Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu (18122 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At The Burial Of Ozua Okoye (Photos) / We Shall Sing A Song Of Victory This Year – Obiano To Ndi Anambra And Nigerians / 'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:40am On Mar 18, 2015
In one year, Obiano has carried out silent revolution in
Anambra –Bianca Ojukwu

From CHIDI NNADI, Enugu

Today is one year since Chief Willie Obiano started to pilot the affairs of Anambra State as governor. He took over from Mr. Peter Obi, who ruled the state for eight
years under the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), but Obi had since defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Though the defection of Obi to the PDP has been seen by many as a major blow to APGA, the wife of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, and Nigeria’s ambassador to Spain, Iyom Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu, says Obiano has been able to hold the party together after Obi’s exit and subsequently returned the party to the path of honour and stability.

She told Daily Sun , in this exclusive interview at her Enugu residence that Obiano who is now the leader and chairman of Board of Trustees (BoT), APGA is leading the
party in line with the principles and aspirations envisioned by Dim Ojukwu for the Igbo, particularly Anambra people. Bianca critically examined the period of Obi’s governorship of the state and Obiano’s one year in office and summed up that Obiano has in the last one year, carried out silent revolution in Anambra State which has yielded huge democratic dividends in line with APGA’s template for good governance.

Excerpts:

March 17 will be one year since governor, Willie Obiano, started to pilot the affairs of Anambra State. How will you assess his administration so far?

Well, there is no doubt that Governor Obiano hit the ground running as soon as he took over the reins of government in Anambra State. He has kept the faith with the pledge he made at the inception of his administration that he would continue and consolidate the state’s developmental plans initiated by his predecessor, Mr. Peter Obi. He also retained the Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS), an ambitious project, which involved the simultaneous development of all sectors of the state; the foundation of which was laid by Peter Obi. In fact, Governor Obiano never fails, at any available opportunity, to give credit to his predecessor for establishing a solid foundation for him to build on.
However, it is clear for all to see that Obiano, within just a few months of his administration recorded several remarkable achievements, most notably in the
provision of an unprecedented level of security within Anambra State, especially in Onitsha, the economic nerve centre of the state, and undoubtedly the main economic
hub of the South-East. We are all relieved that he has succeeded in wrestling the city back from hoodlums and miscreants and has completely transformed the infamous Upper Iweka Park and its environs. His bold approach in dealing decisively and forcefully with the kidnapping menace and the demolition of houses erected with the proceeds from this nefarious activity has yielded positive results. He even set the tone by enforcing this policy first in his own local government area. Moreover,
he has introduced sophisticated training programmes for community vigilante groups. Before now, people used to be afraid to come back to Anambra State for ceremonies, like funerals, traditional weddings or other cultural events, but the record number of Ndi-Anambra in the Diaspora that made it home for the Christmas festivities last year attests to the new found confidence and assurance that Anambra State is safer now than ever before. He has also done a lot in the area of agriculture, tackling unemployment by capacity building and job creation as well as pursuing an aggressive industrialisation programme. He has more than doubled the Internally
Generated Revenue in the state. He has literally pulled all the stops to woo foreign investors as well as indigenous investors to Anambra State. I am also particularly
impressed by his operation clean and healthy Anambra, which is seriously addressing sanitation issues in the state. The major difference now is that there is a more
vigorous system of monitoring and enforcement. He has launched so many programmes, which show clearly that he is a man of vision who is determined to make Anambra a modern metropolis.

Mr. Peter Obi, recorded high marks in terms of delivery of democracy dividends during his tenure. So, from what you have seen so far on Obiano administration, do you see him surpassing what Obi achieved at the expiration of his own tenure in office?

I don’t believe that this should be reduced to a popularity contest or conjecture of who will outdo the other. This is a legacy issue. Peter Obi acquitted himself creditably and was instrumental in the reformation of Anambra State. Obiano has made it crystal clear that he is building on the foundations Obi laid under an APGA administration. I am happy that you yourself have stated that Peter Obi recorded high marks, in terms of his achievements as a governor of Anambra State. His accomplishments are numerous and he initiated a comprehensive and sustained development of the state in all sectors, most significantly, in the area of education, where his courageous move to return schools to their original owners being the missions yielded positive results, better management of the schools and better examination results for students of the state. His frugality is legendary and he was judicious in his management and use of funds, which made him popular with International Donor Agencies. His administration constructed over 800kilometre of new roads and opened up rural areas within the state. He achieved so much without
resorting to borrowing and saddling the state with debt and though he is no longer with us and despite his poor judgment and deficient calculations, which informed his
defection from APGA, we have refused to let him bury that legacy like a child in an unmarked grave. We expected no less from him. He is a product of our party ideology, and that is why we continue to highlight and celebrate his
accomplishments. We expect Governor Obiano to achieve even more for Anambra State. He has already
achieved so much in the space of one year. This is the collective aspiration of our people who hunger for even greater development. The APGA template for governance
will remain the benchmark for all succeeding administrations in this zone.

