Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:44 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (653389 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:30am On Apr 26, 2015
SIRcumalot:
I just watched a very good CAM print of AOU its on numerous torrent sites.
In my opinion it isn't as good as the first Avenger movie or winter soldier even, but it still very nice.
Better than Guardians? Iron man3?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 9:12am On Apr 26, 2015
moneyallowed:

Better than Guardians? Iron man3?
Definitely Better than Iron man 3 not has good has GOTG
For a sequel, AOU is very good we can't say that about too many movies.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:06am On Apr 27, 2015
War is coming! Add Crossbones to the list.
So to recap the confirmed list of superheroes for Civil War; Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine.
Confirmed villains; Baron Zemo, Crossbones.
Rumuored; Spiderman, Ant Man, Daredevil, Kingpin, Dr Strange, Punisher, Captain Marvel...
Update: Chris Helmsworth confirms Thor will not be in Civil War. Hulk might also out of the running *spoilers* based on AoU ending
Whose side are you on?

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 6:20am On Apr 28, 2015
moneyallowed:
So to recap the confirmed list of superheroes for Civil War; Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine.
Rumuored; Spiderman, Ant Man, Daredevil, Kingpin, Dr Strange, Punisher, Captain Marvel...
Update: Chris Helmsworth confirms Thor will not be in Civil War. Hulk might also out of the running *spoilers* based on AoU ending
Whose side are you on?
Iron man,
That registration bill is a very good plan
I hope the absence of the Fantastic 4 won't be felt they played a very important part in the comics.
If I remember correctly Hulk(planet hulk series) was absent and we only got fake thor for the comic run.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:34am On Apr 28, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Iron man,
That registration bill is a very good plan
I hope the absence of the Fantastic 4 won't be felt they played a very important part in the comics.
If I remember correctly Hulk(planet hulk series) was absent and we only got fake thor for the comic run.
I'm on Cap's side, never a good idea to trust politicians. I think it was just an attempt to control the superheroes and limit their power. Imagine a world where Iron man was sent to fight America's wars against Iraq. Terrible idea
Yea the Fantastic four will be missed. They can make it work with the Defenders though, personally i'd rather see Daredevil than Reed Richards. That Thor clone storyline was messed up, glad he's not going to be around. Hulk is simply too powerful to put in Civil War, that's why they sent him away in the comics, guess they'll do the same in the movies
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
moneyallowed:

I'm on Cap's side, never a good idea to trust politicians. I think it was just an attempt to control the superheroes and limit their power. Imagine a world where Iron man was sent to fight America's wars against Iraq. Terrible idea
Yea the Fantastic four will be missed. They can make it work with the Defenders though, personally i'd rather see Daredevil than Reed Richards. That Thor clone storyline was messed up, glad he's not going to be around. Hulk is simply too powerful to put in Civil War, that's why they sent him away in the comics, guess they'll do the same in the movies
My thought during reading was, the heroes were afraid of registering with the government because of their personal identity getting out which is a bit funny seeing as how their leader is Captain America.
Nothing is wrong with registration,
Heroes needed to be accountable for some of their actions.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
moneyallowed:
So to recap the confirmed list of superheroes for Civil War; Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine.
Whose side are you on?
sincerely , I do hope Dr. strange will be confirmed . Thor shouldn't be in the `civil war ` He's not of earth. However ` o do support both sides : Registration is necessary to keep them in check , except the government are infamous for their ulterior motives .. They would find a means to be able to render them powerless as well .

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
SIRcumalot:

My thought during reading was, the heroes were afraid of registering with the government because of their personal identity getting out which is a bit funny seeing as how their leader is Captain America.
Nothing is wrong with registration,
Heroes needed to be accountable for some of their actions.
In the comics, most superheroes had secret identities. So making it compulsory to register and reveal personal information was a big deal. Superheroes have always being accountable for their actions, it's the Supervillains that need policing. There's no way the real bad guys would agree to be registered so the entire purpose of the legislation becomes defeated. That's why it didn't make sense. The movement was just born out of fear and greed; fear of the general population and greed of the politicians.
Another point is that it violates their civil rights and essentially discriminates superheroes. At one point they built a prison for them, assasinated those that opposed..the whole thing was just wrong

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
How did I miss this thread?

