Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,990 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:00 AM

Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (40751 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by mustaphagreens(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
My mum is not my Daddy's next of kin and beneficiary, I am. So, SHIT bye!
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
hmmmm...... yeye dey smell
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by veave(f): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2015
Calm down. Your marriage is still new. Those were firms filled before you came into the picture. Wait until you get a baby then you can start fighting solidly.
Meanwhile, adjust your self financially. Na so love do you reach sotey you carry access give oga to all your finance. I doff my hat for you.

2 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by justi4jesu(f): 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
kendrick9:
why would any sensible man make his wife next of kin,When he has sons/children?

She said his brother, next time don't just read, also try to assimilate

10 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2015
*Buhari Child Zara Is Paying Over £40,000 / #
12million Naira as School Fees Developing Her
Future and Career. *Jonathan's Children Have
Being Moved To London For Studies and
Residence while Developing Their Career and
living In Affluence..... *Atiku Abubakar Children
Are Abroad Schooling....
*Tinubu's Children Are Abroad Schooling and
Living in Affluence, They Are All Developing and
Investing In their Children To Continue To Rule
Us After They Are Gone.....
You are there As A Jobless...
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by idupaul: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2015
From what I have read it is easy to see why you are not his next of kin, so easy .. You sound like marriage is a hedge fund , where u contribute to make financial gains . Remove ur eyes from his pension money and I noticed you sound so sure he will not live long and his pension his pension some sort of prize .

3 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by blessingee: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2015
Stay calm, easier said than done, i know, but trust me, you need to really stay calm, try and stay calm, take a little time to recover from the shock and then you can "gently and calmly" approach him, make it a soul wrenching one, pour out your heart with all the tears you could possibly gather, and watch his reaction closely, this will decide your next line of action...

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:
Hmmnmnn

If I say anything now, they will call me names

But sorry o woman
U are very dumb
Lived n living all ur life for a man, even without seeing his will u shld have made smth for ursef, well welcome to the real world

Oniranu!

Why call her very dumb?
And what do you mean by lived and living all her life for a man?( her husband o)

The dumb person is the husband.

7 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Brugo(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2015
You need to work on yourself. He loves you but he does not trust you to be fair and financially responsible.

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Dyt(f): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Khabuqi:

Oniranu!

Why call her very dumb?
And what do you mean by lived and living all her life for a man?( her husband o)

The dumb person is the husband.

If I am oniranu
U are ashunu

5 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by kendrick9(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2015
justi4jesu:

She said his brother, next time don't just read, also try to assimilate
oh,i guess i missed that... well my point still stands... for me neither should the wife or brother ought to be next of kin...
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by BillyOpe(m): 9:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Really, I think you should talk to him. If you already have kid(s) and he still feels his brother should be his next of kin, I think there's more to the matter than meets the eye. He definitely must have a reason, find the best time to talk to him.
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:

If I am oniranu
U are ashunu

O wa lara e!

Onidi berekete grin

4 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Dyt(f): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2015
Khabuqi:

O wa lara e!

Onidi berekete grin

I wee just send hammer down to u
cheesy cheesy
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by bellras(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2015
Though it might b so painful but mind you are not. The creator and either of you can die first. Maybe by the time he discover ed urs he wood b the one that will suffer your apprehension. Confronting him might lead to family degeneration which may not b favourable to u as woman.pls b wise and concentrate your arsenal on the proper upbringing of your children. It shall b well with you

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by BIBILISTIC(f): 9:27am On Mar 18, 2015
Madam, like others have rightly said here, its advisable dat U discuss dis matter wit ur hubby in a polite manner first in order to know his reason first before concluding on wat to do. May God guide U thru.
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by duerap: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:
Hmmnmnn

If I say anything now, they will call me names

But sorry o woman
U are very dumb
Lived n living all ur life for a man, even without seeing his will u shld have made smth for ursef, well welcome to the real world

She said her 'husband' not a man! This is why i said a lot of people dont understand what is called marriage. If this story is true, then both of them, especially the man, dont even understand what marriage entails. They need marriage classes.

5 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:

I wee just send hammer down to u
cheesy cheesy

I will put pin your furo and deflate it. Idilabu cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by buoye1(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
I ll advice you start saving for your self and ask himo why he did so!

As for me,I ll make my wife my beneficiary.........I wonder what some guys are saying up there

10 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by saaedlee: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
BritneyStacy:
Don't know exactly what to call it; rude awakening or shocker of my life!! I stumbled on photocopies of my husband's pension's scheme form, Life Insurance form and will.

