Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon (2681 Views)

What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Jupiter Moon Ganymede Could Have Ocean With More Water Than Earth / What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
dabosuker:
we can argue here as long as it is constructive, no name calling, respect the other man, but lets also not change the thread o.
Now am a christian , but seriously that book (Bible) must have been written by ignorant men, pay attention to it, but not too much attention. e.g when you see heavens in the bible, it means skyyyyyyyyy o.the heavens meant the sky.
Yes God must be ET. confirmed! he is not of the earth. rockets & space shuttles may have been miss understood & called chariots of fire. (think about it). imagine john seeing a rocket blasting off with fumes & flames & all that trembling like we experience to day in any given runway or airfield. those folks miss understood.
when ever NASA is ready to drop humans on mars i would want to volunteer, i wont be able to tell what sort of experience it would be to look back at earth from space or walk the dusty rocks of the red planet, chai! it would give a whole new perspective to life. that brings me to religion once again,.........The Vatican came out in 2008 through the chief scientist of the Vatican observatory say they would be open to the existence of ETs, that the existence of ETs, should not conflict with the beleive in God. if you ask me , that was a smart move, because whether we like it or not, the presence of ETs or evidence of life or life existence else apart from earth would question & do damage to religion , and the Vatican city no that in their minds & they also know it wont be long before NASA or some other group or body makes an announcement especially with the increased progress in exploration .
And yes i beleive in UFOs too, i beleive we have been visited in past & those visitations are still happenening. grin

if really all you said is true (tho i dont believe them but let me take on the discussion from your view)

If this god god they yarp about is an extra-terrestrial, or chariots of fire are rockets and all that, it means that you are not dealing with any omni-scient all powerful being or beings here but just a bunch of other intelligent life forms... lol this is mormonism and scientology that claims god is an ET.

While other religions claim it is spirit that exist outside space and time.. Theism is really funny...

Anyway bro Mission Mars one is not until 2025 so i guess you can still make it to mars.

About finding extra-terrestrial am sure humans are THIS close and when that happens, Hhmmm belief in gods and religion will be severed badly..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by dabosuker(m): 1:46am On Mar 22, 2015
i once told someone that i would be willing to volunteer to hit the red planet , even if i might not be able to return . the experience alone would be off course out of this world grin...reporting back to the ISS or NASA on the findings on the red planet instead of using rovers/probes..
in fact back then i wanted to study astronomy , but since that was not available in Nigeria universities, & daddy wasn't sending me abroad, i settled to the closest i could find to get me out of earth...GEOLOGY...that way i could easily become a planetary geologist and pursue those thoughts in my head smiley smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by johnydon22(m): 6:09am On Mar 22, 2015
dabosuker:
i once told someone that i would be willing to volunteer to hit the red planet , even if i might not be able to return . the experience alone would be off course out of this world grin...reporting back to the ISS or NASA on the findings on the red planet instead of using rovers/probes..
in fact back then i wanted to study astronomy , but since that was not available in Nigeria universities, & daddy wasn't sending me abroad, i settled to the closest i could find to get me out of earth...GEOLOGY...that way i could easily become a planetary geologist and pursue those thoughts in my head smiley smiley
bro google search Mars One, enter their website and see if their is anything you can find.. who knows you might still get to go to the red planet by 2025 smiley
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by stylochime: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
I See That We Ar Still Tryin To Separate Science From Religion
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by davien(m): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
I'm of the opinion that life in the universe can and will happen in other worlds provided the conditions are met.

As a big fan of sci-fi shows I often wonder what an extraterrestrial would look like and if they're to be "intelligent" would they be in any way similar to us or far off our level of thinking... then again, are there other aspects of being intelligent?

You could say an intelligent creature manipulates it's environment to further it's chances of survival, but bacteria and even non-living things do that..

You could say an intelligent creature would possess the capability of decision making but robots and even dna does that without being as "alive" as we want them to be..

Life is weird, it's a mystery and at first glance appears to be a contradiction to the universe, until one understands that the universe works by its own rules which change through the course of time and permit extraordinary things to exist,like life.
Re: Signs Of Water In Jupiter's Moon by ValentineMary(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
Guess am late. But let me drop my comment. I strongly believe there is life outside earth ever since we discovered amino acid on astroids. Pls notr that amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Also, Titan which is Saturn's moon holds prospects of having light, also Europa is another candidate. But my best candidate is Kepler 186f (earth 2.0) which has the right diatance from it's star just like earth and has rocks that shows that it might have water.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Internet Service Providers ISP Cheat Cyber Cafe Owners / 3 Million Dollars Inside A Bulletproof Glass At The Busstop / How To Recover Your MMC Password With X-plore In Symbian Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.