Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,949 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:12 AM

Challenges Of A Single Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges Of A Single Mother (21394 Views)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child / Single Mother Looking For Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by CrazyMan(m): 1:32am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
Our society frown so much at single mothers. People see them as irresponsible girl(s) that "God decided to expose". You introduce your child, the next question is "so you are married", or "thought you are single". You confirm that you are single, the next respond is "oh" or they make one funny face.
But in truth, our only crime was to say NO to ABORTION.
There is no shame in being a single parent. So focus on the fact that you are lucky to have been blessed with a child. Surround yourself with people who can support you and help boost your confidence. If you spend your whole live your life thinking about the negative things people are saying about you, believe me, you'll end up worse than a psychiatric patient.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by cococandy(f): 6:11am On Mar 18, 2015
Having a child outside wedlock makes a lady a single mom but What does having a child ouside wedlock make a man?
Not a single dad?

For every single mom out there, there's a man who's supposed to be the father of the child but decided not to.
To our hypocritical brethren, deciding to run away from your responsibilities makes you a better person than your partner who chose to woman up and bear your own half of the consequences I guess.

If that is not retarded, I don't know what is.

And pls spare us the lame excuse of not being ready to be a father. If you're having sex,you're can be a parent at any time as long as you're not shooting blanks. Protection or not. Sorry that's true. Protection fails sometimes as we all know. Just know it can happen.

So if that happens, well you may not be forced to become a parent to that child, but you can do us a favor and stuff your hypocrisy and judgmental bullsh1tt where the sun don't shine.

you cannot be better than some one who's guilty of the same sin as you but chose to face the music when the result came than run.

[size=18pt]this is for anyone who has ever had sex outside of marriage but for some inexplicable reason has superiority complex towards folks who got pregnant outside of wedlock [/size]

#tiredofhearingstupidtalkaboutsinglemoms.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by cococandy(f): 6:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Actually watching Tyler Perry's single mom clubs at the moment. How coincidental cheesy
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 18, 2015
cococandy:
Having a child outside wedlock makes a lady a single mom but What does having a child ousted wedlock make a man?
Not a single dad?

Not that simple mama, being a single mum or single dad is a matter of choice, the woman chose to be a single mum, the man chose to walk away

For every single mom out there, there's a man who's supposed to be the father of the child but decided not to.
To our hypocritical brethren, deciding to run away from your responsibilities makes you a better person than your partner who chose to woman up and bear your own half of the consequences I guess.

Yeah, the man decided not to, the woman cchose to, why blame the man then...
It's a responsibility the man is not ready to shoulder as of yet but the woman foolishly decided to carry on even though she was not ready to bear the cost... It's irresponsible to make a choice for which one is not prepared and more irresponsible to complain later..

If that is not retarded, I don't know what is.

Birthing a child at home without the father's consent is actually the retarded thing, complaining about it is preposterous, it's like swimming in mud and asking why pple say ur dirty...

And pls spare us the lame excuse of not being ready to be a father. If you're having sex,you're can be a parent at any time as long as you're not shooting blanks. Protection or not. Sorry that's true. Protection fails sometimes as we all know. Just know it can happen.

Sex is a recreational activity for some of us as it was for you when you were single, why didn't you get pregnant? tongue protection fails nd that is why counter measures exist... In this day and age, only ignorant pple gget pregnant, others do so deliberately with the hope of tying down a Niccur... Problem is, most niccurs are not ready to stay down.. mind you, even in cases where the man accepts the child but refuses to marry the lady, she still gets looked at withh disdain..
You know why, women hold all the cards as far as sex is concerned, if a woman does not spread her legs, nothing goes on in between.. Also, only a woman can decide whether to keep the baby or do something about her missing period.... dat na why..

So if that happens, well you may not be
forced to become a parent to that child, but you can do us a favor and stuff your hypocrisy and judgmental bullsh1tt where the sun don't shine.

The man is not the one doing the judgement, society is...
you cannot be better than some one who's guilty of the same sin as you but chose to face the music when the result came than run.

You can, actually, one is only penalized when they get caught not simply because they did something wrong, while bothh are guilty of the same crime, the difference is that the latter is smarter than the former... the latter is better than the former because the latter swam that river unscathed while the former got drowned.. Big difference

[size=18pt]this is for anyone who has ever had sex outside of marriage but for some inexplicable reason has superiority complex towards folks who got pregnant outside of wedlock [/size]

#tiredofhearingstupidtalkaboutsinglemoms.

