Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov (4017 Views)

Governor Udom Leaves After Collapse Of Reigners Bible Church Building. PICS / Rivers State Parades Hundreds Of Guns Recovered From Militants / Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by maclatunji: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
The entire Yoruba nation, the Igbo nation, the Southern Minorities, the Arewa nation, and the entire northern minorities will return Jonathan to office.

#NoToViolence

Really? I don't think you realise how people are against the man.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by henryangelo: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2015
APC is lossing it and Buhari is close to committing suicide

1 Like

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2015
maclatunji:

Really? I don't think you realise how people are against the man.
Apart from the APC, Boko Haram and few enemies of the state, I don't see people that are against GEJ. While some may not buy some of his policies, we still see lots of positives in his administration, his person and his "New" PDP. The insincerity and undemocratic acts of the opposition APC means a BIG NO to Buhari. The APC apologists that have vowed never to see anything good in the administration are in the minority. Next Saturday will vindicate us!

Good evening boss

1 Like

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Jesusloveyou: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2015
brownlord:
We see same here everyday under a progressive governor, does that connotes the end of oshiomole?

I repeat, everything PDP is doing APC has either done or are planning to do.

APC have no moral right to accuse PDP over anything. If from a different party I can understand, not ACN/APC
it was pdp thugs with police that chase apc lawmakers from state house of assembly complex, d same happen in river state. Pdp with thugs, saTANiod=violent.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by brownlord: 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
it was pdp thugs with police that chase apc lawmakers from state house of assembly complex, d same happen in river state. Pdp with thugs, saTANiod=violent.

You know nothing
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by omenka(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Now you should understand that Jonathan you have been supporting is promoting violence to remain in power at all cost. There is no one behind this act of treason other than Jonathan. Police and soldiers were there and did nothing. This is the same thing he did in North-east while believing it can decimate Buhari votes in the North but Jonathan was wrong.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Oklander: 7:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
When MEND endorsed Buhari, the APC danced skelewu. Now OPC and their entire members endorsed Jonathan, the APC resumed their whinning. The procession was peaceful. Nobody was hurt, no property was attacked and no one was killed. Why their tears? I want to see how APC will win Yorubaland when the odds are against them.

Afenifere- Jonathan
Ladoja/Accord- Jonathan
Falae/Osoba/SDP- Jonathan
Labour/Akala- Jonathan
OPC/Adams and Fasheun- Jonathan
PDM in SW- Jonathan
SW people- Jonathan.

Ride on GEJ....>>>2019

Smh... When MEND endorsed Buhari, did you see them on the street the following day vandalizing and destroying pdp posters? Because of how I regard you, I have tried avoiding your lane since the drama of your decamp, now that you are on the other side, you should at least try to be sincere to yourself. Once in a while perhaps.

1 Like

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Jesusloveyou: 7:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Firefire:

No be fight naa,

OPC declaring for whoever they like could not amount to you pointing accusing fingers at GEJ. GEJ is a meek man.

If you cares to know, GEJ remains the only option for Nigeria at the moment.

Say no to Violence, both online and offline.
gej is slow poison,green snake in green grass,he is killing us softly,such person is wicked, deceiver is not good for us,sai buhari is d man.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oklander:

Smh... When MEND endorsed Buhari, did you see them on the street the following day vandalizing and destroying pdp posters? Because of how I regard you, I have tried avoiding your lane since the drama of your decamp, now that you are on the other side, you should at least try to be sincere to yourself. Once in a while perhaps.
Uncle, OPC's procession was peaceful. Nobody was attacked and no poster was torn. We need to be sincere with ourselves. I have never endorsed politics of violence and I will never do.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Firefire(m): 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
gej is slow poison,green snake in green grass,he is killing us softly,such person is wicked, deceiver is not good for us,sai buhari is d man.

Jesus Loves you.

GEJ admires the Grace of God upon you.

GEJ till 2019.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
brownlord:

You know nothing
guy you just de attack me anyhow. I de watch you o angry
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by DaBullIT(m): 7:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
Uncle, OPC's procession was peaceful. Nobody was attacked and no poster was torn. We need to be sincere with ourselves. I have never endorsed politics of violence and I will never do.

