Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! (1422 Views)

Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / How To Watch Videos And Surf The Web Without Using A Lot Of Data / My Whatsapp Is Currently Down. Could It Be What I'm Thinking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Our ever lovely Whatsapp is now available on the Web. Please read along...

To provide you with a richer communication experience, WhatsApp is now accessible both on your phone and your computer. WhatsApp Web is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are fully synced between your phone and your computer, and you can see all messages on both devices. Any action you take on the phone will apply to WhatsApp Web and vice versa. At this time, WhatsApp Web is available only for Android, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 Single SIM EVO, BlackBerry and BB10 smartphones.

WhatsApp Web is not another WhatsApp account. When you use WhatsApp on your computer and your phone, you are simply accessing the same account on these two devices.

There are a few minimum requirements to enjoy WhatsApp Web:

You need to have an active WhatsApp account on your phone.
You need to have a stable internet connection on both your phone and your computer.
You need to use the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera as your web browser.
To get started with WhatsApp Web you must first pair your phone and computer:

Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
Open WhatsApp on your phone and go to Menu > WhatsApp Web.
Scan the QR Code on your computer.
From your phone, navigate to WhatsApp Web to view your Logged in computers or to logout from an active WhatsApp Web session.

Culled from http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/web/28080003

Photo credit: Me, i had to erase my contact details.

My personal experience on the new whatsapp web;

1. All your chats on the web app will appear on your phone (for those of you that want to be hiding chats tongue sorry you cant)

2. Once your phone goes out of data coverage, your whatsapp web will not work.

3. Once you delete a chat from whatsapp web, it gets deleted from your phone immediately.

4. The only interesting part for me is the QRcode scan where you will be required to use your whatsapp on your phone to scan the QR on your computer screen and whazzzam... you get logged in immediately. cheesy

5. Please also note that you need the latest update of whatsapp on your phone before you can use web. The recent version has whatsapp web under "settings" menu

Enjoy!!!

Re: Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by alienvirus: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks
Re: Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
alienvirus:
Thanks

You are welcome. Give it a try...
Re: Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by dragnet: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Still having to make sure both devices are connected to the internet is still a drawback. Why can't I simply access my whatsapp account when my phone is not functioning or out of reach?
Re: Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Cool
Re: Whatsapp Web: Whatsapp Is Now Available On The Web!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Exactly, I am drawn back by this alone. Why have both devices to be synced before i can chat. At least if they had made it such that i can chat on web and when my phone is connected to the internet, then the messages can sync.

well i hope they will modify this and come with something more appealing.

dragnet:
Still having to make sure both devices are connected to the internet is still a drawback. Why can't I simply access my whatsapp account when my phone is not functioning or out of reach?

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Unveils 3-in-1 SIM Card / We Have Lifted The Restrictions On All Our Firmware Downloads / Who Has Experienced The Lenovo A5000 Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.