Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,605 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million (19211 Views)

Dubai-based Nigerian Man Dies Days After Returning To Nigeria From Dubai(pics) / He Got #7000 For Returning A Lost 12 Million Naira. What Do U Think Guys? / The Reward Of Honest Airport Cleaner Is N7,200 Salary Increment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2015
Why people like no dey 12, 5m or 500 millions,if I return ham make thunder strike my anus.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Joel3(m): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2015
only in Nigeria People get salary of 7k a month. what can this do for married person. and federal airport for that matter.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by philusaau(f): 7:55am On Mar 18, 2015
IT IS ONLY GOD THAT CAN TRULY REWARD HER....

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Bisjosh:
Sometimes you expect more from people.

So only 7200 was added to her salary?

Thats too bad.
No!
Her employers did well 4 dat, my gross iz wit d owner of d said lost money.
I would have divided dat money into 4 places & gave her one part of it angry

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:57am On Mar 18, 2015
centmichael101:
Good nigerian!! OON award awaits u, jst vote wisely
4 who?......

Ehn?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by siegfried99(m): 7:58am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
I don't care what other people think but this woman right here is Stu.pid and should be killed!!

grin cheesy
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:58am On Mar 18, 2015
STARSHYNE:

D woman go dey blame her sef nw

Honesty pays grin
Wen stealin iz not corruption ooo! grin
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2015
Only?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 18, 2015
Well what can I say? What is right is right and that which is wrong is wrong. She did the right thing only that it is unfortunate that she did it in this country.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
emmykk:
12Million.

1.I will Build small N4million house.

2.i will use N5million to get sound 5 tokunbos vans for lagos public transport.

3.i will use N2Million naira for landed property.

4.i will use N1M to flex small small for months.

Honesty nor 4 reach where that 12Million.

Painful those who have head dont have hat,those who have hat dont have head.

Povety don bail-up the mugushi
Ibulu onyigbo?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by DeDonn1: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
Bisjosh:
Sometimes you expect more from people.

So only 7200 was added to her salary?

Thats too bad.
Please stop mentioning the amount it makes me feel ashame
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by hunkydory(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2015
bestestgirl:
wait o, the increment brought the salary to 15,000? how much was she earning before? angry angry that is just pathetic
Even the 15K is too poor let alone what she was earning before.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by wtfCode: 8:02am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
I don't care what other people think but this woman right here is Stu.pid and should be killed!!
an igbo woman for that matter.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by sandosky1(m): 8:02am On Mar 18, 2015
Hmmmmm dat money is 2 small, pls mr gud guy come and work in port harcourt and earn more dan dat. Dat money is wot dey are paying a common house help in port harcourt, a cleaner earn more dan 20k
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by ajayiopy: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2015
You see now that it is illegal to be law abiding in a state at lawlessness. 7500 out of N12M ,what ratio is that and you expect the same woman to refund such cash when she see Such next time. You see reasons why Nigerian are not patriotic.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by all4gud(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2015
Must you tie every happening in this country to politic?
Olanight:
Sorry ma,the present govt cannot notice you
'Cos itz foundation is based on dishonesty and lack of integrity

Don't worry CHANGE is coming #MARCH28
All ur honesty will b dully compensated

#GodWillSaveNigeria
#NigeriaEvilMenWillNotRuleYouAgain
#IHaveDecided
#GeneralMarch4Buhari
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Slickest(m): 8:07am On Mar 18, 2015
Nigeria!!! The only nation where honesty is equivalent to stupidity...personally, I salute her honesty nd its a culture we should all imbibe, not expecting 2 b rewarded for doing the right thing, 4get those that'll do otherwise, that's why they can never be in her shoes...buh nlc no dey try oo, someone stil earns 7,800 in dis period of hardship?...God dey!!!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 18, 2015
The National Diploma graduate of Our Saviour Institute of Science, Agriculture and Technology, Enugu, now enjoys a N7,200 salary increment, bringing her new salary to N15,000.During a visit to the airport on Monday,PUNCH Metro interacted with Ugwu’s colleagues who expressed disappointment that such act of uncommon integrity was not noticed by the government.

15k? Bullshīt.

She should be given a national award.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Badosqi(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Mhen this woman deserves an award.
#600,000, #2m both in december 2014 and now #12m. This woman na baba.
God help me na oo, let me also see dis huge amount of money na ooo(I can't make a promise of what I will do ooo).

