Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,962 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage (6193 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Gosh!! I Hate Marriage / How Can He Deal With A Wife Who Hate Sex So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by TV01(m): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Jesus! You are even more of a weirdo than I thought. So, because someone made a thread criticizing the attitude of gays in a particular forum, therefore gays are violent, racist, misogynistic and b1tchy?!!

How is that link a proof of an existing stereotype?? Seriously, go back to daddy duties and stop talking with your a*ss.

Be quiet fagh-hagh...read the thread it's a commentary on gay culture. And in one word it's described as "vile" - by a bona fide bender. All your ideological posturing and cant cannot change that.

Go find a man who will overlook your misspent youth and dark past and maybe take you under his authority. Perhaps 3rd wife or concubine is something you might reasonably shoot for - have a makeover first sha!

Daddy daycare grin

TV

**and please try and rise above your antecedents and not blaspheme - it's not clever or funny**

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by kandiikane(m): 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
TV01
All this is irrelevant when you are yet to show me how marriage is more beneficial to women.

You do not need marriage to have children, many couples have children without being married so I do not get the point you are trying to make. The discussion of children is irrelevant to why you quoted me.

How can I get the bible wrong when I actually made no quotations from it? Even if I did provide proof on how my reference to the bible was wrong. I honestly do not understand your point.

You know what, fine! If you want to make it a man vs women issue, then so be it. It just shows the insecurities of men failing to accept the truth. Yes, marriage did oppress women and still does in some ways, these are also true. Before I spoke of making peace, securing assets etc, but since you want it to be men vs women, marriage was made for the benefit of men to control women like cattle, it gave an average man authority over another human being just because of gender differences. It gave a man the right to sleep with as many women as he liked without any judgments.

Even on this forum, you can see the ways men look forward to getting married just so they can oppress another human being and to be put on a pedestal they do not deserve just because of what? For being born a man. They look forward to the life where they can demand undeserved respect which they never got from their peers. And you TV01 are going to sit here and deny this?
Anyways, all this is irrelevant because you are yet to break down the statement you made, which is similar to the one op made.

All I asked you was to answer this question, how is marriage more beneficial to women? What you have been doing is beating about the bush without making a point relating to the questions asked---this is what you need to quote, not anything else.

However, I believe it's fair to say that it benefits women more
This was why I responded to you just in case you have forgotten! It's funny how people go around saying marriage is more beneficial to women yet cannot provide any evidence to support it.

If you aren't going to provide a tangible response to my question, I am done. Goodnight!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
TV01:

Be quiet fagh-hagh...read the thread it's a commentary on gay culture. And in one word it's described as "vile" - by a bona fide bender. All your ideological posturing and cant cannot change that.

Go find a man who will overlook your misspent youth and dark past and perhaps maybe take you under his authority. Perhaps 3rd wife or concubine is something you might reasonably shoot for - have a makeover first sha!

Jesus! I have been feeding a troll! There is no argument here because what you're saying is untrue and utter trash. I refuse to make myself your entertainment/break from poop and crying.

How old do you think I am and what misspent youth are you yapping about? Don't answer. Just GO!

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by TV01(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
kandiikane:
TV01
All this is irrelevant when you are yet to show me how marriage is more beneficial to women.
Asked and answered already - https://www.nairaland.com/2199777/thread-nairalanders-hate-marriage/2#31715506

kandiikane:

You do not need marriage to have children, many couples have children without being married so I do not get the point you are trying to make. The discussion of children is irrelevant to why you quoted me.
It is relevant to marriage. Firstly, it's pivotal to why we have marriage and secondly and consequent to the first point, it's the certified best way to raise children. No one said procreation requires wedlock, what we are saying is wedlock optimises procreative outcomes - ATBE.

kandiikane:

How can I get the bible wrong when I actually made no quotations from it? Even if I did provide prove on how my reference to the bible is wrong. I honestly do not understand your point.
You mis-ascribed what the Bible prescribed regards marriage.

kandiikane:

