Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike (13440 Views)

Resident Doctors Declare Indefinite Strike January 2 / Trouble! Doctors Begin Indefinite Strike / Lagos Doctors Forget Towel In Patient’s Abdomen After Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by lovat(m): 10:14am On Mar 16, 2015
Lagusta:
I can say this is the only place fashola failed woefully.....

And I'm not happy about it....
Fashola govt is an elitist govt, check out the mile 12- Ikorodu sham called express and the fly lekki-Epe expressway

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Fellonigerians: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2015
Everything in Nigeria that is focused on service delivery should be privatized, except security and defense... These strikes are getting out of hand... Government should focus on policy making and create an enabling environment for investors to thrive, and allow the private sector to run things... I blame both sides cos they dont understand their roles in the society...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by anthony86(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2015
This parties are all the Same, what is the difference Doctors go on strike under FG and also go on strike under LASG. Same noni
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by hush15: 10:36am On Mar 16, 2015
Akbee:
Fashola wl do sth soon.He is not that dumb as his enemies think.
but workers in the health sector are too demanding these days oh.thank goodness we have some private hospitals and native doctors around to fill in the gap.. health is wealth.

Tinubu and his allies started this. When the national strike happened, rather reason with FG to discourage the medical workers in going in that direction, they criticized the FG for not meeting up with the demands of the medical workers and polticized the whole matter such that the government eventually reached a compromise. Even, we nigerians also didn't help. We just kept blaming Oga Jona. The resultant effect, the state cannot meet up.

The so called special adviser said cos FG paid doesn't mean they can pay. When they were strongly antagonizing FG, didn't they capture that or didn't they realize that the effect will trinkle down to the state level?

She also said they just want the governmen to be blamed! I ask fashola and his aides, is blaming people for national challenges what they themselves are good at? We often forget that when we pray for rain, we will also have to deal with the mud!

Since October last year, fashola actions have been disaapointing all because of this minister appointment he is looking forward to... He just comments and talks without thinking deeply. Nasty comments bout the presidency which is already a treasonable offence during military era. Hate speechs and cheap blames that doesn't make sense.

Very irresponsible of the state government and yet, they chanting change. Me still don't know what change they shouting cos they represent the exact opposite.

JK is very OK for Lagos till Fashola becomes a PDP Member jare

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by ozoigbondu: 10:38am On Mar 16, 2015
anthony86:
This parties are all the Same, what is the difference Doctors go on strike under FG and also go on strike under LASG. Same noni

APC claims to be change and progressitives.APC according to their solgan is different from PDP led FG.The fact that doctors go on strike under fg automatically means no doctors under APC rule should go on strike
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by ozoigbondu: 10:46am On Mar 16, 2015
hush15:

Tinubu and his allies started this. When the national strike happened, rather reason with FG to discourage the medical workers in going in that direction, they criticized the FG for not meeting up with the demands of the medical workers and polticized the whole matter such that the government eventually reached a compromise. Even, we nigerians also didn't help. We just kept blaming Oga Jona. The resultant effect, the state cannot meet up.

The so called special adviser said cos FG paid doesn't mean they can pay. When they were strongly antagonizing FG, didn't they capture that or didn't they realize that the effect will trinkle down to the state level?

She also said they just want the governmen to be blamed! I ask fashola and his aides, is blaming people for national challenges what they themselves are good at? We often forget that when we pray for rain, we will also have to deal with the mud!

Since October last year, fashola actions have been disaapointing all because of this minister appointment he is looking forward to... He just comments and talks without thinking deeply. Nasty comments bout the presidency which is already a treasonable offence during military era. Hate speechs and cheap blames that doesn't make sense.

Very irresponsible of the state government and yet, they chanting change. Me still don't know what change they shouting cos they represent the exact opposite.