Equally, with the exit of Peter Obi from APGA, Obiano is now the new leader of your party. Has Obiano been able to fit into the new role?

It gives me great joy today that APGA is in safe hands with Obiano. He rose to the occasion when faced with the unexpected crisis that was created with the defection
of Peter Obi to PDP just a few months into his administration. Many members were confused and traumatised. Obiano has gallantly taken up the role thrust upon him and is shepherding the APGA political family, taking full cognisance of our party ideology, and Ojukwu, our spiritual leader’s principles and aspirations for our people. He has been able to galvanise the political heavyweights in Anambra State, who, in the past, had the propensity to keep successive administrations embattled or at best distracted. He fully appreciates the need for the collaboration of the major stakeholders in Anambra State in order for him to succeed, so he actively reaches
out to them via town hall meetings to solicit their cooperation as well as their honest and constructive criticism and solutions, all in a bid to foster a better
relationship with our party since many of these stakeholders belong to other parties but in no way does this make him a soft touch. Make no mistake, he is a stern taskmaster, and exacting of competence and
diligence as far as his executive team is concerned. It is our hope that as leader and BOT chairman, he will be more assertive in handling the party’s internal
administrative issues. However, being a bridge builder and mediator, he relies more on persuasion and negotiation in dealing with these issues rather than manipulation and does not feel compelled to take others down for him to rise, unlike many of those he is forced to deal with. I commend the fact that he has initiated a process of reconciliation and healing within our party. As I said before, the internal conflict in APGA left many walking wounded, and their injuries were further compounded by Obi’s nocturnal flight to another party. Obiano has created a platform for reconciliation of the aggrieved through dialogue and his inclusive approach to
governance, even regularly bringing those that served in his predecessor’s administration to proffer advice and strategies to help move the state forward. He is tactically engaged in rejuvenating the party at the grassroots level, and in less than one year in office has laid the foundation stone for the erection of a magnificent APGA secretariat, something Peter Obi, despite having served two consecutive terms in office courtesy of APGA, failed to do.

How would you compare the leadership style of the party by Obi and Obiano and what are chances of your party in the upcoming general elections in Anambra State?

Well, I cannot really say much about Peter Obi’s leadership style of the party since that idea of taking control was a toga he kept shrugging off his shoulders and his interventions in party issues were often indirect, but the much I can say is that he devised his own peculiar operational system that he felt was expedient for running the party in a state of emergency. The party was often embroiled in one crisis or another during his tenure. He chose not to take a bold and decisive approach in
handling party matters, and was more subterranean in his method, always reluctant to take unpleasant but necessary decisions, and failing to realise that those who
seek peace must also prepare for war. This cost us dearly. Obiano, on the other hand, has been party leader for barely three months, but one thing I can say about his style is that with him, you know where you stand at all
times. He is genuinely committed to ensuring the growth and sustenance of APGA, and is not afraid to deviate from conventional means in order to handle critical situations when all other options fail. Obiano has been able to endear himself to party members not just in Anambra State but also in the whole of South-East. Donot forget also, that he has to maintain a delicate balancing act of combining two roles – chief executive of the state, as well as the national leader and BOT chairman of the party. In my opinion, his greatest strength lies in his ability to inspire in Ndi-Anambra, the resolve to do better, the commitment to join hands with the government to improve the state. There is a silent revolution going on in Anambra State today, a rebranding of the cultural identity of Ndi-Anambra, a sort of moral rebirth and social restructuring being championed by Obiano through the
promulgation of a code of ethics, which essentially seeks to entrench a better value system and reawaken a certain citizen consciousness within Ndi-Anambra. There is
no doubt APGA is moving forward under his leadership.
Regarding our party’s chances in the upcoming general elections, I believe our prospects are very bright, not just in Anambra State but also in various states across the country where we have fielded good candidates.

