Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council (26067 Views)

Igbinedion Gifts Tiger To Oba Of Benin, Ewuare & It Roars At People (Video,Pics) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by kodlins(f): 8:25am On Mar 17, 2015
Arysexy:

Lol
Na native church, where oba is adored

My dear oh. There is something wrong about the church. Each time I pass there, it gives me chills.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by DidiLove1: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2015
Solomon Aiseokhuoba Igbinoghodua Akenzua, His Royal Majesty Omo n'Oba n'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa I

Oba' ghato peere, Isee!

The mighty leopard!
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by osigiepurr(m): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2015
Its so painful and unfortunate that its only in this part of the world u will see people rejoicing and typing RIP to dead whenever people in authority are sick.
But, in other part of the world with civilized minds, u will see people passionately and emotionally typing get well messages and rendering prayers to the people involved. "My people perish because of lack of knowledge"..........
Our Oba has been doing nice jobs in Benin Kingdom to foster national peace and political stability in every quarters of d federation.......but, some selected few are still not comfortable with d good deeds, instead, they are wishing him dead. God Almighty will strike down anybody wishing another person to die IJN.
Infact, for your fundamental information, Oba of Benin who is over 90 years of age is not DEAD but indisposed at d present. Get well quickly to continue your good fatherly role in the kingdom of Benin..........reporting live from Ogbe Quarters, Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State, Benin City.........Oba gha to ukpe re.....isee

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by redsun(m): 10:18am On Mar 17, 2015
The king is dead,the king lives.

A king never dies because there is always one in place to take over. All he does is transits into the realm of the ancestors where he takes his position among the divine.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 10:24am On Mar 17, 2015
Etinosajay:

Bro, how about you give it a rest.

If you have seen where heads where collected to bury any Oba. Please make a video and you're a rich man.

If you haven't, how about you respect people's tradition and Keep numb.
benin guys too dull.
Bunch of indisposed
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 10:25am On Mar 17, 2015
redsun:
The king is dead,the king lives.

A king never dies because there is always one in place to take over. All he does is transits into the realm of the ancestors where he takes his position among the divine.
too much of nollywood
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Paspane: 10:44am On Mar 17, 2015
I have no problem with monarchy I believe in retaining culture but what i wouldn't accept is culture violating human rights then if so it should be scrapped
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by macof(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2015
spectator2001:

This mmsen guy... are u a nigerian? where in Nigeria are u from? Let me take it up from there.

Please be constructive in your response, I ONLY asked questions, please.

He's probably not a Nigerian or from one of those small insignificant tribes that have lost their culture
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by macof(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2015
Paspane:
I have no problem with monarchy I believe in retaining culture but what i wouldn't accept is culture violating human rights then if so it should be scrapped

Human rights finds it's source in culture

In other parts of the world, their rights is determined by what suits them - cultural attitude
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by redsun(m): 10:51am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
too much of nollywood

I am African. Born and bred,what comes out of me is inborn. Until we revive our culture and bring it along into the present, we will remain zombies like we are now. We will remain the ones to be pitied and rescued by our lifelong oyinbo masters.

The Benin traditional systems works better that Nigerian so-called democrazy for sure.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by macof(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2015
mmsen:

I have an issue with monarchy because it is the antithesis of a meritocracy, empowering one figure with so much power usually leads to abuse.

And what is wrong with meritocracy? Infact that's the best way of governance
You expect power to be given to dumb morons who have no achievement and pride in culture?

Probably you don't know what meritocracy is but it's common sense to give to who is deserving...you don't know the history of Benin and why Edos owe so much to the Oba

Many people would prefer power abuse from a well deserving figure in the face of competence and development (eg. Mao of China, Oba Ewuare, Alaafin Sango) over democracy with corruption, poverty, epileptic power supply, awful infrastructure etc. eg. Nigeria since 1960
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Etinosajay(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
benin guys too dull.
Bunch of indisposed

Yea, thank you. Are you satisfied with insulting a tribe now?
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by mmsen: 11:29am On Mar 17, 2015
macof:

And what is wrong with meritocracy? Infact that's the best way of governance
You expect power to be given to dumb morons who have no achievement and pride in culture?

Probably you don't know what meritocracy is but it's common sense to give to who is deserving...you don't know the history of Benin and why Edos owe so much to the Oba

Many people would prefer power abuse from a well deserving figure in the face of competence and development (eg. Mao of China, Oba Ewuare, Alaafin Sango) over democracy with corruption, poverty, epileptic power supply, awful infrastructure etc. eg. Nigeria since 1960

Where did I say there was a problem with meritocracy? Look up the definition of 'antithesis'.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
otokx:

Looks like he got this one right but thought they said the indisposed guy endorsed GEJ some days ago?
he cannot, it could be his ist son who has been for Gej from d beginning. Oba is for apc even in d grave
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by bigfrancis21: 4:21am On Mar 18, 2015
phayvoursky:

ME BEEN FROM EDO STATE CAN CATEGORICALLY TELL YOU THAT THE OBA IS DEAD. THEY ONLY CAME OUT TO SAY THIS NOW CAUSE HE HAS BEEN BURIED.

RIP to the late Oba. Where was he buried?
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 18, 2015
ransomed:
:--Tradition demands that seven heads must roll to accompany the Oba to meet his ancestors.
OK you, your father, your mother, your 2 brothers and your grandfather + your sister those are seven.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by ransomed: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2015
studio14:
OK you, your father, your mother, your 2 brothers and your grandfather + your sister those are seven.
::-- Oh God! return this arrow back to sender's camp in Jesus name. Amen! whoever pronounce judgement against me is judged and condemned to die violently by fire. Cause an ambuishment in the order of Ai to besiege his household. He shall continually experience Ichabod in Jesus name. Amen! Oh God that made Hamman to die by his own mechanization, cause this adversary to perish by his imagination, orchestration and pronounciation of negative declaration against whom you have chosen to bless. Let no help be extended to his generation. I speak as mouthpiece of the Almighty God that his household be desolate and his portion a desert. If my hands are pure and my heart is free, let the words that i have declared and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord. His heaven is shut permanently in the name of Jesus. AMEN!
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 18, 2015
ransomed:
::-- Oh God! return this arrow back to sender's camp in Jesus name. Amen! whoever pronounce judgement against me is judged and condemned to die violently by fire. Cause an ambuishment in the order of Ai to besiege his household. He shall continually experience Ichabod in Jesus name. Amen! Oh God that made Hamman to die by his own mechanization, cause this adversary to perish by his imagination, orchestration and pronounciation of negative declaration against whom you have chosen to bless. Let no help be extended to his generation. I speak as mouthpiece of the Almighty God that his household be desolate and his portion a desert. If my hands are pure and my heart is free, let the words that i have declared and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord. His heaven is shut permanently in the name of Jesus. AMEN!
so you even know about Jesus?
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by ransomed: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
studio14:
so you even know about Jesus?
::-- You have been adequately answered. Thanks.
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
ransomed:
::-- You have been adequately answered. Thanks.
don't even cared reading though
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by jaydude(f): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Bonapart:
benin guys too dull.
Bunch of indisposed

You need to learn how to speak wisely in a public forum, cool if u insulting a person u have issues with, but generalising, it's pathetic
Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Bonapart(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2015
jaydude:

You need to learn how to speak wisely in a public forum, cool if u insulting a person u have issues with, but generalising, it's pathetic
apology...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Indisposed -traditional Council by Saint256: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
*hiss*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Idioms (Ilu) / Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.