans, they still have cause to worry, our only concern now is that the movies should be good,because they can still flop critically no matter how much money they make
6 years ago when Avengers broke 1.5 billion we were glad cos it was a first. Now if Avengers Infinity War grosses 1 billion its normal, expected. Ant Man grossed 500, that's the worst case scenario that other studios would kill for, most of the others are jealous and waiting for the day cbms will flop, that's why they keep pushing this narrative of fatigue and you keep buying.

The fact is that audiences will get tired of comic book movies when they become mediocre or bad, as long as they keep making great movies, people will pay to see them

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 740megawatts: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
It is not a fake news that SM homecoming dropped by 73% based on Friday-Friday earnings. What is still unconfirmed is the weekend-weekend performance of 60%, which is just a market projection. By the end of today, we can have a better grasp of its weekend performance.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
moneyallowed:

Sigh my point stands, have you read the article? Alarming headline, that says that's pretty much normal for a blockbuster this size. Also this was quoting the early estimates, updated weekend holds showed a 60% drop.
Duh...why would I post it if I didn't read it?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-war-planet-apes-scares-spider-man-homecoming-565m-1021569

60% drop, can we now move on please? Guaranteed to make at least 800 mil, nothing to see here
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Nawa for this thread sha, Comic Con is on and not a single peep. Where have all the Marvel fans gone?

New Defenders trailer is out, with Stan Lee, Google it. Punishment for silence
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 6:44am On Jul 21, 2017
OK SDDC
New inhuman trailer is out
Fox developing doctor doom solo movie.
Avengers infinity war poster is out (I don't like the poster).
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 21, 2017
Shittaakeem:
OK SDDC
New inhuman trailer is out
Fox developing doctor doom solo movie.
Avengers infinity war poster is out (I don't like the poster).
The new Inhuman trailer is decent. Now I have to go to YouTube for defenders trailer.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
The new inhumans trailer is so much better than the first one, now my interest is back and I'm looking forward to it's debut.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:30am On Jul 22, 2017
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Nice defenders trailer!!! cheesy

So Electra will be fighting against them cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:38am On Jul 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg

Thor Ragnarok trailer! Also Infinity War footage got leaked so we might get an *Infinity War trailer* soon!

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:52am On Jul 23, 2017
moneyallowed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg

Thor Ragnarok trailer! Also Infinity War footage got leaked so we might get an Infinity War trailer soon!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:52am On Jul 23, 2017
Thor Ragnarok poster

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Black Panther poster

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by 100naira(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2017
Thor; they say that we are a couple hot headed fools

Hulk: Yeah same, hulk like fire, Thor like water.

Thor: kinda both like fire

Hulk: hulk like raging fire, Thor like smothering fire.

grin grin grin grin glad the hulk can talk fully now.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2017
November box office is gonna be lit
Thor Ragnarok vs Justice League
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Shittaakeem(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2017
If this link doesn't open just know marvel took it down.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW4DtvGAXiP/

Infinity war trailer in CAM 14 seconds

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.