Many people believe the exit of Obi from APGA created a huge vacuum. What was the vacuum created and has it been closed?

I wouldn’t go as far as saying that Obi’s exit created a huge vacuum in the party,rather a kind of emotional dislocation for most party members, who were not
psychologically prepared for his exit. He bestrode the state like a colossus; he embodied APGA and the reclamation and emancipation of Anambra State by its own people. It still jolts many of our party members when they see him dressed in another political party’s apparel that is not APGA’s. Many party supporters publicly
burnt their party uniforms bearing his image in a defiant display of outrage over his defection. Now, hardly can one find anything with his image on it in Anambra State.
There is still an ominous silence that descends like a dark cloud each time his name comes up in discussions or at party gatherings. Many people still shake their heads
in total disbelief as to how he tossed out a bird in hand to seek the multitude in the bush. To add insult onto injury, he uncharitably referred to APGA as an “empty shell” shortly after his defection. Well, since he was the chief occupant of that shell for eight years, the indictment is his. It has now become expedient to throw stones
at his father’s house from the neighbour’s compound. Nevertheless, our party has moved beyond mourning his exit. The general perception is that this is a man who
was carried shoulder high, who in the euphoria of the moment dared spit at the wind; he did himself the greatest disservice of all.

When Peter Obi left APGA, you were enraged by his action. Now, we understand there are moves to bring him back to the party. What is your take?

Well, we shall certainly welcome him back with open arms; after all, the return of the prodigal son was heralded with much fanfare. However, Peter Obi must bear in mind
that he has voluntarily relinquished his rights as the firstborn. That void has been filled in his absence. If he returns he will need to toil for his own wealth, since he
has frittered away his inheritance, the goodwill to which he was entitled under Ojukwu’s umbrella. Obi was always prone to asking ‘Is Anambra State cursed or are
we the cause?’ Well, he need look no farther than the mirror. For years to come, the cautionary tale will be told and retold of a much loved son to whom much was given,
and therefore, from whom much was expected; a man whose morbid fear of political oblivion drove him to the edge of the cliff, where he committed political suicide; a
man who had a date with history, but failed to show up at the appointed time. That man would be Peter Obi.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109543

3 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:50am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy my brother; I was happy to read this interview by Ojukwu's wife today...I am happy because it will clear all of the lies and propaganda against the person of Peter Obi as orchestrated and championed by FreeGlobe and Noonerone and others... I keep asking myself what in the world will push a human being with conscience to dedicate all his/her energy,time, & resources just to malign another falsely and character assassinate him...What these guys blackmailing Peter Obi plan to gain from their despicable act is beyond my understanding...may God save us all...

Also; Peppyluv...I hope you will be interested in this news too....OdenigboAroli; come and feed your memories here....softsparky; kindly join the noble queue and enjoy the interview.... God bless us all...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by asadike(f): 2:34am On Mar 18, 2015
Peter obi is good, obiano is better. Anambra amaka. Kudos my action governor

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:54am On Mar 18, 2015
asadike:
Peter obi is good, obiano is better. Anambra amaka. Kudos my action governor

Every father or great leader prays and wishes that his offspring should be better and sower higher than he did...My anger is with those who are blackmailing the former on social media; calling him a failure and big time looter of Anambra treasury...

8 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 18, 2015
Peter is gone, Obiano is there. Anambra on the rise. APGA, party anyi

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by asadike(f): 3:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Every father or great leader prays and wishes that his offspring should be better and sower higher than he did...My anger is with those who are blackmailing the former on social media; calling him a failure and big time looter of Anambra treasury...
I understand my dear. Peter obi actually set d pace for dis great transformation.

8 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 5:15am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
francizy my brother; I was happy to read this interview by Ojukwu's wife today...I am happy because it will clear all of the lies and propaganda against the person of Peter Obi as orchestrated and championed by FreeGlobe and Noonerone and others... I keep asking myself what in the world will push a human being with conscience to dedicate all his/her energy,time, & resources just to malign another falsely and character assassinate him...What these guys blackmailing Peter Obi plan to gain from their despicable act is beyond my understanding...may God save us all...

