Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,579 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers (42817 Views)

Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Provie:
FirstBank is a Plc, not a Ltd. Besides they dont say "Dear Customer"; dey replace Customer with ur real name.
Thanks for showing us our flaws we will improve on that.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ogbes07: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Any email tht requres you 2 provide ur details online is a fraud. Pls always get in touch wth customers care b4 u do anything cos these scammers may start using other technics since tis method is getting out dated.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by bimbor(m): 8:50am On Apr 12, 2015
englishmart:
"you don't scam a scammer."
That's the response I usually give them

Lolx
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2015
englishmart:
sure
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ceejay80s(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2015
Nmeri17:
Hi bro smiley. hope today was good?? please stop peddling this yo lies everywhere. do have a nice evening wink

PS: mods please ban this guy angry he always breaks rule 8 &10
cc naijacutee, puskin
Are u olajumoke? If no, then what's ur business.
Except na ur second moniker
I wonder why u go dey drink panadol for another person headache
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by mykross: 8:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Anyone could be scammed, even intelligent individuals just pray they don't get to you. By the way, these techniques are learning.
First time comment!!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ceejay80s(m): 9:01am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:
They hacked my account and took N350,000.00 through an accpunt in Union Bank. I have written countless letters to Union Bank to identify the said account holder but they are shielding him. UNION BANK NIG. PLC is allowing them to use their Bank as platform to swindle innocent nigerians.
Report them to the efcc or sue them
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by linohlex: 9:19am On Apr 12, 2015
pls fellow nairalands is this online sales store (awoofmobiles.com) real. i have this feeling that i have been fraud by the managers of this sales store, your adevice needed. I ordered a device from this online store at the rate of 20k on 24 march of last month. And was told is paid b4 delivery and no extra currier charge attached. After initial payment, i was asked to pay 4k for currier charge.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by linohlex: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2015
ceejay80s:

Report them to the efcc or sue them
I need their contact the one i pick on google is not going through
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by gerald09(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2015
they send an email blast and hope to catch a mugu usually this scammers ain't Nigerians. they open email add with Nigerian names to make if seem local, if u open the link they get access to ur emails and get ur finances and log in details. if you bank with any of these banks please don't be bothered just call your bank never open the link. remember your bank will never send such sensitive massage via email they will get you to go to any breach if said issues occur.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by magicfingers009: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2015
Gboliwe:
This one almost got me. Almost in the sense that I had to look at it twice before I was convinced I was set up for a scam.

Came in a couple of minutes ago. This time around, it's with GTB and I have an account with them.
I knew it was fake because my transaction alert doesn't come from GENS. I still tried to follow the link they gave and it redirected me to http://ibank.gtbank.com.cmvingenieria.cl/ibank3/security/

With the cmvinblahblah, I knew it was cloned. I keyed in www.gtbank.com by myself and saw the difference. We should be really alert. These thieves mean serious business.
Its obviously a scam. GeNS@gtbank.com would mention your name and not say Dear Customer.
Moreover its intops@gtbank.com that should send u msgs for adding beneficiary. Funny guys. That one was a good one tho
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ceaser: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2015
linohlex:
I need their contact the one i pick on google is not going through

A brotherly advice: Please tarry till GMB is sworn in cos as it is, EFCC is virtually non-existent. Everything you try to do now before May 29 will be exercise in futility.

I know hundreds of aggrieved people (staffs of companies, federal ministry of works, federal teaching hospitals, other federal parastatals, scam victims etc) that already have their petitions standby and on red alert, waiting for May 29 to send in barrage of complaints. Evan almighty comes to mind.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Dmatter(m): 10:12am On Apr 12, 2015
Are r we sure some of d scammers r nt here giving advices??
All we need is akounuche(wisdom)
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by themodernman: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2015
What happens if one unknowingly clicks & opens those links?
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Slimmos(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2015
linohlex:
pls fellow nairalands is this online sales store (awoofmobiles.com) real. i have this feeling that i have been fraud by the managers of this sales store, your adevice needed. I ordered a device from this online store at the rate of 20k on 24 march of last month. And was told is paid b4 delivery and no extra currier charge attached. After initial payment, i was asked to pay 4k for currier charge.
u paid money b4 delivery? bro are u a nigerian cuz who still fall for such cheap scam in nigeria. my guy ur money don enter water. dont pay dat additional 4k cuz if u do u are adding up to misery.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Fourwinds: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2015
hmmmm. God know d kind person wey I be. internet fraudsters no fit get 5k from me at all. if u like put fine girl picture join d message... na still failure. Once bank send me message I dey entre Okada go dere and we discuss man to man or man to woman. if u wan try am to know if na true., my email dey send ur fake message...u get juju I get get holy spirit. God punish devil wen wan steal from me
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by linohlex: 10:48am On Apr 12, 2015
Slimmos:
u paid money b4 delivery? bro are u a nigerian cuz who still fall for such cheap scam in nigeria. my guy ur money don enter water. dont pay dat additional 4k cuz if u do u are adding up to misery.
bro, i didnt pay the 4k. i informed his bank about it, which happened to be my bank also but no reply from them yet. i dnt want another Nigerian to experience this
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by peedeeasobie(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2015
Cholison:
They hacked my account and took N350,000.00 through an accpunt in Union Bank. I have written countless letters to Union Bank to identify the said account holder but they are shielding him. UNION BANK NIG. PLC is allowing them to use their Bank as platform to swindle innocent nigerians.

