Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! (27369 Views)

Solar Power N480k; Power 3bedroom; Iron, 2 Tvs, Deep Freezer. ETC / SOLAR POWER 24hrs. Now affordable than ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by biyibd: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2015
Thank you for the response boss. So in essence no grid tied pump can deliver such flowrate at such low wattage. So what do you advise then? Can a solar pump deliver such flowrate? If yes,how much will the setup cost- cost of solar pump and solar system to power same. The pump will run non-stop. Thank you once again
geesampower:

I am really sorry sir. There is no pump either dc or ac that can deliver that flowrate at that wattage.
And very few pumps use ac and dc interchangeably, so this highly limits your options.
To get that flow-rate you need a pump of at least 2hp and that would require about 2500watts of electricity or more if the pump is not using a BLDC motor.
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by geesampower(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
biyibd:
Thank you for the response boss. So in essence no grid tied pump can deliver such flowrate at such low wattage. So what do you advise then? Can a solar pump deliver such flowrate? If yes,how much will the setup cost- cost of solar pump and solar system to power same. The pump will run non-stop. Thank you once again
I sincerely apologize for my late reply.
Absolutely yes. But when you say round the clock, then that would require a battery back up, charge controller and extra solar panels that would cater for the backup charging.
There are grundfos, sunpumps, lorentz pumps that would get the job done
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by peaceland(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sir
Pls is it that 2.7-3.3 rated generator CANNOT charge a 3.5kva inverter system or its just going to be slow?
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by biyibd: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Thank you sir. I appreciate.
geesampower:

I sincerely apologize for my late reply.
Absolutely yes. But when you say round the clock, then that would require a battery back up, charge controller and extra solar panels that would cater for the backup charging.
There are grundfos, sunpumps, lorentz pumps that would get the job done
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by ricki: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2016
beside storing energy inside the battery for later use......can i also use the electricity generated straight from the panel to power things like fan, organic TV e.t.c during the day when there plenty of sunlight ??
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by spinola: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2016
mercurydirect.com.ng

1 Like

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by maleeks(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2017
How much will it cost to set up solar that power
1) 1, Freezer.
2) 1,Double doors American Fridge Freezer
3) 3, 1.5 hp air conditioner
4) 2, 50" LED tv
5) 3, Scanfrost Air cooler
6) 10 Energy saving bulbs
7) 1 Dstv
cool 1 Laptop
Considering everything to be working 24/7
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by osarodon(m): 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thanks
chris81964:
They are Trojan batteries. Manufactured in the USA by Trojan.

1 Like

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by sexdoll: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
ricki:
beside storing energy inside the battery for later use......can i also use the electricity generated straight from the panel to power things like fan, organic TV e.t.c during the day when there plenty of sunlight ??

yes, you can.

in fact, that's exactly how it works.

once your batteries are fully charged during the day, just know that you are invariably using the electricity generated from your solar panels directly.

but then, this is only made possible by your solar charger which regulates the higher voltage of your solar panel down to normal voltage of your battery bank which the inverter is also operating on.

sorry, this answer is just coming now... after all these years grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by SimonStiles: 12:55am On Nov 07, 2018
hey guys, I just wanted to share my article on system battery maintenance..https://www.teachalearner.com/system-battery-maintenance/
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by chris81964(m): 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
I have hooked my Nissan Leaf batteries to a BMS. I am blown away by what I can do with this BMS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU97HUhxdHk

1 Like

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by Sooshe79: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2019
Please how much will it cost to get an inverter to power just 50 bulbs of 25watts each and the price to power the same with solar
Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by galaukwu: 1:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
Can a battery that cost 90k power a fridge or freezer? Can you give us an idea on how much it will cost to get Solar system that will power similar appliances to 2kva Generator set
DRealGeesam:
THE UGLY COST OF GENERATING YOUR OWN ELECTRICITY!

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by spinola: 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
SOLAR is the Game Changer

Nigeria's New Rich have an unfair advantage; they have access to 24 hours of electricity. The Internet has opened up the world, it doesn't matter if you live in New York, New Delhi or a hut in a Nigerian Village.

If you have the talent and access to an uninterrupted power supply, you can potentially earn 10,000 USD and upwards every month (legitimately) selling your services to willing wealthy clients in every corner of the globe. You don't need a visa, you don't have to travel anywhere. You can earn millions working right here in Nigeria.

Don’t depend on NEPA, generate your own power using free energy from the sun. Say bye-bye to power failures. Go Solar today. The world is your oyster.

Mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: The Plain Truth On Solar Power (shocking)!!! by spinola: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2021
Mercury 2.4KVA Inverter
The critically acclaimed Mercury 2.4KVA Modified Sine Wave Inverter with inbuilt charger provides automatic changeover from NEPA, giving you undisrupted power supply. Sleek, compact, and lightweight, with overload protection, and digital LCD display which elucidates battery and load levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJgG2EaOZg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas Tragedy: Landslide Kills 3 In Abuja, Injures 3 Others / Isheri Construction - 4 Bedroom Luxury Duplex with 2 Bed BQ / Exploitation, Eviction Threat ‘killing’ Residents Of A Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.