Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,827 members, 7,798,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (28909 Views)

"How Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Aided The Arrest Of Evans, The Notorious Kidnapper" / How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Macelliot(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Born into a devoted Muslim family in Oke Olu-Okun compound in Oke- Odo Ibadan, Oyo State, Deaconess Peace Olanike Adeleke, a graduate of Banking and Finance from the Lagos State University grew up with a Muslim background, but was being guided by divine revelations which at the time had no meaning to her. In this interview she speaks on her music ministry, the challenges and her newly launched album tagged: ‘Ark of God’. Excerpts; By CALEB AYANSINA and FAVOUR NNABUGWU

What is your take on gospel music in Nigeria?
If I am to talk about gospel music in Nigeria, I will say ‘God have mercy’, although I don’t like to criticize people, but out there, we still have some people that God called in the spirit and the truth, making waves. The gospel singers of these days are putting ‘this and that’ in it, but even at that, if everything is done in the way of the Lord, no one will complain. I don’t want to criticize, but I will advise all to do things right.

Does one need to be led by God to do gospel music?
The Bible made us to understand that if God doesn’t call you and you just put yourself into it, the end might be funny. It is just like a pastor who isn’t called by God. The end of that pastor is destruction. Gospel music is like pastoral calling, because you are not ministering to yourself, but to the people. Even though you don’t have a call and you desire to work for God, there are a lot of things you can do to prepare yourself spiritually.

How did you start your music career? •Deaconess Peace Olanike Adeleke I am from a very strong Muslim background and as a child, I wrote and sang a lot. Everyone thought singing was my hobby, we never knew it was going to be a career. When I was older, I heard a voice, saying; ‘sing for me’, ‘sing for me’. Then I used to stay with my sister who introduced me to Christianity. I told her different revelations, which I couldn’t understand myself. My sister shared those revelations with her pastor(s) who told her that I was having a call and that she should lead me to God. That was how I started going to church. In year 2000, I had a revelation, I saw Pastor E. A. Adeboye, who I have never seen face-to-face. He anointed me and said “God has called you to sing His praise to the living and not to the dead." I told my Sister and she blessed God for His call upon me, but I never understood the calling, until I joined the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)’s choir.

What are your challenges?
I had a serious health challenge. It got to a stage that I couldn’t move around again. It became so serious that the ministry was closed down for several years, but I bless God that by April 2013, God brought me out of the grave. In June 2014, I lost my husband (late Arch. Favour Adeolu Adeleke) after a 10-day illness, and it seemed as if the whole world was about to crash. I lost my memory. I kept asking God, why? And for 40 days, God was silent, because I was murmuring. I realized my mistake and asked God for mercy. After 40 days He came down with strong covenants upon my life. I asked God to open up my destiny. After 40 days prayer, I had a programme and earlier before the programme, I made a vow to God that whatsoever was placed in my hand as an offering will be given back to him. I went to church to drop the huge package I got and prayed that God should open up my ministry that had been shut for eight years. Three days later, God opened up my ministry and that was how the signs and wonders of God began in my life.

Are you into the ministry because of money or fame?

No! I am not into gospel music to make money or for fame. Actually everybody wants money, but the Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. I released an album during our Shiloh programme for the blessing of humanity. Infact, the numbers of CDs I gave out for free were more than the ones I sold. I gave the CDs out not because I was expecting anything from anyone, but because I’m expecting testimonies from them, that is my life. I am not into gospel music to make mone. Money is secondary, winning souls is primar. I want this ministry to win souls for God.

What is the message
behind your new album
“Ark of God”?

The new album (Ark of God) is all about
worshiping and giving God all the praise and glory for our lives. The message is about peace, deliverance, and supernatural turn-around.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/muslim-turned-christian-gospel-artiste-how-pastor-adeboye-anointed-me-to-sing/

4 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good for her. How do we get the album to listen to it?

5 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hope some group of person's won't flog a hell outta her for turning into a gospel singer..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Macelliot(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Hope some group of person's won't flog a hell outta her for turning into a gospel singer..
what do you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Any album yet?
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by kekakuz(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
[size=20pt] are you guyZ saying after the death of buhari in some months time,osibanjo will be President?
rubbish

APC don play una

ye ye ye
Yoruba ronu oooooooo[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Crixina(f): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ok front page.
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by freshness2020: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
Cool
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
All na wash abeg....fake ass pastors everywhere.

Quote me at ur own peril

Lol@I heard a voice saying "sing for me,sing for me"

Me sef I've been hearing voices saying "play football,be a dancer,be a model,be an actress,,be a tennis player,be a fashion designer". Kini big deal??!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
SOMEWHERE IN IBADAN grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by hungryboy(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
wetin concern us?

2 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by kay1one2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jesus is Lord!

9 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
undecided

islam is the one and only true religion where one can find peace according to our Holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

It's unfortunate you decided to leave the right path and join the infidels. It is better you turn around before the needful is done on your existence angry

May the will of Allah be done

God Bless all muslims

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Samguine: 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
With God all things are possible. God doesn't care about your past. He loves you all the same. That is why when you give your life into Him, He remembers your sins no more. All things are new wink

And as for the woman, I pray God will continue to bless your ministry. Let somebody say Amen smiley

11 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by kay1one2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
almostFamous:

Quote me at ur own peril

Defend yourself don't be scared!

1 Like

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yawns, let me sip my kunu and pepsi....

1 Like

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by kay1one2(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
SOMEWHERE IN IBADAN grin

Jobless!
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Kentrasso(f): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hope wink
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Quayman(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Mtchewwwwwwwww grin grin grin
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
almostFamous:

Quote me at ur own peril
I pity ur life

3 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by owolawitola(f): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
This her eyebrow enh lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
frankmishael1:
I pity ur life
my dear...u are of no value to me. Pity urself instead.
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by ylaa(f): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
halleluyah
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
kay1one2:

Defend yourself don't be scared!
scared of what Defend what I guess u don't understand my statement
Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by agbalej(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Evidence and testimony that Only Jesus Christ can save.....the way, truth and d life!

3 Likes

Re: Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
almostFamous:
my dear...u are of no value to me. Pity urself instead.
I will snap life out of u, don't try insult me I'm not ur mate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

21 Prayer Points For Children, To Pray Always As A Parent / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.