Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,239 members, 7,780,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

Joomla 3.4 Installation Error "No File Selected:unable To Find Install Package" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla 3.4 Installation Error "No File Selected:unable To Find Install Package" (2860 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / Seven Steps Guide To Upgrade Your Joomla 2.5 Website To Joomla 3.x / Joomla 3.4.8 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joomla 3.4 Installation Error "No File Selected:unable To Find Install Package" by ZinoFego: 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
J3.x:Extension won't install

Some extensions won't install on Joomla 3.4.0 giving an error of "No file selected. Unable to find install package"

Errors reported

"No file selected."
"Unable to find install package"

(Note that this error is very generic and can apply to many other issues. This is however the only UI error shown as a result of this issue that affects Joomla 3.4.0 ONLY)

Solution:

A quick workaround that worked for me, in case anyone has this problem until 3.4.1 comes out:

Unzip the extension to a folder, and then re-zip everything in that folder into a new zip using your favorite zip software. Install the new zip using the Joomla Extension Manager.

Alternatively,

Apply the following patch https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/6180.patch (this will be shipped in Joomla 3.4.1)

1 Like

Re: Joomla 3.4 Installation Error "No File Selected:unable To Find Install Package" by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 27, 2015
ZinoFego:
J3.x:Extension won't install

Some extensions won't install on Joomla 3.4.0 giving an error of "No file selected. Unable to find install package"

Errors reported

"No file selected."
"Unable to find install package"

(Note that this error is very generic and can apply to many other issues. This is however the only UI error shown as a result of this issue that affects Joomla 3.4.0 ONLY)

Solution:

A quick workaround that worked for me, in case anyone has this problem until 3.4.1 comes out:

Unzip the extension to a folder, and then re-zip everything in that folder into a new zip using your favorite zip software. Install the new zip using the Joomla Extension Manager.

Alternatively,

Apply the following patch https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/6180.patch (this will be shipped in Joomla 3.4.1)
Hello bro! I decided to comment on this particular thread because there were no competition in comment. I need more explanation on two things.

#1: What are the functions of webhost?
#2: Without advertisement, buying things etc on a website... How do site owners make money --- I mean direct money to bank account just like 'surfing the internet' (E.g twitter, punch, sports etc)

Don't mind the questions, it is because I'm a newbie in site building. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

##new REGISTERED Premium Hosting account On *justhost* For Sale## / E-commerce Solutions Providers In Nigeria / Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.