Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? (1047 Views)

The Wedding Gown Worn By A Lord's Chosen Bride (Photos) / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / The Lord Chosen Church Takes Praise And Worship To An Acrobatic Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by despeakableme: 10:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Dear n'landers..
This issue has been really bothering me since this year.
I live in enugu state. I've been livinf here for five years now. There's this Chosen Church that just moved in behind my house last year. At first I was okay with it because am not in a position to stop people from worshipping their God. But now, its like they just want to frustrate me. Since this year, every Wednesday night, they hold night vigils. With their speakers at max and their voices (I'm sorry to say their voices are terrible) screaming into d microphone keeps me awake half the night.
The annoying thing is that they do not have upto fifty (50) attendees.
I've been waking up on thursday mornings with a headache. I don't know what to do about this. My neighbors are also complaining but mine seems worse. I don't know what I can do to these people.
Please I need your suggestions.
And I don't intend to burn the church.... But am seriously considering it.
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by Gold45(f): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2015
You and ur neighbours should come together and go meet the church leaders and explain politely and suggest that they move away their speakers from facing your building if they don't, visit them again and remind them that they haven't worked on what you discussed, if they still dont, contribute money and buy your own bigger speaker and face it there then whenever they start their service start ur own muisic and play all the shoki and alhaji tracks u have.

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by Sparkle777(f): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Four alternatives. Meet and talk with the pastor gently. Report to Police or Environmental Agency Board. Join the church. Park out. Lemme add jara, buy ear plugs cheesy.
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by zizazizu: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2015
I had to work at a site in Jos overnight recently and the church is positioned in front of the site. They held service till daybreak with 90percent of the time spent singing somekain songs like ds. Mehn, I bin tire. After we investigated them, there were not more than 10peeps in that particular church but the noise they generated throughout the night? Phew!

I can only imagine how u r experiencing them weekly. I for don block d church pastorr tay tay.
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by sunnshyn(f): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2015
Why don't you stand up during this vigil times and pray with them from your house or worship with them if you like...!?

You'll see it wouldn't be such a bother anymore.
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by despeakableme: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gold45:
You and ur neighbours should come together and go meet the church leaders and explain politely and suggest that they move away their speakers from facing your building if they don't, visit them again and remind them that they haven't worked on what you discussed, if they still dont, contribute money and buy your own bigger speaker and face it there then whenever they start their service start ur own muisic and play all the shoki and alhaji tracks u have.

Really, Thanks a lot.
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by despeakableme: 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sparkle777:
Four alternatives. Meet and talk with the pastor gently. Report to Police or Environmental Agency Board. Join the church. Park out. Lemme add jara, buy ear plugs cheesy.

Thanks.. But sleeping with ear plugs? How do I know when the cock crows? wink
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by Sparkle777(f): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
despeakableme:

Thanks.. But sleeping with ear plugs? How do I know when the cock crows? wink

Use ur fone, put it on vibrate. The vibratn wil awaken u.
I feel for u,theres a Redeem Church close to my house,when they hold dia vigils. No sleep for us, I kukuma join dem in prayers. Dem witches n wizard plenty. So I harbor no much bitterness towards dem smiley
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by Gold45(f): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2015
despeakableme:

Really, Thanks a lot.

You are welcome dear
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by paulGrundy(m): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
Gold45:

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do I Do About This "The Lord's Chosen" Congregation? by paulGrundy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
sunnshyn:
Why don't you stand up during this vigil times and pray with them from your house or worship with them if you like...!?

You'll see it wouldn't be such a bother anymore.

Easy for you to say because you are not in his shoes. I perfectly understand what he is going through.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Brothers, What Is The Ethical Solution For The Pregnant Chibok Girls? / Is It Right For A Man Of God To Lie Just To Motivate The Faith Of Someone / SHOCKING- A Group Unveils A Bronze Staute In Detroit, Paying Tribute To Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.