Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,029 members, 7,803,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (660699 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2016
moneyallowed:

Honestly have no idea but Deadpool looks very good
I kid you not.
This movie will be the besterest* movie of 2016.

* Made up word.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
moneyallowed:
Black Panther!
Forget the silly cover and headline of the entertainment weekly story and focus instead on the fact that Black Panther is finally getting his chance in the spotlight! This is a big deal cos Marvel are pushing him as the wild card in Civil War. In the comics, Spider-Man had that honour, but it's BP's time to shine. The last hero they really marketed this way was Iron Man back in 2008, understandable cos he was not that popular then and they needed him to sell the mcu, cos they had no X-men etc . 7 years later Iron Man is the face of Marvel....no! not like Randy Orton was the face of the WWE.
So as the mcu enters it's third phase, as the old Avengers - Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow. .. prepare to retire and handover to the new guys... Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Bucky, Falcon, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, as Thanos comes to end it all, observe the changing tides. I predict Black Panther will take Iron Man's position as tech guru and rich uncle, Bucky/Falcon will continue Steve's legacy, Scarlet Witch will take over Black Widow 's role which is essentially show some cleavage to distract the bad guys and do witchy widowy stunts. Ant-Man will become the underrated member of the team, just like Hawkeye was, except he'll be more useful. Doctor Strange will be the Nick Fury, the guy who looks into the future and knows when shit's about to happen, who gets them all together, and organises mystical methods of transportation for the crew. Either that or he'll be the Hulk of the team, who does all the heavy lifting but without the biceps. I don't see Vision or Spider-Man as long term Avengers members. No idea what Captain Marvel will do, presumably she'll spend most of her time in outer space, like the Guardians. Might be wrong who knows?
Well what is certain? Only this, Black Panther is about to get very very important so you'd better sit up and take notice cos the King is coming
P.S To those who say the mcu is dead, dying, running out of stories or whatever, I say out of this - you ain't seen nothing yet. The mcu can afford to lose iron man, cap, Hulk, Thor....everybody can die at once if God forbid Thanos decides and things will continue cos you know Marvel is awesome like that cos plan A- new Avengers I listed above take over, plan B- Marvel elevates the Defenders, dem DD... And they take over, plan C- Marvel says screw it, gets X-men and FF back and they take over or you see where this is going. Marvel can afford it. That other puny cbm company we don't recognize here, they simply can't. If, God forbid the fans grow tired of Batman/Superman, who's left? WW, MM, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Shazam... Err that's all. Oh wait Teen Titans! Uh... Oh wait Arrow...bruh that's bottom of the barrel. So dear marvel haters and mcu trolls, please wait till the dceu is in it's 3rd phase and then, maybe we can discuss as equals.
I rest my case

http://mcuexchange.com/detailed-look-at-black-panther-suit-plus-comments-from-captain-america-civil-war-crew/

DC comics is not that terrible, the Justice League may still have more Xters than the ones you mentioned, yet I will agree that Marvel has more epic Heros/Villians.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2016
moneyallowed:

Honestly I don't know what to think. One one level the trailer left me disappointed. Apocalypse is an iconic villain and I was looking forward to how they'd portray him until....quite simply he's not big enough! Granted they show him growing at one point but still. He' s a tech wizard, where's all his tech gear? And his horsemen, why did they use Storm, Magneto and Psylocke? Those guys were never his horsemen in the comics and if they wanted to change things there are more interesting X-men they could use, like Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, or Rogue. Oh and while they were changing things it didn't occur to them to change Angel. Angel is possibly the lamest horseman ever but no they said fine, we'll keep him. Grrr
So I'm not happy, but still excited. The Cgi looks great, Sansa from game of thrones is Jean grey.... Yes!, Nightcrawler looks dope, Xavier is bald, Havok and Cyclops apparently find each other, Storm has a mohawk as she should, Quicksilver isn't dead! I like the secret cults angle, Just hope the story is cool and they don't find a lazy way for the X-men to beat Apocalypse. This trailer convinced me it won't be as good as Civil War or BvS, or Deadpool for that matter (that was one dope trailer) but it looks different and that's something I guess
Also where on earth is Wolverine?

In X-men Evolution ( the cartoon), Storm was one of the Horsemen of Apocalyse, but she was with Xavier, Magneto and Mystique. That's all I can say about her involvement.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
Dang! I'm so hyped up.
My fears for this movie not making Cap the main focus due to the presence of the other Avengers has just been lifted off.
This is pretty much a Cap shii,damn,that last scene though.

I have seen the trailers for both Captain America-Civil War and X-men Apocalyse.

