Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

About The Artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / About The Artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby (2267 Views)

The Beautiful Ones By Njideka Akunyili Crosby Sold For 2.5 Million Pounds / Njideka Akunyili Crosby Wins Art Award / Meet Kelvin Okafor: The Artist Whose Drawings Are Almost Like Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

About The Artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby by Mcwrath02: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
You might not have heard about her, but Nigerian born U.S -based artist Njideka Akunyili Crosby has been described by CNN “as one of New York’s most promising new talents”. In pop culture parlance, Njideka is the next big thing in the ART world. I had sought an interview with her in February 2013 but somehow it didn’t work out. So when Victor EHIKHAMENOR, an award winning visual artist and writer – who was in town for the FRIEZE ART FAIR Week and 1.54 African Art Fair – invited me to Tafeta Gallery in Central London, my joy knew no bounds when I met Njideka there. Pronto an interview appointment was fixed for the next day.

A Yale University MFA graduate, her works sold out in the 2012 Arts Basel – the number one fair for modern and contemporary art in the world. She has also participated in a year-long residency with the prestigious Studio Harlem in New York. Ok, quite rightly, let’s skip the introduction and allow you to dig into this exclusive interview with this brilliant artist who Victor Ehikhamenor describes as the “Chimamanda of the Art World”.
see more at http://farabale.co/2015/03/17/about-the-artist-njideka-akunyili-crosby/

Re: About The Artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby by GboyegaD(m): 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
Beautiful artwork promoting the African print textile. Every of her picture had an element of the print which for me signifies she recognizes herself as a core African.
Re: About The Artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dora lives
I have being expecting a piece to immortalise her mum.

(1) (Reply)

Ten Photos Of Humanity Like Never Seen Before / Realistic Drawing Of Messi By A Young Nigeria Girl.. Pls Support Her.. / Where To Get A Tablet And Puck For Autocad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.