Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? (2112 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / Is It Possible To Reverse Money Sent To Wrong Account Number? / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
Help oooo!!! Please I need someone to guide me. I have a feeling I was almost duped at Guarantee Trust Bank today. My elder sister sent me money through Western Union and gave me all the details. I went to GTbank where I have and account. The lady on the counter directed me to the customer service and on getting there, maybe because I appeared like a novice, the guy told me I will first apply for a device amounting to over two thousand Naira before I claim it. I then told him my sister that came with me has collected hers and she was not asked to pay any sum talkless of applying for any device. I later became infuriated and asked him "are you trying to play pranks or what?" "when did they start using that device?" he asked me when my sister claimed hers, but as a budding lawyer, my parent's money must not waste nw...I replied him with confidence and emphasis "you should be the one to tell me when they started using the device first or do you think I'm a fool?"
While confronting him, his colleague at the customer service asked what happened and even before I said anything, he responded "he wants to collect western union and I told him he's going to pay a token". I got infuriated again and asked him "why can't you tell her you asked me to apply for a device? That mean you're attempting to dupe me!". Even the woman could not say anything and I had to walk out of the bank because my gas was rising and creating a greater scene would not have been the best.
Now, I need the help of anyone that has collected money through Western Union at GTbank to guide me.
Moderator, please front page! I need help urgently!! Thank you.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by pietre(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
No you dont pay anything... unless u wanna settle him and thats by choice.. go to firstbank or skye and collect it... i believe u have a valid id card to claim the money...

2 Likes

Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
pietre:
No you dont pay anything... unless u wanna settle him and thats by choice.. go to firstbank or skye and collect it...
Hmmm...thanks bro. I thought as much. I told him he's worse than our political leaders we abuse everyday. If not for God, I wanted to tell him "Bro, just that you've not started carrying gun, you're a THIEF!!!"
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by dajoaneke(m): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hahahaaha!!! Can only be Lagos branch. Lagosians duping Lagosians since 1833
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
dajoaneke:
Hahahaaha!!! Can only be Lagos branch. Lagosians duping Lagosians since 1833
Not even Lagos Branch. Asero, Abeokuta Branch. My personal text caught him. He was now giving this devilish smile. Very dubious and mischievous somebody.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Story for the gods na im that GTBank guy be one yan abi? Thunder when go fire am still dey do press up.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2015
blogexpert:
Story for the gods na im that GTBank guy be one yan abi? Thunder when go fire am still dey do press up.
Abi? I know he must have duped a countless number of people in that manner. Desperate thing!
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2015
pietre:
No you dont pay anything... unless u wanna settle him and thats by choice.. go to firstbank or skye and collect it... i believe u have a valid id card to claim the money...
I don't have an account at Firstbank nor Skye bank
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by pietre(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2015
Napoleone:
I don't have an account at Firstbank nor Skye bank

You don't need an account there unless you want them to transfer the money to your account.. go there and collect the cash, or go to other Gtb branch and do the westi.. it's taking too long bro.. go to any bank that transact westernunion mostly all banks do it now and collect your cash jare..

2 Likes

Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by kayceecompany: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bros, let me help since I am a regular GTB customer.
Before, GTB pays Western Union transfer without any problems. Later, they restricted it to only customers that have a current account.
Late, last year, I went to collect Western Union and was told (by the teller that normally pays me) that they have migrated it to their internet banking platform. In order words, I should apply for internet banking user id, password and a token (N2,100 + 5% VAT).

My brother, I was forced to do all these as well as pay for the token. However, when I logged into their internet banking platform, the transfer was instant and I discovered it was powered by interswitch.
Next time, I decided to use www.quickteller.com which is owned by interswitch and it worked perfectly.

So, I will advice you to register with quickteller and on their site you will see "receive money through Western Union" . But, the problem now is that Quickteller and interswitch has started asking for a code from the "token" device in order to complete transactions.
Just give it a try and if they demand a code from the token, the, you will have to get the token device.
my 2 cents.

6 Likes

Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by dav8id(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
@op for get gtb and go to any other bank around you that operate the WU service and collect your cash..

the best among the best, the faster among the fast are skyebank and access bank..
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by arbitrage: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
kayceecompany:
Bros, let me help since I am a regular GTB customer.
Before, GTB pays Western Union transfer without any problems. Later, they restricted it to only customers that have a current account.
Late, last year, I went to collect Western Union and was told (by the teller that normally pays me) that they have migrated it to their internet banking platform. In order words, I should apply for internet banking user id, password and a token (N2,100 + 5% VAT).

My brother, I was forced to do all these as well as pay for the token. However, when I logged into their internet banking platform, the transfer was instant and I discovered it was powered by interswitch.
Next time, I decided to use www.quickteller.com which is owned by interswitch and it worked perfectly.

