Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662036 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:23am On Aug 07, 2015
AC news
http://www.slashfilm.com/agent-carter-season-2/

For those who can't be bothered to check the link, the summary is that season 2 will have a female villain, Madame Masque. In the comics she's basically an Iron Man villain, assasin/scientist but it's seems they're taking liberties with the charcters. Oh and Peggy is coming to Hollywood, so expect bright lights and whatnot

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:49am On Aug 15, 2015
D23 is finally here! We've been starved for news lately and Marvel skipped on Comic-con so hopefully they've got a ton to show. Wishlist would include a Civil War trailer, Jessica Jones Trailer, Dr Strange leaks and announcements for Spidey, Black Panther and Captain Marvel. There'll be a live blogstream at marvel.com later. Updates to follow

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2015
MrDojo:

I dnt really knw who is faster bt.....Qs shuld have dogded those bullets veri easily dis is a guy d@ is supposely able to travle @ speeds close to "Mach 2"
Flash is Faster but when He moves into Marvel verse ` Quicksilver would own him without the speed force.
should*, very*, close *, sincerely , He moves very slow `and the Qsilver from DOTFP seems incredible and better.
Who has seen Fantastic Four ?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Jaymaestro:
Flash is Faster but when He moves into Marvel verse ` Quicksilver would own him without the speed force.
should*, very*, close *, sincerely , He moves very slow `and the Qsilver from DOTFP seems incredible and better.
Fantastic 4 was one of those films, were I was okay with it well I was watching it, then a few days later, I'm like "they could have done better", the fact that I noticed Sue Storm's hair changing back & forth from a wig to her hair, during my viewing, was rather disconcerting & annoying...They could have done better, but after hearing there were behind the scenes issues with the director (rewrites, reshoots, budget etc), then I'm impressed they were able to make a film. It's an origin story, so it's slow and filled with exposition, they had a great cast, but they wasted them.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Okay it's happening!
* Dr Strange concept art- will not be released, damn. Apparently it shows physics null with cars and buildings levitating, oh and Dr Strange vs Baron Mordo fight. And the red cape!
*edit Chiwetel Ejiofor and Tilda Strange confirmed. Dr Strange under SHIELD surveillance. Next Civil war footage
* Civil War footage: might be released later
* Redwing Falcon drone tracking an armoured vehicle ,Falcon gets a major suit upgrade
* Scarlet Witch & Hawkeye on opposite sides in CW
* Black Panther suit reveal, awesome af
* Bucky & Cap: the memory loss is over
* Crossbones vs Cap. Quote "This is for dropping a building on my face"
* Antman gets introduced to Cap's team by Falcon, funny bit.
*edit the trailer apparently leaked on IG so they're probably gonna release it later. In that case i think i can stop now & summarise
No Spidey news yet. Hope they're saving it for last. Sad news, that's all for today.
So all we can hope for is the release of the Civil War trailer

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
cao:

Fantastic 4 was one of those films, were I was okay with it well I was watching it, then a few days later, I'm like "they could have done better", the fact that I noticed Sue Storm's hair changing back & forth from a wig to her hair, during my viewing, was rather disconcerting & annoying...They could have done better, but after hearing there were behind the scenes issues with the director (rewrites, reshoots, budget etc), then I'm impressed they were able to make a film. It's an origin story, so it's slow and filled with exposition, they had a great cast, but they wasted them.
true. I haven't seen the movie , tho . Read there were behind the scenes problem with Sony and The Director — Trank ` It seemed the movie was rushed and many negative criticisms .
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Jaymaestro:

I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Fantastic Four. The first part of our prayer has been answered;the film has crashed and burned. Now for the second part to come true; Fox hands the rights back to Marvel. I'm not going to jinx it by paying to watch it, especially when I haven't even seen Antman yet

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by stillreal(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
moneyallowed:

I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Fantastic Four. The first part of our prayer has been answered;the film has crashed and burned. Now for the second part to come true; Fox hands the rights back to Marvel. I'm not going to jinx it by paying to watch it, especially when I haven't even seen Antman yet

Even though i want the rights back at Marvel, still checked out the new FF4. Wasn't as bad as the train wreck i expected . Johnny being black, Things CGI ,voice and Dooms look ruined the movie for me.Was a fun movie though, if it wasn't called FF4 and just some original concept, wouldnt have got panned as much as it did.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
stillreal:

Even though i want the rights back at Marvel, still checked out the new FF4. Wasn't as bad as the train wreck i expected . Johnny being black, Things CGI ,voice and Dooms look ruined the movie for me.Was a fun movie though, if it wasn't called FF4 and just some original concept, wouldnt have got panned as much as it did.
On a scale of ten, how bad was it? The impression I got was that F4 is boring but if you were entertained then it can't be all that bad.
This is makes me scared for the other comic book movies though. Fox really need Deadpool to be a hit now. Hope this makes the other studios raise their game, especially Marvel. They've had so much success recently I fear they may grow complacent. The general audience can't differentiate the superheroes. Heck some even classify Marvel and DC heroes together. Someone asked me why the Avengers didn't call on Superman to help out in AoU. I got tired just explaining
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 9:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
moneyallowed:

lol ` Fox won't hand it over and they do have Xmen to fall back on if F4 turns out poor as always . Moreover ` all they have to do is make a F4 movie every seven years ` Reboot or Sequel to keep the contract active.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:49am On Aug 21, 2015
Jaymaestro:
lol ` Fox won't hand it over and they do have Xmen to fall back on if F4 turns out poor as always . Moreover ` all they have to do is make a F4 movie every seven years ` Reboot or Sequel to keep the contract active.
Exactly why they should hand them over; they have X-men and don't need F4, especially when they can't get it right. I hope Marvel give them the rights to the tv X-men series in exchange
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:56am On Aug 21, 2015
New Marvel Series announced!
"First rumored back in April, a “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” spinoff is moving forward at ABC. Variety today reports that the network is calling for a pilot episode of a show that will be titled “Marvel’s Most Wanted” and that will follow Adrianne Palicki’s Bobbi Morse (AKA Mockingbird) and Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter.
“Marvel’s Most Wanted” hails from “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” producers Jeff Bell and Paul Zbyszewski. They’re co-writing the pilot together and, should the show go to series, they’ll serve as executive producers alongside Jeph Loeb.
“Marvel’s Most Wanted” arrives as “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” heads into its third season and “Agent Carter” gears up for its second. There’s also another Marvel series in the planning stages at the network that has Academy Award winner John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) attached
Source: comingsoon.net
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 4:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
New Civil War promo art shows what appears to be the teams ; team Iron Man & team Cap. Still awaiting official confirmation but if this is true, then team Cap is seriously outmatched. I'd think Vision/Black Panther would stay neutral plus Black Widow is nowhere to be seen. In case anyone didn't notice there's Ant-Man on Hawkeye's shoulder
Edit: this looks legit, Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye shared the same pics on twitter. Plus he revealed Hawkeye's Civil War costume; it's like the comic book version, all purple! No mask though but you can't have everything
The lady in Cap's team is Agent 13/Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece from Winter Soldier who fought on Cap's side against SHIELD. Looks like she gets more involvement this time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2015

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
**goosebumps**

**jumps up and down**

Hawkeye in purple! Black Panther looking all Black Panther...**faints**

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 1:43am On Aug 28, 2015
moneyallowed:

Edit: this looks legit, Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye shared the same pics on twitter. Plus he revealed Hawkeye's Civil War costume; it's like the comic book version, all purple! No mask though but you can't have everything
The lady in Cap's team is Agent 13/Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece from Winter Soldier who fought on Cap's side against SHIELD. Looks like she gets more involvement this time
I was wondering who that girl was.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:18am On Aug 28, 2015
SIRcumalot:

I was wondering who that girl was.
Same here until I zoomed in. She did have a large role in the comics and her history with Cap and SHIELD probably means she's a covert asset. I like how Cap's side has the odds against them, this should be fun! There will always be snitches and double agents so some heroes may switch sides(looking at you Black Widow)
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:36am On Aug 28, 2015
moneyallowed:

Same here until I zoomed in. She did have a large role in the comics and her history with Cap and SHIELD probably means she's a covert asset. I like how Cap's side has the odds against them, this should be fun! There will always be snitches and double agents so some heroes may switch sides(looking at you Black Widow)
She was in the civil war arc ? I can't remember her
It probably won't be an all out brawl so cap's people won't die quickly I also don't think they'll try to kill each other.
Why do you think black widow go defect ?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2015
SIRcumalot:

She was in the civil war arc ? I can't remember her
It probably won't be an all out brawl so cap's people won't die quickly I also don't think they'll try to kill each other.
Why do you think black widow go defect ?
Yeah she was Cap's main love interest though they had beef when she initially sided with Iron Man. She also had a hand in his demise too so her involvement in the story isn't minor. Though they hinted at the love angle thing in Winter Soldier, i doubt they'll go down that path in the movies.
When you say it won't be full blown, i agree. Vision can take Cap's team singlehandedly. I guess Team Cap will be on the run for the most part,and they also have the guys for it, all stealth- Lang, Barton, Bucky and Falcon.
There is always betrayal, you can count on it Both sides have the safe bets - Rhodey & Bucky. No way they change skin; Rhodey/Stark, Bucky/Cap are basically besties. For the same reason i think Falcon will stay true. Hawkeye & Ant-Man have families to think about, which is probably why they're on Cap's side. Vision is "on the side of life", whatever that means. Black Panther is well, black panther. He always has his own agenda but it seems his interest aligns with Tony's in this case. That leaves Black Widow. If there's anyone who doesn't have a clear motive, who's intentions are murky at best, it's Natasha. So she's my pick for turncoat
No idea what Scarlet Wtch & Spidey are up to. That's the exciting part for me, the unknown variables

