Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

STUDY IN BULGARIA - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / STUDY IN BULGARIA (158419 Views)

Your Thougts About Living In Bulgaria East Europe / Please Any Nigerian Living Or Studying In Bulgaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
favourmic:

happy new yr how is your admission boss
still in progress
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by JJCE(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
macminista:
lol...which wan be Belgium own again ni ? I live in the us
bro i have sent u pm, wanna ask you something.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just came across this forum today. I am about to apply for my student visa to Bulgaria. I just want to find out about travel insurance for the student visa.
Whats the required duration for the travel insurance? Also do anyone have the list of acceptable insurance companies. Hopefully I will be submitting my application next week.

Kind regards
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2016
6months insurance is OK.
The list of insurance companies is on the information board of the Bulgarian Embassy Abuja.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 11:27am On Jan 13, 2016
Thanks alot
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
sunnyelder:
Thanks alot

Thank God!
Which school give u admission
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by shallomtr: 7:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Hello gurus in the house, when is the earliest time one can apply to Bulgarian school and which school is admitting now for language program
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thanks tlksprince2. Is NBU. I actually applied for fall admission but there was delay as I had issues with translation and some documents and I had to resend. The admission letter came out quite late. Planning to start with language program in February.
Should be in Abuja by next week Tuesday for submission, just waiting for the courier, hopefully should arrive by weekend or Monday.

Also I like to find out from you, do Bulgarian immigration request travel money? Was told that those going to Romania as student, need to travel with 2500 dollars, which is normally checked by airport immigration after landing? Does that apply to Bulgaria as well?

Thanks for the help so far. I found this forum quite helpful
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
sunnyelder:
Thanks tlksprince2. Is NBU. I actually applied for fall admission but there was delay as I had issues with translation and some documents and I had to resend. The admission letter came out quite late. Planning to start with language program in February.
Should be in Abuja by next week Tuesday for submission, just waiting for the courier, hopefully should arrive by weekend or Monday.

Also I like to find out from you, do Bulgarian immigration request travel money? Was told that those going to Romania as student, need to travel with 2500 dollars, which is normally checked by airport immigration after landing? Does that apply to Bulgaria as well?

congratulation man... can't wait to join you soon.....
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2016
No they dont but just make sure you dont bring any contraband with you.
NBU is a nice school.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 8:35am On Jan 15, 2016
shallomtr:
Hello gurus in the house, when is the earliest time one can apply to Bulgarian school and which school is admitting now for language program
You can start now, its early enough.
Look for ur preferred school and apply for ur programe but I tink you have to learn d language before you will start your program.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks tlk2prince. Waiting patiently for the courier, but I am unable to track it online. They sent it through bgpost with tracking number I guess but couldn't track it.

How are you getting along there? I might have to reach out to you once my visa is sorted, if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks for the quick response.

Wishing every one in my shoe right now all the very best and God's speed.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
sunnyelder:
Thanks tlk2prince. Waiting patiently for the courier, but I am unable to track it online. They sent it through bgpost with tracking number I guess but couldn't track it.

How are you getting along there? I might have to reach out to you once my visa is sorted, if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks for the quick response.

Wishing every one in my shoe right now all the very best and God's speed.

Mine got to me within 1week.
You should try tracking using the bulgaria post.
Am good here
You can always ask your questions here and I will be glad to answer u.
Make you prepare well come oooh coz bulgaria no easy..
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
tlk2Prince:

Mine got to me within 1week.
You should try tracking using the bulgaria post.
Am good here
You can always ask your questions here and I will be glad to answer u.
Make you prepare well come oooh coz bulgaria no easy..

Thanks tlk2prince. I will definitely update you as i get along. thanks for the tip, quite prepared for that. My younger brother studied medicine in romania few years back; have relative idea of the area.

Talk soon

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Lordkross(m): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
Nice Topic guys, quietly followed up every comments and suggestions on this Topic.
tlk2Prince, nice to know you were in gwarimpa.
I would like a chat with you.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2016
Lordkross:
Nice Topic guys, quietly followed up every comments and suggestions on this Topic.
tlk2Prince, nice to know you were in gwarimpa.
I would like a chat with you.

