Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. (67178 Views)

Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 12:35am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

LMAO why r u so desperate? trying so hard to make urself believe that all these people could pass for Black Americans.. LOL

They are mostly of Europeans descent, majority of the pics i had posted, most people are mostly of European descent unlike A.A. who are 90-85% Africans.
Manny pass as a light skin A.A. & YES he would be consider light skin by all A.A. stop pretending they won't grin grin

I mean, right now we are speaking of West Africans.. if you talking about Horners then that's a different topic.. but right now, we are referring to West Africans to be more specific.
haha how many times u gonna be out? i already put u in ur place, hehe

Ok we are done, this post is the post I needed.

YOU ARE NOT DOMINICAN
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 1:39am On Mar 27, 2015
khia:

You don't know anything about west cost people and I see that my post about the truth of you Dominicans *which I am starting to doubt that you are* struck a nerve with you because the truth hit home. You even had to check my profile to see where I was from because you know that I am telling the truth.
You can fool them but you can't fool me.

Dude, what are u talking about? Like seriously... Lol grin
West coast A.A. like to talk about people they have never been exposed to. Thats it.
What true? U dont even make sense no more, u just writing for the sake of writing lol
How does me checking ur profile has anything to do with u speaking fallacy?
I didnt even know ones could see other ppl country or state in their profile.

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by pazienza(m): 1:46am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

LMAO why r u so desperate? trying so hard to make urself believe that all these people could pass for Black Americans.. LOL

They are mostly of Europeans descent, majority of the pics i had posted, most people are mostly of European descent unlike A.A. who are 90-85% Africans.
Manny pass as a light skin A.A. & YES he would be consider light skin by all A.A. stop pretending they won't grin grin

I mean, right now we are speaking of West Africans.. if you talking about Horners then that's a different topic.. but right now, we are referring to West Africans to be more specific.
haha how many times u gonna be out? i already put u in ur place, hehe

You are ignorant,if you believe that all persons in west Africa have the "typical" negroid features that the western media had fed you with. West Africans come in different hues, shapes and facial features.

Khia,was right, deep inside your veneer of neutrality is a racist, you better watch it.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 1:59am On Mar 27, 2015
pazienza:

You are ignorant,if you believe that all persons in west Africa have the "typical" negroid features that the western media had fed you with. West Africans come in different hues, shapes and facial features.

Khia,was right, deep inside your veneer of neutrality is a racist, you better watch it.
Yes, Africans are diverse & have different features like i said before. Now do me a favor & stop putting words on me i never said.
I do not understand how is racists by saying that our baseball player Manny Ramirez cannot pass for a West African because of his high European mixture??
U better calm down.
If anything i have problem with this A.A. who started attacking my people,,, do no make it seem like i have problems with Africans just cuz of different idea of features or colors.
I have respect for my Africans brothers...
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by pazienza(m): 2:11am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

Yes, Africans are diverse & have different features like i said before. Now do me a favor & stop putting words on me i never said.
I do not understand how is racists by saying that our baseball player Manny Ramirez cannot pass for a West African because of his high European mixture??
U better calm down.
If anything i have problem with this A.A. who started attacking my people,,, do no make it seem like i have problems with Africans just cuz of different idea of features or colors.

You were subscribing to the racist idea that all West Africans fit into one phenotype( with heavy features such as the facial features of Egyptian Sphinx, before the nose and other features were defaced by the turk Caucasians for being too negroid).

It's important for all Caucasian racists that Africans(blacks) be fitted into one phenotype box they created, it makes their robbing of the black history and historical revisionism easier.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 2:15am On Mar 27, 2015
pazienza:

You were subscribing to the racist idea that all West Africans fit into one phenotype( with heavy features such as the facial features of Egyptian Spinx, before the nose and other features were defaced by the turk Caucasians for being too negroid).

It's important for all Caucasian racists that Africans(blacks) be fitted into one phenotype box they created, it makes their robbing of the black history and historical revisionism easier.
I already explained myself
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

I have seem many Dominicans who do resemble that kind of phenotype in the US.. like i said most White Dominicans rarely immigrate..

Actually Cubans have more European ancestry than Puerto Rican on average.

According to PLOS Genetic the average Cuban is 72% European, 20% African, 8% Native.
while
According to National Geographic GEO 2.0 the average PRican is 64% European, 25% African, 11% Native.
Though again those are INDIVIDUAL studies we have to remember. Some studies I read showed Puerto Ricans European autosomal DNA to be higher than that of Cubans.

yodanyrd:

Cuba was basically the last Spanish colony in the new world and this is why they receive more European in the last century of Spain colonization.

Mostly White Dominicans.

http://portal.bufeo.com/galleries/galleries/2405/

http://portal.bufeo.com/galleries/galleries/1443/

(Dominicans white & off-white kids)
http://portal.bufeo.com/galleries/galleries/505/

ALSO, you have to REMEMBER, White Dominicans DO NOT look like your typical White Anglo American of Northern European descent(English, Irish, German) but is of Iberian Southern European Spaniard descent..

I'm aware of the bolded.

People from Iberian peninsula:

Again from my experience I have not seen Dominicans with those type of phenotype here in the USA. Again those three photos are people from the Iberia peninsula both Spain and Portugal. Also some of "white" Dominicans in the link you posted look like they have obvious admixture. Though some of them would be counted as "white" in the USA.

Also I thought Puerto Rico received more European immigration than Cuba. Especially from the Irish and especially considering Puerto Rico is still a territory of the USA.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 2:42am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

Yeah, maybe you have seem one here other there but doesn't mean Dominicans are marrying them or anything like that.. Dominicans even in DR, do not marry haitians. Also Haitians hating Dominicans...

I'm not talking about on the island. But in the states. But even so there are many Haitians who are part Dominican or have Dominican ancestry. I'm NOT lying. Haitians/Dominican mixes is VERY common here in Rockland, New York. Which has a big Caribbean and latino community. Its all due to being from sharing the same island. I've had many friends even in High School that were part Dominican/Haitian. Its not taboo. Or at least where I'm from.

