Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer (28717 Views)

Microsoft Announces The Surface Book, A 13-inch Laptop (world Fastest Laptop) / Microsoft Announces Date For Windows 10 Launch. / Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Tbillz(m): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
So we hope you can join us for a minute’s silence, after Microsoft announced that they’ll soon be doing away with the iconic browser in favour of a newer version, which is currently codenamed Project Spartan.

Frustrated users have previously slammed the browser for being slow and bug-prone, and Microsoft once talked of changing the name of the browser to address “negative perceptions that no longer reflect reality.”

Speaking yesterday, Microsoft’s marketing chief Chris Capossella said, “We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10.

“We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”

Microsoft also revealed yesterday that users were more likely to favour services with the company’s name in front of them, meaning that the new browser is likely to adhere to this format.

Although it’s not clear when the browser’s new name will be revealed, it will form part of the much anticipated Windows 10, which will launch later this year.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/17/rip-microsoft-has-announced-the-end-of-internet-explorer-5108302/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Adesam09(m): 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
U no too well sir..

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by kenny1795(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
its about time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by golddeejay(m): 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
no matter hw much changes they make to that internet explorer, that 'not good enough' reputation has stick to it. The right move is create a new browser or even repackage IE and change its name

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by alberto2k(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thank God o... That slow piece of shiit! grin

15 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by codeaddict(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Expected long ago.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Riclord001(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
THE WAVE OF CHANGE IS EVERYWHERE
*****Interview*****
Q: do u know why dis iconic browser
will be changed
A: 'i dont know'
sori, 4 d policiticisation....
i'm drunk with d wine of a prospective better Nigeria
#sai Microsoft
#sai change
#sai Buhari

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by datguru: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Who even uses it ?
A wise decision.

#team-firefox

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by coolhamid(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Just give us a browser that would ease web programming..

In other news, Vote Buhari for a better Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by adanduka: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hope it will not be a case of 'contents still the same'
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by brownlord: 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Team chrome and torch.

Microsoft should stop behaving like APC

What is the need of rebranding Buhari and having amaechi teaching him what to say and what not to the press when there are better option?

Edited

The person under me is high on ijebu garri

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
SORRY IF YOU GET DIS LATE. HAPPY NEW YEAR 1998 grin

Sent from Internet Explorer.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by fidzy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
IE was long dead...I only use it when testing compatibility of sites...its too "boring".

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
ope o

at last...

The thing sucks...
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by isidollarboy(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
I prefer mozilla Firefox than their so called Internet Explorer

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by themejiwalker(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Long overdue

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by SmooshCHN: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Who still uses Internet Explorer? smiley

4 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Afritop(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
it might even be worse and that will be the end of internet explorer and the new browser
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
That browser looks so odd

#Teamopera

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by MARKone(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good Riddance..it is a very useless browser anyway.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by major466(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
About time. That browser need a break.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by RaeMystix: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
kenny1795:
its about time
Seconded
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by idee91: 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ope o !!!
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by viqueta(m): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Just like APC, they will leave the content and change the name
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by gmaribel(m): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
it ended a long time ago for me....... Internet Explorer giving web developers headaches since 500BC

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by hamaworld(m): 7:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nice idea.
Change is good, you update from outdated stuff to new stuff.
That is what Nigeria are also trying to do.(change) grin
Change is inevitable.

Sai mai yanma

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Sanuzi(m): 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes oo time up
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thank God, but what will I use to download other browsers? That was like the only thing it was used for

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by Marcus3883(m): 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
coolhamid:
Just give us a browser that would ease web programming..

In other news, Vote Buhari for better a Nigeria.
vote buhari for better A Nigeria... haba my broda..#blameGEJ
Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by horlabiyi(m): 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Microsoft should change the entire piece of sh1t called Internet Explorer. We in March 2015 I'm pretty sure the browser is still in 2014. Between Internet Explorer and Mikel Obi Who Slow Pass.

#TeamGoogleChrome
#TeamAppleSafari
#TeamFlock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Announces End Of Internet Explorer by almaliki: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Long overdue....i personally dislike Microsoft internet explorer....too heavy, too slow to response,too boring.......i feel they shouldn't do away with it....rather repackage it,rename it and make it lighter........fingaz crossed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? / How To Fix a Slow or Unstable Windows 7 computer. / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.