Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? (5893 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Nigerian Begins Visa On Arrival (voa) Issuance For Business Visas, Tourist Visas / Is Kenya Safe To Visit Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by scorpa: 3:57am On Mar 17, 2015
Hello Guys,

Due to conflicting information that I have been getting, I would like to know if the visa on arrival in Kenya is still available to Nigerians. What are the documentation that I need to put in place before going?

Regards
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by oknee: 5:39am On Mar 17, 2015
Yes. Costs 50 dollars for single entry.I was there last 2 wks and was asked how long I will be staying and if it was for tourism purposes. No big deal in getting it. Was not even asked of hotel accomodation.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by cutieme(m): 5:56am On Mar 17, 2015
@oknee are u back in Naija?Welcome back bro.So u mean one should just book a flight ticket and go to Kenya and get your visa @POE?Please which airline did u follow and how much? More so what were the documents u tendered? Thanks.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by oknee: 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
cutieme:
@oknee are u back in Naija?Welcome back bro.So u mean one should just book a flight ticket and go to Kenya and get your visa @POE?Please which airline did u follow and how much? More so what were the documents u tendered? Thanks.

Yes, I am back. Travelled with ethiopian airlines, ticket cost approx 119k. Bought the ticket from the airline. Just book a ticket and book accomodation through booking.com. I saw kenya comfort hotel which is quite popular and it looked nice frm outside, besides it s nt so expensive. I just printed the letter that stated my mission and showed to thofficer. I was asked if I was there for tourism purposes. I was not asked of hw much I had with me and hotel booking.it was a very simple procedure.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by scorpa: 2:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
@Oknee
Thanks for the info....but I have a couple of questions because I plan to be in Kenya in about three weeks:

1. Can you please explain the exact procedure you went through before getting to Kenya?
2. What documents do I need to go with?
3. How were you able to get your ticket that cheap, because the cheapest that I have seen so far is about 157k
4. When exactly did you land in kenya; Can I get cheap good food around instead of eating at the hotel?

Regards
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by oknee: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
scorpa:
@Oknee
Thanks for the info....but I have a couple of questions because I plan to be in Kenya in about three weeks:

1. Can you please explain the exact procedure you went through before getting to Kenya?
2. What documents do I need to go with?
3. How were you able to get your ticket that cheap, because the cheapest that I have seen so far is about 157k
4. When exactly did you land in kenya; Can I get cheap good food around instead of eating at the hotel?

Regards

1. Bought ticket from ethiopian airline. Printed the letter stating my mission to kenya and obtained my yellow fever certificate. Boarded and landed at the airport where I obtained the visa at the POE.
2. Yellow fever cert, return ticket, hotel booking(although I was not asked), and some dollars.
3. I booked from the ethiopian airline office. I flew from abj. I believe flights are cheaper from there.
4. Landed in kenya at 3.20am although the stated time for arrival was 1.20am but we had to get to kigali first and spent an extra hour there. I don't know about food because I stayed with a family friend.

4 Likes

Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by gmacnoms(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
oknee:

1. Bought ticket from ethiopian airline. Printed the letter stating my mission to kenya and obtained my yellow fever certificate. Boarded and landed at the airport where I obtained the visa at the POE.
2. Yellow fever cert, return ticket, hotel booking(although I was not asked), and some dollars.
3. I booked from the ethiopian airline office. I flew from abj. I believe flights are cheaper from there.
4. Landed in kenya at 3.20am although the stated time for arrival was 1.20am but we had to get to kigali first and spent an extra hour there. I don't know about food because I stayed with a family friend.
the ticket. Is it for to and fro? @ dat amount
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by janvier27(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2015
No. You now have to apply on-line and get your visa before your trip. No more cash collection at entry point. This became effective sept. 1, and this even affected those who were caught up just in transit like myself. I was however granted concession to make payment to a bank within the airport.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by cutieme(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
janvier27:
No. You now have to apply on-line and get your visa before your trip. No more cash collection at entry point. This became effective sept. 1, and this even affected those who were caught up just in transit like myself. I was however granted concession to make payment to a bank within the airport.
How do u do this bro and what is the link to applying ?
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by janvier27(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
cutieme:
How do u do this bro and what is the link to applying ?
I honestly don't know. But I remember they said something about doing it on their website. I guess a google search for Kenya visa will help, or you consult a travel agent. I was allowed to pay the $20 transit visa fee to a bank in the airport after I complained that it was not right to apply the new rule to those of us caught in transit.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by marjson(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
scorpa:
Hello Guys,

Due to conflicting information that I have been getting, I would like to know if the visa on arrival in Kenya is still available to Nigerians. What are the documentation that I need to put in place before going?

Regards
there was a must, online electronic visa application for anyone visiting Kenya..... but it has been extended to allow for people to get used to it, as for now electronic and manual application run concurrently . so you can still get visa on arrival for Nigerians, but it's safer to get used to and just apply through online
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by cremeandchic: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2015
https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/

That's the link to apply for a Kenyan Visa online.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by BossMezie: 8:06am On May 02, 2017
Hello Guys,
Has anyone been to Kenya recently? How much is the Visa on arrival? Someone told me $50. Another told me $100. Can someone verify the cost in 2017. i plan to vist in at the end of May, 2017.
Thanks.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by PissedYagami(m): 8:14am On May 02, 2017
BossMezie:
Hello Guys,
Has anyone been to Kenya recently? How much is the Visa on arrival? Someone told me $50. Another told me $100. Can someone verify the cost in 2017. i plan to vist in at the end of May, 2017.
Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/3752339/trip-kenya-pictures/24
He has
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 21, 2017
Kenya no longer has the Visa on Arrival option .This ended in September 1st 2015. We now have only 3 categories.
1.Visa Free for select Commonwealth nations(Nigeria is not one of them), the East African Community and Ethiopia. If you are a resident of those nations and possess a passport from that country, you can use it to enter Kenya with no Visa. In West Africa, only Ghana,Gambia and Sierra Leone are on the list
2.e-Visa. Nigerians can only apply online for a Kenyan Visa.This method applies to most nations on the planet. This can be done at https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/ under the eVisa category. I believe it is $51 for single entry visas
3.Consular Visa. This applies mainly to war torn high risk nations like Iraq, Syria,Afghanistan etc.For such cases, the visa is processed by the Department of Immigration directly. For some reason, Cameroon is on this list
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by Raylight2(m): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
what VISA type do I need as a student to enter Kenya?
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by Raylight2(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
cremeandchic:
https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/
That's the link to apply for a Kenyan Visa online.
how long is the evisa processing?
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by cremeandchic: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2020
Raylight2:

how long is the evisa processing?

Used to take about 48 hours. Not sure what it is these days.
Re: Is Kenya Still Visa On Arrival? by Raylight2(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2020
cremeandchic:

Used to take about 48 hours. Not sure what it is these days.
ok. thanks

(1) (Reply)

5 Solid Truths About Living In Abuja / The Worlds Biggest And Most Beautiful Ship, Its More Developed Than Some Cities / 80% Of Visa Documents Are Fake - Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.