And what do you mean Haitians hating Dominicans??
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

Yeah bro, i just wanted to put her in her place before she start making lies up. Yes i know different studies say different admixture, that's why posted many of them.
Dominican get this attack it's because we make border with Haiti and most people think Dominicans look like our baseball players which why people quick buy the lies about us being "black hating/denying ourselves"
But just saying the AA's you're talking about are mainly addressing the very dark skinned ones who deny their African ancestry. I believe they are aware that Dominicans aren't one "race".

yodanyrd:

Bro, did you know that the average Panamenian according to the University of Paname are 38% African, 36% Native, 27% European ? In other words Panamenians are the group with more African ancestry of all Latinos.
Panama had large influence/immigration from the Caribbean mainly Jamaica. This girl I'm tying to get with is part Panamanian. wink grin

If we consider Haitians "latinos" in a true since then they obviously have the most African ancestry. And weird I never heard of Panamanian having the most African ancestry in Latin America. Most of the Afro-Panamanians are actually recent.
https://elvalleinformation./genetic-demographics-of-latin-america/

^^^The above is a genetic makeup of Latin American and Caribbean populations. With Panamanian African makeup only being 13% and their European makeup 45%. And as expected Dominicans are the Hispanic group with the most African makeup. This is nothing to be ashamed of. But I'll be honest and say inside the link its strange how they label things.

yodanyrd:

Did you know Colombia hold the THIRD biggest Black people in Latin America ? Did you know that Cuba has more PURE Black than the Dominica Rep.?

Did you know Brazilian have the more Black & Mix Afro descendants in Latin America ?
But these are in terms of NUMBERS and not PERCENTAGES. Inside the above link I posted it said the Dominican Rep have more African admixture than both Brazil and Colombia combine. But of course this is only speaking of percentage. We know both Colombia and Brazil has a larger black population than the DR(and Haiti which is the "blackest" of Latin America). Because both countries are larger than the DR. But if going by genetic percentage the DR has more African admixture than both Brazil and Colombia.

yodanyrd:

Brother, you need to understand, Dominicans, Cubans, PRican do not identify ourselves by Race or Colors.. this is mostly a very Americanized Attached thing.. yes we know we have different skin tones and we could use "negro" to describe it but it's NOT attached to our identity.. We identify ourselves with our Nationality & Culture.. and i know you know this.. bcs you been exposed to us and you see how a PRican no matter his color, race, phenotype, featues, will tell you in a heart beat that he is PRican.. same with Dominicans no matter our color, races, mixture, features.

I am very aware of the bolded, which is why I said and made it clear that I don't care how Dominicans identify themselves because its not up to me to intrude and say who should be who. But in my opinion it should be noted that Dominicans understand that their culture is heavily African influenced and so is their ancestry. Heck many Dominicans bragged to me(online) that their culture and food is more "African" than AA's. I'm not trying to instigate, but just saying. Dominican culture/people is very African compared to other Hispanic groups. Which is why I have interest in Dominican culture. wink

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 4:40am On Mar 27, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Though again those are INDIVIDUAL studies we have to remember. Some studies I read showed Puerto Ricans European autosomal DNA to be higher than that of Cubans.

I'm aware of the bolded.

Again from my experience I have not seen Dominicans with those type of phenotype here in the USA. Again those three photos are people from the Iberia peninsula both Spain and Portugal. Also some of "white" Dominicans in the link you posted look like they have obvious admixture. Though some of them would be counted as "white" in the USA.

Also I thought Puerto Rico received more European immigration than Cuba. Especially from the Irish and especially considering Puerto Rico is still a territory of the USA.

Those are not individual tests, those are studies made in more than 300 to almost 1000 people.
Then why don't you bring up those tests here? Cuba was the last Spanish colony and Spain wanted to hold a colony in the Americas, the reason they made many Spaniards to immigrated to Cuba, this is why it's very common to see White Cubans in Miami.

Dude, i showed you a link with a bunch of people, some of course were Mix, i did not said all were white, some of the one i posted were very White looking, beside the pictures you showed, are mostly Spanish from the North part, which many look almost Germanic.

Most of the white i posted do not have obvious admixture, dude, u are confusing them bcs u think all white are suppose to look like ur average White Anglo American.

Dude, PR only receive few Irish, like some hundreds, they try to make it big in wikipedia ( am sure u read it from there) bcs they want to make it seem as if they are really 75% "white" when they aren't.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 4:46am On Mar 27, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I'm talking about on the island. But even so there are many Haitians who are part Dominican or have Dominican ancestry. I'm NOT lying. Haitians/Dominican mixes is VERY common here in Rockland, New York. Which has a big Caribbean and latino community. Its all due to being from sharing the same island. I've had many friends even in High School that were part Dominican/Haitian. Its not taboo. Or at least where I'm from.

And what do you mean Haitians hating Dominicans??
Dude, stop claiming nonsense... "there are many" please.. don't even go there, i don't know why many Haitians love to claim that Dominicans have Haitian ancestry, i don't get it, Dominicans & Haitians never had a close contact until the late 1990's, before that, no Haitian would dare to cross the border, therefore Dominicans NEVER get Haitian blood. Now claiming Haitians have Dominicans ancestry is a bunch of crap lies..

LOL Dominicans mixing with Haitian common ? dont flatter urself... the only people Dominican would Mix with no problem are Puerto Ricans & some Cubans, after that, it's very rare.
Dude, sharing the same Island does not mean that people will be mixing like nothing, you know dam well how Haitians carry themselves & how Dominicans don't have a good view of ur people.
Before the 1990's Dominicans never had any contact with Haitians, this is a well Fact because Trujillo, Juan Bosh, Balaguer kept it that way for decades until we got a weak government controlled by the U.S. Clintons in the late 1990's.
Why Haitians LOVE to claim this lie & fallacy? i don't get it.. it won't make u ppl look any better..
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 5:07am On Mar 27, 2015
KidStranglehold:

But just saying the AA's you're talking about are mainly addressing the very dark skinned ones who deny their African ancestry. I believe they are aware that Dominicans aren't one "race".