As above, so below cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 18, 2015
GOODMORNING..
In MEDICAL PRACTICE,
DOCTORS will always prefer and say good about a LADY who has a CHILD or CHILDREN , compared to a MATURED SINGLE LADY with no KIDS.

BECAUSE getting PREGNANT ALONE , solves
5 debilitating AILMENTS suffered mostly by MATURED SINGLE LADIES without KIDS.

Most Good DOCTORS will always tell U , to keep a pregnancy especially when you are MATURED and have a JOB

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by pretydiva(f): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here.

Saying NO to abortion isn't their crime.

Their crime is fornication and unprotected sex.
true talk
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by cococandy(f): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here.

It is nice to know that there are young men such as this one who still keep their Virginity and say no the sin of fornication.
You're an example.
Pls keep it up and don't let any woman no matter how pretty tempt you into the crime of fornication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by flowjoe: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Single moms deserve the highest honor
#proudsonofasinglemom

4 Likes

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by wrench: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2015
emperorchedda:
I got love for single mothers. I can even take one to the altar
Bro, Say It Like You Mean It.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by adanduka: 8:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here.

I hope your casting the first stone means you're innocent of the fornication crime.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Romzy007(m): 8:57am On Mar 18, 2015
Respect to all single mothers...
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Donpizzle(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
Our society frown so much at single mothers. People see them as irresponsible girl(s) that "God decided to expose". You introduce your child, the next question is "so you are married", or "thought you are single". You confirm that you are single, the next respond is "oh" or they make one funny face.

NO to ABORTION nd FORNICATION.........
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by ichidodo: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2015
You better stop mopping about and give that child a father figure....else society bears the brunt of his/her deliquencies.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by ireneidiva(f): 9:05am On Mar 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Which most of us.......aren't free of either.
No one is free, including those of us who are naturals at packaging ourselves such that the world sees us as Holy Saint Nwejehsgringringringrin
We all have secrets, stuff we'd do anything to protect....so it doesn't fall within the eye and ear shot of "The Wrong" People.

I am not interested as such in my past.....
Except for reference and healing purposes, I am neither interested in hers nor any other person's for that matter.

My major concern remains; What Is The Way Forward?

Ultimately.....what defines a person as good or bad......in my worldview isn't their action(s).....It's their soul.
Who says no one is free A lot of people took the 'no marriage, no sex' stand. The OP should learn her lesson and move on. Learn her lesson because I know women that have about 4 kids from 4 different men by the way.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by passionate88: 9:05am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
and NO to condom..
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Edusouls(m): 9:06am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
yesoo i understand you girl you are so right, in our society we are so hypocritical,we show holier than done attitiude, we pretend a lot,while at the back we do worse things,especially ur fellow women you people are each others worse enemies,abortion is the other of the day nowadays,while they look single and clean,at the back they have killed lots of innocent blood,and these women are the ones that will openely castigate their counterparts who is far much better than them in the heart,for having a child out of wedlock,sister we re just humans, God is the final judge, dont mind humans, at last after the race, the miles will be counted..and i assure you the winners will be the least expected, and they will laugh best...

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Edusouls(m): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2015
Renylee:
As far as you are an adult, and you have sense, and its a free world, being a single mother is your headache. The only thing is for women to stop making other people see them as victims of what they knowingly went into.
sherap,mrs judge,swear that you have no boyfriend and you havent tasted a man's prick till today.? What did they went into? They are your fellow women even better in the heart, all of you are into the game of pre marital sex and love,just because they where open and not dangerously hidden like most of you night snakes..

