Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic (5765 Views)

I Now Realize Buhari Is Worse Than Jonathan – Falana Cries Out / APC ‘influencing’ Tribunal Judgements Is Worse Than Corruption, Fayose Counsels / Corruption And Armed Robbery Which Is Worse??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 3:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Boko Haram is a repulsive terrorist organisation that has no place in th 21th century we all know. But the means in which our armed forces are employing to find and destroy this organisation, is nothing short of PURE EVIL OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!! I pity my Northern brothers who are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. This investigative documentary by Dispatches shows in a very vivid way the atrocities being perpetuated by the Nigerian army on the people that they have sworn to protect. Extra Judicial Executions, Torture and Beating of Women and Children and vile disregard of humanity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2R3zucRWo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by internetpirate: 4:13am On Mar 18, 2015
If you pray for rain, you must deal with the mud! While it's sad that lives have been lost, and property destroyed, this is the harsh reality of any war...verbal or physical: there must be collateral damage! May the souls of the innocent rest in peace, and may we never be collateral damage in Jesus name. Amen!

No one deserves to die the way this people died! Government must take some responsibility, so must the army, the joint task force, community leaders and all those who stood still while evil happened! My heart bleeds at the dehumanising treatment! I acknowledge that it is difficult to track Boko Haram in a climate that largely endorses anything Islam...but there should be other ways of eliciting truth!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 4:22am On Mar 18, 2015
my heart bleeds at all this bestiality.
all the perpetrators should be brought to justice.

this is what you get when you allow anyhow people into government.
if only we had a system where only the best qualified people, who know what it means to follow the rules get into positions of authority.
But alas, impunity is customary in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 18, 2015
So nigerian army should adopt a siddon-dey-look attitude to these evildoers in boko haram abi??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 4:36am On Mar 18, 2015
internetpirate:
If you pray for rain, you must deal with the mud! While it's sad that lives have been lost, and property destroyed, this is the harsh reality of any war...verbal or physical: there must be collateral damage! May the souls of the innocent rest in peace, and may we never be collateral damage in Jesus name. Amen!

Hopefully one day you will experience the "COLLATERAL DAMAGE" experience and come back and tell me how it feels. This is the purile and brainless acts of an under trained and ill disciplined rabble. How is beating someone till the point where they will tell you they had SE.X with the Queen of England a reliable way of ascertaining their guilt. These actions are rather helping to strengthen Boko Harams cause.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 4:40am On Mar 18, 2015
quid:
So nigerian army should adopt a siddon-dey-look attitude to these evildoers in boko haram abi??

The surest way to drum up support for Boko Haram is for the Nigerian Army to continue on their savage course.

6 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Samirana360(m): 4:42am On Mar 18, 2015
Am yet 2 understand what u ar sayin
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 4:44am On Mar 18, 2015
quid:
No.
NA just deal with BH terrorists by the book.
Our warriors should live by the warrior creed.
they should not descend to the level of barbaric jihadists.
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 4:45am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:

The surest way to drum up support for Boko Haram is for the Nigerian Army to continue on their savage course.

nobody is going to support boko haram for any good reason.
if you are looking for an excuse to sympathize with boko haram, just say so.

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by MayorofLagos(m): 4:50am On Mar 18, 2015
Very informative.
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by internetpirate: 4:53am On Mar 18, 2015
I made my statement as an unbiased onlooker, and you reduced it to a personal attack! Someone like you would probably do more harm if you were in the shoes of the military or JTF!! I merely highlighted what every rational mind knows! When Muslim fundamentalists urged on their brethren to all forms of evil in the north, no one talked of abuse and degradation of the human condition; yet, they inadvertently cast suspicion on innocents and it became hard to separate the goats from the sheep!

Tell me how you would find a Boko Haram infiltrator in the core Northeast where everyone views anything perceived as anti-islam as untenable, and regarded Boko Haram as a vanguard of Islam, ab initio?

It was only much later, when the attacks turned to the Muslim populace that people began to scream blue murder!

No one can justify brutality and war crimes (for indeed, these are war crimes!), but we must review issues in the context of reality and our own peculiar Nigerian environment! It is easy to accuse from behind laptops and phones, in the safety of our rooms! How would you have handled the situation without any collateral damage? Please enlighten me!!!

Jbenue:

Hopefully one day you will experience the "COLLATERAL DAMAGE" experience and come back and tell me how it feels. This is the purile and brainless acts of an under trained and ill disciplined rabble. How is beating someone till the point where they will tell you they had SE.X with the Queen of England a reliable way of ascertaining their guilt. These actions are rather helping to strengthen Boko Harams cause.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 4:54am On Mar 18, 2015
tit:

nobody is going to support boko haram for any good reason.
if you are looking for an excuse to sympathize with boko haram, just say so.

Are You stupid?