Panama had large influence/immigration from the Caribbean mainly Jamaica. This girl I'm tying to get with is part Panamanian. wink grin

If we consider Haitians "latinos" in a true since then they obviously have the most African ancestry. And weird I never heard of Panamanian having the most African ancestry in Latin America. Most of the Afro-Panamanians are actually recent.
https://elvalleinformation./genetic-demographics-of-latin-america/

^^^The above is a genetic makeup of Latin American and Caribbean populations. With Panamanian African makeup only being 13% and their European makeup 45%. And as expected Dominicans are the Hispanic group with the most African makeup. This is nothing to be ashamed of. But I'll be honest and say inside the link its strange how they label things.

But these are in terms of NUMBERS and not PERCENTAGES. Inside the above link I posted it said the Dominican Rep have more African admixture than both Brazil and Colombia combine. But of course this is only speaking of percentage. We know both Colombia and Brazil has a larger black population than the DR(and Haiti which is the "blackest" of Latin America). Because both countries are larger than the DR. But if going by genetic percentage the DR has more African admixture than both Brazil and Colombia.

I am very aware of the bolded, which is why I said and made it clear that I don't care how Dominicans identify themselves because its not up to me to intrude and say who should be who. But in my opinion it should be noted that Dominicans understand that their culture is heavily African influenced and so is their ancestry. Heck many Dominicans bragged to me(online) that their culture and food is more "African" than AA's. I'm not trying to instigate, but just saying. Dominican culture/people is very African compared to other Hispanic groups. Which is why I have interest in Dominican culture. wink

Dominicans that deny their African ancestry? Where? do u know most Dominicans-American in the US are very ignorant of their history? & they think being Dominican is speaking Spanish, dancing Bachata & eating Mangu? so no, they do not "deny" maybe some would say" am not african" because they do not see themselves as "african" neither "european" they see themselves as Dominican, & many don't know that they have Afro ancestry because they have been brainwashed by the US the Hispanic is a "race".

LOL dude, the page you gave it look very weird & fuk up, it doesn't look like a reliable source when it claims that Ricans are 16% African when people can't even tell the difference between the diverse Dominican & Rican for the most part and always ask us if we are Rican or Dominican.

Again, ACCORDING TO THE PANAMA UNIVERSITY, the average Panamenian is 38.72% of genes from the genetic pool have an African origin, 35.87%, an Amerindian origin and 25.40%, a Caucasian origin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16737193

You can WATCH this Panamenian Parade in N.Y. & you can CLEARLY see that the majority look mostly of African descent..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDqtCCkTajc

( now i have TWO FACT, a reliable Static & a VIDEO)

Of course you won't heard it because Panamenians aren't a very know group & many aren't exposed to them. But yes, they are mostly of Afro descent, doesn't matter how recently or how old, they are factually mostly of Afro descent. & yes, you link look very weird, they didn't include the Native ancestry, and show a stupid word "oldword" like what does that even mean? I know alot about ancestry & genetics and i dont even know what they trying to inform with it. In fact you article claim that Trinidadians have 46% African & Dominican 44%?? are you kidding me?! that Trinidad people have the same amount of African ancestry as Dominicans? no, no ,no u most be kidding me.

Dude, you claim Dominicans have more African mixture than Brazilian is totally ridiculous, I am not ashamed of being of African descent, i just don't like when lies are being throw like nothing. Obviously Brazilians would have a higher African ancestry than anybody in the US.
Also remember, there are Dominicans who also score 80% European & more.

Yes, Dominicans have African influence like i said before, but you are exaggerating it right now, most of the Afro influence culture in Dominicans is mainly in our Music, after that, nothing else is African influence, in fact Dominicans have more a wide rage of Taino influence than African, i know this might sound ridiculous for you but i had done my research to know.. Here is a link.

READ this piece of important FACTUAL article..

Not Everyone Who Speaks Spanish is from Spain: Taíno Survival in the 21st Century Dominican Republic

http://anthropologistintheattic..com/2009/12/not-everyone-who-speaks-spanish-is-from.html

Dominicans in fact have more Taino Heritage influence than anything else.. the reason our Proud African heritage is more noticeable it's because of our Afro influence Music like our 3 Afro instruments: Bongos, Tamporas, Congas, after than, no so much influence we have..
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 5:27am On Mar 27, 2015
According to DNA-Tribe the average Dominican is estimate to be
59% European/Caucasian
35% African
6% Native American

ALSO

According to 23andMe the average Dominicans scored on average:
60% European
29% African
7% Taino Indian

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?authkey=CL2T54EF&hl=en_US&key=0At1sp4m_NTCLdHB4a2FZYXRxZnh0UzRfbzlTV2lXSWc&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

According to PLOS Genetic the average Cuban is estimate to be
72% European
20% African
8% Native American

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1004488

[img]http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article/figure/image?size=medium&id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pgen.1004488.g001[/img]

According to National Geographic GEO 2.0 the average PRican is estimate
64% European
25% African
11% Native American

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations/

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 5:38am On Mar 27, 2015
PUERTO RICANS
The Puerto Rican elite have always try their best to portray in the media Ricans as white looking as possible, despite their diversity & very high Afro ancestry.

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 5:48am On Mar 27, 2015
Now, average Spaniards..
am sure u will also claim these people have some admixture too.

[img]http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af18/oditous2/PTvsCAT1-.jpg~original[/img]

[img]http://www.onthepulse.es/sites/default/files/styles/node-detail/public/articles/spanish%20people.jpg[/img]

AVERAGE WHITE DOMINICANS......................................

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

U better calm down.

