Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,401 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (150013 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
keneguae:

What is your officer saying about yours?

Said production is on, will get it soon.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 29, 2017
cowleg:

Said production is on, will get it soon.
Cool. Goodluck and all the best.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by onatisi(m): 6:16am On Apr 29, 2017
cowleg:

Really, the only way is too pay heavily else, you on your own. Applying and paying through official root is useless as no one will help move your file. I suggest you confront the junioir officer and rather pursue it through a reliable officer. At least it should cost you 180k
Paying the money isnt even an issue . I am sure tthat if there is an official guarantee that the issue will be corrected once payment is made,many wont even mind to pay 300k but in nigeria there is no certainty. I am sure many are licking their wounds now because most of the payment they have made to correct this data mistakes are just hanging and the issues remains unsolved
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 07, 2017
keneguae:

Just confirmed mine is out after about 2 months later. Next is to have it picked up.

Bros have you collected your passport?

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 7:22am On May 08, 2017
cowleg:

Bros have you collected your passport?

A friend has collected it on my behalf. Sent the biographic page to me on WhatsApp, just for rest of mind that everything was done accordingly. I am making arrangement on how to have it sent to me from Abuja.

What's the update on yours? Out already?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:12am On May 08, 2017
keneguae:

A friend has collected it on my behalf. Sent the biographic page to me on WhatsApp, just for rest of mind that everything was done accordingly. I am making arrangement on how to have it sent to me from Abuja.

The officer said he has been out of abuja, when he returns he will see if its done yet.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 8:15am On May 08, 2017
cowleg:

The officer said he has been out of abuja, when he returns he will see if its done yet.

I sent you a pm since sad
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:21am On May 08, 2017
dotcomnamename:

I sent you a pm since sad

sorry bro I know see am oooo, the mail is not functional.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by deeedee: 6:14pm On May 11, 2017
Luvlydevin:
its such a pity you are experiencing suc ordeal I was in abuja about a week back to replace a stolen passport, and I did it in a couple of days when I came back home from abuja a family friend told me he wanted to do add a name to his passport, then I called the woman that did mine in abuja and she told me if the person have any solid document to prove he actually has that name before, I further inquired and she told me if he can bring his weac result with the same name he wants to add to his passport that she can help, since he was not serious I didn't bother to call her again since then, my advice to you now is to gather all strong documents indicating that is your real age, don't let any body deceive you go to Abuja straight if you have the means to stay a couple of days in an hotel, the price might be much but find out from who is to scan the passport for you, I was told to replace a passport in abuja cost nothing less than 60 thousand I did mine with 45 thousand, and finally on the day you are to scan dress properly if possible wear a suite to avoid embarrassment

I also have issue of lost and expired passport, tho i have the datapage and someone promised to help in lagos for about 3months now after payment nothing is happening and now i decided to go to abuja, please can you tell me the proceedure as you did the same
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Luvlydevin(m): 6:34pm On May 11, 2017
deeedee:

I also have issue of lost and expired passport, tho i have the datapage and someone promised to help in lagos for about 3months now after payment nothing is happening and now i decided to go to abuja, please can you tell me the proceedure as you did the same
it was one custom officer that process it for me here in Benin after like a week he said I will have to go to abuja for capturing, that was how I did mine
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 20, 2017
keneguae:

I'm yet to get the passport, the immigration officer keep posting me, if he say this week then after he say next week til then no show. I guess its not ready cos if so he would have sent to me.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:59am On May 22, 2017
@Cowleg,

Sorry to hear that. The waiting isn't easy, I must tell you. How fast your case is depends on how attentive, fast and serious your officer is.

In my opinion, I think your officer isn't telling you the truth about what the real situation is. If your case has been approved, and your details has been changed, then the production shouldn't take forever as long as booklet is available. As per my case, my passport was produced same day after the change of details.

Before that, all I got was vague reassurance that all was well. I got tired of it and angrily asked for my money to be refunded since the job couldn't be done (I understand about 30k or something not being refundable. I was ready to take the loss). That was when I got clarity about what the true situation was. I was told I needed to pay additional fee, I said no way, but then agreed that as soon as my passport is out and I have seen everything went well as I wanted, that I would pay. Barely one week later, my passport was out.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2017
keneguae:
@Cowleg,

Sorry to hear that. The waiting isn't easy, I must tell you. How fast your case is depends on how attentive, fast and serious your officer is.

In my opinion, I think your officer isn't telling you the truth about what the real situation is. If your case has been approved, and your details has been changed, then the production shouldn't take forever as long as booklet is available. As per my case, my passport was produced same day after the change of details.

Before that, all I got was vague reassurance that all was well. I got tired of it and angrily asked for my money to be refunded since the job couldn't be done (I understand about 30k or something not being refundable. I was ready to take the loss). That was when I got clarity about what the true situation was. I was told I needed to pay additional fee, I said no way, but then agreed that as soon as my passport is out and I have seen everything went well as I wanted, that I would pay. Barely one week later, my passport was out.

