Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread (314443 Views)

Osun State University (UNIOSUN) In Pictures / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2016/2017 Post UTME /admission Thread / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by dgreat1288(m): 12:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Re yu rily sure dat d putme form will b awt 2dae,cuz many pple sae tz gonna commence on late August
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has urged the 2015 UTME candidates to check its website on Monday, August 3, for the list of universities they have been redistributed to.
Speaking with Vanguard Sunday, the Head of JAMB, Lagos, Dr. Beatrice Okorie said: “The 2015 UTME candidates are to check JAMB’s website on Monday, August 3, for the list and the universities they have been redistributed to.”
Okorie, who lamented the controversy that greeted the new admission policy explained that the efforts were only geared towards helping candidates of oversubscribed institutions gain admission to other federal or state universities rather than wasting their scores.
“If we have not done that, many of these candidates would have fallen prey of the universities’ money-making machine, that is, the post-UTME without securing admission even with their high scores,” she added.
Using the University of Lagos as an example, she noted that its carrying capacities cannot accommodate more than 5,000 students, and yet has about 32,000 candidates struggling for the slots.
She said: “What we have done is to look at those who have not met with the cut-off points of UNILAG based on merit, catchment areas and the educationally less disadvantaged areas, but who have chances of securing admission in other federal and state universities and push them there to write post-UTME tests.”
Okorie, who slammed universities that are using the post UTME to make money, reiterated JAMB’s commitment to helping candidates secure admission without stress.
According to her, what is the essence of post-UTME being conducted on English, Mathematics and general papers? They are fraudulent and that is what the stakeholders have stepped in to address.”
On UNILAG, she queried the rationale behind its decision to conduct test on Mathematics for students seeking admission in subjects not related to Mathematics such as Religious Studies, History, Dramatic Arts, among others.
Meanwhile, the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN on Saturday has placed its cut-off mark above 230 as students who scored 230 were not short-listed for post-UTME.
Our source said: “The Post-UTME details which came out on Saturday at UNN affected many students who scored over 200 in their UTME, even those who scored 230 in UTME were not short-listed for post-UTME in UNN, suggesting that their cut-off Mark is above 230. ‘’However, no official cut-off has been announced.’’

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/jamb-urges-candidates-to-check-website-for-redistribution/
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by otunbakplu(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2015
Vakinmuyiwa:
Dear UNIOSUN aspirants,
Uniosun Admission 2015/2016
Modalities of Admission
- UTME = 50%
- CBT = 40%
- Oral = 10%
Advertisement for post UTME will be
published on monday 27, July, 2015
Post UTME test will be conducted in 2wks
after.
ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

Confirmed...
thanks dude,i owe u one.
for candidate of faculty of agriculture (animal sci,agric econs,fisheries&wild-life management ,agronomy)
Contact oyekunle a.k.a (100L general class-rep) on 08051951008 for any information,question&accomodation during & after p-utme.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Husseinat19(f): 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2015
D post utme is out on d skul website,u can visit it 4 more info
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
Notice is hereby given that the 2015 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening exercise will hold from T uesday 11th to Friday 14th August 2015 at 9am - 5pm for candidates who chose Osun State University as their First choice, with a minimum score of 180. However, candidates that scored less than 200 would not be considered for admission into any of the underlisted programmes: Accounting Economics Business Administration Political Science Nursing Law Also, candidates that are interested in the following programmes but did not choose UNIOSUN can apply: Public Health, Physiology, Guidance and Counseling, Educational Management, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Zoology, Fisheries, Wildlife Management , and Mathematics. SPECIAL NOTICE: The University is not admitting candidates for MBBS (Medicine) programme for the 2015/2016 academic session. Candidates for the MBBS programme may wish to change to any of the programmes in the University for which they are qualified or apply for a change of institution to other Universities. COMPLETION OF APPLICATION FORMS Candidates are to register on-line by accessing the University website: http:// www.uniosun.edu.ng or the Post UTME portal at http://postutme.uniosun.edu.ng to complete and submit an application. They are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after submission. One of these two copies should be brought along together with a copy of the candidate’s UTME score print-out on the day of the screening exercise. The second copy is to be submitted upon admission to the University. DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES Direct Entry candidates should complete the form on-line following the same process as above and report on the screening day. They are also expected to forward their Academic Transcript to the Registrar of Osun State University. SCREENING CENTRES All candidates (UTME and Direct Entry) are to report for screening at the date and centres indicated on their online registration printout. Candidates must report at least one hour before the commencement of the exercise. Candidates should also note that the screening exercise is to be Computer Based Testing (CBT), as well as Oral Interview. ACCESS TO THE REGISTRATION PORTAL Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via http:// www.uniosun.edu.ng or http:// postutme.uniosun.edu.ng. This will take you to the online Application Platform. Ensure you read all registration guidelines and instructions before proceeding to register. Payment of five thousand naira (N5, 000.00) for the Post UTME online Application is through the UNIOSUN WebPAY platform using Interswitch enabled Debit/ATM cards (MasterCard and Verve). NOTE: On-line registration facilities are available at the Computer Laboratories in all the campuses for a token fee for candidates. CLOSING DATE: Submission of forms closes at 12.00 noon on Monday 10th August, 2015.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
You can also pick up Guardian newspaper for today to read the advertisement.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by shayeezlant: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
plesae who has been able to register, its telling me my reg num was not among the student that pick uniosun as first choice both Direct Entry and Utme.... Please some 1 should help oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Gitt: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2015
Please wil the exercise only take place at osogbo campus only
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by shayeezlant: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
have you registered yours??
Gitt:
Please wil the exercise only take place at osogbo campus only
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
shayeezlant:
plesae who has been able to register, its telling me my reg num was not among the student that pick uniosun as first choice both Direct Entry and Utme.... Please some 1 should help oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may need to exercise some patience. The form just came out today. Some upgrade on the registration procedure may be ongoing.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by amosyanyan(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2015
Vakinmuyiwa:

You may need to exercise some patience. The form just came out today. Some upgrade on the registration procedure may be ongoing.

Bro abeg to What's your whatsapp cellphone no I wanna ask you some questions
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by samlexxy: 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
fineyemi:
Am not new to uniosun Direct entry procedure. All direct entry aspirants can submit 2 weeks after d day of interview. U can ask any body. I also gained admission through direct entry into uniosun. Many of ma friends submitted 3 weeks after the day of interview and dey gained admission. Its your choice to make. U can either submit before or after. But i do advise aspirant to submit after or on d day of interview to the registrar's office.
bro i am a DE aspirant... how does the oral interview works... nd what is the CBt exam base on
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2015
vakinmuyiwa.. pls what's the CBT and Oral all about?
kindly shine more light about it... thanks
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by KayTosin10(m): 6:29am On Jul 28, 2015
Exercise will take place only at osogbo campus.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by baba2ndey2(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2015
iamdollypee:

d CBT is computer based test. wch means uniosun is not using pencil and paper dis time. u guy shld be prayerfull being d first set dat will use computer, and u all kno how it works for jamb. pertaining to d oral test,I think its just a mere formality. I dont think uniosun has done dat b4... wishing u all best of luck.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by OLoRyEbi(m): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2015
Abt Direct Entry Applicant, are dey also going to do the CBT exercise or the Oral interview only BCUS I heard dat uniosun don't conduct exam for D.E aspirant..
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Juwonmania(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2015
OLoRyEbi:
Abt Direct Entry Applicant, are dey also going to do the CBT exercise or the Oral interview only BCUS I heard dat uniosun don't conduct exam for D.E aspirant..
It's the first time the school is introducing the CBT, just prepare your mind for both..
#peace
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by baba2ndey2(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2015
baba2ndey2:
d CBT is computer based test. wch means uniosun is not using pencil and paper dis time. u guy shld be prayerfull being d first set dat will use computer, and u all kno how it works for jamb. pertaining to d oral test,I think its just a mere formality. I dont think uniosun has done dat b4... wishing u all best of luck.

and as for the oral, it could be for the DE...because dats wot d DE did last year.

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by shayeezlant: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2015
Pls who has registered?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by cyrilaviel: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2015
Notice is hereby given that the 2015 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening exercise will hold from Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th August 2015 at 9am - 5pm for candidates who chose Osun State University as their First choice, with a minimum score of 180.

However, candidates that scored less than 200 would not be considered for admission into any of the underlisted programmes:

Accounting
Economics
Business Administration
Political Science
Nursing
Law

Also, candidates that are interested in the following programmes but did not choose UNIOSUN can apply: Public Health, Physiology, Guidance and Counseling, Educational Management, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Zoology, Fisheries, Wildlife Management , and Mathematics.

