Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm (2222 Views)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / How Director Of Radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested And Tortured By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by tivta(m): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Has anyone noticed the sudden disruption of broadcast by radio continental 1023fm? My belief for this is, the station might have been sanctioned by NBC for playing partisan politics by playing ONLY adverts from APC candidates.
For those of you thinking this is illegal, you need to read the NBC code which states that NO broadcasting outfit should play partisan politics no matter what.
Even rhythm 937fm owner, ben murray bruce(former NTA chairman) a strong supporter of PDP(he is contesting for senate on the platform) stills plays adverts from APC.
We await for the explanation radio continental will give. Other stations should take note.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by Dekatron(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
All we know is: 'SAI JONATHAN'!!!!

#GEJtill2019 undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by GboyegaD(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
He who pays the piper dictates the tune. You advertise those who pay you as the station is not run on charity.

2 Likes

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by ozoigbondu: 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
That one is their own headache i don't listen to radio contiental

GEJ till 2019

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by ifekemmie(f): 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
I dnt believe dat can be reason for shutting d radio station, becos is not a charity home. Dey give service to those dat pays dem

1 Like

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by wordcat(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wh?
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by Chimarto: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
Perhaps the Radio owner doesn't know the meaning of continental?
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by cirmuell(m): 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
He who pays the poorerpiper dictatescalls the tubetune. You advertise those who pay you add the station is not run on charity purpose.
FIXED!
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by IVORY2009(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:
He who pays the poorer dictates the tube. You advertise those who pay you add the station is not run on charity purpose.

wat happens if other opposition parties brings money and radio continental refuses to collect and air their advert?
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by IVORY2009(m): 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2015
cirmuell:
FIXED!

are you Mr. fix it "Junior"
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
IVORY2009:

wat happens if other opposition parties brings money and radio continental refuses to collect and air their advert?

They have a right to choose who they want to advertise for since it is a private company. That said, it would be sheer ignorance to lose money because you are trying to support a party. They are in the business of making money and their involvement in politics will be to educate people rightly and not promoting partisan (politics) government. If they do this, if I were to be on the board of directors of the radio station and I hear it is true, many heads will roll and I wouldn't mind been voted out at the next AGM.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
cirmuell:
FIXED!

You should know it is an outcome of my swipe texting. Nonetheless, I appreciate the concern and will fix it now.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by cirmuell(m): 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:

You should know it is an outcome of my swipe texting. Nonetheless, I appreciate the concern and will fix it now.
no P man.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by egift(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Am not bothered. Come May 29th 2015, NTA will start telling us all the amazing feature of Buhari - the President and Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by cirmuell(m): 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
IVORY2009:

are you Mr. fix it "Junior"
Actually, I'm wreck it Ralph.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by banki(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=DeviIhimself post=31680163]

Buhari will fail and after that he will be hit by stroke because
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Gej till omenka and donphilopus rapes egift in the asss
[/quote

wow
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by tivta(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
GboyegaD:

They have a right to choose who they want to advertise for since it is a private company. That said, it would be sheer ignorance to lose money because you are trying to support a party. They are in the business of making money and their involvement in politics will be to educate people rightly and not promoting partisan (politics) government. If they do this, if I were to be on the board of directors of the radio station and I hear it is true, many heads will roll and I wouldn't mind been voted out at the next AGM.
. That's why I said the NBC code dOes NOT allow any media house to turn down adverts from opposing business or team. Its in the journalistic code to be impartial at ALL times.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by focus7: 8:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
I guess AIT, Channel and the rest working for pdp are partisan that is why they have not be banned right?.

1 Like

Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by tivta(m): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
focus7:
I guess AIT, Channel and the rest working for pdp are partisan that is why they have not be banned right?.
. If am not mistaken, those channels STILL play adverts from other political parties.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by honeric01(m): 10:50pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nigeria info, Ray power and AIT still up and running?

so NBC can only see that of radio continental?

march 28th is around the corner.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by Brimmie(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
Just hearing this. Gotta confirm.
Re: Shut Down Of Radio Continental 1023fm by tivta(m): 7:32am On Mar 17, 2015
Its finally back on. No explanation given.

(1) (Reply)

Official David Mark Losses Senatorial Seat / READ AND WATCH VIDEO Of President Buhari Outstanding Inauguration Speech / Why Hasn't The APC Found The Missing 20 Billion Dollars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.