Thanks bro for the reply.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Austin1031(m): 4:32pm On May 22, 2017
hello everyone, pls i seriously want to know if my international passport must expired before my date of birth can be corrected?
pls house i hope to get fruitful responses
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2017
Austin1031:
hello everyone, pls i seriously want to know if my international passport must expired before my date of birth can be corrected?
pls house i hope to get fruitful responses

Your passport doesn't have to expire before any details can be changed. It is your choice when you decide to do it.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 22, 2017
cowleg:

Thanks bro for the reply.

You are welcome, bro. Keep your head up.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 10, 2017
keneguae:
@Cowleg,

Sir I am yet to get my passport, all I get from the immigration guy is stories now. Please I would like you to assist me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by wumizzy: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please I want to change the date of birth on my international passport, is that possible? If it is pls how do I go about it. Thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello guys, who else have gotten his details changed, pls I need the assistance of who ever helped you. It turned out the person assisting me was doing nothing, I have asked for refund. I'm looking a reliable alternative.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2017
cowleg:
Hello guys, who else have gotten his details changed, pls I need the assistance of who ever helped you. It turned out the person assisting me was doing nothing, I have asked for refund. I'm looking a reliable alternative.

Haven't visited this thread for a long time. I thought you already had this resolved. Sorry, man.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
Finally approved, approval granted by ACG. cheesy

Note: if you're in abroad you must fly to Nigeria. Don't let anyone deceive you. No be small thing O! wink

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by evanstical: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dotcomenamname.Plz how did u do you own .
dotcomnamename:
Finally approved, approval granted by ACG. cheesy

Note: if you're in abroad you must fly to Nigeria. Don't let anyone deceive you. No be small thing O! wink
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
evanstical:
Dotcomenamname.Plz how did u do you own .

It's not mine. It's my woman. I went to Nigeria myself to process it and she went to Nigeria for capturing.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by evanstical: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please l sent u a mail .l want know your contact there and how long it took.l have some mistakes they made.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Guys, capturing and all done now at the passport office Abuja grin. But what i still don't understand is that the officer in charge said they will post the passport from Abuja to Local airport in Lagos. We paid another 5k for DHL courier since we won't be available for collection. Has anyone experience this before?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by MabraO: 4:51am On Aug 09, 2017
Abeg House
I am in abj wanna do cod(name nd dob)
Na who go assist me.
Anytime I get responds before I check the comment has been blocked
Nod it seem no one is willing to assist
Na God I take beg u
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
Final Update:

Passport received today. They stamped canceled on the previous one that has incorrect date of birth. grin

All you need is an application to the ACG stating why you want to change your date of birth., provide your old passport that show the incorrect date of birth, provide your original birth certificate, provide your Waec result. All your documents must evidence your correct date of birth and name. I also provided newspaper publication and affidavit, though they said its ok but not really required. Then pay the fees. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by uptimum123(m): 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Final Update:

Passport received today. They stamped canceled on the previous one that has incorrect date of birth. grin

All you need is an application to the ACG stating why you want to change your date of birth., provide your old passport that show the incorrect date of birth, provide your original birth certificate, provide your Waec result. All your documents must evidence your correct date of birth and name. I also provided newspaper publication and affidavit, though they said its ok but not really required. Then pay the fees. Goodluck.

Is the waec result compulsory?,also do you have any available contact of any officers there?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
uptimum123:

Is the waec result compulsory?,also do you have any available contact of any officers there?

No, just walk in to to the glass house, talk to elderly officer not those young young officers, explain your problem and ask him if there is anything he can do for you. Then he will discuss further. I spent big because mine was express as my woman need it urgently. They won't even hide anything from you, everything will be done openly there right in their office. The officer will create file for you instantly if he see money.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by uptimum123(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2017
dotcomnamename:

No, just walk in to to the glass house, talk to elderly officer not those young young officers, explain your problem and ask him if there is anything he can do for you. Then he will discuss further. I spent big because mine was express as my woman need it urgently. They won't even hide anything from you, everything will be done openly there right in their office. The officer will create file for you instantly if he see money.

Thanks Man and how many days did it take ?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2017
uptimum123:

Thanks Man and how many days did it take ?

Approval less than 2 weeks. Biometric done last Tuesday, passport issued yesterday Fridays. 2 days + hours grin . Spent 250k excluding air fare, hotel and feeding Abuja to Lagos O!. Excluding air fare back to Europe O!. Money speaks at times. grin

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by uptimum123(m): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Approval less than 2 weeks. Biometric done last Tuesday, passport issued yesterday Fridays. 2 days + hours grin . Spent 250k excluding air fare, hotel and feeding Abuja to Lagos O!. Excluding air fare back to Europe O!. Money speaks at times. grin

embarassed undecided This one weak me o,dat means i will have to travel to Abuja like 3 times in 2weeks since the capturing was done at a later date and collection,so i should budget like 200k for the whole stuff.

Yeah,Money does speaks at times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.