This is not about sympathizing with those Bastards...This is about the wanton abuse of CITIZENS of this country countless innocents who have been wrongfully beaten, imprisoned and yes murdered by the armed in their rough handedness and misapplication of "Justice". Nigerians are so docile because its happening somewhere else and to someone else you are making stupid statements. It can easily happen to you your loved ones me anybody. But like so many things in the country we will treat it lightly and brush it under the carpet.

How can a Soldier take a cutlass and slit the throat of a man who is bound and tied.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 18, 2015
tit:

No.
NA just deal with BH terrorists by the book.
Our warriors should live by the warrior creed.
they should not descend to the level of barbaric jihadists.
Boko haram mingles with the civilian population and conducts unconventional warfare. There is really no "book" method suitable for countering such a group. It is either the innocent civilians give out info or they all just endure strong treatment by soldiers.]

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:

Fine. Support boko haram.
But don't come crying on NL when the soldiers remember your matter.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 5:03am On Mar 18, 2015
internetpirate:
I made my statement as an unbiased onlooker, and you reduced it to a personal attack! Someone like you would probably do more harm if you were in the shoes of the military or JTF!! I merely highlighted what every rational mind knows! When Muslim fundamentalists urged on their brethren to all forms of evil in the north, no one talked of abuse and degradation of the human condition; yet, they inadvertently cast suspicion on innocents and it became hard to separate the goats from the sheep!
Tell me how you would find a Boko Haram infiltrator in the core Northeast where everyone views anything perceived as anti-islam as untenable, and regarded Boko Haram as a vanguard of Islam, ab initio?
It was only much later, when the attacks turned to the Muslim populace that people began to scream blue murder!
No one can justify brutality and war crimes (for indeed, these are war crimes!), but we must review issues in the context of reality and our own peculiar Nigerian environment! It is easy to accuse from behind laptops and phones, in the safety of our rooms! How would you have handled the situation without any collateral damage? Please enlighten me!!!

You have answered your own question, Boko Haram is killing indiscriminately muslims and christians alike so why not build on the inevitable resentment that this will foster in the community. No one wants to shield the man that killed his son,brother, father etc....But If you go in and pick up exactly where BK left of then You are just driving these disenfranchised people into the hands of BK.

Oh and it wasnt my intention to luanch a personal attack, you just seemed desensitized to the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 5:07am On Mar 18, 2015
quid:

Fine. Support boko haram.
But don't come crying on NL when the soldiers remember your matter.

This comment represents you plucking the proverbial lowest hanging fruit.

So objecting to guilt by association or more correctly habitation is tantamount to me supporting BK?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:

You have answered your own question, Boko Haram is killing indiscriminately muslims and christians alike so why not build on the inevitable resentment that this will foster in the community. No one wants to shield the man that killed his son,brother, father etc....But If you go in and pick up exactly where BK left of then You are just driving these disenfranchised people into the hands of BK.

Oh and it wasnt my intention to luanch a personal attack, you just seemed desensitized to the situation.
My guy, calm down and support the nigerian army.
This criticism of yours is neither here nor there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:

This comment represents you plucking the proverbial lowest hanging fruit.

So objecting to guilt by association or more correctly habitation is tantamount to me supporting BK?
Perhaps if you joined the nigerian army you will not be talking like this.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by kilokeys(m): 5:11am On Mar 18, 2015
absolute power corrupts absolutely..

these civilian JTF would in future still pose a threat to pple in their communities.

Boko haram would end soon enough.

but what then happens to the blood thirsty Hunters?

u think they would go back to farming or sewing shoes?

i dont think so..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:

these civilian JTF would in future still pose a threat to pple in their communities.

i dont think so..
So it is safer to leave power in the hands of boko haram

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 5:15am On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:
i dont think so..

GBAM I was just going to make that point and people who have been wrong will remember make no mistake. This lust for vengance will drive them back to BK even if they had no inclination of joining in the first place
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 5:17am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:

Are You stupid?

This is not about sympathizing with those Bastards...This is about the wanton abuse of CITIZENS of this country countless innocents who have been wrongfully beaten, imprisoned and yes murdered by the armed in their rough handedness and misapplication of "Justice". Nigerians are so docile because its happening somewhere else and to someone else you are making stupid statements. It can easily happen to you your loved ones me anybody. But like so many things in the country we will treat it lightly and brush it under the carpet.

How can a Soldier take a cutlass and slit the throat of a man who is bound and tied.

All Nigerians have been victims of the Nigeria Army.
Infact while other Nigerians were victims, the Borno people did not raise their voice.
Borno people were not visible during the Tiv anti-insurgency operations.
They were silent during operation wetie
Silent during the Nigerian civil war
Quiet while Ogoni was desecrated
Asleep while Odi and Zaki-biam were flattened.
And now there is nobody to cry for them.

Do not make it sound like they are the first victims of the NA.
They are not the first and they will not be the last.
A few days ago i saw pictures of a boy n Bauchi(?) who had two bullets holes on the chest.
He had gone for a drive and the Police claimed he crashed into a tree!
His relations were wailing and throwing a fit
As if this were a first ever!
But I guess they must have laughed and snickered while some other people were lamenting for the Apo 7.