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
http://thirdactfilm.com/will-mads-mikkelsen-play-doctor-strange/

This film is quietly gathering one hell of a cast. Hannibal in the MCU? Yes please
Which villain do you think he'll play? I think Mephisto is the most likely though if he plays Dormammu then he'll be a recurring villain surely...right? I mean Marvel won't waste the talent of an actor of his calibre by killing him in the 1st movie, like a certain Red Skull/Hugo Weaving. Nightmare would also be cool to see, or any of Johnny Blaze's enemies. Since they've got Ghost Rider back they could mix it up
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2015
^
Totally agree wit u on Hugo. I mean, he's not even shown up in a cameo or something.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2015
Kaycee7:
^
Totally agree wit u on Hugo. I mean, he's not even shown up in a cameo or something.
There are theories that he didn't die but was transported to another pplace, cos the Tesseract is the space stone. I don't buy it really. We need recurring villains like Loki and Thanos from Dr Strange. Here's the current status of the villains shown in the MCU:
Iron Man; Obadiah Stane - Deceased
The Incredible Hulk; Abomination - Incarcerated
Captain America TFA; Red Skull - Deceased?
Thor; Loki - So alive
Iron Man 2 ; Whiplash - Deceased
Thor TDW; Malekith - Deceased
Avengers ; Loki - Alive
Iron Man 3; Adrian Killich - Deceased
Captain America WS; Alexander Pierce - Deceased
GOTG ; Ronan - Deceased
Avengers AoU; Ultron - Deceased
Ant-man; Yellowjacket- ...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 8:34am On Sep 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by emmastone019(f): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2015
Marvel sucks.DC universe is the real deal.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2015
Kaycee7:
Simmone Missick to play Misty Knight.
http://deadline.com/2015/09/luke-cage-marvel-simone-missick-cast-misty-knight-netflix-1201513413/
Great news, Misty Knight is one of my fav black heroes; no-nonsense and tough.
Rosario Dawson is gonna be like the Coulson of the netflix series cos she appeared in Daredevil, now she's gonna be in Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, maybe Iron Fist too. I guess all the heroes need someone to patch them up when they get beaten half to death
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:
Guys we've got a masochist in our midst, if you don't like something, why go to its domain? Plus, you've chosen an actress who's starred in a Marvel IP as your moniker, does your masochism extend to yourself as well? Oh well, good for you, whatever helps you exist...

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by khalhokage(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:

Why is it so difficult for people like you to enjoy both?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2015
emmastone019:
I think I saw you on the Avengers vs Justice League thread. You couldn't post this there. Why start a stupid argument on this thread? Kids today!! angry angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by gj22(m): 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
cao:

Guys we've got a masochist in our midst, if you don't like something, why go to its domain? Plus, you've chosen an actress who's starred in a Marvel IP as your moniker, does your masochism extend to yourself as well? Oh well, good for you, whatever helps you exist...

He's just an attention LovePeddler

**attention wh0re**... wtf is lovepeddler?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by stillreal(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
moneyallowed:

On a scale of ten, how bad was it? The impression I got was that F4 is boring but if you were entertained then it can't be all that bad.
This is makes me scared for the other comic book movies though. Fox really need Deadpool to be a hit now. Hope this makes the other studios raise their game, especially Marvel. They've had so much success recently I fear they may grow complacent. The general audience can't differentiate the superheroes. Heck some even classify Marvel and DC heroes together. Someone asked me why the Avengers didn't call on Superman to help out in AoU. I got tired just explaining

It wasn't bad, i did give it a 7/10 . I enjoyed it , i basically watched it like it was Josh Tranks sequel to Chronicles.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
stillreal:

It wasn't bad, i did give it a 7/10 . I enjoyed it , i basically watched it like it was Josh Tranks sequel to Chronicles.
Am interested in how you did that.

I haven't seen FF4 myself all this bad press don ruin the movie for me.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
moneyallowed:

There are theories that he didn't die but was transported to another pplace, cos the Tesseract is the space stone. I don't buy it really. We need recurring villains like Loki and Thanos from Dr Strange. Here's the current status of the villains shown in the MCU:
Iron Man; Obadiah Stane - Deceased
The Incredible Hulk; Abomination - Incarcerated
Captain America TFA; Red Skull - Deceased?
Thor; Loki - So alive
Iron Man 2 ; Whiplash - Deceased
Thor TDW; Malekith - Deceased
Avengers ; Loki - Alive
Iron Man 3; Adrian Killich - Deceased
Captain America WS; Alexander Pierce - Deceased
GOTG ; Ronan - Deceased
Avengers AoU; Ultron - Deceased
Ant-man; Yellowjacket- ...
You know I don't think of loki as a bad guy anymore.
Maybe just an anti-hero now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.