JK is very OK for Lagos till Fashola becomes a PDP Member jare
FashOle and APC are jokers They only critize and critize with no action.When the issue they are busy making noise about visits their state you will see how cluelessly useless they are
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by ikkkkk: 10:51am On Mar 16, 2015
Come in here Fashola. U have a case to answer angry undecided
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Forwetinnah: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Up APC!! This is the change they're disturbing our poor ears with. Make dem dey there dey launch Radio and TV stations to spread hate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by datribune: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2015
Enough is enough wit dis guys. Last time it was them vs fed govt until GEJ called off their bluff by sacking dem. Never again should any group be allowed to use strike as an instrument of extortion. dis state must not be held to ransom by a group of conscienceless & insatiably greedy money mongers who in their delusion & exagerrated sense of self-worth believe dat their overhyped & overrated service is d only essential service to d state. Some nigerians ar dying in sambisa forest while some die in dangerous duels wit armed robbers yet they do not hold d nation to ransom. We ar wit Fashola in stopping d plunder. d law must be upheld. No work, no pay. Period.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by visalo: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2015
natureblack:
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's interactive session with entertainers in Eko Hotel Lagos is the major cause to the strike - Fashola

You just hit the nail by the head. Fashola oya to you! Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by visalo: 11:07am On Mar 16, 2015
This is what happens in a state when you have a boy boy governor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Ephemmm: 11:11am On Mar 16, 2015
tociano009:
Fashola, oya blame Gej

Just the same way GEJ blames APC for all his maladministration and incompetence like -

Fuel scarcity
Insecurity
Economic recession
Corruption etc

How am i even sure he won't blame opposition for his inability to impregnate Patience tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by just2endowed: 11:12am On Mar 16, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
Truth be told the government of this country did not have the interest of the masses at heart, in a civilize world government don't joke with health and education sectors but in Nigeria the two most important sectors are left to suffer

what do u expect from them...? nothing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by tunesoft(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2015
Codedworld1:
most of this doctor have there own respective hospital so they are not care.Lagos doctors are well paid unlike other states. the are unpatriotic.
Abeg try to find the root of the whole issue before you jump to conclusions

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by dani3(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
na good luck cause am fasholajoker
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by nnachukz(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
twoondei:
They copied the no work no pay policy fron the FG. The strike in contentiom here was a national strike. All doctors working with FG got paid in full afterwards. States govts have paid except Lagos. FASHOLA ALAGIDI is the boss here.
they copied fg no work no pay but can't copy FOI bill nor follow fg to pay the doctors since fg has paid. Only copying what favours them and leave any that favours the masses. Hypocrisy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Dyt(f): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2015
anonimi:
Fashola is working!
Ambode is waiting!!
Eko is SINKI

Abeg what's the obsessionobsession with u having to quote me all the time?

U can use the pictures if u want but pls always edit my name
And it will shock u soon

The roads are being repaired and the governor himself was here yesterday to inspect
Expect pictures when its done. I hope u can use the pictures too
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by anonimi: 11:37am On Mar 16, 2015
Dyt:

Abeg what's the obsessionobsession with u having to quote me all the time?

U can use the pictures if u want but pls always edit my name
And it will shock u soon

The roads are being repaired and the governor himself was here yesterday to inspect
Expect pictures when its done. I hope u can use the pictures too

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by tociano009(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Ephemmm:

Just the same way GEJ blames APC for all his maladministration and incompetence like -

Fuel scarcity
Insecurity
Economic recession
Corruption etc

How am i even sure he won't blame opposition for his inability to impregnate Patience tongue tongue tongue
you
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by ilerry007(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] I think you guys dnt know about all this away doctors they demanded just too much and it not only Lagos state government that is going through this. I just believe it because fashola is not a doctor he should have know how to treat them well without any clash just passing by shaa
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by mcprince32(m): 11:45am On Mar 16, 2015
Jimi Agbaje pls start warning up for
#april11forJimi
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by onyxo76(m): 11:59am On Mar 16, 2015
politicians sha..

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
datribune:
Enough is enough wit dis guys. Last time it was them vs fed govt until GEJ called off their bluff by sacking dem. Never again should any group be allowed to use strike as an instrument of extortion. dis state must not be held to ransom by a group of conscienceless & insatiably greedy money mongers who in their delusion & exagerrated sense of self-worth believe dat their overhyped & overrated service is d only essential service to d state. Some nigerians ar dying in sambisa forest while some die in dangerous duels wit armed robbers yet they do not hold d nation to ransom. We ar wit Fashola in stopping d plunder. d law must be upheld. No work, no pay. Period.

Its very easy to rant like a mad dog, especially when you are hale and hearty.
May God not allow you to be in a condition to find out whether their services are overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by cutieemperorh(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
queensmith:
To focus on the issues at hand - since when do employees dictate to their employer what they will and won't be paid for?

If the government decides to hire contract staff then that is their prerogative - and I don't blame them when lives were lost the last time doctors went on strike.

They may have a right to strike, at the same time the government has a right to ensure lives are not lost and hiring contract staff is the easiest measure to do so.

