Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! (4681 Views)

Fani-Kayode Blasts Kerry: "Your Statement To Sultan Is Garbage" / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC / Ijeoma Ozichi Writes Chimamanda Adichie On The Oba Of Lagos Statement To Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2015
I have always deplored political impunity and our politicians' utter disrespect for the Nigerian masses. To them, we're not more than a means to their ends; a tool to their power and stupendous wealth; a vehicle to their utmost ease, enjoyment and comfort. They have always treated us with the deepest disdain and disregard; they consider us a burden to their path of thievery, looting, power, influence and political masturbation. They have never hidden their disgust for us. As far as they are concerned, we do not have much say over the governance of this nation-our beloved Nigeria. While Nigeria is a nation and a home to us, its a farm and money machine to these tiny group of people.

I think all that's about to change. I cant wait for this transformation. Its a step in the positive direction for Nigeria as a whole. I pray we have peaceful elections. NO to violence. No to wanton destruction of life and properties. Nigeria is about to leap into its path of growth, development and overall improvement in the standard of living.

How?

AN APC/GMB VICTORY

There's no denying the fact that the game has really changed this time. It will amount to a delusion of grandeur to have the PDP dismiss this time the APC like it has done in the past. Its NO smooth ride for the PDP anymore. Whoever says or sees otherwise is being deceived. There's a possibility of GMB being declared the winner of the forthcoming general elections.

What His Victory Portends

This is the main purpose of this very brief article. A strong message will be sent to our politicians, that its no longer going to be business as usual. And that increases the power we wield as masses. Never shall the masses be relegated to the background like it has always being the case. Never again. Imagine our politicians vying into an office with that kind of mindset! The masses win. Nigeria wins.

A PDP/GEJ VICTORY

He will have no option than do better. The masses win. Nigeria wins. The era when an incumbent or a ruling party does not deliver to the best of its ability will be gone. PDP shall than be a better and greater party. The masses will be winner. The PDP wont repeat some of the critical mistakes it has done in the past. Some sections believe it will get worse if GEJ wins, but nothing could be further from the truth; he can ONLY get better. He's got a better understanding of the expectations of the average Nigerian.

AT THE END

At the end, the masses shall now believe in themselves; appreciate the massive power they wield; have a greater say on how they shall be governed. Nigeria shall be great. Again.
The era of political indifference and apathy will be gone, and never again shall the masses be at the mercy of not only corrupt, but also wicked, demonic and devilish men and women. Power belongs to the people, and it's time the people act it out!
I think, notwithstanding whoever wins amongst the two candidates, the masses, and Nigeria by extension, is the biggest winner.

God bless GMB
God bless GEJ, Mr President
God bless Nairaland.
God bless Nigeria!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Bayswater: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2015
There is this new found vigour by the Nigerian masses, they now have a strong belief that their votes will count.

It has never happened in the history of this country.

Something must be responsible for this, I know some people will scream change but it goes beyond that.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2015
Nice one, OP. I hope GMB wins to at least pass across this bold message to all politicians, including GMB himself, that the period of accountability has come. It is either you serve well or get kicked out.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by WisdomFlakes: 10:09am On Mar 16, 2015
Yes o. The people are taking back their power. Nigerian masses will no longer be taken for granted. #Never Again angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by mikeywise(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2015
Interesting piece, what is responsible for all these? CHANGE is indeed here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by politricks: 10:12am On Mar 16, 2015
At this point, i give credit to APC for being a formidable opposition. The ruling party had to 'try' to achieve in six weeks what they could not achieve in six years. And they can only be rewarded by giving them the mantle of leadership come march 28
Sai GMB

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by kokoA(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2015
I think Attahiru Jega is the man to thank.. Nigerians owe him a lot of appreciation. The only reason why there is this renewed interest by the masses is the introduction of PVC and card readers. People now have this believe that our votes will count this time around, unlike before when the ruling party cooks up figures based on the number of registered voters in their strongholds..

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by WisdomFlakes: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2015
kokoA:
I think Attahiru Jega is the man to thank.. Nigerians owe him a lot of appreciation. The only reason why there is this renewed interest by the masses is the introduction of PVC and card readers. People now have this believe that our votes will count this time around, unlike before when the ruling party cooks up figures based on the number of registered voters in their strongholds..

