Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? (2428 Views)

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets / Some of our pastors are indeed leading us to heaven / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by otipratt(m): 9:00pm On Sep 01, 2006
please can anyone explain to me how our pastors earn so much money? i learn that they are not allowed to work, run or take part in the active running of any business whatsoever, u won't believe the stupendous wealth some of these pastors possess, can someone enlighten me on this, i hear the all tithe we pay all go to the pastor of the church, was told that this was the practice in the old testament, If it's true then some of these politicians na "smallies" where some of these pastors dey o! Hammer broses
while i I'm in no way against the payment of tithes or giving to God, i want to ask, When last did you go to church and the main topic of the sermon for the day was about giving to the poor amongst us? Why is helping the less privileged in the society not among our day to day rituals as Christians? instead What we hear is all about "giving to the work of God" , "first fruits" pay ur tithes and other forms OF PROPHETIC EXTORTION and Harassment through which the monies MUST find their way into the "church"
I'm not condemning giving in church, pls don't get me wrong. but i think we shld begin to emphasize giving to the poor around us. people are really suffering o! i went to the interior parts of kwara stares (baruten LGA) sometime ago and some parts of Niger and kogi states. Even u a job seeker for now will feel blessed when u see the plight of these people, Whereas we have pastors having more than 20 cars, customized plate numbers i even hear a man of God in Nigeria never uses a pen less than 100 000k.
How many of these pastors help to find palliatives for the unemployment in their churches? how many try to help the poor in their villages? i read a scriptural verseduring my devotion this morning and it says "HE WHO GIVETH TO THE POOR LENDETH TO HIS MAKER AND THAT WHICH HE HAS GIVEN WILL CERTAINLY BE GIVEN BACK TO HIM".

start from somewhere, smile to ppl, make ppl smile, give the little u have first, nothing is too small, life is in phases and stages, if u give a hundred naira today, one day u'll be able to give 1 million, look around, one aunty, one neighbour, a man on the street, Ur neighbor's security guard , they LL most appreciate and bless u which even be more potent than the blessings some of these pastors give.
have a nice day u all,
but do these pastors really earn such sums legit,
i go open church o!!!!!!!!! (joking)
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by LanreDaMan(m): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2006
This particular questions is what I have asked myself and people around me for a long time . The fianancial rewards attached to this PASTORIAL position is what motivates some of this Mordern days pastors , Revrends , Prophets and Bishops and not the Genuine love of GOD.
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by mamaput(f): 8:53am On Sep 02, 2006
I am asking too
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by otokx(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2006
Me i don't know how they do it but i think it is getting too much.
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by lamis(f): 6:30am On Sep 03, 2006
coolIt beats me too. All these luxurious cars, suits, body guards, e.t.c. nawa o. all in the name of God.
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by adconline(m): 6:48am On Sep 03, 2006
Nigerian Churches are very detached from their congregation. They believe in the new world that is about to come. They preach  to you that  you will  drive an S-Class Benz even though you  have never had a bike in your life. What kind of prosperity is this?. They never talk about bad government believing that God will choose a leader for us .  They want to appear rich so that their gullible minded followers will believe them. Religion is the opium of the poor.
  I am happy  I dont sheepishly follow pastors.  I wonder if they have acount books. Who does their acount auditing? Nobody, its not bound to be fair and  transparent
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by omogenaija(f): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2006
well , i some people fall in love kind of with there pastors ( not the regular ) anyways so that happens and some think they need to show them their value and might buy them thins like cars and houses.

or some pastors sadly earn money from church contributions. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by TayoD(m): 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2006
I like Lanredaman's contribution because he wasn't cynical in expressing his views that indeed SOME, and not ALL are motivated by gain.  I often get ticked off when people just generalise and consider anyone behind the pulpit to be a thief.

Let me provide a different view from what all have contributed so far.  I am of the opinion as the Bible teaches, that in every labor, there is profit.  Laboring in the Word and in the doctrine is no exception.  I am not a preacher, and have no call into the ministry, so I hope no one will accuse me of taking this stance for such reasons.

I personally believe that God is the best Boss to work for and that it pays to serve Him.  It would be absurd to work for someone all your life and not expect to be blessed from such work, especially where it is a heavily demanding one.  Unless we all want to claim that it is scriptural for us to be poor as Christians, then Pastors et al should not be singled out.  They are also Christians, and are entitled to all the blessings that every Christian is entitled to including wealth.  As the Bible says, God has given us ALL good things to enjoy.

If the questions is How they really make their money, I will suggest the author of this thread should carry out a survey of different churches to find out.  When such is done, and I get some facts from those who choose to contribute on this thread, then I'll give you more facts that I have at hand.

@otipratt,

Where did you get the information that Pastors are not allowed to go into personal business? This is nothing but misinformation and you really need to get your facts straight.
Re: How Do Our Pastors Earn So Much Money? by otipratt(m): 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ tayo D,
tayo tanx a lot 4 ur contribution. i stated it clearly that my views are tentative and i need some enlightenment, but i did some research and found out the head pastors are not allowed to be actively involved in the day to day running of any form of business,

@ everyone , tayo thinks we are out to castigate pastors but that ain't true at all, everyone has similar views on this because we are making comments based on what we see in Nigeria. tayo from ur profile u are based in USA and there preachers engage appreciable levels of modesty regarding their wealth, u don't see wat we see here in naija,
can someone tell tayo the story of Rev Kings abi na king kong grin?

(1) (Reply)

Happy Valentine / Repercussion Of Picking Money On The Floor? / Is There Any Real Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.