Also; Peppyluv...I hope you will be interested in this news too....OdenigboAroli; come and feed your memories here....softsparky; kindly join the noble queue and enjoy the interview.... God bless us all...
you didn't actually read this article did you. As someone who supports obi, I wonder excites you in this damning article on obi. Please read the last response of Bianca. It is anything but complimentary to Peter obi. The entire article dismisses Peter obi as an unserious person. Clearly Bianca is rather pleased with Obiano. Confirms what we've been saying all along. Peter obi was a disaster

2 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by francizy(m): 6:52am On Mar 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you didn't actually read this article did you. As someone who supports obi, I wonder excites you in this damning article on obi. Please read the last response of Bianca. It is anything but complimentary to Peter obi. The entire article dismisses Peter obi as an unserious person. Clearly Bianca is rather pleased with Obiano. Confirms what we've been saying all along. Peter obi was a disaster

Whynotthetruth:

This husband and wife, when will you kiss and make up? grin

Every time argument.. tongue sad
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by lovat(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Obiano the lion

2 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by otokx(m): 7:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Any valid and verifiable pictures to support the claims.
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Peter Obi acquitted himself creditably and was instrumental in the reformation of Anambra State. Obiano has made it crystal clear that he is building on the foundations Obi laid under an APGA administration. I am happy that you yourself have stated that Peter Obi recorded high marks, in terms of his achievements as a governor of Anambra State. His accomplishments are numerous and he initiated a comprehensive and sustained development of the state in all sectors, most
significantly, in the area of education, where his courageous move to return schools to their original owners being the missions yielded positive results, better management of the schools and better examination results for students of the state. His frugality is
legendary and he was judicious in his management and use of funds, which made him popular with International Donor Agencies. His administration constructed over
800kilometre of new roads and opened up rural areas within the state. He achieved so much without
resorting to borrowing and saddling the state with debt and though he is no longer with us and despite his poor judgment and deficient calculations, which informed his
defection from APGA, we have refused to let him bury that legacy like a child in an unmarked grave. We expected no less from him. He is a product of our party ideology,
and that is why we continue to highlight and celebrate his
accomplishments.

I AM HAPPY BECAUSE THIS INTERVIEW HAS PROVED YOU TO BE A LIAR AND A HATRED MONGER...who's after maligning Peter Obi for reasons best known to you.All your accusations from financial impropriety cum looting to non-performance, to not being loved and admired by ndi anambra alongside lack of projects has been trashed out here Bianca Ojukwu;APGA lady....

So I need francizy and other noble sons & daughters of anambra to ask you what and why a supposed lady like you has to carry so much burden of hatred, animosity, venomous wishes,blackmail, anger and lies against a man who doesn't know you exist and who literarily gave his blood for anambra....

11 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2015
otokx:

A visit to Anambra will help you...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by francizy(m): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2015
My take from Bianka's statement is that Obi tried but in terms of being a good leadership figure, Obiano is better.

1 Like

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Slynonny(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Obiano we Anambrarians loves you.
Thank God APC Ngige lost otherwise he would have emptied our treasury to sponsor a dead Mallam Buhari.
Ride on Mr Obiano.
God Bless you.

12 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:04am On Mar 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

How does the last paragraph confirm your insult and false accusation that; Obi looted Anambra dry making Ndi Anambra the more you look the less you see?...How does it confirm your rant that Obi is hated by Ndi Anambra?....How does it portray your blackmail that Obi has no projects in 8years of his governance?...How does it show your lie that Obi never rescued Anambra?...How does it sync with your insult that Obi is a taboo in Anambra?....How does it explain your accusation that Obi never did any positive in anambra than use catholic priests to play politics?...How does it show all your insult and attack on the person and character of Peter Obi?..

3 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:
My take from Bianka's statement is that Obi tried but in terms of being a good leadership figure, Obiano is better.

Fine...so how do we justify all the accusations, insults, and character assassination in the other thread against him...Mind you; Bianca said the lacuna was in terms of PARTY ADMINISTRATION which Obi according to her SHRUGGED OFF from and was more into his governorship job...But now, Obiano is taking the duo of party administration and state governance...

All the accusations, insults, character assassination, and blackmail by FreeGlobe & partners from financial impropriety cum looting to non-performance, to not
being loved and admired by ndi anambra alongside lack of projects has been trashed by Bianca here...God bless all men of goodwill...

modified
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:

This husband and wife, when will you kiss and make up? ;
Every time argument.. tongue sad

Can you ever wish or dream of loving or dating a lady whose stock in trade is character assassination, lies, propaganda, rumour and hatred mongering, insults and blackmail

Will you ever have peace in your home with such people?
Don't you think you will one day be a victim of her venom?
Do you foresee a good & happy ending for such pitiable characters?
What morals will she impact in your children and family?
Where do you start to please such a "lost soul"

1 Like

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by asadike(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2015
Ndi abia umunnem, pls vote apga in the up coming election. I want to see such transformation in abia.