If these doctors are not happy then they should more to Maiduguri and work there maybe other states will pay them more and overlook their nonsense. kmt
APC idiots are never too hard to identify,... They justify nonsense like its right... Mtcheeeew.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Situation001(m): 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
searching4love:

Who tell u say dem ban me? undecided
it's been long since I heard sorry see from you ni...
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by tollyson: 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
Why now? It's the poor masses that will suffer this rubbish. The rich don't patronize government hospitals. Is this the type of change APC is clamoring for? While I don't want to sound political, i think the doctors embarked on warning strike some few weeks back but the government did not take them serious. This is too bad for Lagos state government. I hope they won't blame the opposition for this ineptitude.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by datribune: 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
kcdegr8:

Its very easy to rant like a mad dog, especially when you are hale and hearty.
May God not allow you to be in a condition to find out whether their services are overrated.

Cut d crap, u ar d mad dog here.
Yes, nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance. What percentage of sick nigerians attend ur hospitals? Did u call off ur strike when d nation was in d throes of d deadliest ebola outbreak in history?. Didn't d nation cope brilliantly well wit d outbreak? What of d issue of govt doctors  indulging in private practice at govt time. One of u guys is currently serving time in Kirikiri 4 diversion of lagos govt resources to a private clinic. Guy, d integrity of d nigerian doctor is in shambles.
I may not always agree wit GEJ on many things but d way he clipped ur pathetic wings was a master stroke.
Better call off ur ill-adviced strike for ur greedy underbellies hav been exposed to nigerians in a season when d economy is in dire straits. Let's be clear, d days of holding d nation by d throat thru strikes & extorting lopsided & bogus deals ar over. It's over.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
datribune:

Cut d crap, u ar d mad dog here.
Yes, nigerian doctors hav an overblown sense of their importance. What percentage of sick nigerians attend ur hospitals? Did u call off ur strike when d nation was in d throes of d deadliest ebola outbreak in history?. Didn't d nation cope brilliantly well wit d outbreak? What of d issue of govt doctors  indulging in private practice at govt time. One of u guys is currently serving time in Kirikiri 4 diversion of lagos govt resources to a private clinic. Guy, d integrity of d nigerian doctor is in shambles.
I may not always agree wit GEJ on many things but d way he clipped ur pathetic wings was a master stroke.
Better call off ur ill-adviced strike for ur greedy underbellies hav been exposed to nigerians in a season when d economy is in dire straits. Let's be clear, d days of holding d nation by d throat thru strikes & extorting lopsided & bogus deals ar over. It's over.

lmao is this nigga high or jst frustrated?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by datribune: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2015
kcdegr8:

lmao is this nigga high or jst frustrated?

Lol. Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. First u call me a mad dog then dis. U be d judge who is really d frustrated one here. Better get ur sorry ass back to work. d days of holding d nation by d throat thru strikes & extorting lopsided & bogus deals ar over.
Re: Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2015
Can we have an intelligent discourse on the issues you've raised?
First, workers have a right to embark on industrial actions and they MUST not be victimized for it. Now, 8 other labour unions have gone on strike since the last doctors strike and they have been pain their salaries in full. This includes judiciary and joibt health sector union workers (nurses and co). Doctors have been selectively punished for going on strike.

Secondly, only doctors are being employed by the state govt as contract staff and this means you just get paid, no pensions, no career path, no promotion, you're just working like....a worker! This is, puting it lightly, insane. It is not done anywhere else in Nigeria amd not even other workers in the health team are treated this way.

So let's reason, if you stop training of doctors in your only teaching hospital, the one with which you boast on tv everyday, what future plans do you have for the health system?

My problem even is that they know and understad these issues but just feel like being lords.

Enuf is enuf!
queensmith:
To focus on the issues at hand - since when do employees dictate to their employer what they will and won't be paid for?

If the government decides to hire contract staff then that is their prerogative - and I don't blame them when lives were lost the last time doctors went on strike.

They may have a right to strike, at the same time the government has a right to ensure lives are not lost and hiring contract staff is the easiest measure to do so.

If these doctors are not happy then they should more to Maiduguri and work there maybe other states will pay them more and overlook their nonsense. kmt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fake Chloroquine Tablets In Circulation - NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Modern Bathroom Scale Available In Nigeria / 7 Natural Cough Remedies Forpersistent & Dry Coughs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.