Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:58 PM

Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly (18092 Views)

JS Hercules Promotes Daniel Amokachi To Technical Director, Poses With Family / Amokachi With His Twins As Babies Vs With Them As Teens Vs With Them As Men / Kalim And Nazim Amokachi Signed By Besiktas, Turkish Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by jobsat34(m): 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
easyelliot:
Brown ideye is in form so I like that he was invited.

I still dont understand why we havent picked a permanent coach yet. If Amokachi is your guy then make him permanent and stop wasting time.

I suggest Pinnick step up and name a coach not named Keshi.

it seems you dont understand the logic.. they are waiting for the election to come by and end.. there plan is to go for a foreign coach but they need govt assurance over his salary.. in the absence of non, they will stick to indigenous coach..
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by jobsat34(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
Emmysteve:
The Nigeria Football Federation have officially released the list of 27 players selected by interim Super Eagles Coach Daniel Amokachi for the two friendly games ahead of the national team against Bolivia and South Africa.

Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); shocked shocked shocked

except for this guy though sad sad sad
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by bastien: 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
[quote author=Samueldo post=31704073][/quote] Hope say u sabi ball
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by depson(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Emmysteve:
The Nigeria Football Federation have officially released the list of 27 players selected by interim Super Eagles Coach Daniel Amokachi for the two friendly games ahead of the national team against Bolivia and South Africa.

Notable absentees in the list includes the duo of Emmanuel Emenike and Efe Ambrose who both are seen as key members of the national team.

As earlier reported by .com , the duo of Brown Ideye and John Ogu have both been handed a recall to the national team

Full list
Goalkeepers:
Vincent Enyeama (Lille OSC,
France)

Theophilus Afelokhai (Kano Pillars)

Chidiebere Eze (Ifeanyi Ubah United)

Defenders:
Chima Akas (Sharks FC);

Godfrey Oboabona (Rizespor FC, Turkey);

Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves);

Nelson Ogbonnaya (Heartland FC)

Kenneth Omeruo (Middlesbrough FC,
England);

Akeem Latifu (Aalesunds FC, Norway)

Leon Balogun (Darmstadt 98, Germany)

Midfielders:
Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy);

Steven Ukoh (Biel-Bienne FC, Switzerland);

Omatsone Aluko (Hull City, England);

Joseph Nathaniel (Sharks FC)

Kingsley Sokari (Enyimba FC

Hope Akpan (Reading FC, England);

John Ogu (Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Israel);

Babatunde Michael (Volyn Lutsk, Ukraine);

Forwards:
Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia);

Aaron Samuel (Guangzhou R&F, China);

Brown Ideye (West Brom, England);

Odion Ighalo (Watford FC, England);

Anthony Ujah (FC Cologne, Germany);

Moses Simon (KAA Gent, Belgium);

Ubong Moses (Kano Pillars);

Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves);

Mfon Udoh (Enyimba FC);

Standby -
Victor Moses (Stoke City, England)

www..com/news/1567/breaking-news-amokachi-picks-27-players-for-bolivia-south-africa-friendly
Where is cheshit Mikel?
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by joxxy01(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
Yakubu Aiyegbeni and kalu uche are doin well in their respective club side. Y not give them a call up since the list is based on current form?
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by isan(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
like i said you can still be saved. At least ur madness is still indoor
u are too dull for my liking I stand on my word...yur brain nid to be format
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by isan(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
joxxy01:
Yakubu Aiyegbeni and kalu uche are doin well in their respective club side. Y not give them a call up since the list is based on current form?
yakubu abi wetin u talk?

1 Like

Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Samueldo(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
bastien:
Hope say u sabi ball