As I went through the forms, I saw that my I am not my husband's next of Kin or beneficiary!! His younger brother is!! It hurts to realise that for a house that Ђåvε̲ made more than 60percent contribution to, per adventure something happens tomorrow, I will be left at the mercy of my brother in laws!!!

I haven't confronted him yet because I don't know how to. But I intend starting a secret saving account for myself because as at now, he access to all my bank accounts. I have also decided to stop contributing a dime to the house because I don't Ђåvε̲ any stake in it!

Are my thoughts in order? Please I need suggestions...what do I do? Married men why on earth would your wife not be your next of kin?
Going through the documents did you take note of the date on each one of them?
Has he ever had cause to suspect that you are cheating on him?
How long have you been married?
Did he make most of his money before you came into his life?
Did he start the job before you knew him?

The above questions if sincerely answered by you can tell you why u aren't his next-of-kin!!!

#FromExperience

2 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
If you have kids, then your first son should be made next-of-kin. If you have no kids, its natural for a man to make his brother the next of kin. But if you make contributions to the house, then certainly make a baby to solve these issues.

5 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
Wetin be this woman problem. Do u know who will die first?
My only concern is that ur husband used his younger brother instead of his children if any.
Most times things like this happens when the man was not yet married maybe still have it in mind to change it later.
Dont be too fast. Let ur anger be "why not use any member of the nuclear family instead of extended." dont confront him to use u because me sef I no trust u before u kill the man since earthly things gives u sleepless night

1 Like

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Sanuzi(m): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2015
BritneyStacy:
Don't know exactly what to call it; rude awakening or shocker of my life!! I stumbled on photocopies of my husband's pension's scheme form, Life Insurance form and will.

As I went through the forms, I saw that my I am not my husband's next of Kin or beneficiary!! His younger brother is!! It hurts to realise that for a house that Ђåvε̲ made more than 60percent contribution to, per adventure something happens tomorrow, I will be left at the mercy of my brother in laws!!!

I haven't confronted him yet because I don't know how to. But I intend starting a secret saving account for myself because as at now, he access to all my bank accounts. I have also decided to stop contributing a dime to the house because I don't Ђåvε̲ any stake in it!

Are my thoughts in order? Please I need suggestions...what do I do? Married men why on earth would your wife not be your next of kin?

QUITE SHOCKING BUT ARE YOU THE ONLY SPOUSE?

GET A CORPORATE
E-COMMERCE WEBSITE FOR YOUR PRODUCTS
BULKSMS SET-UP
SCHOOL,HOTEL,OFFICE,HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT SOFTWARES
[url]WWW.AFRICANWEBSERVICE.COM[/url]
07038641600 BB PIN:7B663F3A
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Dyt(f): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2015
duerap:

She said her 'husband' not a man! This is why i said a lot of people dont understand what is called marriage. If this story is true, then both of them, especially the man, dont even understand what marriage entails. They need marriage classes.

I thought the husband is a woman na
Mtchewwwww

Pls take me on the marriage classes
U have ur siblings names on ur will too?
By their responses u shall know them
No let me call u anuofia o cos that's when these over reacting Igbo supermods will only see me
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by nortcentrallord(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Joint accounts never work out in reality. It could work out as security for the kids but every body should have their own thing @ the side. Its that simple.

6 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by NemzySeries(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
BritneyStacy:

I tink u shd open up to him wit maturity and understanding abt his personality so dat it doesn't looks like U're stalking him......d idea of opening a personal acct aint a bad 1 eida.....God bless ur family

2 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by Dyt(f): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Khabuqi:

I will put pin your furo and deflate it. Idilabu cheesy cheesy

I know u
Hmmmmm
Tunlabo?
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by einsteino(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2015
if not for the fact that you jointly built the house i would have said "and so?".. cos most nigerian gals see a man as a means to an end.

I would advice you start up saving just incase, make sure whatever the both of you do(financially) is documented legally. but first sit with him and maturedly express your shock, ask him why he did that. maturedly o, not nagging

3 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by davico2006(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2015
Do you have children for him or otherwise and if u ve children and he put everything in the hands of his brother that means he is not being fair to you because I believe it should be his children on the beneficiary or check yourself very well,I think something is wrong
Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by justi4jesu(f): 9:34am On Mar 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
If you have kids, then your first son should be made next-of-kin. If you have no kids, its natural for a man to make his brother the next of kin. But if you make contributions to the house, then certainly make a baby to solve these issues.

Are you serious? shocked shocked So marriage stands for what?

15 Likes

Re: Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! by jaybee3(m): 9:34am On Mar 18, 2015
Dyt:

angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To Triplets After 14 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / I Disowned My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.