3 Likes

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by JuanDeDios: 9:14am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
No, you have it mixed up. Your "crime" was failing to do what's required to avoid an unplanned pregnancy. Just saying - I have nothing against sex, pre- or post-marital. Or pregnancy.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by alentyno: 9:14am On Mar 18, 2015
cococandy:

It is nice to know that there are young men such as this one who still keep their Virginity and say no the sin of fornication.
You're an example.
Pls keep it up and don't let any woman no matter how pretty tempt you into the crime of fornication.
grin Please don't tell me you believe tallesty1 is a virgin. Dammit you're not even a newbie!
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by tivta(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2015
goodmorning40:
I look forward to the day we begin to have single father's too, the day our men will stop being cow brained and begin to live up to their responsibilities if u can't handle it then leave the girl alone ur life does not depend on konji
. As long as the man did not force her to have sex, he is only liable to take care of the child and not MARRY the woman out of pity. It takes to tangle. Women should learn how to always protect themselves, there are medications you take after unprotected sex and even for the fear of HIV the woman should have quickly gone to the clinic for first aid treatment.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by tunjiafolayanka(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2015
Being a single is not a crime.Besides, they seem to be the best if you are able to find one who is neither aggressive nor violent.
I had once dated a single mother who was very good in bed.In fact she squirts on each round.
I eventually left her cos of her high level of uncontrollable temperament.
Another thing is the ability and or willingness of a man to accepting the lady's ordeal which is even a good sign that she is fertile.Guys should also be prudent enough in disclosing this to your parent.Not all mothers embraces their sons marrying a single mother
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
...Ms Innocent,the crime of some single mum is not due to saying NO to ABORTION,it goes beyond that.many of those ladies love independence.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by stinggy(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Intending single dad in the house.

Rityben, fvck the society. Live your life like it's yours and yours alone. Your life, your rules kiss kiss
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Edusouls(m): 9:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here.

your sense of justice is like that of monkey, 95% of girls engage in pre marital sex, whether protected or not, and most girls conceive before ages 17 to 19, the only difference is that these ones are good and open enough to give birth instead of the vast majority of deadly and hidden girls that carnaly and silently murder their own flesh and blood...so whats your pointless argument..

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by JuanDeDios: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2015
Renylee:
As far as you are an adult, and you have sense, and its a free world, being a single mother is your headache. The only thing is for women to stop making other people see them as victims of what they knowingly went into.
You are right.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Edusouls(m): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2015
dre11:
Just having the heart and conviction of bring forth the life in your stomach to life shows the real woman in you no matter what happens.........

The society might frown at it, but being at peace with your soul, mind and God is the ultimate
Because you don't know who he/she is going to be
yesoo my guy, i love ur sense of justice...
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Edusouls(m): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
emperorchedda:
yes they are the tested and trusted good ones..
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by tivta(m): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
I hate to add salt to injury, but as long as she is not a victim of rape or divorce, she has her self to blame.
She should be intelligent enough to know that any form of unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy. First before the penetration ALWAYS insist on CD, after that ALWAYS take morning after pill. If all that fails THEN you can say it is GOds doing.
Don't blame men for impregnating you when they never forced you to have sex. You are incarge of your own body take care of it.
Even for those who were raped, your first line of duty is to head to the clinic to prevent disease transmission and unwanted pregnancy.
I blame lack of knowledge of human biology for the high rise of single mothers(most go to school for certificate and not EDUCATION).
Women take charge of you life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by UncleJudax(m): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2015
emperorchedda:
Talk is still cheap. The rise of USDollar hasn't affected it
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2015
How about saying no to pre marital sex?
Am sure one jobless mofo will ask you this....

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by yagbaboy1(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Someone goes around having unprotected sex all around, left right and centre. Yes! Society will frown because other people got married legally before giving birth. Wether them girls like it or not. Single mothers are a disgrace and shame to the society as normal mothers are with their husbands.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by skentelelady(f): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2015
coogar:

come off the pity-party rubbish.
you knew the kinda society you come from before you made the decision to bear the child. since you knew the criticism of the society would get to you then you should have aborted or......avoid unprotected sex.

I don tthink society still frowns at single mothers.

This maybe happening in the remote areas i guess

I am a single mum based in Lagos. In my environment (Resident, Church and office), people esp married women dont look down on me because i am responsible and respected. They try to mingle with and get close to me but based on the kinda person i am i dont like familiarity.

I give my child the best. At her school they know i am a single mum but kudos to my child's welfare and upbringing. Every parent is her friend and when i attend any school functions, parents ask me, are you her mum? what a pleasant and lovely girl etc

I think the way you present yourself in that society goes a very long way in the way you are addressed

These are my observations

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amazing Five Generations Family Photo / My Husband Hired Agbero To Beat Me After 8 Months Into Marriage – Woman Laments / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.