Ok what about?
You live in gwarinpa too?
Hope I'm safa!!!
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by makahlj2: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2016
It's a very interesting topic so far, but I have a question to ask all you guys. What are you hoping to find in Bulgaria, of all places? Isn't it the poorest country in Europe?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2016
makahlj2:
It's a very interesting topic so far, but I have a question to ask all you guys. What are you hoping to find in Bulgaria, of all places? Isn't it the poorest country in Europe?

Yea we all know its a poor country, but its 1step at a time.
NOTE: its not everybody that have the funds to make to bigger European countries...
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
makahlj2:

yes poor. but 10x better than Nigeria. sorry bro.. naija is a hell hole. people steal to be rich yet have poor quality of life.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
tlk2Prince:

Thank God! Which school give u admission
guy i have paid the cash.

1 Like

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mickky88: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
sunnyelder:

i think we are having the same problem please which other document do you resend? and have you send them?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mickky88: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
cowleg:

yes poor. but 10x better than Nigeria. sorry bro.. naija is a hell hole. people steal to be rich yet have poor quality of life.

guys they para o grin grin grin grin
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
mickky88:

i think we are having the same problem please which other document do you resend? and have you send them?

i sent my docs September last year for close to 3 months they didn't attend to me till November to say my translation ain't government approve. i sent money to their recommended translation agency to repeat the translation .now still waiting to hear what's next.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mickky88: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
cowleg:

i sent my docs September last year for close to 3 months they didn't attend to me till November to say my translation ain't government approve. i sent money to their recommended translation agency to repeat the translation .now still waiting to hear what's next.

Okay but NBU told me translation is free but i will pay it together with my fees, how much is the cost of the translation agency?
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
mickky88:

Okay but NBU told me translation is free but i will pay it together with my fees, how much is the cost of the translation agency?

180 euros
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mickky88: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
cowleg:

180 euros

i pray school never ask me for that money cos i will be sending my last document again tomorrow to BG
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
tlk2Prince:

NOTE: its not everybody that have the funds to make to bigger European countries...

bro did you change naira at blackmarket to pay school fees or did you use CBN form M.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
cowleg:

bro did you change naira at blackmarket to pay school fees or did you use CBN form M.
I changed naira at bkackmarket.
I go bank for them to give me the form but they were talking rubbish.
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
mickky88:

@ mickky88, sorry for the late reply. Just finished in Abuja today, heading back home now. Initially when I applied last year I didn't submit Bulgarian translation and my medical certificate passed the 1 month validity period. All I did was resent new medical certificate and the school paid for the translation. Didn't have to pay extra for translation.

tlk2Prince:

@ tlk2prince. I applied for my visa today. fingers crossed. And for the guy asking questions on why guys go to Bulgaria; tho Bulgaria might be poor, the certificate is still recognised as European qualification with no restriction to where you can use it. I have family members that studied in eastern Europe and I bet you that they will advice you not to waste money studying in western Europe, as you can use the same certificate everywhere. Gone are the days when employers put priority on certain institutions, now they look at what you have to offer and what academic qualification you have to back it up. My younger brother studied medicine in Romania, now he is a senior registrar in the UK. Not everyone have so much money to have UK education, but eastern Europe gave the alternative. People can go where ever they want, is a choice, don't put them down.

3 Likes

Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by tlk2Prince(m): 6:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ok good luck man.
i will congratulate you soon on your visa
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by mickky88: 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
sunnyelder:

@ mickky88, sorry for the late reply. Just finished in Abuja today, heading back home now. Initially when I applied last year I didn't submit Bulgarian translation and my medical certificate passed the 1 month validity period. All I did was resent new medical certificate and the school paid for the translation. Didn't have to pay extra for translation.

The school ask me to submit my statement of result which i just send to them this week and i even ask them what other document i need to send i was told noting i pray they we not back telling me that my medical certificate should be resend cos i even told them and i was told only the statement of result
Re: STUDY IN BULGARIA by sunnyelder(m): 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
tlk2Prince:

Ok good luck man.
i will congratulate you soon on your visa

Thanks

mickky88:

The school ask me to submit my statement of result which i just send to them this week and i even ask them what other document i need to send i was told noting i pray they we not back telling me that my medical certificate should be resend cos i even told them and i was told only the statement of result

It will be fine. Mine took some time as well but eventually got it all sorted. Don't forget to chase up regularly. Wish you the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (49) (Reply)

Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.