Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu (5129 Views)

Badagry Farmers Dance While Hanging On Bamboo Stick (Photos, Video) / Strange Bird From Germany Lands In Kebbi Fisherman’s Net - Photo / FG Earmarks N50bn To Purchase Tractors For Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Obinoscopy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
The federal government has set aside the sum of N600 million to compensate farmers whose farms were affected by the avian influenza (Bird Flu).

“So far, 300 farmers were identified as being affected from 18 states of the federation where the disease had manifested,” the minister of agriculture and rural development, Dr Akinwumi Adesina, said.

He made this known at a function at Tahir Guest Palace Hotel, Kano, on Monday, during the “Training-of-Trainers on Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) Workshop,” organised by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the federal government of Nigeria.

Adesina was represented by a director from the ministry, Dr AbdulGaniu Abubakar, who further stated that 255 farms were so far detected as being affected by the disease.

“One million birds have been depopulated. Our record shows that out of the 255 farms that were affected, Kano has the largest share with 158 farms affected in the 18 states,” he revealed.

He called on the government of Kano State to be up and doing in combating the disease.

“We directed our staff at the ministry to work hand in hand with the Kano State Government in controlling the menace,” stated the minister’s representative.
http://leadership.ng/news/418197/fg-earmarks-n600m-to-compensate-farmers-affected-by-bird-flu
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
Modified: I don't have an absolute believe on the existenciality of bird-flu.

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Situation001(m): 6:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Thank you very much ebele.. but we are tired of your govment.. Let the people's General take it up from where you stop..

I rep team #I HAVE DECIDED..

Hit Like if your with me...

25 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by lonelydora: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2015
This Otuokean suddenly woke up from sleep, abi coma, some few days to election. Its already too late to win our votes.

Nigerians have decided.

11 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by purityval(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
I don't believe in bird-flu...to me it doesn't exist.

Well to you nothing exist
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by missionmex(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2015
God bless GEJ

Team #NEVERAGAIN

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by kayultimate(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2015
gud 2 hia
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by yungcyrus(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2015
grin story story grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by eleojo23: 6:49am On Mar 18, 2015
lonelydora:
This Otuokean suddenly woke up from sleep, abi coma, some few days to election. Its already too late to win our votes.

Riclord001:
another desperate step
So everything that the govt does now is seen as an election strategy? Going by what you guys are saying, it means the presidency caused the bird flu in order to use this compensation as a means to gain more votes?

Let's not get stuck on the same line of thought all the time.

Even if these are desperate steps as you say, the most important thing is that Nigerians are benefiting from it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Riclord001(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2015
another desperate step

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by priscaoge(f): 6:50am On Mar 18, 2015
We are moving Forward!!!

Nigeria will never go back!!!

Say YES to continuity!!!

GEJ is transforming Nigeria!!!

Join the moving Train Today!!!

There is no space in Aso Rock till 2019!!!

Gwazikwa ndi yard unu! tongue tongue tongue

[size=16pt]Forward Ever!!
BACKWARD NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by greall12(m): 6:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by goshen26: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
another means of stealing money. the money will not get to the said farmers. AWON OLE, STEALING OUR MONEY SINCE 1960

3 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by DeCritique(m): 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
Past Tense - GEJ has been working

Present Tense - GEJ is working

Future Tense - GEJ will work till 2019

#GEJtill2019

President of all

El Presidente!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Paspane: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
hmmm Gej so na election con make you get small.sense abi? dont worry there is CHINEKE

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
lonelydora:
This Otuokean suddenly woke up from sleep some weeks to election. Well, Nigerians have decided.
#dEcided to Vote 4 Continuity and Transformation

2 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by priscaoge(f): 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

Seriously? shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by yungcyrus(m): 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
which primary skul u attend?
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by kingMilagro: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by dave2meek(m): 6:52am On Mar 18, 2015
That's a welcome developement
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 18, 2015
MR and MRS CORRUPTION will ENGULF the cash
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by planet4: 6:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Let them be sure na bird flu, because in time past farmers do kill their birds and claim it's the flu , just for the money.

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by hamaworld(m): 6:55am On Mar 18, 2015
Haba GEJ, make una try remain some small money for the next government. undecided

In MAMa Piss voice: d prison sentence go don pass 300 by now d prison term go don reach 500 grin grin grin
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by eleko1: 6:55am On Mar 18, 2015
grin kudos to those who gave this man name(s)like Re'tardeen,dumbo,kindergarten etc.The man is a First class CLUELESS ONE,no doubt bout that.Kai JONA sad undecided. A scammer in disguise.U give them and later battered them with increament.THIEF angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Qnaija: 6:55am On Mar 18, 2015
planet4:
Let them be sure na bird flu, because in time past farmers do kill their birds and claim it's the flu , just for the money.
abi grin grin
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 18, 2015
squandering our reserves just to get re-elected.
so when you compensate farmers for an unexpected loss from Birdflu

what happens to other businesses recording losses due to unexpected naira fall?
Nigerians better be prepared to "drink the garri" after elections because that austerity measure thingie
is only waiting till after elections.

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Happy Mid-Week to all!
...Typing from the North.
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2015
yungcyrus:
which primary skul u attend?
you don't believe EVERY news that make d round,if u do?,I don't; I critique what I hear,believe d obvious and jettison d speculation...
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by ennysuccess(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2015
9ja nothing when no fit happen as we no dey carry last
Re: FG Earmarks N600m To Compensate Farmers Affected By Bird Flu by fflamingo(m): 6:57am On Mar 18, 2015
I pray it get to the right hand

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afdb To Increase Fish Production, Others By 5m Tonnes In Africa / Palm Oil Investment! / Where Can I Purchase Vegetable Seeds In Nigeria. Both Local And Foreign Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.