7 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by francizy(m): 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Can you ever wish or dream of loving or dating a lady whose stock in trade is character assassination, lies, propaganda, rumour and hatred mongering, insults and blackmail

Will you ever have peace in your home with such people?
Don't you think you will one day be a victim of her venom?
Do you foresee a good & happy ending for such pitiable characters?
What morals will she impact in your children and family?
Where do you start to please such a "lost soul"

Chai! This hatred between you guys is too much. Do you guys have to hate each other so much, just because you have different opinions about someone? We keep clamouring for Biafra when we are the most disunited tribe in Nigeria. How will Biafra stand when we have divided among Igbo states and among Igbos generally?

It's just like some few guys I saw on facebooke calling Igbos bastards, fools, etc just because they are supporting Buhari and other ones are supporting GEJ. One even went as far as saying he hates his tribe. What kind of people are we if we can't unit for once?

Is it safe to say that we're better of with Nigeria than Biafra?

Guys please stop all these hatred you are showing among yourselves and show love to one another. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

When a leader performs to expectation, it is the people that benefits.
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by francizy(m): 9:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Now back to the article, what I think from Bianca's perspective and my conclusions..

Peter Obi scored high in terms of infrastructural development but scored a mere average in terms of leadership and carrying people along in his leadership.

On the other hand, Obiano scored high in both cases for having being able to fill in the leadership position without allowing havok to be wrecked and also scored high in infrastructural development. I wouldn't expect less from a creditable manager and a leader. Obi knows/knew what he benefited from Obiano that's why he brought him to Anambra to utilize his managerial and leadership skills to govern Anambra state.

Now whether Obi haters like it or not, whether they agree or not, Obi worked and also replaced himself with a better leader, although we can still wait till 8 years to be truly sure of how much Obiano will achieve.

Then whether Obi fans like it or not, whether they agree or not, Obi lacked some kind of leadership skills required to fully unite people he governed and also betrayed the party - APGA.

Cc @Whynotthetruth @freeglobe

4 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:12am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:

Chai! This hatred between you guys is too much. Do you guys have to hate each other so much, just because you have different opinions about someone? We keep clamouring for Biafra when we are the most disunited tribe in Nigeria. How will Biafra stand when we have divided among Igbo states and among Igbos generally?

It's just like some few guys I saw on facebooke calling Igbos bastards, fools, etc just because they are supporting Buhari and other ones are supporting GEJ. One even went as far as saying he hates his tribe. What kind of people are we if we can't unit for once?

Is it safe to say that we're better of with Nigeria than Biafra?

Guys please stop all these hatred you are showing among yourselves and show love to one another. God bless.

Thanks man for advice but I feel hurt seeing such hatred and character assassination of Peter Obi by that babe for reasons best known to her...

Take a trip to her profile and view the number of threads and posts meant to market falsehood against the person of Peter Obi...and you begin to ask what actually went wrong between this babe and Peter Obi for such consistent venomous act of hers...

Advice her to settle her scores whatever it is with Obi privately or better still criticise Peter Obi objectively but not malign his person...Cheers bro...

5 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2015
barcanista:
When a leader performs to expectation, it is the people that benefits.

Sure boss...I pray such be replicated in other states as it is ongoing in Anambra...
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Sure boss...I pray such be replicated in other states as it is ongoing in Anambra...
Amen o...
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:
Now back to the article, what I think from Bianca's perspective and my conclusions..

Peter Obi scored high in terms of infrastructural development but scored a mere average in terms of leadership and carrying people along in his leadership.

On the other hand, Obiano scored high in both cases for having being able to fill in the leadership position without allowing havok to be wrecked and also scored high in infrastructural development. I wouldn't expect less from a creditable manager and a leader. Obi knows/knew what he benefited from Obiano that's why he brought him to Anambra to utilize his managerial and leadership skills to govern Anambra state.

Now whether Obi haters like it or not, whether they agree or not, Obi worked and also replaced himself with a better leader, although we can still wait till 8 years to be truly sure of how much Obiano will achieve.

Then whether Obi fans like it or not, whether they agree or not, Obi lacked some kind of leadership skills required to fully unite people he governed and also betrayed the party - APGA.

Cc @Whynotthetruth @freeglobe

lolz...Court!!! Order...ruling given but my lord kindly allow me appeal here on a given word,"betrayed"...