You are absolutely right! We derive our rights from our ability to exercise our franchise in a truly Free, fair, and credible election. If the elections aren't free and fair then our votes won't count which is tantamount to us losing our rights to elect our own leaders.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by bola1992: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ is the nigerian's answered prayer.

GEJ 2019!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
politricks:
At this point, i give credit to APC for being a formidable opposition. The ruling party had to 'try' to achieve in six weeks what they could not achieve in six years. And they can only be rewarded by giving them the mantle of leadership come march 28
Sai GMB

Sincerely speaking, the APC has done really well in making the ruling party more alive to its responsibility. That's a huge plus for our democracy. Kudos to them for that!

Meanwhile, I'm still gunning for GEJ!

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
kokoA:

He's done his best shaaaa. That position is not enviable at this time in particular. He's doing his job quiet well.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
mikeywise:
Interesting piece, what is responsible for all these? CHANGE is indeed here

Whichever way, Nigeria is moving forward.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Yes o. The people are taking back their power. Nigerian masses will no longer be taken for granted. #Never Again angry

I'm already looking beyond2015 , and far into our political future. There's no greater threat to bad governance than a politically awakened citizenry. I swear!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Bayswater:
There is this new found vigour by the Nigerian masses, they now have a strong belief that their votes will count.

It has never happened in the history of this country.

Something must be responsible for this, I know some people will scream change but it goes beyond that.

Nothing can stop an idea whose time has come- Victor Hugo!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
folksync:
Nice one, OP. I hope GMB wins to at least pass across this bold message to all politicians, including GMB himself, that the period of accountability has come. It is either you serve well or get kicked out.

Thank you! Either way, Nigeria is pushing forward!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Acidosis(m): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
politricks:
Sai GMB

GEJ transformation didn't start last month. You falsehood preachers should do something profitable with your time.

Some people are about graduating from the brand new unis; I guess they gained admission 6 weeks ago.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by egift(m): 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
By electing Buhari, the masses will be making it emphatic that no more anti-masses policies.

This is our time to make a Change. The victory for democracy, Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:
By electing Buhari, the masses will be making it emphatic that no more anti-masses policies.

This is our time to make a Change. The victory for democracy, Sai Buhari.

Hahahhahaha. Buhari mouthpiece don show at last. I'm looking at the bigger picture. And I believe whoever wins, the masses are the REAL winners.

Meanwhile, I'm still holding the fort at the GEJ camp !

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Ricardo2400(m): 1:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Change is what we need!!!
Sai GMB!!
Sai APC!
God Bless Nigeria
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
Acidosis:

GEJ transformation didn't start last month. You falsehood preachers should do something profitable with your time.

Some people are about graduating from the brand new unis; I guess they gained admission 6 weeks ago.
What an analogy..
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stronger: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
OP. . dein77 nice piece.

Yes, a GMB win will make politicians at ALL LEVELS realise that it is not business as usual. Re-election is NOT automatic.

But make no mistakes about it. . if GEJ wins;

EVERY BILLION DOLLAR HE HAS "INVESTED" IN THIS ELECTION WILL BE STOLEN BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!!

Even more so recklessly because he won't be worried about a re-election bid. This is clear.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stronger: 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
Acidosis:

Awwwww. . your delusions are adorable.

Can you explain why he waited;

ONE YEAR to "see" the NISScam victims?
ONE YEAR to send NOI to Chibok (after they all said the girls were imaginary)
FOUR YEARS to intensify the fight against Boko haram (They even entered Sambisa after claiming Sambisa can't be entered because it is too big)
Can you explain why he has waited until now to do things he should have done LONG AGO??!!

Also, I laugh when people like you talk of NEW UNIVERSITIES!! Lol. Any sensible government should know that the PATHETIC state of the CURRENT schools is the reason why we have largely worthless graduates. . many of whom run all over Nairaland with such enviable ignorance. So any government with half a brain cell would focus on improving the CURRENT SCHOOLS (research facilities, lecturer's welfare etc).

Can you explain or defend this? I challenge you to try to do it coherently without insults!

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 17, 2015
stronger:

Awwwww. . your delusions are adorable.

Can you explain why he waited;

ONE YEAR to "see" the NISScam victims?
ONE YEAR to send NOI to Chibok (after they all said the girls were imaginary)
FOUR YEARS to intensify the fight against Boko haram (They even entered Sambisa after claiming Sambisa can't be entered because it is too big)
Can you explain why he has waited until now to do things he should have done LONG AGO??!!