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by parrotibaba(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
cao:
How did I miss this thread?
because u missed it grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 2:39am On May 01, 2015
If you ignore the fact that they're speculating based on events in the comics, this is a pretty cool infographic.Think they made some mistakes though. The Inhumans already have a connection to Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and they left out all the infinity gems connections.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2015
Infinity Gems update!
Brief intro: the Infinity gems/stones are the 6 most powerful treasures in the Marvel universe. They each represent a part of existence and when they're joined together in the Infinity Gauntlet, the give the wearer the ability to control the universe. Yeah no joke!. You can get a better explanation from the Collector's speech in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Well all they've been introduced in previous MCU films..
The Mind gem/Stone --- The Sceptre in Thor, Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The Power gem/stone---- The Orb in Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Reality gem/stone----The Aether in Thor: The Dark World.

The Space gem/stone----the Tesseract in the Avengers, Thor and Captain America: the First Avenger

The Time gem/stone------yet to be revealed

The Soul gem/stone-----yet to be revealed

Now in the comics, Thanos is the ultimate bad guy who like bad guys everywhere wants ultimate power, so of course he plots & schemes to get hold of the Infinity stones and Infinity Gauntlet.

Before AoU, the Infinity Gauntlet was last seen in Asgard. A scene in Thor shows the glove in Odin's vault along with other relics. Well in Aou, without going into spoilers, Thanos takes a big step towards his goal.
Now only the Soul and Time stones are still missing. So pay attention while watching AoU There are many reveals, also wait for the scene at the end of the movie!

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by JasonWattz(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2015
moneyallowed:
Infinity Gems update!
Brief intro: the Infinity gems/stones are the 6 most powerful treasures in the Marvel universe. They each represent a part of existence and when they're joined together in the Infinity Gauntlet, the give the wearer the ability to control the universe. Yeah no joke!. You can get a better explanation from the Collector's speech in Guardians of the Galaxy.
The Mind gem/Stone --- The Sceptre in Thor, Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The Space gem/stone----the Tesseract in the Avengers, Thor and Captain America: the First Avenger

Now in the comics, Thanos is the ultimate bad guy who like bad guys everywhere wants ultimate power, so of course he plots & schemes to get hold of the Infinity stones and Infinity Gauntlet.

Before AoU, the Infinity Gauntlet was last seen in Asgard. A scene in Thor shows the glove in Odin's vault along with other relics. Well in Aou, without going into spoilers, Thanos takes a big step towards his goal.
Now only the Soul and Time stones are still missing. So pay attention while watching AoU There are many reveals, also wait for the scene at the end of the movie!
Not seen the movie yet though... buh I think the yellow infinity stone is the gem on Vision's Forehead...

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 12:58pm On May 01, 2015
JasonWattz:
Not seen the movie yet though... buh I think the yellow infinity stone is the gem on Vision's Forehead...
The Time stone? That's the yellow one. That would make him too powerful. Being able to control time, that's something up Dr Strange's alley. Vision's powers make sense for a Soul or Mind stone. Or reality..,crap i give up. Watch the movie cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2015
moneyallowed:
Infinity Gems update!

Bro nice 1......bt d time gem as been revealed in a way......if u notice d gem on d forehead of Vision u'll notice d time gem der.....altho this is still all theory sha.....
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 6:45pm On May 01, 2015
Wit AOU releasing 2day(pls those of us who have watched it shuld giv der reviews and opinion on d movie).....its time 4 us to move on to d next big film 4 d year and I have a great feeling d@.....Ant man is goin to be a mega success....it may nt gross 800M like GOG bt I probably tink it will make over 500M...

Also castin for Civil is still ongoing wit d most anticipated role still yet to be casted is who will play peter parker as spider man

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 7:30pm On May 01, 2015
moneyallowed:

In the comics, most superheroes had secret identities. So making it compulsory to register and reveal personal information was a big deal. Superheroes have always being accountable for their actions, it's the Supervillains that need policing. There's no way the real bad guys would agree to be registered so the entire purpose of the legislation becomes defeated. That's why it didn't make sense. The movement was just born out of fear and greed; fear of the general population and greed of the politicians.
Another point is that it violates their civil rights and essentially discriminates superheroes. At one point they built a prison for them, assasinated those that opposed..the whole thing was just wrong
Been awhile(NEPA)
Accountable how, they answer to know one remember black widows little speech at winter soldier ending ?
Remember the actions that brought about the whole registration in the series.
Their is nothing wrong with oversight, even stipends for impoverished heroes like Spiderman and Luke cage
The point I made earlier was lost,the leader of the anti registeration movement was by Cap America, whose identity is know to all and hasn't suffered for it.
Now the way Iron man and Mr fantastic went about the whole thing was wrong but their heart was in the right place.
Have you seen it yet ?
I mean AOU

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 7:37pm On May 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Been awhile(NEPA)
Accountable how, they answer to know one remember black widows little speech at winter soldier ending ?
Remember the actions that brought about the whole registration in the series.
Their is nothing wrong with a oversight even stipends for impoverished heroes like Spiderman and Luke cage
The point I made earlier was lost,the leader of the anti registeration movement was by Cap America, whose identity is know to all and hasn't suffered for it.
Now the way Iron man and Mr fantastic went about the whole thing was wrong but their heart was in the right place.
Have you seen it yet ?
I mean AOU
Lmao @impoverished. I get your point; good idea, badly executed. If the issue came up in real life, i would vote against it.
No i haven't yet. Seeing it next week

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:53am On May 02, 2015
Actually the yellow stone is the mind stone (according to Thor in AoU). Now that America & the rest of the world have finally watched AoU, how does it fare with y'all?

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:55am On May 02, 2015
So i'm watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D again, out of boredom mostly as i didn't enjoy the first season but the praise from some of you here made me curious. You were right guys, especially MrDojo, it's definitely better than Season 1. My favourite characters are Skye & Raina. Coulson is still boring to me, i get that he's the director and everything, but he could make it lively at least.

What interests me mostly is the fact that Marvel is basically using this season to launch the next big project. If there's anything i love about them, it's that they plan ahead. They just don't drop bombs on you out of nowhere and if a major thing is going to happen in the MCU, you can bet that the seeds have being sown long before. The seeds they're planting this time are the Inhumans.....and it works! Inhumans are popping up everywhere in the comics now; Ms. Marvel, Inhumanity, Attilan Rising....and it makes perfect sense that we're only discovering them after the Terrigen mists had being dispersed by Black bolt in his confrontation with Thanos in Infinity. I mean of course their genes in humans are only being activated after the event. Hence Skye and the others
Everything is starting to make sense. With Loki's sceptre and HYDRA tie-in, you can't help remembering the post credits scene of Winter Soldier, where Baron Strucker was experimenting on the twins. Now i have more motivation to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron since i know it's everything is connected. With Maria Hill showing up, I'm sure the Avengers will follow that lead, but i have to wait to see if my prediction is correct in AoU.
Summary; good series, getting better. Not as good as daredevil though nothing is quite as good as daredevil
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2015
MCUis officially 7 years old today. On 3/5/08, the 1st MCU film was released. Since then Marvel has released 11 movies.
To mark this, let's rank all the MCU movies, from best to worst. I'll give my own ranking but i'll leave out AoU cos i haven't seen it yet

Guardians of the Galaxy

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Avengers

Iron Man

Thor

Captain America : The First Avenger

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

Thor: The Dark World
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2015
moneyallowed:
Infinity Gems update!

Whedon said the IG seen in thor is different from thanos' though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2015
moneyallowed:
MCUis officially 7 years old today. On 3/5/08, the 1st MCU film was released. Since then Marvel has released 11 movies.
To mark this, let's rank all the MCU movies, from best to worst. I'll give my own ranking but i'll leave out AoU cos i haven't seen it yet

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers

Iron Man

Thor

The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

Nice ranking bro

Bt d best frm MCU I ave seen is Avengers 1, cap 2 and probably ant-man ( dnt ask me how cheesy)

Bt to me avengers 1 and cap 2 are d best.....GOG is too funny I kinda consider it to be a comedy flick (pls dnt kill me oooo) d thor series as been poor really poor. And only Iron man 1 and 3 is watchable pt 2 is jst ...........

Sezly watchout 4 ant-man its gonna be anoda GOG-like bluck buster..........