For Captain America, I knew it was going to boil down to a 'fist' fight between the Cap and Iron-man. However, I think the main surprise is that I don't see Taskmaster anywhere ( was the first trailer by Marvel a joke?) Cos I was made to believe that Taskmaster was at least a bit important in this movie. As for the plot, I could see where the issue comes in. Despite all that Cap has done, I felt that some people will still be afraid of him and those ones would have ran a campaign which would have led to the Reg. Stuff. Add the fact that Bucky is already a wanted fugitive (which despite the fact that he was brain-washed by Hydra still remains), then Captain's protection of him will always give the Registration thing more ground. Well, shame but I think Iron-man is holding back too much in the fight I saw (at least in the trailer), cos I know that he can do better than what they showed. Wonder where Nick Fury was during this time, he usually gives the Cap well-timed advice on issues like this.

As for X-men Apocalypse, well, I am not surprised by all the changes- considering that in Days of Future Past, the time-line of the world changed (since Mystique did not to kill Dr Trask, killing any reason for the sentinels to exist). Am kind of disappointed with the Mohawk hairstyle of Storm (preferred her flowing hair). I won't judge her Xter until I see the film. Am curious about Psylocke, but I have to admit that they made Nightcrawler cute with his blue skin. Would like to see who will be in the new Xmen team and would love to see how Xavier will get bald, lol.

In all, they did enough to make people hungry for the movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

I have seen the trailers for both Captain America-Civil War and X-men Apocalyse.

For Captain America, I knew it was going to boil down to a 'fist' fight between the Cap and Iron-man. However, I think the main surprise is that I don't see Taskmaster anywhere ( was the first trailer by Marvel a joke?) Cos I was made to believe that Taskmaster was at least a bit important in this movie.
I don't see how that would have ever been possible,considering( as at that time) Marvel didn't have the rights to use a Live-action Taskmaster.
On a positive note,Marvel recently(about 5 days ago) secured the rights to use the Taskmaster character on live-action.
So fingers crossed he might come into play in future installments

As for the plot, I could see where the issue comes in. Despite all that Cap has done, I felt that some people will still be afraid of him and those ones would have ran a campaign which would have led to the Reg. Stuff. Add the fact that Bucky is already a wanted fugitive (which despite the fact that he was brain-washed by Hydra still remains), then Captain's protection of him will always give the Registration thing more ground. Well, shame but I think Iron-man is holding back too much in the fight I saw (at least in the trailer)
You need to note that they aint enemies,its not like a villain type of brawl affair,in which one is gunning for the other's head.
IronMan is just tryna bring Cap in with orders from the Government,Cap wouldn't go down that easy,so of cus it won't make sense for Tony to unleash his full fury on Cap,they aint enemies.

Wonder where Nick Fury was during this time, he usually gives the Cap well-timed advice on issues like this.
As for X-men Apocalypse, well, I am not surprised by all the changes- considering that in Days of Future Past, the time-line of the world changed (since Mystique did not to kill Dr Trask, killing any reason for the sentinels to exist). Am kind of disappointed with the Mohawk hairstyle of Storm (preferred her flowing hair).
What did you expect,this is coming from Bryan Singer,someone who openly shiits on the X-Men characters just to spite fans.
Though the haircut actually fits in for this version,its like a reflection of her state of being in that point of her life,making her seem like some kinda rebellious teen who's on the fast end,more like a lost cause,making her be more open to be manipulated by Apocalypse with the illusion of a better life.

Am curious about Psylocke, but I have to admit that they made Nightcrawler cute with his blue skin. Would like to see who will be in the new Xmen team and would love to see how Xavier will get bald, lol.
In all, they did enough to make people hungry for the movie.
LOL,actually not,the trailer made the movie drop out of my CBM anticipation list for 2016.
Oh where to start? Is it how Oscar Isaac Apocalypse looks awful in every aspect? Apocalypse is suppose to be like a being with a god-like mind-set but we get an Apocalypse with the voice of that of a British hobo. Or maybe its the fact that Mystique is actually not err...Mystique but rather Katniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games just bcus Jennifer Lawrence hates being in the classic blue make-up/costume,the uniqueness of the beloved character had to be sacrificed,oh and guess what Katniss Mystique is gonna be leading the new mutants,wtf?(That's wrong on every angle) Bryan Singer should be hanged.
Well,I still hope the next trailer brings something new that picks up my interest.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
I don't see how that would have ever been possible,considering( as at that time) Marvel didn't have the rights to use a Live-action Taskmaster.
On a positive note,Marvel recently(about 5 days ago) secured the rights to use the Taskmaster character on live-action.
So fingers crossed he might come into play in future installments

You need to note that they aint enemies,its not like a villain type of brawl affair,in which one is gunning for the other's head.
IronMan is just tryna bring Cap in with orders from the Government,Cap wouldn't go down that easy,so of cus it won't make sense for Tony to unleash his full fury on Cap,they aint enemies.