So, I will advice you to register with quickteller and on their site you will see "receive money through Western Union" . But, the problem now is that Quickteller and interswitch has started asking for a code from the "token" device in order to complete transactions.
Just give it a try and if they demand a code from the token, the, you will have to get the token device.
my 2 cents.

Do you know any of the banks or the Quickteller that will allow me receive Western Union into my domiciliary account? I can send or receive the Western Union transfer online from my WU account and WU MasterCard but I only want to receive it in my Dom account, may be by gtbank internet banking or quickteller platform, so as to keep the foreign currency without poor naira exchange. Or else I will receive into my US account.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
OP, he was telling you the truth.
Receiving western union in gt bank is now done via internet banking and you need a token device to complete any transaction on the internet banking platform.
The best thing is to collect the western union from another bank.

4 Likes

Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by arbitrage: 7:09am On Mar 20, 2015
websolushun:
OP, he was telling you the truth.
Receiving western union in gt bank is now done via internet banking and you need a token device to complete any transaction on the internet banking platform.
The best thing is to collect the western union from another bank.

Can I receive the WU fund into a domiciliary account via the internet banking?
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
arbitrage:

Can I receive the WU fund into a domiciliary account via the internet banking?
Boss I have not tried receiving WU via my dormiciliary account.
I think you should findout from customer care concerning this.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by tonytony208(m): 5:09am On Mar 21, 2015
Napoleone:
Hmmm...thanks bro. I thought as much. I told him he's worse than our political leaders we abuse everyday. If not for God, I wanted to tell him "Bro, just that you've not started carrying gun, you're a THIEF!!!"

you should have told him exactly that. Believe me, that declaration would have made his day.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Napoleone(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2015
tonytony208:

you should have told him exactly that. Believe me, that declaration would have made his day.
Lool...indeed
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2015
pietre:

You don't need an account there unless you want them to transfer the money to your account.. go there and collect the cash, or go to other Gtb branch and do the westi.. it's taking too long bro.. go to any bank that transact westernunion mostly all banks do it now and collect your cash jare..
hello dear...how re u doing...i just mailed u now,..kindly reply with ur whatsapp number or any number i can reach u with...wanna ask u something urgent pls...thanks for ur prompt reply.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
pietre:
pietre pls kindly reply my mail dear...its damn urgent plss...need to confirm something frm u...thanks.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by arbitrage: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2015
websolushun:

Boss I have not tried receiving WU via my dormiciliary account.
I think you should findout from customer care concerning this.

I've got in touch with fxcustomercare@GTBank and they said it is not possible to receive Western Union into domiciliary account. Thank you.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:18am On Mar 29, 2015
Honourable budding lawyer!!

You got angry with the GTB CSO unnecessarily.

He basically told you the reality. Plus its much more convinient.

Since you are not illiterate, there isnt any reason why you shouldnt have online banking. On my phone, I make transfers worth ,millions at a go, no sweat, no hassle. Why on earth would you keep goimg to join those unnecessary queues at GT bank just to make a simple transaction.

Getting the Token device is actually a favor and you would thank the GT staff after you start using it as it would simplify your life pretty much!
Ive been using it for over 5 years now and Im beyond impressed!!
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by luvluvluv: 12:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
The staff didn't intend to rip u off anytin. U were jus ignorant over sometin u didn't knw much abt. U are among the few who think makin scene in d bank will quikly get their problem solved. Beliv me ur deluded! Even though a staff will try to satisfy u & keep calm, u myt always be d fool in d end.

While some banks will allow u queue up in deir bankin hall jus 2 do transact, some other banks highly discourage it as alternativ delivery channels(ADCs) r now d mainstay among Wch is online bankin.

Op think abt it, if all customers walk into d bank like u, there will always be an endless queue. Although receivin money tru western union money transfer is meant 2 be hitch-free if u hav d requirements but I encourage u all 2 cooperate with banks who encourage ADCs.

1 Like

Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by lola80: 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Helllo house,can anyone please tell me alternative way to tranfer money from australia to nigeria aside western union since most bank over there dont do transfer to nigeria due to fear of scam and with western union there is a limit. (Thanks to fraudter in nigeria that make all of us look bad)
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by luvluvluv: 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
@ Lola....
What we normally do is 2 do direct credit frm there into the person's account although off shore and VAT chg may apply. Diamond bank is very good with this type. Their accounts can easily do this expecially through their online platform.
Re: Am I To Pay For Any Device Before Claiming Money Sent By Western Union @ GTB? by lola80: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
@luvluv please can u explain better to me do I need a diamond bank and how do sender go about it.
Kind regards

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Sport Betting Agent / I Need Red Oil (palm Oil) In Large Quantity. / ATTENTION! If You Are In An Rural Area Where There's No Bank, Pls Indicate Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.