Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Can Madness Be Heriditary? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Madness Be Heriditary? (11599 Views)

Madness? Lady Spotted Walking Unclad On The Street (photo) / Why Does Madness Increase During Rainy Season? / Madness!!! Woman Super Glued Her Broken Teeth For 10yrs!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
To whoever cares to listen, Madness is Hereditary... That is why a smart guy must investigate and make extensive enquiry about a girl's family before he ties the nuptial knot.

2 Likes

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by faithy2123(f): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Ye$ it i$ hereditary,I ave $een like 2 family in asaba dat madness runs throUgh all d family member$. It maybe caUse by a cures layed on a person,spiritual attack etc
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by tartar9(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
wait let me ask OREMUSSANCTUS and Ifeann.they can't bite me online.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
anyaekekehinde:
To whoever cares to listen, Madness is Hereditary... That is why a smart guy must investigate and make extensive enquiry about a girl's family before he ties the nuptial knot.
grin grin
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by 44chux(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
henrinco:
There are remote and immediate causes of psychosis. Hereditary is a factor that can simulate psychosis, but it is purely dependent on other immediate factors to trigger it: like stress, relationship break up, death of love one etc.

Having a mental break down is not the end of the world. It can be managed through various psychological intervention technique and psychotic drugs.

advise the family to take him to a clinical psychologist. You'll be surprised the behavioural changes that will take effect in the coming weeks.
Risk factors for mental illness include genetic inheritance,depression,childhood trauma, bereavement or separation in families, and abuse of drugs, including cannabis.

Heredity seems to be the greatest factor. Millions of nigerians get large doses of some of the above mentioned and nothing happens coz we typically have high mental stamina. On the other hand even though you cannot inherit madness, you can inherit a low mental stamina. Hence a moderate dose of any of such above mentioned, can cause mental disorder.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Ifeann(f): 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
tartar9:
wait let me ask OREMUSSANCTUS and Ifeann.they can't bite me online.

Stop this nonsense tartar9..
u knw u have admitted to having mental health issues , u should be in a better position to answering this question.

1 Like

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by nikkiehan(f): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2015
it could be hereditary but nt In all cases. trait r transfer from one generation to another. in some family it may occur at a certain age n some der wil a generation interval.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by chukwudi3(m): 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
What is d cause of hicup? [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
faithy2123:
Ye$ it i$ hereditary,I ave $een like 2 family in asaba dat madness runs throUgh all d family member$. It maybe caUse by a cures layed on a person,spiritual attack etc
How can this be proven? That's the issue.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Faraidi(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rapmoney:
I saw a young man recently, who was walking the street unclad...mere looking at the appearance of this dude showed that he was going through some mental torture!!! A friend of mine told me that he knew this guy way back, when he was still normal...intelligent and groovy then. All of a sudden, he lost his sanity. Makes me wonder what happened and why do people lose their sanity

Some persons, both the learned and non-learned, have attributed insanity to weed smoking (drugs); some say it could be caused by spiritual manipulations, while others say it could result from medical conditions.

Now, what about hereditary? I have heard many people say madness could be heridary. How true is this? Does it mean one can get mad because someone in their family line (lineage) became insane at a particular point in time?

What makes people lose their sanity? Is it hereditary?

Please, your views and opinions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
YES
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
Faraidi:
YES
It is not logical for you to just answer 'Yes' without enough reasons to back it up.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Hehe...so you're saying that some individuals genetic maekup are prone to the illness?

And if so, what triggers this insanity that endangers the person and people around him?
Nice question there cool

1 Like

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Rapmoney:
Nice question there cool

I say make I ask noni cheesy
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
PBundles:
In one word YES. My wife worked in the past with ppl who had mental illness as well as a good friend of mine. If it runs in ones family you can be susceptible to it. Also as someone mentioned, stress and drugs and alcohol abuse can also cause different forms. Strangely enough, a large portion in Nigeria suffer from it without knowing due to the enormous stress of living in that country.

Certain signs which go unnoticed which Im sure you have seen in your environment:

1 Unnecessary shaking or movement of legs/feet while either sitting or still (VERY COMMON). This is one way of the body trying to get stress relief.

2 Rage outbreaks from simple issues resulting in fighting or violent actions. Notice the amount of news we hear of someone being killed or attacked usually by someone close to them for the slightest misunderstanding.

3 Talking to one self constantly or talking loud without even noticing that you are doing it.

4 Forgetting to eat (strange but true)

5 Disregard for cleanliness for oneself or environment.

The sad part is the stigma that is carried with it which causes those around the victim not to seek help for them for the fear of being labelled family of a crazy person or even demonic etc. The irony is that it can be kept under control by counselling and medication.

I have thought about this issue many a times and how painful that our citizens suffer at the hands of these things. My ppl suffer to much my heart bleeds for them honestly. cry
Nice one there. Very educating and imformative!!!
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by sacora(f): 11:56pm On Mar 19, 2015
eleojo23:

How is this related to the topic? You are talking off-point. Remember, we are discussing insanity here. Should we make you a case study? cheesy
haaba....u too harsh!!
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 20, 2015
Headlamp1:

you believe in such spiritual stuff?