What did you expect,this is coming from Bryan Singer,someone who openly shiits on the X-Men characters just to spite fans.
Though the haircut actually fits in for this version,its like a reflection of her state of being in that point of her life,making her seem like some kinda rebellious teen who's on the fast end,more like a lost cause,making her be more open to be manipulated by Apocalypse with the illusion of a better life.

LOL,actually not,the trailer made the movie drop out of my CBM anticipation list for 2016.
Oh where to start? Is it how Oscar Isaac Apocalypse looks awful in every aspect? Apocalypse is suppose to be like a being with a god-like mind-set but we get an Apocalypse with the voice of that of a British hobo. Or maybe its the fact that Mystique is actually not err...Mystique but rather Katniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games just bcus Jennifer Lawrence hates being in the classic blue make-up/costume,the uniqueness of the beloved character had to be sacrificed,oh and guess what Katniss Mystique is gonna be leading the new mutants,wtf?(That's wrong on every angle) Bryan Singer should be hanged.
Well,I still hope the next trailer brings something new that picks up my interest.

Hahahahaha
First with the Cap America ish, I had watched what was supposed to be the first trailer and Taskmaster was firing at Cap, so me not seeing him there was..... Surprising.

I was not expecting an all brawl fight, but Iron-man on one knee while Cap and Bucky were giving him punches was not pretty on one of my best Comic Xters, so I had to protest( not Olamide style sha).

Then the Xmen, well I really loved Xmen before the X-men: First Class came out and did not love it that much after, so my expectations are dropped. The fact that Hally Berry is not Storm anymore and Wolverine seems not to have any many role killed a lot of enthusiasm for me, so the Trailer did make it a bit better for me.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

Hahahahaha
First with the Cap America ish, I had watched what was supposed to be the first trailer and Taskmaster was firing at Cap, so me not seeing him there was..... Surprising.

Oh grin ,you mean Crossbones ,why you referring to him as Taskmaster? Totally different characters.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
Oh grin ,you mean Crossbones ,why you referring to him as Taskmaster? Totally different characters.

I saw a cartoon that had someone that looked like Crossbones but was called Taskmaster, was confused but thought maybe they were the same. Check out Captain America and Iron-Man: Heroes united, you will see what am saying.

I may be wrong tho.

And from the cartoon and what I know of Crossbones, you are right, they are totally different Xters.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 8:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

I saw a cartoon that had someone that looked like Crossbones but was called Taskmaster, was confused but thought maybe they were the same. Check out Captain America and Iron-Man: Heroes united, you will see what am saying.

I may be wrong tho.

And from the cartoon and what I know of Crossbones, you are right, they are totally different Xters.
Ya,I get the confusion since they both got the skull mask thing going on.
But they're totally different,Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones is a mercenary and an assassin,while Tony Masters aka Taskmaster possess the ability to absorb knowledge and replicate combat skills he observes from anyone,he mostly serves as a teacher to super villains and all that.
The former is what we got in the Captain America movies while the latter is yet to make his live action debut..
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
Ya,I get the confusion since they both got the skull mask thing going on.
But they're totally different,Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones is a mercenary and an assassin,while Tony Masters aka Taskmaster possess the ability to absorb knowledge and replicate combat skills he observes from anyone,he mostly serves as a teacher to super villains and all that.
The former is what we got in the Captain America movies while the latter is yet to make his live action debut..

So Crossbones is just a mercenary! Oh Lord! How boring! Anyway will watch out for more.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

So Crossbones is just a mercenary! Oh Lord! How boring! Anyway will watch out for more.
Mercenary boring? shocked never in a million years would I ever picture both words being used in a statement.

Wait till you get a load of Crossbones in Civil War...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
Mercenary boring? shocked never in a million years would I ever picture both words being used in a statement.

Wait till you get a load of Crossbones in Civil War...

See, Crossbones may not actually get my attention. My Villain selection is weird; having the likes of Joker, Ultron (due to Stark's hand in its creation) Uchiha Madara (in Naruto- if you the cartoon),Magneto, I don't see Crossbones in that category.