Taaaaaaa! Stop lying
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 17, 2015
DaBullIT:

Taaaaaaa! Stop lying
na your poster dem tear abi?
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by ibedun: 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2015
Concerned Nigerians my foot.

Full of flat heads.

Fashola please do the needful and carry out another round of deportation jor.

Sure FFk will concur to that decision.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
brownlord:
We see same here everyday under a progressive governor, does that connotes the end of oshiomole?

I repeat, everything PDP is doing APC has either done or are planning to do.

APC have no moral right to accuse PDP over anything. If from a different party I can understand, not ACN/APC
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Oklander: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
https://www.nairaland.com/2198791/thugs-destroy-apc-political-banners

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by vedaxcool(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
It seems jonathan and his allies want to resort to violence in order to win the upcoming elections, if this evil plan is their aim, God wrath shall surely consume them many times over!

1 Like

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by luvinhubby(m): 7:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
maclatunji:
PARADES OF GUNS , CUTLASSES BY OPC
IN LAGOS CONNOTES THE COLLAPSED
OF JONATHAN'S GOVERNMENT

We watched with utter dismay and fears the parade by the Odua People's Congress (OPC) bearing guns and other assault weapons on Lagos roads on Monday morning the 16th instant. In tow with them were Nigeria Police officers and Jonathan campaigners.

The awful scenery was a clear display of treason against the state and a clear breach of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria objections to the bearing of dangerous weapons by strange men not known to our laws.

The confidence exhibited by the militias connotes the collapsed of a lawful government in administration and may further weakened the state security agencies resolved to eradicating crimes.

We viewed with deeper worry still on their calls for the sack of Professor Atahiru Jega the INEC chairman and their further demand for the abrogation of card readers and Permanent Voters Cards as satanic.

All over the world, smart cards are accompanied by their card readers and therefore the permanent voters cards can't be an exception to the rules. As a matter of fact,nothing can be done now to change the rules except the Presidency intended to provoked prolonged crisis that may cut short our democratic journey.

We call on leaders who are still reasonable to call president Dr Goodluck Jonathan to order to stem brigands and not take Nigerians and Nigeria into the most dangerous route. Opposition leaders and of course Gen Mohammadu Buhari must be vigilant not to be assassinated in these ominous times because the signs are there and more so with the constant mentioning of trained Snipers from Belarus.

For : Yoruba Ronu Leadership Forum

Signed

Akin Malaolu
Sec- General

Source:https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12gihxpmrqbfxgmq222xdewcuibjrw5h04?cbp=1awh40phj7ehp&sview=2&cid=5&soc-app=115&soc-platform=1&at=wh&spath=%2Fapp%2Fbasic%2Fstream

Mr. Latunji,
Pls what was your submission when APC thugs not only brandished dangerous weapons, but used same to set ablaze 16(sixteen) luxurious buses belonging to Chisco transport.
I do not support violence, i stand for PEACE & condemn OPC if they brandished any weapon at all in their protests, but why the conspiracy of silence when done by APC thugs & a sudden surge of outcry if done by PDP thugs.

One word, hypcrisy.
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oklander:
https://www.nairaland.com/2198791/thugs-destroy-apc-political-banners
And what makes you think Þhat they are OPC? What makes you think that APC thugs are not responsible so as to gain sympathy?

1 Like

Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by angelsing(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
And what makes you think Þhat they are OPC? What makes you think that APC thugs are not responsible so as to gain sympathy?
hahahahahaha..nawa oooo
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by anonimi: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
when APC thugs burnt down chisco buses this hypocritical OP did not complain

He was on sabattical leave from his complaint duties then grin cheesy
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by iamrealdeji(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
The Otuakean has started the violence already,Buhari's wife Aisha was attacked at Ilorin yesterday when she was returning from Emir's palace,with 10 vehicles on her convoy destroyed
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by Oklander: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
barcanista:
smh...
Re: Parades Of Guns , Cutlasses By Opc In Lagos Connotes Collapse Of Jonathan's Gov by DaBullIT(m): 6:25am On Mar 18, 2015
barcanista:
na your poster dem tear abi?

The Gani Adams’ faction of the OPC, accompanied by members of the Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Organization, took to the streets in Lagos to demand the removal of the INEC boss ahead of the March 28 general elections.