Omerua is a beter defender than Egwuekwe in the national team. FACT
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Great list from coach Daniel amokachi, it is a right sstep in the right direction.
Here is my analysis on the team list..
Looking at the goal keeping department, the non inclusion of Ejide and Agbim is welcome. They have lost form and should be replaced. We need to look for goal tender to replace Enyeama when he retired. They should have been replaced long ago, keshi was blind to see, he was unjust and sentimental.. I see the likes of Enaholo and Alampasu succeeding as good replacement for Enyeama..
Looking at the defence, Ambrose should have been dropped long ago before now. He is amongst the singular reason we failed to qualify for Afcon 2015. Unfit Echiejele is a culprit also.. I don't know why Egweuke is still in the list. He lacks positional play, to slow and clumsy for a defender.. Leun balogun can give us a better option in centre back and right back.. Balogun is very swift, and can attack with decent crosses..
In CDM, I will choose hope akpan ahead of onazi, don't ask me why. Aluko and Michael Babatunde will complete the park in midfield for me..
In attack, Musa and Simon Moses will lead the flanks. Let us see what a Nigeria CR7, Simon moses has to offer us. Ideye Brown has found his feet, he is red hot. We have seen his exploit in the EPL with West Bromwich.. Odion Ighalo of Watford and Ujah are also in top form..
We all know the abilities of Victor Moses. Let us see what the new guys can offer us.. The likes of Iheanacho, Mikel, Yahaya are injured..
The team list is 90% fairly good.. It has addressed some grievances of football loving Nigerians..

Keshi has been sentimental all this while, he didn't select players based on present form but one moment of magical wonder. Just like the acrobatic kick that got Barthlomew Ogbeche in a place in the world cup in 2002..
Players like Agbim that will never make 10th position in the NPL getting a call to the super Eagles.. Ejide who parried a ball into his own net both made it to the world cup.. Smhh for Keshi...

That's my own humble submission...
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by 2pence(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
For those of us asking where is Mikel Obi - John Obi Mikel has not fully recovered from a knee complaint. And to set the record straight John still is a big plus to the Super Eagles. That man still got a big role to play in our National Team.

1 Like

Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Rajosh(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Bonapart:
The list is irritating. Where is Iheanacho and musa yahaya. Going in a circle is wat super eagles no best
What an irritating question. don't You know they're both injured and that's why they're not even with the U20 team?
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by docconceptscom: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
OYA NA

Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by bastien: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
Samueldo:

Omerua is a beter defender than Egwuekwe in the national team. FACT
i play pass Omeruo FACT
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by daveP(m): 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
For those calling Iheanacho, he isnt fit 100percent and its not now that we really need his services @ the U20 world cup that we would wana call him for some friendly.

And please, i think players from the german league should be given the DMF roles in our team.

Reason being that they are tactiful , stay in postion when opponents attack(its the german style and it becomes part of an foreign players blood, cos its simply fantastic), and surprisingly shoot at goal when everyone thinks they are not there.

Welcome back Ideye. He seems to be watching a lot on Van Persie's positioning during attack, thus his latest goal last week with a diving header.

Bolivia are very strong on the ball(ask brazil that tried to avoid injuries by playing safe). But lets equally prove we can get physical than them if needs be.

Cc: Cfcfan, Havilah93, Afrok
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by bqlekan(m): 2:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
And i didnt make that list sha.. i wil someday play 4 the super eagles.. grin
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by AOB1963: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
This list has Keshi's fingerprint all over it. Between him and Amokachi, they have decided on the tactics they will employ against Bolivia and South Africa. This is why slow wing backs like Ambrose and Echejile are out. They are also relying on the local boys to fill in those places to prepare them for the forth coming CHAN Qualifiers.
I am surprised people are still talking about foreign coach for Nigeria. For 33 years now Ghana has used all shades and kinds of foreign coaches yet they have not been able to win the AFCON. Even with the great tactician Avram Grant they still could not win it this year. No trophy for Ghana in 33 years with all the great footballers - Yeboah, Abedi Pele, Essien, Asamoah, etc. Even the U20 world cup win by Ghana was with a local coach. Since Westerhof all the foreign coaches Nigeria have engaged contributed nothing, zero, to Nigerian football. Even South Africa is sticking with their local coaches.
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by ybalogs(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
We need to confirm our head coach ASAP.Anybody is OK by me so far it's not Keshi.He has tried and I'm wishing him the very best in his career but he's not good for us.Victor Moses should be in the main squad not the standby.all in all,these are relatively unknown players so let's give them the benefit of doubt.
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Frankiedu(m): 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
Samueldo:
The list is fair as long as their is no Mikel, Agbim, Salami, ambrose and rouben

What the hell is Egwekwe still doing in that team? Don't we have beter defenders?