You know what, fine! If you want to make it a man vs women issue, then so be it. It just shows the insecurities of men failing to accept the truth. Yes, marriage did oppress women and still does in some ways, these are also true. Before I spoke of making peace, securing assets etc, but since you want it to be men vs women, marriage was made for the benefit of men to control women like cattle, it gave an average man authority over another human being just because of gender differences. It gave a man the right to sleep with as many women as he liked without any judgments.
A marriage advocate cannot rightly have a male vs. female mindset. Marriage per se did not afford men the "benefit" you describe; even if certain men/cultures ascribed that "benefit" to themselves.

kandiikane:
Even on this forum, you can see the ways men look forward to getting married just so they can oppress another human being and to be put on a pedestal they do not deserve just because of what? For being born a man. They look forward to the life where they can demand undeserved respect which they never got from their peers. And you TV01 are going to sit here and deny this? Anyways, all this is irrelevant because you are yet to break down the statement you made, which is similar to the one op made.
Indeed, I will vehemently deny it cool. Please show me where any man has stated his aim of getting married to "oppress his wife" undecided
Breakdown? Which statement??

kandiikane:
All I asked you was to answer this question, how is marriage more beneficial to women? What you have been doing is beating about the bush without making a point relating to the questions asked---this is want you to quote, not anything else.
As stated; asked and answered already.

kandiikane:
This was why I responded to you just in case you have forgotten! It's funny how people go around saying marriage is more beneficial to women yet cannot provide any evidence to support it.
Yawn. The investment in children via birth and nurture invariably places a heavier toll on women. Think of the gestation period alone. A mans effort is minimal and limited to the point of conception.

A man committed to a woman and any offspring they may have "equalises" things somewhat and additionally, provides the best setting for those children.

kandiikane:
If you aren't going to provide a tangible response to my question, I am done. Goodnight!
Goodnight if you are going to keep "roundabouting" grin.

TV

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by coogar: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
TV01 - the defender of marriage! cool
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by TV01(m): 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Jesus! I have been feeding a troll! There is no argument here because what you're saying is untrue and utter trash. I refuse to make myself your entertainment/break from poop and crying.

How old do you think I am and what misspent youth are you yapping about? Don't answer. Just GO!
Make your assertion as loud as thunder - it does not change the truth in the least. Gay culture is narcissistic. And among other things deeply misogynistic (they objectify women as breeders), casually sexist, ageist and racist.

It's also evident in their galloping promiscuity, relationship violence, perverse sexual practice and rampant drug use - think chemo-sex. Their inability to form and keep relationships and rabid activism to legitimise their illness

Let me go and rightly raise my offspring, lest they walk under the same cloud of delusion that rained on you grin!

Faaag-haaag cool

TV

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by coogar: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
every man & his dog knows homosëxuals are extremely violent. the top ten serial killers in the world are faggöts! their relationships are also rife with violence.
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by TV01(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
coogar:
every man & his dog knows homosëxuals are extremely violent. the top ten serial killers in the world are faggöts! their relationships are also rife with violence.
Abeg, don't mind the inverterate derailer called Shollypopz aka Bananabender. She must have found her ideology on her "women and gender studies" course. Or whilst nosing around in a feeding trough - same difference grin

TV

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by kandiikane(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
TV01:

Asked and answered already - https://www.nairaland.com/2199777/thread-nairalanders-hate-marriage/2#31715506

It is relevant to marriage. Firstly, it's pivotal to why we have marriage and secondly and consequent to the first point, it's the certified best way to raise children. No one said procreation requires wedlock, what we are saying is wedlock optimises procreative outcomes - ATBE.

You mis-ascribed what the Bible prescribed regards marriage.

A marriage advocate cannot rightly have a male vs. female mindset. Marriage per se did not afford men the "benefit" you describe; even if certain men/cultures ascribed that "benefit" to themselves.

Indeed, I will vehemently deny it cool. Please show me where any man has stated his aim of getting married to "oppress his wife" undecided
Breakdown? Which statement??

As stated; asked and answered already.

Yawn. The investment in children via birth and nurture invariably places a heavier toll on women. Think of the gestation period alone. A mans effort is minimal and limited to the point of conception.