Mr. Adams said the rally was not partisan, but a call for Mr. Jega to be removed from office.

“What we protested for was the removal of Jega over the poor distribution of PVCs in the south, registration of underage in the north and creation of additional 30,000 polling units in the north,” Mr. Adams told PREMIUM TIMES after the protest.

The OPC members, armed with guns, pocket-knives, machetes, and charms marched from the Lagos-Ibadan expressway through Ikorodu road chanting anti-Jega songs.

Some of protesters harassed motorists and passers-by while others vandalized campaign posters of political parties, particularly those of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Last Friday, the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, held similar protests across the South Eastern states of Anambra, Enugu, and Ebonyi where they accused Mr. Jega of incompetence.

On Sunday, the APC claimed it had uncovered a plot by the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, to use ethnic militias to protest for the removal of Mr. Jega.

But Mr. Adams accused the APC and Lai Mohammed, its National Publicity Secretary, of peddling falsehood, adding that Monday’s protest was peaceful.

“Nobody was attacked. Lai Muhammed should stop peddling lies against our members,” Mr. Adams said.

“Nobody touched their bill boards. It’s the most peaceful rally I have seen. Even they, APC, cannot hold a peaceful as successful rally ‎as that. As a matter of fact, over 30 Nollywood stars took part in the rally including myself.”

“Against Yoruba interest”

Another faction of the OPC responded swiftly and angrily on Monday, accusing Mr. Adams of betraying the group and the Yoruba people.

“We, the members of the National Coordinating Council of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, the highest ruling body of the organization, wish to disassociate ourselves from the shameful, destructive, violent and reactionary activities of the Gani Adam-led team which occurred in Lagos today,” the group said in a statement.

“What was witnessed today in Lagos was the highest level of political violence sponsored and funded by certain elements in the Jonathan government.

“Gani Adams is on his own and does not enjoy the support of a large size of our membership spread across the country. He is working for the sponsors of violence against our people who want the March 28 elections not to hold. Unleashing terror on innocent citizens and killing them is not the way of democracy. It is not our idea of a people-oriented advocacy.”

In 2013, the Mr. Adams-led faction of the OPC secured a lucrative contract from the federal government to secure crude oil pipelines in the South West.

At the time, Mr. Adams justified the contract by claiming that President Jonathan had also awarded similar contracts to Niger Delta militants and that the OPC deserved its share.

“For a group that has been doing a lot of things for the society free of charge, it is not too much to apply for a security job,” Mr. Adams had said.

Monday’s meeting of the OPC faction was attended by Shina Akinpelu, Monsuru Akande, Sunday Adebayo, Kilanko Oladipupo, Kehinde Ogunyale, and Gbenga Eegunlusi.

In its statement, the faction accused Mr. Adams of being on “dubious project” and using the pipeline contract from the government as an excuse to recruit people to work for Mr. Jonathan and PDP in the South West.

“Gani Adams is acting against Yoruba interest. The compromises he has made amounts to selling the Yoruba to the present government for a piece of Pipeline contract to line his pockets,” the group said.

“OPC is not about pipeline contracts or any other contracts for that matter. The Yoruba interest is beyond contracts. We seek justice and fairness from the current government.”

The group called on Yoruba sons and daughters to join them in condemning Mr. Adams and his “anti-democratic tendencies.”

“We must renounce him and remind him he cannot sell the Yoruba race to Jonathan and PDP on the cheap. He also has no authority to speak on behalf of the Yoruba people,” they said.

“We pity those who rely on him to win votes. They will be sorely disappointed. Their investment is a bad one already. We reject today and always any attempt to use our organization and its members for narrow and selfish partisan purposes.

“We must remind them that the Yoruba people cannot be hoodwinked by sweeteners. No one should expect them to kow tow to an individual who is a Lilliputian in the political development and history of the Yoruba nation.”

While renouncing Mr. Adams and his activities, the group also renounced other Yoruba sons and daughters who are playing roles inimical to the welfare and interest of the South West.

“We call on our people to be vigilant politically at this time. Nigeria needs a new leadership, a new direction and a country that works

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/17/opc-factions-clash-after-anti-jega-protest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu / Buhari Medical Tourism : Is The North Planning Something Sinister? / Buhari In Penîs Transplant Surgery Graphic Footage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.