You liar, I never attacked your people I only asked you to post some dark skined men and you found that offensive and denied having dark skin Dominican which I knew was a lie. You were angry because I wanted to see the chocolate men. All they have to do is read through the thread to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
@yodanyrd no offense, but it seems the discussion of African influence whether genetic or cultural in Dominicans or other Latin Americans seems like a emotional/personal topic for you than an objective one, by the way your posts are coming off to me. Even putting words in my mouth. When I tried to be objective as possible(making it clear my experience does not equal fact) and civil. While both yours and Khia's discussion is not. Again to make it CLEARER. KidStranglehold DOES NOT care how Dominicans identify themselves.

yodanyrd:

Those are not individual tests, those are studies made in more than 300 to almost 1000 people.
Then why don't you bring up those tests here?
I don't NEED to bring up any tests. Because the various DNA articles your posted on Dominicans already proves my point. My point is different studies vary on admixture. Which your articles on Dominican autosomal DNA in the OP already indirectly showed that.

More importantly a RECENT PEER-REVIWED(unlike the ones you posted on Dominicans) study on Dominicans(and other Latino populations) estimated the African admixture in Dominicans to be higher. 41.8%:
[img]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3024022/bin/pnas.0914618107fig03.jpg[/img]

Population Structure. We applied the clustering algorithm FRAPPE to investigate genetic structure among Hispanic/Latino individuals using a merged data set with over 5,000 individuals with European, African, and Native American ancestry genotyped across 73,901 SNPs common to the Affymetrix 500K array and the Illumina 610-Quad panel (Materials and Methods). FRAPPE implements a maximum likelihood method to infer the genetic ancestry of each individual, where the individuals are assumed to have originated from K ancestral clusters (24). The plots for K = 3 and K = 7 are shown in Fig. 1 and for all other values of K in Fig. S1 K = 3. We observed clustering largely by Native American, African, and European ancestry, with the Hispanic/Latino populations showing genetic similarity with all of these populations. However, significant population differences exist, with the Dominicans and Puerto Ricans showing the highest levels of African ancestry (41.8% and 23.6% African, SDs 16% and 12%), whereas Mexicans and Ecuadorians show the lowest levels of African ancestry (5.6% and 7.3% African, SDs 2% and 5%) and the highest Native American ancestries (50.1% and 38.8% Native American, SDs 13% and 10%).
Source:
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/Supplement_2/8954.full.pdf

Again the most RECENT study on Dominicans.

Your article on Puerto Rican DNA by national Geographic is also an individual study. Because I remember reading NG estimated PR's African admixture at 20% and NOT 25% like the one you posted in the OP.
The average Puerto Rican individual carries 12% Native American, 65% West Eurasian (Mediterranean, Northern European and/or Middle Eastern) and 20% Sub-Saharan African DNA.
http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/07/25/genographic-project-dna-results-reveal-details-of-puerto-rican-history/

All I'm saying is that studies vary. NO ONE IS DENYING THE RESULTS YOU POSTED.

Your article on Cuban admixture by PLOS Genetic is in fact vaulable and no ones is denying the results. Its a RECENT study. You are correct that Cubans and not Puerto Ricans have the highest European admixture.

yodanyrd:

Dude, i showed you a link with a bunch of people, some of course were Mix, i did not said all were white, some of the one i posted were very White looking, beside the pictures you showed, are mostly Spanish from the North part, which many look almost Germanic.
I KNOW what you said. I just pointed out that some of the people in the pics you posted show obvious admixture.
These are from your own link:
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0031.jpg
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0106.jpg
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0016.jpg

IN MY OPINION they look like they have SLIGHT admixture and it would make sense since the DR is a heavily admixed country.

yodanyrd:

Most of the white i posted do not have obvious admixture, dude, u are confusing them bcs u think all white are suppose to look like ur average White Anglo American.
Please don't insult my intelligence. I know how Anglo Americans look like and Mediterraneans. I live in NY which has a big population of Mediterranean descent Europeans such as Italians. And again SOME of the people in your link looked like they had slight admixture. Plus I already showed you examples of Iberian Europeans from the Iberian peninsula. I really do not feel like getting into pic spam, but more examples.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Before_the_game_in_Plaza_del_Castillo,_Pamplona_1_(7609192244).jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13700000/Spaniards-celebrating-fifa-world-cup-south-africa-2010-13783902-400-229.jpg
http://navigators.web.unc.edu/files/2012/01/Claret-Kids-edit-620x300.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02264/Ecstatic_Spaniards_2264452a.jpg
http://www.sharatjaswal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/spain-euro2008-fans.jpg

^^^Those are Spanairds btw. SOME repeat SOME of the “White Dominicans” in the link you posted do not resemble the Spanairds I posted, because some look like they have slight admixture.

Some more from your link:
http://portal.bufeo.com/galleries/galleries/1443/#
It clearly depends on how you define “white”.

yodanyrd:

Dude, PR only receive few Irish, like some hundreds, they try to make it big in wikipedia ( am sure u read it from there) bcs they want to make it seem as if they are really 75% "white" when they aren't.

Um no I didn't read it from Wikipedia. Because I never even bought up the Puerto Rican demographic in the first place! LMAO! But even so the official CIA PR demographic lists the white population of PR at 75.8%!
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rq.html
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

Dude, stop claiming nonsense... "there are many" please.. don't even go there, i don't know why many Haitians love to claim that Dominicans have Haitian ancestry, i don't get it, Dominicans & Haitians never had a close contact until the late 1990's, before that, no Haitian would dare to cross the border, therefore Dominicans NEVER get Haitian blood. Now claiming Haitians have Dominicans ancestry is a bunch of crap lies..

LOL Dominicans mixing with Haitian common ? dont flatter urself... the only people Dominican would Mix with no problem are Puerto Ricans & some Cubans, after that, it's very rare.
Dude, sharing the same Island does not mean that people will be mixing like nothing, you know dam well how Haitians carry themselves & how Dominicans don't have a good view of ur people.
Before the 1990's Dominicans never had any contact with Haitians, this is a well Fact because Trujillo, Juan Bosh, Balaguer kept it that way for decades until we got a weak government controlled by the U.S. Clintons in the late 1990's.
Why Haitians LOVE to claim this lie & fallacy? i don't get it.. it won't make u ppl look any better..