He may actually impress me though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

See, Crossbones may not actually get my attention. My Villain selection is weird; having the likes of Joker, Ultron (due to Stark's hand in its creation) Uchiha Madara (in Naruto- if you the cartoon),Magneto, I don't see Crossbones in that category.

He may actually impress me though.
I get your point. The aforementioned are Super Villains,Crossbones doesn't really fit in that category. But if we talking about badass villains that can really cause some serious damage then crossbones definitely fits.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
I get your point. The aforementioned are Super Villains,Crossbones doesn't really fit in that category. But if we talking about badass villains that can really cause some serious damage then crossbones definitely fits.

I still like those who can inflict serious damage but am not blown away by them- especially villains without super-powers. At least make the hero struggle small.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
Don't u ever...say that again...I am nothing like tony starkz .... When I return I shall destroy...tony starkz,along with the avengers...and eliminate the human race...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

I still like those who can inflict serious damage but am not blown away by them- especially villains without super-powers. At least make the hero struggle small.
But you like The Joker right? He's got no powers,personally I'm more intrigued by villains without powers..
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
ultron:

Don't u ever...say that again...I am nothing like tony starkz .... When I return I shall destroy...tony starkz,along with the avengers...and eliminate the human race...
So I should take you seriously? an A.I robot who got obliterated by an android with a silly yellow cape? Oh puhleaaasee grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
But you like The Joker right? He's got no powers,personally I'm more intrigued by villains without powers..

Joker is one of the biggest pyschopaths in the comic world, not to talk of his other 'charming' characteristics. Most importantly, he is a complete antagonist to Batman, so abeg Joker is a class of his own, even when you refer to villains without powers.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Guykhena:
So I should take you seriously? an A.I robot who got obliterated by an android with a silly yellow cape? Oh puhleaaasee grin

Epic!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
ultron:

I did not see where he mentioned your name. Meanwhile....

Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron

Go and buy me garri 1 Kongo and two stick sweets for yourself.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Guykhena(m): 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
rapmike:

Joker is one of the biggest pyschopaths in the comic world, not to talk of his other 'charming' characteristics. Most importantly, he is a complete antagonist to Batman, so abeg Joker is a class of his own, even when you refer to villains without powers.
I thought you weren't blown away by villains without super-powers? Hehe,I for fear o..
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Guykhena:
I thought you weren't blown away by villains without super-powers? Hehe,I for fear o..

Joker is a special case abeg! Riddler is also intelligent with no muscle, yet I don't trip for him.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
rapmike:

I did not see where he mentioned your name. Meanwhile....

Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron
Ultron

Go and buy me garri 1 Kongo and two stick sweets for yourself.
you punny human,one more word from u.....and u shall be terminated....#laser-beam
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Guykhena:
Youuuuu.....I wuz never defeated..I am still on the internet,and when I return,u shall be the first human I shall destroy......
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
ultron:
you punny human,one more word from u.....and u shall be terminated....#laser-beam

Abeg park well. You could not even kill Hawkeye with that fake thing.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
It's like DD season 2 is coming out the same day as BvS, March 25th. Like say Marvel dey find DC trouble oo. Unconfirmed for now but it seems like they want fans to compare the two, and DD has an advantage cos it's 13 hours while BvS will be 3 hours at most.
Wise move? Whatcha think?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by PeinDanzo(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2016
rapmike:

Joker is a special case abeg! Riddler is also intelligent with no muscle, yet I don't trip for him.

He is special, but having no powers make him very vulnerable
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2016
rapmike:

Abeg park well. You could not even kill Hawkeye with that fake thing.
he got lucky,,but u shall not,
..ill permanently put you to a stop...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2016
ultron:
he got lucky,,but u shall not, ..ill permanently put you to a stop...
Black Widow that stole your andriod got lucky too? Guy go park!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
rapmike:

Black Widow that stole your andriod got lucky too? Guy go park!
I was distract by captain america,..and I did capture the blackwidow...I didn't kill her cuz I had nothing to gain....I could kill her with a snap on my fingers..the same goes to you...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by rapmike(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
ultron:

I was distract by captain america,..and I did capture the blackwidow...I didn't kill her cuz I had nothing to gain....I could kill her with a snap on my fingers..the same goes to you...

You couldn't even kill the scientist who helped you get a body for your andriod, missed her from point-blank range!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by ultron(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
rapmike:

You couldn't even kill the scientist who helped you get a body for your andriod, missed her from point-blank range!
I didn't want to kill her,just Gave her a flick of my laser-beam,cuz she could be of more use.......your weak avengers could'nt even defeat me one on one,they had to cheat in the. fight,about six to one...well next time I wouldn't underestimated the avengers...they will suffer.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.