Sure. There are no conflicts of interest or contradictions here.

I am a believer in the unseen aspects or "supernatural" of human existence. I am also scientific and employ logical deductions, factual evidence and objectives.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by dapsonlou(m): 1:18am On Mar 20, 2015
The number 1 cause of madness is depression. Depression is hereditary. There is medication for depression, but Most people are in denial , so they hit the street . some people can not hand pressure or fear, so they go into deep depression. Talking to a doctor early can save the person from running to the street

1 Like

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 5:08am On Mar 20, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am a believer in the unseen aspects or "supernatural" of human existence. I am also scientific and employ logical deductions, factual evidence and objectives.
Hehehe! Are u a philosopher?
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 5:10am On Mar 20, 2015
dapsonlou:
The number 1 cause of madness is depression. Depression is hereditary. There is medication for depression, but Most people are in denial , so they hit the street . some people can not hand pressure or fear, so they go into deep depression. Talking to a doctor early can save the person from running to the street
I know depression can contribute to insanity but how does it transfer from one family member to another seems strange to me! Does it have to do with the genes?
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Faraidi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Rapmoney:
It is not logical for you to just answer 'Yes' without enough reasons to back it up.
am a psychiatrist,this page won't be enough to write my thesis.Mental illness is partially heredeitry,although,it won't affect all the children. Just one or two,if you want more explanation, just PM me and I shall send you a lot of test book.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by 44chux(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2015
Faraidi:
am a psychiatrist,this page won't be enough to write my thesis.Mental illness is partially heredeitry,although,it won't affect all the children. Just one or two,if you want more explanation, just PM me and I shall send you a lot of test book.
I crave ur indulgence, but do you have any ideas as to how one can get hold of Ritaline or Adderall (or the equivalents) in 9ja?
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by DOCTOR90: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:

There r lots of connections between genetics and mental illness just as we inherit some traits like colour of eyes hair etc so can we inherit some diseases like madness,sickle cell etc.Though not all cases of madness are hereditary
madness is not hereditable it's not genetic related
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Faraidi(m): 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
44chux:

I crave ur indulgence, but do you have any ideas as to how one can get hold of Ritaline or Adderall (or the equivalents) in 9ja?
Those drugs are not sold over the counter,you can only purchase them in our hospital, but not without prescribtion form.Nevertheless I can help you with it if you are serious.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Faraidi:
Ok sir. I will cheesy
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2015
Xiadnat:

Oh really. I actually thought you were an atheist when you wrote God as G-d.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
Headlamp1:

Oh really. I actually thought you were an atheist when you wrote God as G-d.

No, that's Jewish way of writing out the name of Elohin. Actually showing more reverent for God.

If anything, it is the very essence of theism. It signifies my deep 'awe' and 'respect' for G-d.

I am very much a believer.
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
Rapmoney:
Hehehe! Are u a philosopher?

Yes.....not be training or schooling per se. Honorary philosopher. Much like Aristotle and co were. Some people just seem to have a knack for certain things. Mine is philosophical.

1 Like

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2015
Xiadnat:

No, that's Jewish way of writing out the name of Elohin. Actually showing more reverent for God.

If anything, it is the very essence of theism. It signifies my deep 'awe' and 'respect' for G-d.

I am very much a believer.

Oh that's great. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm surprised your a christain. Your name sounds muslim. Did you spend your early days in Nigeria?
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2015
Headlamp1:

Oh that's great. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm surprised your a christain. Your name sounds muslim. Did you spend your early days in Nigeria?

Interesting. It's actually Latin/Greek for Christ ambassador.

I did spend my very early days in Nigeria.

What journalist or TV news are you with before I answer anymore questions. LOL. Joking....
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
Xiadnat:

Interesting. It's actually Latin/Greek for Christ ambassador.

I did spend my very early days in Nigeria.

What journalist or TV news are you with before I answer anymore questions. LOL. Joking....

hehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy was only curious
Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by dapsonlou(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
I know depression can contribute to insanity but how does it transfer from one family member to another seems strange to me! Does it have to do with the genes?

Must case of depression is cause by chemical imbalance in the brain. Like you or I , if we are stressed we blame our enemy and that's the end of it. Some people can't handle stress at all, any worries can send them over the edge, something as little as an exam. Its cause by a chemical imbalance in the brain n one out of 4 children of the person with that condition will have it too. There is medication for it if your ar honest with your Doctor, being ashame is not going to solve it. Because of Yoruba movies Must people think mad people on the street are insane cause they are wicked , not true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Madness Be Heriditary? by Rapmoney(m): 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
dapsonlou:

Must case of depression is cause by chemical imbalance in the brain. Like you or I , if we are stressed we blame our enemy and that's the end of it. Some people can't handle stress at all, any worries can send them over the edge, something as little as an exam. Its cause by a chemical imbalance in the brain n one out of 4 children of the person with that condition will have it too. There is medication for it if your ar honest with your Doctor, being ashame is not going to solve it. Because of Yoruba movies Must people think mad people on the street are insane cause they are wicked , not true
Nice one therecheesy Very logical!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Health System Injustice In Nigeria: A Cry From A Broken Heart / What Is Ruzu Black For Men / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.