Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office (15919 Views)

Sales Representative || Redwire || Nigeria Office / World Bank – Nigeria Office Is Hiring / Current Vacancy In A Shipping And Logistic Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by biztechclass(m): 10:02am On Mar 18, 2015
The European Union is one of the largest development partners of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The EU is assisting Nigeria mainly in the following areas: peace and security, governance and human rights and trade and regional lntegraton. In this context, the EU Delegation to Nigeria requires the services of:

INTERNATIONAL AID / COOPERATION OFFICER
Job No: 55429

JOB DESCRIPTION
The successful candidate will be responsible to specific projects/programmes with primary focus on alleviation of rural poverty through social protection/social safety nets, improved resilience, enhanced food security and sustainable agricultural production.
Functions and Duties
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the responsibilities are the following:

Management of EDF/EU Projects:
General duties and functions include: Contribution to programming and mid-term review of the Nigeria National Indicative Programmes.
Identification and formulation of programmes and projects – Internal monitoring of projects’ implementation in co-ordination with Nigerian authorities (NAO), ensuring that EU regulations and procedures are followed.

Contribution to Reporting Requirements:
Annual Management Plan (AMP), External Assistance Management Report (EAMR), Joint Annual Report (JAR), sector reports and ad-hoc reports Contribution to donor coordination mechanisms Contribution to sector policy dialogue and engagement with actors at federal, state and non-state levels – Contribution to the visibility of the EU cooperation in the sector/projects concerned.
In the performance of the above-mentioned duties, the expert will work closely together with the other staff in the Delegation and in particular the Operations and Finance and Contracts sections.

Monitoring and Reporting:
Reporting to the Head of Section, the Project Officer is expected to contribute and provide technical expertise to the EU Delegation in all phases of the project management cycle, in particular to ensure proper project appraisal and subsequently monitoring of project implementation, and sector reviews.
The Project Officer will be assigned specific projects/programmes with primary focus on alleviation of rural poverty among the most vulnerable groups through social protection/social safety nets, improved resilience, enhanced food security and sustainable agricultural production.

Communication and Networking:
The position requires excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills, The ability to work under pressure and autonomously and adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
The capacity to communicate complex information in an easily comprehensible manner.
It requires flexibility towards new demands and the delivery of output in a structured way.
The Project Officer will contribute to information exchange, coordination and policy dialogue with DPs, regional, national and local government actors, civil society and the private sector.

JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education and Training:
A University level education of at least 4 years in Resilience/Social Protection/Rural Development/Agriculture/Food Security or related fields.
University studies attested by a diploma relevant to the position (Master or equivalent)

EXPERIENCE:
At least 3 years relevant experience in development cooperation, project management, social protection, resilience, sustainable agriculture, rural development food security or nutrition.
Previous experience in development cooperation activities in northern Nigeria would be an advantage.

KNOWLEDGE:
Full computer literacy
Good knowledge of project management and development issues.
Good Project monitoring methods and techniques

SKILLS:
Delivery of results/Management of work: Capacity to deliver in a structured way: Good
Communication Skills: Capacity to communicate technical or spe…ed information: Good
Motivation: Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way: Good

Languages:
Fluent in spoken and written English
French at a working level.
Good knowledge of Hausa would be highly advantageous

REMUNERATION
: The gross basic salary is NGN 838,000 at the entry level of the salary grid. It may be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale (incl. allowances) depending on years of relevant professional experience.

TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter explaining their motivation, interest and suitability for this position and a recent Curriculum Vitae to:
the Head of Administration on delegation-nigeria-recruitment@eeas.europa.eu

Note: Applications received after the deadline or which do not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.

DUE DATE: 27 March, 2015

: http://www.biztechclass.com/the-european-union-current-vacancy-wednesday-18-march-2014/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by Adyrin(m): 12:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
OooooK
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by eonuegbu20: 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Is it Legit?
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by slimpresh(f): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
No AR? sad sad
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by aboyaji(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
At least 3 years of experience undecided

Where will I get such experience from before applying?
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by Ceenelly(m): 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
Bro, una see the salary there, them say it can be increases ooo, abeg who get certificate here make i use take enter
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by Konnektions146(m): 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
838,000NGN ?? Europian UNion? Hmmm

The salary alone would scare people that sawvthr headline and open the thread but if I must say-

Apply and get the job, the prospects and effect of this on your CV far outweighs the monetary benefit.

Good luck
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
God please and biko help me out on this one. Let it be the first and the last of my hustling.

1 Like

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
839 000? Am goin bak 2 skool 2 read dat course!!!! Wait o, I hav a degree in international relations nd history, any hope?
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by sirmielee(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
please is this salary annual salary or monthly? clarification is of great essence.

2 Likes

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by Alenkakent(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
my course of study no dey there
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by omonla555: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Is the Salary in Dollar? OMG in Naira is this for Akara or Akamu?

1 Like

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by biztechclass(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
but that is gross basic salary without allowances inclusive
omonla555:
Is the Salary in Dollar? OMG in Naira is this for Akara or Akamu?
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by kilmix: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
What happened to international minimum wage?
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by savcy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
Very discouraging salary. God will provide.

1 Like

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by sokt: 4:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by YourAncestor: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
I studied European Studies and Foreign Language. I'm currently undergoing my masters degree in International relations and Diplomacy. Can I apply for it?

1 Like

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by adaxxy: 5:51am On Mar 19, 2015
Why the salary no go fat,bokoharams state recruitment ,good luck to you I'm not interested, I'm okay with my garri and kulikuli wey I dey chop here.

Re: Current Vacancy At The European Union Nigeria Office by free2ryhme: 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Watching

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Taken Stanbic IBTC Bank SHL Assessment Test Before? / EXPOSED: List Of Fake Recruiters/ Employers In Nigeria- Avoid Them! / JOB : What Side Hustle Can One Do On Weekends in Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.