SPECIAL NOTICE:
The University is not admitting candidates for MBBS (Medicine) programme for the 2015/2016 academic session. Candidates for the MBBS programme may wish to change to any of the programmes in the University for which they are qualified or apply for a change of institution to other Universities.

COMPLETION OF APPLICATION FORMS

Candidates are to register on-line by accessing the University website: Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or the post-UTME portal http://postutme.uniosun.edu.ng. to complete and submit an application. They are expected to print two (2) copies of the application form after submission. One of these two copies should be brought along together with a copy of the candidate’s UTME Original Result Slip with passport photograph on it. If you do not have this document, click here to get yours score print-out on the day of the screening exercise. The second copy is to be submitted upon admission to the University.

DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
Direct Entry candidates should complete the form on-line following the same process as above and report on the screening day. They are also expected to forward their Academic Transcript to the Registrar of Osun State University.

SCREENING CENTRES
All candidates (UTME and Direct Entry) are to report for screening at the date and centres indicated on their online registration printout. Candidates must report at least one hour before the commencement of the exercise. Candidates should also note that the screening exercise is to be Computer Based Testing (CBT), as well as Oral Interview.

ACCESS TO THE REGISTRATION PORTAL

Visit the Uniosun Post UTME Portal via http://www.uniosun.edu.ng or http://postutme.uniosun.edu.ng. This will take you to the online Application Platform. Ensure you read all registration guidelines and instructions before proceeding to register.
Payment of five thousand naira (N5, 000.00) for the Post UTME online Application is through the UNIOSUN WebPAY platform using Interswitch enabled Debit/ATM cards (MasterCard and Verve).

NOTE: On-line registration facilities are available at the Computer Laboratories in all the campuses for a token fee for candidates.

CLOSING DATE: Submission of forms closes at 12.00 noon on Monday 10th August, 2015.

G.A.A. Shittu
Ag. Registrar

Contact CYRIL 07065244581 for any info....
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by michoa(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2015
guyz tanx for the infos....thumbs up for you guyz. Pls I need ur help concerning the past questions(science) pls help. wole.olufemi@yahoo.com is my mail add 08035479276 whatsapp. Tanx in anticipation.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
iamdollypee:

Expect little modifications in the questions. In other words, it may look a bit different from previous years questions. Questions from your subject combination will be included. There is nothing much about the Computer based test, so far you're used to the UTME CBT, this one won't be an exception. I recommend what Okeke said earlier that you prepare (read) well for the exam, admission will not be business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
baba2ndey2:

and as for the oral, it could be for the DE...because dats wot d DE did last year.
Oral interview is meant for UTME candidates too. It carries 10%.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by otunbakplu(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2015
pls,pls&pls..

I would highly recommend it, if u can go to any of the school campus to do/complete ur p-utme registration. to avoid any f*ck-up.......and it will also help to familiarise with the school environment. thanks I REP COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE. (animal sci, Agriculture Econs, Wild-life management, fisheries, agronomy).

Oni-Oyekunle.J
(08051951008)-pls call or text only. (NO FLASHING PLS o)

and wish we stalites success in our ongoing examination,
it's another thing to pass Jamb,Get Admission & to maintain GP.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by shayeezlant: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pls why is this JAMB new foolish policy affecting UNIOSUN TOO, people with great scores.
I v been trying to logon for my REG both D.E and UTME All v been getting is my reg num is not part of those who choosed osun as first choice... WHICH IS A BIG LIE!! Pls Young Nigerian pioneers! Tomorrows leader....... join in creating the move for this change!!! why would JAMB decide for us......... please help the cry of every human of this country! #MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE where are thou @ #NO TO DIBU'S POLICY

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by shayeezlant: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pls why is this JAMB new foolish policy affecting UNIOSUN TOO, people with great scores.
I v been trying to logon for my REG both D.E and UTME All v been getting is my reg num is not part of those who choosed osun as first choice... WHICH IS A BIG LIE!! Pls Young Nigerian pioneers! Tomorrows leader....... join in creating the move for this change!!! why would JAMB decide for us......... please help the cry of every human of this country! #MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE where are thou @ #NO TO DIBU'S POLICY
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by fineyemi(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Any pre degree student here

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread by IamOlayinka(m): 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thank God uniosun no fall my hand like lautech

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (125) (Reply)

A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.