Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota (1286 Views)

Man’s Manhood Reduces At Idumota Market After Giving Directions To Stranger. / Hausa Man's Manhood Reduces At Idumota Market Lagos (Photos) / My Experience On Carter Bridge Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by haryurmide(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2015
This is the story of what happened to me at Idumota Lagos on 18th March and am posting this so others can learn from my 'foolishness-in-style'

I was at the popular market called Eko to get some things and on my way out around past 1 of the sunny day, a guy with some green cards approached me and told me to receive one of it of which i objected initially but his persistence that 'it was free' made me collect and mark 5 numbers as required. Then after that i was told i won a generator for free and i will have to use 3k to receive the gift or i demand that it is converted to monetary sum of 48k with the sum of 1k. Mind you not so long i colllected the card from the guy someone had appeared and was told he won an 'electric iron' and he decided to take money instead of the gift( not knowing he was part of them ooo). On seeing him pay 1k to collect 3k i took it for real. Inshort i had to go to the atm to withdraw money so i can collect my money. Immediately i gave him 1k i felt skales fell off my eyes.The guy went on to say the 1k i gave him was for the card and that i will need to give 8k before i can collect the money. I told him to remove that from the amount to be given and give me the change but he said they work differently. Then i knew have been scammed. I told him to free me but he insisted i should believe him cos they are govt approved (armed policemen were there).

This is my experience! Kindly inform others around you and if this can get to the state govt (for proactive actions) it will be good.

Op, please put this on fp for n/lers.

NB: Care less on the grammatical construction and errors there-in. No time to proofread.
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by MKO4ever(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2015
MY GUY, E BE LIKE SAY YOU JUST DEY ENTER LAGOS. ALWAYS SHINE YA EYES WELL WELL OOO, THIS PATTERN DON TEY, NOR BE TODAY
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by odimbannamdi(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2015
this is really funny. op, how could u allow yourself to be bamboozled like that. well, we thank GOD its just 1k and nothing more. no free money in freetown ooo
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by Obipat(m): 11:32am On Mar 19, 2015
U would have given them the 8k, F up big time
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by phemmyutd(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
i have fell into such scam b4. they collected my N500
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by debetmx(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
People will never learn.

Which lotto is free? The annoying thing is other people will still fall victim.

Person wey go scam me go try gan.
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by tessylove2(f): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
Things are happening God help us all.
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by degezal(m): 8:10am On Mar 20, 2015
'tis well.
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by pretydiva(f): 8:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Awoof dey run belle. Dis is a lesson 2 all
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by ghadaffi2000(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
Those guys actually followed me to the atm to collect money. When I realized I was being scammed, they threatened to beat me up. I had no choice than to let go my 5k. BTW was told I won a home theater
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by PurestBoy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2015
ghadaffi2000:
Those guys actually followed me to the atm to collect money. When I realized I was being scammed, they threatened to beat me up. I had no choice than to let go my 5k. BTW was told I won a home theater

Big time mugu but thank God say na 1K sha
Re: Scam Experience On 18th March At Idumota by KceeK: 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Oh Nigeria.... Where are we heading to in this Country? I fell for this scam likewise...

(1) (Reply)

Teenage Lovers Found Die Mysteriously After Attending Vigil / Thief Caught In Ikot-ekpene Beaten Thoroughly, Rescued By Police(photos) / See The Guys Who Abducted The Lagos School Girls (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.