I felt so bad when Obi defected but was consoled when I saw he left all his aides, commissioners and supporters in APGA and simply moved alone...Because APGA as championed by him then and epitomized now by Obiano was more than a mere political party it was like a movement where people had STRONG emotional attachment...

On his leadership skills, I am not saying your verdict is wrong but also, look at it from this angle now. Anambra before Peter Obi was used to some unethical system of governance. Obi was faced with all those brickbats which even got him a shoddy impeachment that was reversed by court. Having shown Ndi-Anambra some light through his actions and reorientation; he went further to change our state slogan from controversial "Home for All" to "Light of the Nation". He set a standard which subsequent leadership can't go beyond and fought a battle which nobody again may fight in Anambra...I believe these upheavals and changing the existing system by his administration MAY have accounted for the lapse in leadership communication as you observed...

Finally Sir, permit me to add, that Peter Obi meant so well for Anambra that he brought Obiano from his bank where Obiano has distinguished himself, to also do same in Anambra hence handing over not to a career politician or people desperate for power but to a core professional and astute manager of man and resources...God bless us all...

BTW Obi is my role model...lolz

modified

6 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by francizy(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

lolz...Court!!! Order...ruling given but my lord kindly allow me appeal here on a given word,"betrayed"...

I felt so bad when Obi defected but was consoled when I saw he left all his aides, commissioners and supporters in APGA and simply moved alone...Because APGA as championed by him then and epitomized now by Obiano was more than a mere political party it was like a movement where people had STRONG emotional attachment...

On his leadership skills, I am not saying your verdict is wrong but also, look at it from this angle now. Anambra before Peter Obi was used to some unethical system of governance. Obi was faced with all those brickbats which even got him a shoddy impeachment that was reversed by court. Having shown Ndi-Anambra some light through his actions and reorientation; he went further to change our state slogan from controversial "Home for All" to "Light of the Nation". He set a standard which subsequent leadership can't go beyond and fought a battle which nobody again may fight in Anambra...I believe these upheavals and changing the existing system by his administration MAY have accounted for the lapse in leadership communication as you observed...

Finally Sir, permit me to add, that Peter Obi meant so well for Anambra that he brought Obiano from his bank where Obiano has distinguished himself, to also do same in Anambra hence handing over not to a career politician or people desperate for power but to a core professional and astute manager of man and resources...God bless us all...

BTW Obi is my role model...lolz

modified

All these things you wrote didn't make one single sense to me, because at the end I was expecting a kiss and make up with @freeglobe but it didn't come.

You all should let all these beef over Peter Obi to die down already oh. No more insults and unnecessary arguments please.

All the same I get your points and we can only hope for a better tomorrow which we pray that God will deliver through Obiano.
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2015
otokx:

Even if they slap the evidence in your face a Thomas Will still be Thomas. Only a dishonest and evil minded person will discredit the transformation Obi brought to Anambra which Obiano is continuing with.

4 Likes

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:53am On Mar 18, 2015
francizy:

All these things you wrote didn't make one single sense to me, because at the end I was expecting a kiss and make up with @freeglobe but it didn't come.

You all should let all these beef over Peter Obi to die down already oh. No more insults and unnecessary arguments please.

All the same I get your points and we can only hope for a better tomorrow which we pray that God will deliver through Obiano.

Boss, sincerely your boy doesn't bear grudges and holds nothing against anyone...not now not ever...I love everyone and wouldn't hesitate even in the midst of heated argument or whatever to help anyone if need be for such...I can host the babe if she oblige me...A NIGHT OUT OR GROOVE WON'T BE BAD FOR A START...Hope you will come along with Softsparky for the night out...
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Even if they slap the evidence in your face a Thomas Will still be Thomas. Only a dishonest and evil minded person will discredit the transformation Obi brought to Anambra which Obiano is continuing with.

lolz... boss longest time!!! where have you been? how's Peppyluv?...welcome back...
Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2015
That's my governor and my party kiss

1 Like

Re: In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2015
Please stop mentioning my name. I'm not on this forum to argue or fight.make your point,it's ok but leave me out of it.

Whynotthetruth:

lolz... boss longest time!!! where have you been? how's Peppyluv?...welcome back...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunshots In Osun As Gunmen Take Over Polling Zone / PDP Expels Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu / DAWN Commission Convenes Meeting With SW Agric Commissioners On Food Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.