Get to a lawyer, he will tell you what to do and they will quickly release your money.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Slimmos(m): 11:06am On Apr 12, 2015
linohlex:
bro, i didnt pay the 4k. i informed his bank about it, which happened to be my bank also but no reply from them yet. i dnt want another Nigerian to experience this
bro d fact is, u hav send d 20k. dey just want dat 20k as a top up to the initial money. The issue of contacting ur bank, pls just it cuz they wont do anytin cuz am very sure dat guy is using fake account details.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by anonym0us: 11:46am On Apr 12, 2015
See mine dey sent

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ethylene: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
When next you see this, just tell them that. Dogs don't eat Dogs grin
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by kendraloops(f): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
me, i.dey send generational curses back to them as reply. me wey still dey find, u wan come collect the small wey i dey manage?

hehen, there's this site jiji.com.ng mehn!! its filled with scammers. you'll see bb passport for #35,000, bbq10 for #20,000, iphone #40,000 etc. I've called a few and one told me to send mtn #1,500 card to him as registration fee before they'll instruct their driver to send the phone to me. i just yimu.

if an offer is too good to be true, then its not true.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2015
Gboliwe:
This one almost got me. Almost in the sense that I had to look at it twice before I was convinced I was set up for a scam.

Came in a couple of minutes ago. This time around, it's with GTB and I have an account with them.
I knew it was fake because my transaction alert doesn't come from GENS. I still tried to follow the link they gave and it redirected me to http://ibank.gtbank.com.cmvingenieria.cl/ibank3/security/

With the cmvinblahblah, I knew it was cloned. I keyed in www.gtbank.com by myself and saw the difference. We should be really alert. These thieves mean serious business.
I received same alert, cos it was almost d same alert I do get for the transaction, I was forced to go to my bank.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by yomalex(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
Provie:
FirstBank is a Plc, not a Ltd. Besides they dont say "Dear Customer"; dey replace Customer with ur real name.
it's actually Firstbank LIMITED
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by odeku457(m): 1:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
englishmart:

Says who? .. dem never carry ya Trf run ni.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
africanman85:
Just the way i was scammed by one Olajumoke Eleboda who they call Cremeanchic on Nairaland. Women are on it now because pple are afraid of men.

what was the nature of the scam?
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by DrMuzoic: 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Just got this but the mail address is careers@ekulogroup.net

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by julybaba(m): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
99.9% of online business is/are scam. There is no virtual way of making money. You must work and sweat.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by pawn89(m): 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
whenever u see any link sent to your inbox regardless of if it is genuine or not, all you need do is to hover your mouse ( don't click, just hover the mouse ) on the link and look at the bottom left of the page to see the real link. If it doesn't match the exact web address then know its a phishing site.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Gboliwe: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
yettybaby112:

I received same alert, cos it was almost d same alert I do get for the transaction, I was forced to go to my bank.

Chai! They just wasted your time. Like someone said, it mentions your name and will not call you a customer.
We should all be observant to very tiny details before we dash the hungry thieves our hardearned money
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by detunj: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nmeri17:
Hi bro smiley. hope today was good?? please stop peddling this yo lies everywhere. do have a nice evening wink

PS: mods please ban this guy angry he always breaks rule 8 &10
cc naijacutee, puskin

**modified
before you attack me for supporting the aforementioned moniker, please note that the plaintiff is on a personal vendetta against the woman he claims scammed him. he is simply out to tarnish her image. He's a broke, frustrated,dumb and lazy airhead. it is in your best interest to disregard his claims
guilty conscience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Betonmarket Alerts - Season 6 / Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.