Your bigotry seems to be showing. And here I thought Khia was perhaps being emotional in the discussion with you. The first sentence was a typo(I EVEN EDITED MY POST), I meant to say I was NOT talking about the island, but the here in the states. Proving it was a typo, I only talked about it occurring in my county.

Not only is your bigotry showing, but you continue to put words in my mouth. And also show your lack of readings skills. WHEN THE HELL DID I SAY Haitians and Dominicans were coming on a large scale. That seems to be your own paranoia. I said its COMMON HERE in MY repeat MY COUNTY. Your paranoia also tells you that the ridiculous thought that "Haitians love to claim Dominican ancestry", where the hell in my post did I indicate? Hell do you even live in the state of NY? My county and NY in general has a large Caribbean population(both english, french and spanish speaking), where they are bound to interact. In my HS Dominicans interacted with AA's, Puerto Ricans and Haitians.

I had many friends who were part Haitian/Dominican here in my county.Dominicans, Haitians and AA's always hung out and played basket ball together. Heck two semesters ago I had this chill Dominican dude who I hung out. He was cool and even bragged about when he went to his country he and his friends crossed over to Haiti. He seemed to see Haitians as brothers. But I'll admit he is JUST a individual. Not only that I MADE IT CLEAR THAT MY EXPERIENCE THAT NOT EQUAL EVERYONE'S EXPERIENCE. But your bigotry and paranoia did not want you to see that.

I also made it VERY clear(and we both agreed on it) that Dominicans from the states are vastly different from the ones on the island. You thinking that individual Dominicans have on monolithic thinking, especially the Americanized ones here in the states is flawed. By this post you seem to harbor some grudge against Haitians.

And lol at no contact between the two until the 90s. Ridiculous. There was movements going back and forth between the island prior to Trujillo. When Trujillo came along thats when their were hardly any immigration coming to the DR from Haiti. But there were prior to him, especially since the borders weren't that secure.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
yodanyrd:

Dominicans that deny their African ancestry? Where? do u know most Dominicans-American in the US are very ignorant of their history? & they think being Dominican is speaking Spanish, dancing Bachata & eating Mangu? so no, they do not "deny" maybe some would say" am not african" because they do not see themselves as "african" neither "european" they see themselves as Dominican, & many don't know that they have Afro ancestry because they have been brainwashed by the US the Hispanic is a "race".
Take that up with those AA's who make those claims, not me or Nairaland because we don't care. To honest Nairaland is a predominate African site, with most even living on the African continent. They hardly have any experience with Dominicans. It would be better taking this argument to a predominate AA site like this one.
http://www.thecoli.com/forums/

^^There are many Dominicans on that site btw.

yodanyrd:

LOL dude, the page you gave it look very weird & fuk up, it doesn't look like a reliable source when it claims that Ricans are 16% African when people can't even tell the difference between the diverse Dominican & Rican for the most part and always ask us if we are Rican or Dominican.

Again, ACCORDING TO THE PANAMA UNIVERSITY, the average Panamenian is 38.72% of genes from the genetic pool have an African origin, 35.87%, an Amerindian origin and 25.40%, a Caucasian origin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16737193
First of all I know that study and its dated. I actually seem people discussion and breaking it down on city-data forum.
At the time of the study was administered, there were only 9 provinces. Now there are 10. And they made a mistake in the geographical and territorial nomenclature of Colón province. "Costa Arriba" refers to all and any part of Colon province located EAST of Colon City and the Panama Canal. "Costa Abajo" refers to all and any part of Colón province located WEST of Colon City and the Panama Canal.

Also the Panama census from the CIA site:
mestizo (mixed Amerindian and white) 70%, Amerindian and mixed (West Indian) 14%, white 10%, Amerindian 6%
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pm.html

Your study is old. There was a recent one, but I can't find. Either way 41.8% is higher than 38.72%. wink

And if we want to go the route of studies being "weird" or not valid. DNAtribes and 23andMe are NOT PEER REVIEWED SOURCES, but PRIVATE DNA companies. smiley

yodanyrd:

You can WATCH this Panamenian Parade in N.Y. & you can CLEARLY see that the majority look mostly of African descent..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDqtCCkTajc

( now i have TWO FACT, a reliable Static & a VIDEO)
Two can play that game in the cherrypicking department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFIECzTxiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03fPsuJThM0

yodanyrd:

Of course you won't heard it because Panamenians aren't a very know group & many aren't exposed to them. But yes, they are mostly of Afro descent, doesn't matter how recently or how old, they are factually mostly of Afro descent. & yes, you link look very weird, they didn't include the Native ancestry, and show a stupid word "oldword" like what does that even mean? I know alot about ancestry & genetics and i dont even know what they trying to inform with it. In fact you article claim that Trinidadians have 46% African & Dominican 44%?? are you kidding me?! that Trinidad people have the same amount of African ancestry as Dominicans? no, no ,no u most be kidding me.
Um...Trinidad is a mixed country? And Panama is not most of Afro-Descent. Its a tri-racial country. Dominicans have more African ancestry than them based off the recent study I posted. And the article I posted mostly touches base on the European and African mixture.

yodanyrd:

Dude, you claim Dominicans have more African mixture than Brazilian is totally ridiculous, I am not ashamed of being of African descent, i just don't like when lies are being throw like nothing. Obviously Brazilians would have a higher African ancestry than anybody in the US.
Also remember, there are Dominicans who also score 80% European & more.
Aye... Here you go again putting words and my mouth and misinterpreting what I'm saying.

1. When did I say you were ashamed of being African descent?? Again STOP being paranoid.
2. Again you're talking about NUMBERS. I'm talking about freaking percents! Obvious there are MORE Brazilians of African descent since the Brazilian population is 10x of the DR. But when it comes to PERCENTS repeat PERCENTS, the African admixture in the DR is higher than that of Brazil.