A man committed to a woman and any offspring they may have "equalises" things somewhat and additionally, provides the best setting for those children.

Goodnight if you are going to keep "roundabouting" grin.

TV

if that link you posted answered the question, we won't still be on here.
And who said I am a marriage advocate? Who said I wasn't ?

I don't even know why I responded to your post. It becomes irritating when someone beats about the bush without answering a simple question asked. Stop arguing when you have no relevant contributions to make on the topic raised.

Have I not mentioned how couples are raising children without being married? So why are you arguing an irrelevant point to the topic at hand when raising a child can be done without being married?

Gosh man, I feel my brain cells dying anytime I quote you. Please remind me not to ever respond to you again because it seems I am arguing with a brick

7 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by TV01(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2015
kandiikane:
if that link you posted answered the question, we won't still be on here.
And if it didn't, why did you not say you were not satisfied with that response - and state the reasons why undecided

kandiikane:
I don't even know why I responded to your post. It becomes irritating when someone beats about the bush without answering a simple question asked. Stop arguing when you have no relevant contributions to make on the topic raised.
Actually you are the one who not only failed to add value, you actually regressed & toxified the discussion; and here's why;

You claimed marriage benefitted men and listed those benefits as ones that always came at the expense of women, thus;
1. Denying women true agency
2. Making marriage oppressive of women
3. Failing to note any benefits of marriage to women

At which point I responded and stated that marriage benefits both paties and the whole. As opposed to your tirade that it benefitted men at the expense of women.

I also posited that it beneffited women somewhat more all told as it evened out the burden of child-rearing. All the ranting & roundabouting you've subsequently posted just shows how unbalanced your thinking is on this issue - which is evident from your first post and why I said you have much in common with the OP.

kandiikane:
Have I not mentioned how couples are raising children without being married? So why are you arguing an irrelevant point to the topic at hand when raising a child can be done without being married?
Show how little you really grasp; apart from woefully mis-ascribing the bible, you appear not to understand that children flourish best in marriage, without the possibility of children there would be little use for the institution, and it's the safest form of domestic arrangement for women.

No one has claimed that procreation or child rearing cannot be done outside marriage - just why it's best within it

kandiikane:
Gosh man, I feel my brain cells dying anytime I quote you. Please remind me not to ever respond to you again because it seems I am arguing with a brick
Anyone who can sense individual brain cells dying obviously doesn't have an abundance of them - as you've clearly evidenced cheesy. Try and stick to topics you are familiar with. And you'll find that in anything other than the lowest company coarse ad-hominem does not register.

You've been duly charged, respond if you are able, or do us both a favour wink!

TVMIC

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by adanduka: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2015
tobechi74:
Before you get married,visit the brides family.

look at the mother to see what the GF will end up being. That’s true enough, but look at the father as well. If he appears worn down and henpecked then take a good look at your own future.

Funny, but usually true grin
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2015
tobechi74:

will the certificate get you job?

No!

But one less insult to receive from bushito Nigerian NIGGAS and NIGRESSES!

You dun have to hear "OLD CARGO WEY NEFA MARRY BORN"!
Or things like "12 years a bridesmaid and NEVER A BRIDE" gather here and let us PLAN on and off NL abi? lipsrsealed
Quite a BIG RELIEF!

Amiiiiiiiiiiin oooooooooooh! grin
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by ImBae(f): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2015
Me! Me! Me!

Why am I just seeing this thread.

Hate is a strong word though.
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by ImBae(f): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2015
muafrika:
You just hate women. Not marriage.

My Exact thought.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by tobechi74: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Is there any other person who hates marriage?
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
tobechi74:
Is there any other person who hates marriage?
Nope, just you.
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by tobechi74: 8:53am On Aug 10, 2016
a
Re: A Thread For Nairalanders Who Hate Marriage by KanwuliaExtra: 10:07am On Aug 10, 2016
If you have never been married, you really can't hate marriage right? cheesy
Na consolation prize for losing out of the "GAME OF WOES"? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Mother Reacts After Seeing This Her Daugther's Latest Whatsapp Photo / How Do I Handle A Nagging, Disrespective And Poor Sex Life Wife /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.