Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (150150 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
cowleg:
Brothers and sisters. I wanted to add a to my first name, November 29 2016, I applied officially for change of details. For 2months and some days I waited patiently no information or details or feed back. Headed back to abuja went to office of ACG passport, lo and behold nothing was done on my file. I saw a letter which said I should come to ACG passport, I met both the junior and senior officers in that office, nobody wanna listen or attend to me. I keep meeting some of them yet not granted attention. I beg the junior officer to find my file he was skeptical, till I gave him 2k my file came out. I withdrew my passport and met an officer willing to assist me with lobby fee 180k. Nigerian immigration is a safe heaven for corruption.

Sadly, that's the state we all found ourselves in.. All government agencies are filled with corrupt practices ..
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by rebekah126: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2017
kayfuture:

Sadly, that's the state we all found ourselves in.. All government agencies are filled with corrupt practices ..
@kayfuture,how far with yours??is the passport out??i rily dont know where to start mine from..
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Pls who have recently edited passport details at NIS HQ recently. What's happening at ACG passport office.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 7:59am On Mar 03, 2017
rebekah126:
@kayfuture,how far with yours??is the passport out??i rily dont know where to start mine from..

Not yet out.. No passport booklet to print ON..
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by rebekah126: 12:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
rebekah126:
@kayfuture please lemme know when you get it..thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by negosus: 8:35am On Mar 24, 2017
Please I just move to the UK two months ago. And I have five years working permit. I have even gotten provisional drivers licence and just got form to fill for national insurance number but just discovered my original date of birth. Please how can I correct it and I don't intend to come to Nigeria cus I have kids that just started school in the UK. Please I need your advice and how to go about it. Please don't judge me.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by negosus: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2017
youngbilly1:

I didn't go through all this lol. I was asked for my waec result and date of birth. I got my passport the next week and paid the officer. I paid after the job was complete. No stress no issues pls don't meet anything travel agent. Go to abuja yourself and meet an immigration officer.
Am currently in the UK, how should I go about it 1?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Taiw(m): 3:48am On Apr 07, 2017
I wish i saw this post earlier. I paid 120k to a junior officer since September last year. Over 6 months now and he has been posting me. How do i make claim and collect my money back so i can change passport data the right way?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Taiw:
I wish i saw this post earlier. I paid 120k to a junior officer since September last year. Over 6 months now and he has been posting me. How do i make claim and collect my money back so i can change passport data the right way?

Really, the only way is too pay heavily else, you on your own. Applying and paying through official root is useless as no one will help move your file. I suggest you confront the junioir officer and rather pursue it through a reliable officer. At least it should cost you 180k
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by AllBusiness(m): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
cowleg:

Really, the only way is too pay heavily else, you on your own. Applying and paying through official root is useless as no one will help move your file. I suggest you confront the junioir officer and rather pursue it through a reliable officer. At least it should cost you 180k

How far cowleg, you finally have your details corrected at the passport office headquarter in Abuja? If yes, please how did you go about it?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
AllBusiness:

How far cowleg, you finally have your details corrected at the passport office headquarter in Abuja? If yes, please how did you go about it?

Still waiting oooo I have been captured but haven't gotten the booklet
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
cowleg:

My own is 3 months now I have not gotten it after paying 200k+

Why?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Why?

Lack of passport causes majority of the delay. I captured in February. Expecting it next week.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
cowleg:

Lack of passport causes majority of the delay. I captured in February. Expecting it next week.

You mean booklet? So what if there was booklet how long do you think you should get it from the day you went for capture?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 24, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You mean booklet? So what if there was booklet how long do you think you should get it from the day you went for capture?
A day or 2
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 25, 2017
cowleg:

A day or 2

I heard from my contact at HQ Abuja that there are booklets available now. If your passport isn't out by this week, question your immigration officer what the real situation is. I am in the same situation as you. Passport booklet wasn't available was the excuse until last week when the real situation was communicated to me.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by adebale: 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
kayfuture:

Bro please were the stamped pages as in history of country been to removed
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by adebale: 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
Please I need to ask those who have successfully changed their date of birth, were u given a new one that contains no history or travelling, or the back cover of this was just removed and dob changed..
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
adebale:

Bro please were the stamped pages as in history of country been to removed
. You will be issued a fresh passport!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
keneguae:

I heard from my contact at HQ Abuja that there are booklets available now. If your passport isn't out by this week, question your immigration officer what the real situation is. I am in the same situation as you. Passport booklet wasn't available was the excuse until last week when the real situation was communicated to me.
Sure he said this week...waiting hopefull

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 4:55am On Apr 26, 2017
cowleg:

Pm sent
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by adebale: 8:20am On Apr 26, 2017
I have stamped pages of history of travellling on my passport and I intend changing my DOB... Please here is my question..
1. Should I proceed to the US embassy with d fake DOB or I shud get it changed before going there

2. How will I convince d VO that I have been to 3 places bfor applying for US visa if hv already changed my DOB and issued fresh passport

3. Will they know if I have change my DOB before after changing it

4. Will my birth certificate be required at d embassy?... Thank u
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 28, 2017
cowleg:

Just confirmed mine is out after about 2 months later. Next is to have it picked up.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
keneguae:

Just confirmed mine is out after about 2 months later. Next is to have it picked up.

When did you captured.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
cowleg:

When did you captured.
7th of March.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
cowleg:

When did you captured.
7th of March.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
keneguae:

7th of March.
OK captured same week too.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
cowleg:
OK captured same week too.
What is your officer saying about yours?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.