As also try to check out FF4.....I ave a feelin d movie is gonnna be great

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 9:42pm On May 03, 2015
I still believe that the Captain America films are the best standalone films, yes I know Iron Man is fun, but I've gotta go with the Cap. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is all kinds of awesome - I've rewatched way too many times. The weakest films in the MCU are the Thor films, as much as I like the blond Asgardian, there are still times I wonder why I like it - okay maybe because I like Darcy Lewis, Thor & the humour, it hasn't stopped me from watching the heck out of it. The Avengers films are also brilliant, they're highly entertaining ensemble cast films with lots of one-liners, climatic battles & the mandatory death of a character (Joss Whedon's trademarks).

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2015
Jaymaestro:
Whedon said the IG seen in thor is different from thanos' though.
Yea that confused me. They're obviously introducing a twist but i can't guess what it is. Are there two different IG's? Was that one a fake?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:31pm On May 03, 2015
MrDojo:

Nice ranking bro

Bt d best frm MCU I ave seen is Avengers 1, cap 2 and probably ant-man ( dnt ask me how cheesy)

Bt to me avengers 1 and cap 2 are d best.....GOG is too funny I kinda consider it to be a comedy flick (pls dnt kill me oooo) d thor series as been poor really poor. And only Iron man 1 and 3 is watchable pt 2 is jst ...........

Sezly watchout 4 ant-man its gonna be anoda GOG-like bluck buster..........

As also try to check out FF4.....I ave a feelin d movie is gonnna be great
Lol you have to say where you saw Antman oo. Gotg is just personal favourite, i'm probably biased. I agree that Antman will bring a new dimension like Gotg. The films are getting more diverse which is a good thing. FF4 sha..i have a bad feeling about it. At least it's not a MCU film so even if it bombs no biggie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:37pm On May 03, 2015
cao:
I still believe that the Captain America films are the best standalone films, yes I know Iron Man is fun, but I've gotta go with the Cap. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is all kinds of awesome - I've rewatched way too many times. The weakest films in the MCU are the Thor films, as much as I like the blond Asgardian, there are still times I wonder why I like it - okay maybe because I like Darcy Lewis, Thor & the humour, it hasn't stopped me from watching the heck out of it. The Avengers films are also brilliant, they're highly entertaining ensemble cast films with lots of one-liners, climatic battles & the mandatory death of a character (Joss Whedon's trademarks).
So Winter Soldier on top for you, great choice. They need to make Thor 3 really good, he has suffered enough. What do you think about Guardians?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 10:55pm On May 03, 2015
moneyallowed:

So Winter Soldier on top for you, great choice. They need to make Thor 3 really good, he has suffered enough. What do you think about Guardians?
Hooked on a feeling, I'm high on believing...
This is one hell of an entertaining film! This was the MCU's we-don't-give-a-damn-if-you-don't-know-these-guys-but-we-guarantee-you'll-love-them moment, they proved they could turn an obscure franchise into gold. This a 100% popcorn film with all the works. I remember the first time I watched it in the cinema & Quill was dancing to "Come and Get Your Love", I knew I was in for a good time. It might not be the best film, but it's certainly one of the most entertaining films of 2014.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:45pm On May 03, 2015
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/03/marvel-cinematic-universe-is-now-highest-grossing-movie-franchis/

It's official! MCU is now ahead of the Harry Potter, James Bond, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings franchises. With the MCU still only in Phase 2, there is every chance that it will set an all time record which will be difficult to beat, though the Star Wars franchise may run it close
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 11:56pm On May 03, 2015
cao:

Hooked on a feeling, I'm high on believing...
This is one hell of an entertaining film! This was the MCU's we-don't-give-a-damn-if-you-don't-know-these-guys-but-we-guarantee-you'll-love-them moment, they proved they could turn an obscure franchise into gold. This a 100% popcorn film with all the works. I remember the first time I watched it in the cinema & Quill was dancing to "Come and Get Your Love", I knew I was in for a good time. It might not be the best film, but it's certainly one of the most entertaining films of 2014.
cheesy The soundrack! That was one of the best ever opening sequences in movie history. Can't wait for part 2!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 12:31am On May 04, 2015
Here's my ranking...

Iron Man 3

Avengers

Iron Man

Thor

Guardians of the Galaxy

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

I'm probably the only Marvel fan that didn't really enjoy GOTG.

(Please no AoU spoilers)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.