So my friend, stop playing victim.
Like Maier wrote: This House has fallen.
If you want a solution,
let us join hands to erect a better edifice.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by internetpirate: 5:18am On Mar 18, 2015
Lol! If wishes were horses!! See, @Jbenue, I am partly from the Northeast, and have lived in some of the areas controlled by Boko Haram! I know the level of religious intolerance in those areas, the distrust for government, and the acceptance of fatality by many in those parts! People would shield those who killed their people in those parts, basically because they have extended families and fear further reprisals and, for some, because they either tacitly support the cause or/and they won't go openly against anything viewed as anti-islam!!!

Your suggestion is simplistic and won't work!! Human beings are a complex group, and when you mix religion and tribal flavours into the fray, you get strange, disturbing and unpredictable results!

Jbenue:

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by kilokeys(m): 5:18am On Mar 18, 2015
quid:

So it is safer to leave power in the hands of boko haram

if u watched the vid. if u read "absolute" in my post.. then u should think and reason like an enlightened person.

its an opinion.. and the govt. should mop up the mess after BH is finally over.. by orientations intended at bringing these blood thirsty JTF into our society once again.

Have u ever killed someone and gone scot free, without blame?
. do u know what that feeling does to the pysche?

how would such an individual react when he is slighted or vexed by another citizen in future?.. u think he would fold his arms or report the case to d police station..

think, my brother, think

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 5:19am On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:

i dont think so..

whi are these civilian jtfs?
i cannot believe they can be so involved in the wanton killing of their kinsmen!
who are they?
what is their motive?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Jbenue: 5:19am On Mar 18, 2015
@ quid

LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE.

What the army is doing is wrong and immoral, it can happened to you aswell. Indiscriminate killing is does not help in a situation like this, certainly it is the easier route to take but what will the long term consequences be for perpetrator and victim?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by IceMan85(m): 5:21am On Mar 18, 2015
Incase
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 18, 2015
Jbenue:
@ quid

LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE.

What the army is doing is wrong and immoral, it can happened to you aswell. Indiscriminate killing is does not help in a situation like this, certainly it is the easier route to take but what will the long term consequences be for perpetrator and victim?
Why not direct your strongest criticism at boko haram and their sponsors

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by tit(f): 5:21am On Mar 18, 2015
internetpirate:
Lol! If wishes were horses!! See, @Jbenue, I am partly from the Northeast, and have lived in some of the areas controlled by Boko Haram! I know the level of religious intolerance in those areas, the distrust for government, and the acceptance of fatality by many in those parts! People would shield those who killed their people in those parts, basically because they have extended families and fear further reprisals and, for some, because they either tacitly support the cause or/and they won't go openly against anything viewed as anti-islam!!!

Your suggestion is simplistic and won't work!! Human beings are a complex group, and when you mix religion and tribal flavours into the fray, you get strange, disturbing and unpredictable results!

About 1960, the NE was 65% pagan, 30% Christian and 5% Muslim.
It looks like all that has changed now.
But I wonder if this plays a part in the civilian jtf targeted killings?
Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by internetpirate: 5:23am On Mar 18, 2015
You hit the nail on the head! I couldn't have put it better! That is what I have been trying to tell @Jbenue!!

quid:

Boko haram mingles with the civilian population and conducts unconventional warfare. There is really no "book" method suitable for countering such a group. It is either the innocent civilians give out info or they all just endure strong treatment by soldiers.]

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 18, 2015
kilokeys:

if u watched the vid. if u read "absolute" in my post.. then u should think and reason like an enlightened person.

its an opinion.. and the govt. should mop up the mess after BH is finally over.. by orientations intended at bringing these blood thirsty JTF into our society once again.

Have u ever killed someone and gone scot free, without blame?
. do u know what that feeling does to the pysche?

how would such an individual react when he is slighted or vexed by another citizen in future?.. u think he would fold his arms or report the case to d police station..

think, my brother, think
Boko haram has killed over 13,000 innocent people.
The only thing I can think about is how to suppress boko haram permanently.
]

1 Like

Re: Who Is Worse- Boko Haram Or The Nigerian Army?-graphic by kilokeys(m): 5:26am On Mar 18, 2015
tit:

whi are these civilian jtfs?
i cannot believe they can be so involved in the wanton killing of their kinsmen!
who are they?
what is their motive?
they are approved spies of the NA.
initial motive : phishing out potential or known boko haram members

undeniably.. some personal vendetta is being carried out.
old scores, old enemies, false accusations, conspiracy and all.. some innocent citizens are being dealt with unjustly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun State Presidential Election Result - Punch (Ife central now added) / Buhari On Rescue Mission To Save Nigeria –  Yakubu Dogara / Nigerian Refugees Fleeing To Cameroon Cannot Be Sent Back - NRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.