Also, I laugh when people like you talk of NEW UNIVERSITIES!! Lol. Any sensible government should know that the PATHETIC state of the CURRENT schools is the reason why we have largely worthless graduates. . many of whom run all over Nairaland with such enviable ignorance. So any government with half a brain cell would focus on improving the CURRENT SCHOOLS (research facilities, lecturer's welfare etc).

Can you explain or defend this? I challenge you to try to do it coherently without insults!

Sensible post!!! 1 trillion likes and shares.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by wiegraf: 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
musKeeto:

What an analogy..

So beautiful it's left me speechless.

That said, I agree with part of that. Playing captain obvious here, but his transformation didn't start last month or six weeks ago: it clearly never happened

After he gets stoned a few times it dawns on the genius and his masters that they really could actually lose this, leading to their now posturing and last minute fixes to improve his image.

To their credit, it does seem to be working on some people....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by stevecantrell: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thanks Op,

this is what I've Been talking about for ages.
Making Gej a one term president will send a strong message to the kleptocracy out there - crime and punishment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
wiegraf:

So beautiful it's left me speechless.

That said, I agree with part of that. Playing captain obvious here, but his transformation didn't start last month or six weeks ago: it clearly never happened

After he gets stoned a few times it dawns on the genius and his masters that they really could actually lose this, leading to their now posturing and last minute fixes to improve his image.

To their credit, it does seem to be working on some people....
Love your sig. Hope ur cool bro.
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by wiegraf: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
musKeeto:

Love your sig. Hope ur cool bro.

Goot, goot bros. And you?
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Pebcak: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
cool
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by Dannyset(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
kokoA:
Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by PassingShot(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good write up OP.

The only area I don't agree is how you think a PDP win will make Nigerians winner and make PDP sit up. If anything, a PDP win is a loss for Nigeria and will embolden PDP to continue in their usual ways.

What a PDP win will represent is a reward for failure of 16 ignoble years which is what we have done in the previous elections. Had we voted out PDP after four or eight years of OBJ's mediocre performance, perhaps an ACN presidency would have out-performed them for another four or eight years.

Do you really think a PDP win will lead to the following:

1. A serious war against corruption?
2. Discontinuation of awarding contracts to militants in the name of securing our pipelines? A constitutional responsibility of our Armed Forces?
3. Provision of adequate security to quickly dislodge insurgency whenever it rears its ugly head?
4. Accelerated provision of infrastructures?
5. Improvement in power supply?
etc., etc.

The fact that PDP has failed to even tackle one or two of these mentioned issues to national applause after 16 years at the center is enough for us Nigerians not to consider them worthy of another four years.

On the other hand and as you've rightly observed, an APC win will send a strong message not only to PDP but all other parties that it is the electorates who decide who rule them. PDP as an opposition party will re-organize and be confident of winning back the presidency should APC fail to deliver the goods.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by patrickmuf(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
I know the OP is all for GEJ's reelection but I can hardly fault this intelligent piece however, I think the real statement of intent by the masses will come in form of victory for GMB/PYO...I hope it doesn't end with the Presidential elections, we should exhibit this new found optimism in our collective power even in other tiers of electioneering...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Nigerian Masses About To Make A Strong Statement To Politicians! by dein77(m): 2:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
patrickmuf:
I know the OP is all for GEJ's reelection but I can hardly fault this intelligent piece however, I think the real statement of intent by the masses will come in form of victory for GMB/PYO...I hope it doesn't end with the Presidential elections, we should exhibit this new found optimism in our collective power even in other tiers of electioneering...

Your observation was apt and appropriate. I'm supporting the reelection bid of Mr President, but I have made it VERY clear, both here and out that my greatest loyalty lies with the nation. Both GEJ and GMB will come and go, but the nation remains. Hence it makes a greater sense to me more loyal to the nation.

It's also very true that message shall be stronger if GMB wins the presidential elections. NO doubt. Even at that, Nigeria gains tremendously, and a clear and vibrant message will be sent down the spines of our leaders.

Thanks for your contribution, and choosing to pass your comment without the minutest vestige of bile and anger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opinion: Kogi State Is Not Supposed To Be Part Of The North / Deziani Madueke Speaks After Long Silence- Never Stole Nigeria’s Money - / GEJ Vs Buharis Visit To Wounded Soldiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.