Get what I'm saying?

yodanyrd:

Yes, Dominicans have African influence like i said before, but you are exaggerating it right now, most of the Afro influence culture in Dominicans is mainly in our Music, after that, nothing else is African influence, in fact Dominicans have more a wide rage of Taino influence than African, i know this might sound ridiculous for you but i had done my research to know.. Here is a link.
Music? So this the food and African based religions such as santeria. But I'm bot going to argue that.

yodanyrd:

READ this piece of important FACTUAL article..

Not Everyone Who Speaks Spanish is from Spain: Taíno Survival in the 21st Century Dominican Republic

http://anthropologistintheattic..com/2009/12/not-everyone-who-speaks-spanish-is-from.html

Dominicans in fact have more Taino Heritage influence than anything else.. the reason our Proud African heritage is more noticeable it's because of our Afro influence Music like our 3 Afro instruments: Bongos, Tamporas, Congas, after than, no so much influence we have..

The studies you posted seem to contradict the bolded. Also from studies posted it seems PR's have the most Taino ancestry. But I'm not arguing that and we can agree to disagree.

Anyways I'm done and I'll let you have this thread back. I feel its going to turn into a flame war, which I to be honest dont feel like being apart. Me personally never had any bad experiences with Dominicans, and many of them were chill friends. I dont care how they identify themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
come... why are you still arguing and debating? just let it go! haba... what is it with you black americans self!

khia:

You don't know anything about west cost people and I see that my post about the truth of you Dominicans *which I am starting to doubt that you are* struck a nerve with you because the truth hit home. You even had to check my profile to see where I was from because you know that I am telling the truth.
You can fool them but you can't fool me.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
And you Mr dominican... why are you allowing debates and arguments to burn up your own thread? your thread is derailing!

yodanyrd:

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
khia:

You liar, I never attacked your people I only asked you to post some dark skined men and you found that offensive and denied having dark skin Dominican which I knew was a lie. You were angry because I wanted to see the chocolate men. All they have to do is read through the thread to know the truth.
LMAO HAHAH " you found that offensive" LOL when did i found that offensive? it was your claim that Dominicans deny this or that.. i wasn't even angry.. in fact i was making fun of u.. grin grin
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
KidStranglehold:
@yodanyrd no offense, but it seems the discussion of African influence whether genetic or cultural in Dominicans or other Latin Americans seems like a emotional/personal topic for you than an objective one, by the way your posts are coming off to me. Even putting words in my mouth. When I tried to be objective as possible(making it clear my experience does not equal fact) and civil. While both yours and Khia's discussion is not. Again to make it CLEARER. KidStranglehold DOES NOT care how Dominicans identify themselves.

I don't NEED to bring up any tests. Because the various DNA articles your posted on Dominicans already proves my point. My point is different studies vary on admixture. Which your articles on Dominican autosomal DNA in the OP already indirectly showed that.

More importantly a RECENT PEER-REVIWED(unlike the ones you posted on Dominicans) study on Dominicans(and other Latino populations) estimated the African admixture in Dominicans to be higher. 41.8%:
[img]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3024022/bin/pnas.0914618107fig03.jpg[/img]

Source:
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/Supplement_2/8954.full.pdf

Again the most RECENT study on Dominicans.

Your article on Puerto Rican DNA by national Geographic is also an individual study. Because I remember reading NG estimated PR's African admixture at 20% and NOT 25% like the one you posted in the OP.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/07/25/genographic-project-dna-results-reveal-details-of-puerto-rican-history/

All I'm saying is that studies vary. NO ONE IS DENYING THE RESULTS YOU POSTED.

Your article on Cuban admixture by PLOS Genetic is in fact vaulable and no ones is denying the results. Its a RECENT study. You are correct that Cubans and not Puerto Ricans have the highest European admixture.

I KNOW what you said. I just pointed out that some of the people in the pics you posted show obvious admixture.
These are from your own link:
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0031.jpg
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0106.jpg
http://portal.bufeo.com/_storage/_data/2011/galleries/2405/thumbs/108x108_ACR90/Presidente_Claro_Barbarella_PAVDSC_0016.jpg

IN MY OPINION they look like they have SLIGHT admixture and it would make sense since the DR is a heavily admixed country.

Please don't insult my intelligence. I know how Anglo Americans look like and Mediterraneans. I live in NY which has a big population of Mediterranean descent Europeans such as Italians. And again SOME of the people in your link looked like they had slight admixture. Plus I already showed you examples of Iberian Europeans from the Iberian peninsula. I really do not feel like getting into pic spam, but more examples.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Before_the_game_in_Plaza_del_Castillo,_Pamplona_1_(7609192244).jpg
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/13700000/Spaniards-celebrating-fifa-world-cup-south-africa-2010-13783902-400-229.jpg
http://navigators.web.unc.edu/files/2012/01/Claret-Kids-edit-620x300.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02264/Ecstatic_Spaniards_2264452a.jpg
http://www.sharatjaswal.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/spain-euro2008-fans.jpg

^^^Those are Spanairds btw. SOME repeat SOME of the “White Dominicans” in the link you posted do not resemble the Spanairds I posted, because some look like they have slight admixture.

Some more from your link:
It clearly depends on how you define “white”.

Um no I didn't read it from Wikipedia. Because I never even bought up the Puerto Rican demographic in the first place! LMAO! But even so the official CIA PR demographic lists the white population of PR at 75.8%!
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rq.html

No offense but what got me this way is your claimed in your OWN TREAD that Dominicans have Haitian ancestry, you did not said it here, but it was in ur own other tread. It doesn't get me emotional that African influence on Latin America, so do not confused my reaction to your previews claim to AFrican influence in L.A.

That various article i posted proved my point that Dominicans have less African ancestry than Panamenian & of course we have more Afro ancestry than both Cuban & PR.
Dominicans and Puerto Ricans showing the highest levels of African ancestry (41.8% and 23.6% African, SDs 16% and 12%)

THANK YOUU, even your own PEER-REVIWED put Dominicans ancestry at 23% & that's lower than 38% Panamenian African ancestry.. thank u so much, even your own source back me up.

