Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... (900 Views)

The Truth About Nigeria Girls / Black Girls Are Pretty But Somali Girls Are Prettier / Yoruba Girls Are Clean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
In nigeria, i've discovered/notice that when it comes to traditional marriage or seeing the parents of the girl, a woman have no say, imagine, the girl been lock in the bedroom, bathroom or toilet. Then her family members in the sitting room pricing her suitors... Lols, imagine... The family say... Am giving my daughter out for #150 the man people will start begging please lets pay #100, then the girls family will say add small thing to it na... Then the man family will say: thats all we have with us here... The girl family will say add #20naira lets make it #120.. Business agreed.smiley the girl been sold out like that... And when getting home the woman will try to be claiming something not knowing you've bought her already.......
http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/girls-are-priceless-cheap-when-it-comes-to-marriage/
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by adanduka: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
Priceless and cheap are not synonyms
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
adanduka:
what do you think i do... Cause i couldn't find a name for this thread..
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by englishmart(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
adanduka:
what's your point? The use of "but" instead of "and"?
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by stan241(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
There a word called "tradition" op look it up
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by ITbomb(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
adanduka:
The guy think say priceless na something wey you take for free. When I'm president I will sack all English teachers for his sake
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Sanchez01: 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
I can't believe someone actually used the word 'priceless and cheap' at a time. That something is priceless means that it cannot be bought. OP, I also believe you need to look up more on the word 'tradition'.
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lol..o.p na dis kain nonsense wey u talk now fit make woman use razor blade 10naira kill u danu danu.

Yea,we women are priceless.
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by adanduka: 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
englishmart:

Did you read the post at all? I wonder if you saw priceless inferred in the body of the post. Beginning to think you're englishdumb. cool
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by englishmart(m): 7:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
adanduka:

Did you read the post at all? I wonder if you saw priceless inferred in the body of the post. Beginning to think you're englishdumb. cool
don't have time reading shiiitsss
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
englishmart:
i get you now... And been corrected
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
No hating guys, just lost some points thats all.... And i guess, i've made a good correction now.....
Re: Our Nigeria Girls Are Cheap When It Comes To Marriage.... by Penssuwa(m): 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
NightWhisperer:
In nigeria, i've discovered/notice that when it comes to traditional marriage or seeing the parents of the girl, a woman have no say, imagine, the girl been lock in the bedroom, bathroom or toilet. Then her family members in the sitting room pricing her suitors... Lols, imagine... The family say... Am giving my daughter out for #150 the man people will start begging please lets pay #100, then the girls family will say add small thing to it na... Then the man family will say: thats all we have with us here... The girl family will say add #20naira lets make it #120.. Business agreed.smiley the girl been sold out like that... And when getting home the woman will try to be claiming something not knowing you've bought her already.......
http://www.coolval22.com/Vforum/topic/girls-are-priceless-cheap-when-it-comes-to-marriage/
Your post is totally misleading. The two families discourse marriage modalities. Starting from date fixing, who takes care of what, preliminary ceremonies and bride price which comes last. They dont usually negotiate bride price, the groom's family in most occasions gives any amount they wish (which they may have secretly discoursed with the bride's father). I dont really like your choice of words, "sold out" sounds ridiculous.
The bride is not allowed to be present in such a meeting because she has interest in both families, and secondly, she cannot give herself out to be married.

(1) (Reply)

AN OPEN LETTER TO ALH. AYE. DIRISU (JP, OON) THE OKUOKPELLAGBE OF OKPELLA / Happy New Year Wishes Messages 2016 / I Need Help With Ora Language Uzebba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.