1 Share

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nicklaus(m): 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
People sef sad so the person can't personally reach out to this woman with 2mill out of 12mill. What if he lost everything. I like it when ppl are considerate. This obviously selfish act is unthinkable. And one wud think the increment was sth good. Very pathetic and discouraging!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Honesty pays.. But it doesn't seem to pay enough!! With this peanut increment, i don't know who is dumb stewpid here?? The Woman or the Airport authority??
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Dafan(m): 8:11am On Mar 18, 2015
God will perfectly reward you my sister.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by gmaribel(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2015
She should resign. There are lots of people looking for honest people to employ.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by holyokoto(m): 8:13am On Mar 18, 2015
killerman47:
Paying below the minimum wwage is a crime. Her employers ought to b arrested and jailed.

Gbam!
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by STARSHYNE(f): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Wen stealin iz not corruption ooo! grin
LMAO

She should have kept the money bah

1 Like

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Wizkoko(m): 8:16am On Mar 18, 2015
did she say she returned the money to get reward? can't you people just do something for God's sake?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Jyde89: 8:16am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
is it a must you air your steewwwpid view knowing fully well that your mind has relocated from your brain to your anus.
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Brugo(m): 8:17am On Mar 18, 2015
Some of you saying that you would not have returned the money are funny. How would a cleaner like her explain sudden wealth to her friends and family? Eventually the police would find out and it would be terrible.

The owner of that 12 million cash would not mind spending 2 million to track down the thief. We know what our policemen can do with 2 million as incentive. They would sniff her out.

She got almost 50% increase in salary. That is something. In addition, she is now famous. As much as the salary looks paltry, we should consider her job description too. The company she works for rewarded her with a promotion that they didn't prepare for. The owner of the money may have not even paid them a dime in appreciation but they went ahead to do that.

The airport authority that is swimming in scandals and controversy could have used this opportunity to part with some money that would have been embezzled anyway. A one-time reward could transform her life.

Life is not fair sometimes. I'm sure her colleagues will not act honorably like she did because there is apparently little reward.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by godoluwa(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Buchukwu:
monsuru?
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by nairabetguru(m): 8:21am On Mar 18, 2015
DAVECENA:
Josephine Ugwu, the airport cleaner who returned a passenger’s luggage containing local and foreign currencies to the tune of N12m has been rewarded with a N7,200 salary increment.

Ugwu, who works for Patovilki Cleaning Services, a concessionaire engaged by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria tokeep the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos clean, was on a monthly salary of N7,800 before the incident.

The National Diploma graduate of Our Saviour Institute of Science, Agriculture and Technology, Enugu, now enjoys a N7,200 salary increment, bringing her new salary to N15,000.During a visit to the airport on Monday,PUNCH Metro interacted with Ugwu’s colleagues who expressed disappointment that such act of uncommon integrity was not noticed by the government.

They argued that a society that was quick to mete out punishment to offenders should also be quick to reward exemplary behaviour. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one of Ugwu’s colleagues lamented that the government did not have a culture of rewarding and encouraging exemplary behaviour.

She said:“Some people have abused her and called her a fool for returning the bag. It now looks as if what she did was wrong. Most people will not be motivated to follow her lead when faced with similar situation. The government should have, at least, sent her a commendation letter for what she did.”Another colleague, identified simply as Faith, also expressed disappointment.

She said Ugwu had returned passengers’ luggage with money in them for a record third time and all three had gone unnoticed. She said:“Twice in December 2014, she returned passengers’ luggage with huge sums of money in them. One contained about N600,000 and the other had close to N2m.if it were to be a case of stealing and she was caught, I am sure the government would have been quick to send her to jail.”Ugwu, however, said she had no regrets for what she did, but would not mind being compensated. She said:“I believe that a good name is better than riches.

This incident has taken my name far and wide and I am happy that it is for a good cause. God’s reward is the ultimate, but if the government will give me a proper job as promised, I will be happy.

My company on its part has tried and I am grateful for the management’s action. My salary has been increased and I have also been promoted.”Mrs. Eunice Anumudu, Ugwu’s supervisor at the airport, praised her integrity and uprightness, saying that Ugwu had become a role model, not only for her colleagues, but for all Nigerians.“What she did is worthy of emulation. Many people in her shoes would have done otherwise. She is a role model to her colleagues and to all Nigerians. I will be happy if the government can do something to encourage her,” she said.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/03/cleaner-josephine-ugwu-gets-n7200.html

Return Fire tongue
Re: Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million by Bisjosh(f): 8:24am On Mar 18, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

No!
Her employers did well 4 dat, my gross iz wit d owner of d said lost money.
I would have divided dat money into 4 places & gave her one part of it angry

You are very right. Thats why I don't blame people at times when they carry such amt away. Some people are just so ungrateful!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Things You Do NOT Need To Be Happy / 3 Teenagers Arrested For Attempting To Stowaway In Lagos / What Was Your Most Embarrassing Moment This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.