Victor Moses should be in the major list not standby the boy is in form now

But please where is Oshanuwa and echeijile? Hope we have a good home base player to replace them.
The Inclussion of Simon Moses Omatsone Aluko, Brown Ideye,Ujah and Micheal Babatunde is welcomed. They are all inform right now hope they perform well this timearound

As for the Homebased I love that guy Ubong of Kano pillers and that Eyimba striker, let see what they have to offer
As for Mikel he's nursing an injury.Moses is also sidelined with a minor injury.Hopefully he'll return before the said date for the friendly.That's why he's on standby.
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Icon4s(m): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2015
Folks we still need Echiejile and Ambrose in that defence. You cant rule out d place of experience especially in the defence.
I also feel Mikel is still needed in that team. He might nt be a starter though.

Well I believe Amokachi wants to try out some new possible inclusions. Cos u cant tell me a player like Sokari of Enyimba is better than Mikel. Abi no b those useless home based club players them wey Flying Eagles been wallup?
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Akan(m): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
Am seeing plenty of my Akwa Ibom brothers in this team. We are def winning against the Bolivians and Southies
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Ajibel(m): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Icon4s:

Well I believe Amokachi wants to try out some new possible inclusions. Cos u cant tell me a player like Sokari of Enyimba is better than Mikel. Abi no b those useless home based club players them wey Flying Eagles been wallup?

Silly, what do you know about the league? Did Sokari play in that game that Flying Eagles won?
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
That IFEANYI guy playing in the middle of the pack for the u20 plays ptofessionally...

I hope to LATER see him and the likes of iheanacho,yahaya,awoniyi and musa in the SE squad
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by easyelliot(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
jobsat34:

it seems you dont understand the logic.. they are waiting for the election to come by and end.. there plan is to go for a foreign coach but they need govt assurance over his salary.. in the absence of non, they will stick to indigenous coach..

So that makes it ok. So if the election gets postponed again does that mean they still will not name a coach? Why are they playing friendlies then?

Pinnick o Pinnick...
Running around to visit Arsenal and Fifa hq when u haven't even picked a coach. Organizing friendlies that neither are impactful or reasonable when........U HAVENT PICKED A COACH YET.

P.S. Bolivia have cancelled per numerous sources....
Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by Havilah93(m): 5:52am On Mar 19, 2015
daveP:
For those calling Iheanacho, he isnt fit 100percent and its not now that we really need his services @ the U20 world cup that we would wana call him for some friendly.

And please, i think players from the german league should be given the DMF roles in our team.

Reason being that they are tactiful , stay in postion when opponents attack(its the german style and it becomes part of an foreign players blood, cos its simply fantastic), and surprisingly shoot at goal when everyone thinks they are not there.

Welcome back Ideye. He seems to be watching a lot on Van Persie's positioning during attack, thus his latest goal last week with a diving header.

Bolivia are very strong on the ball(ask Brazilians that tried to avoid injuries by playing safe). But lets equally prove we can get physical than them if needs be.

Cc: Cfcfan, Havilah93, Afrok

I believe we can still get it right in Nigerian football. We have way too many talented players ready to dorn the green-white-green when invited.

I also want to emphasize on dedication or the lack of it thereof. It baffles me to see how a player feels so unconcerned when playing for his own country.

Let us invite the best legs we have - those who are hungry and have the passíõn, like Monsieur Wenger will say, and I believe that we will get it right again.

2 Likes

Re: Amokachi Picks 27 Players For Bolivia, South Africa Friendly by daveP(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Havilah93:

I believe we can still get it right in Nigerian football. We have way too many talented players ready to dorn the green-white-green when invited.

I also want to emphasize on dedication or the lack of it thereof. It baffles me to see how a player feels so unconcerned when playing for his own country.

Let us invite the best legs we have - those who are hungry and have the passíõn, like Monsieur Wenger will say, and I believe that we will get it right again.
since the days of Westerhof, i think its only two coaches that had been employed so far that kinda scared these kind of IDGAD attitude. Siasia and Keshi(they couldnt keep tempo long though). I know it looks odd, but if getting Old Westerhof back would bring back that sacred loyalty long lost since the days of Rigobert Song, then im in support. All these guys forming I play in a big club were babies when Westerhof was coach.(the same for Keshi's too, that's why they propped up when he was appointed).

I dont really like the way NFF insist on foreign coaches, but if Westerhof is called back. Even if Osaze rants on twitter, or Enyeama fumes via the press, i wont believe they are right. Westerhof's honour vs theirs. I think that's one ace NFF can play now(even though they've equally ruined the team via ultimate selection) we badly need a pattern of play also(we rely on chances too too much, thus we become clueless when the opposing team are closed up)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Derby County Signs Ashley Cole (Photos) / Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 / Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.