Dude, it does not matter how recent a study it, most studies about L.A. had been made in the last 5 to 2 years, so all studies are RECENT.

I do not understand when u say "Individual" do you mean ONE person?

The average Puerto Rican individual carries 12% Native American, 65% West Eurasian (Mediterranean, Northern European and/or Middle Eastern) and 20% Sub-Saharan African DNA.

65+20+12= 97 ?? & where is the rest of the 3% ? hmm i wonder if that 3% are part of the African component? making it 23% African ??

Yes, there are many studies made on L.A. the NG i posted is a reliable one which show that Ricans are 25% African. It's obvious.

So, why do you call them "white" & yet if i show you a pic of Manny Ramirez you will quick call him BLACK?? how come he is not view as "black" by you and many A.A. ??

Of course, SOME of the WHITE Dominicans i posted would look different because we are racially/phenotype CONSCIOUS but most people won't think twice before seeing them as Whites.

[img]
No offense but what got me this way is your claimed in your OWN TREAD that Dominicans have Haitian ancestry, you did not said it here, but it was in ur own other tread. It doesn't get me emotional that African influence on Latin America, so do not confused my reaction to your previews claim to AFrican influence in L.A.

That various article i posted proved my point that Dominicans have less African ancestry than Panamenian & of course we have more Afro ancestry than both Cuban & PR.
Dominicans and Puerto Ricans showing the highest levels of African ancestry (41.8% and 23.6% African, SDs 16% and 12%)

THANK YOUU, even your own PEER-REVIWED put Dominicans ancestry at 23% & that's lower than 38% Panamenian African ancestry.. thank u so much, even your own source back me up.

Dude, it does not matter how recent a study it, most studies about L.A. had been made in the last 5 to 2 years, so all studies are RECENT.

I do not understand when u say "Individual" do you mean ONE person?

65+20+12= 97 ?? & where is the rest of the 3% ? hmm i wonder if that 3% are part of the African component? making it 23% African ??

Yes, there are many studies made on L.A. the NG i posted is a reliable one which show that Ricans are 25% African. It's obvious.

So, why do you call them "white" & yet if i show you a pic of Manny Ramirez you will quick call him BLACK?? how come he is not view as "black" by you and many A.A. ??

Of course, SOME of the WHITE Dominicans i posted would look different because we are racially/phenotype CONSCIOUS but most people won't think twice before seeing them as Whites.

[img]http://navigators.web.unc.edu/files/2012/01/Claret-Kids-edit-620x300.jpg[/img]

Those Spaniards you posted look exactly like these White Dominicans i posted..
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2251683_festivalpresidentedsc0730_jpeg1c58e43233d9c2b284dd5aef95aa394b

Puerto Rican in the last Census 2010 mark themselves as 75% "white" this is where their source came from.. which is ridiculous.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
teeowl:
come... why are you still arguing and debating? just let it go! haba... what is it with you black americans self!

What is it with lame people like you? Take your questions to him and ask him why is he still arguing and debating with me?
If we are debating with each other what is it to you? I don't remember conversing with you. Just mind your own business and keep it moving.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
teeowl:
And you Mr dominican... why are you allowing debates and arguments to burn up your own thread? your thread is derailing!

Yeah bro, you are right, i won't argue with her no more, she is just bringing her home problems to me..
too bad my thread already derailing..
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
Exactly!

yodanyrd:

Yeah bro, you are right, i won't argue with her no more, she is just bringing her home problems to me..
too bad my thread already derailing..
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
Stereotypical aggressive behavior of black american women... throw insults as fast as lightning... always looking for fights and quarrels anywhere and everywhere they can get it... this is my last word to you.

khia:

What is it with [size=14pt]lame people[/size] like you? Take your questions to him and ask him why is he still arguing and debating with me?
If we are debating with each other what is it to you? I don't remember conversing with you. Just mind your own business and keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
teeowl:
Stereotypical aggressive behavior of black american women... throw insults as fast as lightning... this is my last word to you.

You insulted me first and then you thought I wouldn't insult you back. How LAME of you.
You said *what is it with you black Americans* *including a whole group* when it is only Kidstranger and myself responding, I decided not to include all Nigerians in my insult *generalising* so I took it to the lame person who insulted me, no generalising like you did.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2015
@yodanyrd:

Just to clear somethings out before I'm done with this thread

No offense but what got me this way is your claimed in your OWN TREAD that Dominicans have Haitian ancestry, you did not said it here

If your talking about the beauty thread. I said its not taboo for Dominicans to have Haitian ancestry or vice verse due to CLOSE PROMXITY. Which in no way is an over-exaggeration. I didnt say it was COMMON on the island. Or that every Dominican has Haitian ancestry or vice versa which is not true. BUT to deny the close proximity(which you were kinda doing in this thread) is insane imo.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
WHAT!? Nice try buddy. But 23% is PUERTO RICAN, while 41.8% is for Dominicans. Come on… You're going to deny the results in front of you?

The rest of your post I really don't care and we can agree to disagree on. Because I don't want to ruin your topic.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
what is it with you black Americans is NOT an insult.
what is it with you Nigerians is NOT an insult.
what is it with you German people is NOT an insult.
what is it with you British people is NOT an insult.
what is it with you Africans is NOT an insult.

These are questions, a polite person would see it for what it is - a question!

An aggressive person would always read meaning into any and every statement to start a fight, quarrel or debate.

If someone told me what is with you Nigerians, I would not take it as an insult neither would I insult the person.

Example of insults are:

* you are s*tup.id
* you are f*oo.l.ish
* you are insane
* you are a monkey
* you are a baboon
[size=14pt]* what is it with lame people like you[/size]
[size=14pt]* How LAME of you[/size]

Now those are insults.

EOD!

khia:

You insulted me first and then you thought I wouldn't insult you back. How LAME of you.
You said *what is it with you black Americans* *including a whole group* when it is only Kidstranger and myself responding, I decided not to include all Nigerians in my insult *generalising* so I took it to the lame person who insulted me, no generalising like you did.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 4:03am On Mar 28, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Take that up with those AA's who make those claims, not me or Nairaland because we don't care. To honest Nairaland is a predominate African site, with most even living on the African continent. They hardly have any experience with Dominicans. It would be better taking this argument to a predominate AA site like this one.
http://www.thecoli.com/forums/

^^There are many Dominicans on that site btw.

First of all I know that study and its dated. I actually seem people discussion and breaking it down on city-data forum.
At the time of the study was administered, there were only 9 provinces. Now there are 10. And they made a mistake in the geographical and territorial nomenclature of Colón province. "Costa Arriba" refers to all and any part of Colon province located EAST of Colon City and the Panama Canal. "Costa Abajo" refers to all and any part of Colón province located WEST of Colon City and the Panama Canal.

Also the Panama census from the CIA site:
mestizo (mixed Amerindian and white) 70%, Amerindian and mixed (West Indian) 14%, white 10%, Amerindian 6%
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pm.html

Your study is old. There was a recent one, but I can't find. Either way 41.8% is higher than 38.72%. wink

And if we want to go the route of studies being "weird" or not valid. DNAtribes and 23andMe are NOT PEER REVIEWED SOURCES, but PRIVATE DNA companies. smiley

Two can play that game in the cherrypicking department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwFIECzTxiM

Um...Trinidad is a mixed country? And Panama is not most of Afro-Descent. Its a tri-racial country. Dominicans have more African ancestry than them based off the recent study I posted. And the article I posted mostly touches base on the European and African mixture.

Aye... Here you go again putting words and my mouth and misinterpreting what I'm saying.

1. When did I say you were ashamed of being African descent?? Again STOP being paranoid.
2. Again you're talking about NUMBERS. I'm talking about freaking percents! Obvious there are MORE Brazilians of African descent since the Brazilian population is 10x of the DR. But when it comes to PERCENTS repeat PERCENTS, the African admixture in the DR is higher than that of Brazil.

Get what I'm saying?

Music? So this the food and African based religions such as santeria. But I'm bot going to argue that.

The studies you posted seem to contradict the bolded. Also from studies posted it seems PR's have the most Taino ancestry. But I'm not arguing that and we can agree to disagree.

Anyways I'm done and I'll let you have this thread back. I feel its going to turn into a flame war, which I to be honest dont feel like being apart. Me personally never had any bad experiences with Dominicans, and many of them were chill friends. I dont care how they identify themselves.

Yeah i been in thecoli forums and they are full of Anti-Dominicans A.A. & Haitians who would take any chance to talk ish about us.
yeah there are some Dominicans but most don't know how to defend our people without agreeing with everything A.A. say.

Yeah i have an account in city-date & also biodiversity, a least those forums aren't predominately full of anti Dominicans bashes thanks to the moderators.

Dude, you are trying to invalided those facts because of some confusion of cities? LOL you most be joking right now, it doesn't take the fact that those are factually evidence.
You actually took those claims from another forum where i actually read the same thing u just said but still it doesn't take the fact that those are FACTS that Panamenians on average are mostly of African descent.

My study is actually NOT old and LET'S SUPPOSE that it's old... WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE ? THEY ARE STILL STUDIES that were made on Panamenians, but they are still recent studies, even thought it doesn't matter if they are old or new, i don't know why someone would discredit them bcs they think they are "old".

Dude, did you know that in Panama Mestizo refer to any mixture ? dude, you ALREADY know it, but you want to pretend you know because u think am dumb.. grin grin grin In Panama Mestizo mean any mixture because Mestizo in English LITERALLY mean "Mixture" so 70% of Panamenians are in fact Tri-racials but they refer to their mixture as "Mestizos".

Either way 38% is higher than 35% wink wink

HMM all studies are PRIVATE DNA companies, so i don't know what are you talking about... grin grin

REALLY dude, did you just posted a AMERICANS-CANADIANS SPRING BREAK trying to FOOL me into thinking they are Panamenians? LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin grin grin

& THEN on top of that, you posted a old as 1949 video full of Americans who were living in Panama ?

And Panama is not most of Afro-Descent. Its a tri-racial country. Dominicans have more African ancestry than them based off the recent study I posted. And the article I posted mostly touches base on the European and African mixture.

Hmm yeah Panama is a Tri-racial country with a higher African ancestry, i don't get it, Why do you wanna be in denial? why is so important for you to show that Panamenians are less African than Dominicans? LOl Because you don't wanna be seem as a loser? it's okay dude, u can accept the fact & move on.

What recent study? cuz if u still talking about the crappy website you gave me, it's ridiculous & doesn't look reliable, while i gave you TREEE sources where they say Dominicans are 35% Afro ancestry on average while i gave you another RELIABLE source where Panamenians are 38%.

Beside the FACT that I posted a UNADULTERATED RELIABLE VIDEO
of 222222222222222222222222 HOURS.. yes TWWWWWWWO hour video where you can see a bunch of Panamenians and most of the people who are here and watch it, they will TELL IN A HEART BEAT that most people look mostly of African descent.. which is what important for me..

But when it comes to PERCENTS repeat PERCENTS, the African admixture in the DR is higher than that of Brazil.

Dude, do you know there are some 30 million to 70 Million Brazilians who can be on average 45% African? so you CANNOT compare the DR with Brazil in both Percent & Population wise.. it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Dude, you already fuk up my thread, it's what ever any way.. don't care..
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by yodanyrd: 4:06am On Mar 28, 2015
teeowl:
Stereotypical aggressive behavior of black american women... throw insults as fast as lightning... always looking for fights and quarrels anywhere and everywhere they can get it... this is my last word to you.

That's typical of some of them women.. i swear.. but it's w.e. don't mind her, she looking for attention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Ooni Of Ife Oba Ogunwusi Finally Marries Fourth Wife, Set To Marry 5th(pictures) / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 263
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.