Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:58 PM

Developing Future Business Leaders V Enterpreneurship In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Developing Future Business Leaders V Enterpreneurship In Nigeria (527 Views)

Ogun Labour Leaders address workers from bush for fear of thugs / Enterpreneurship Partnership Program / Chemical Enterpreneurship! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Developing Future Business Leaders V Enterpreneurship In Nigeria by ttmacoy: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
As some of you may be aware, Thidjane Tiam from Ivory Coast was recently named the CEO of Credit Suisse and I saw this write up by Strive Masiyiwa about the ne d to develop future professional business managers and leaders and not just focus on enterpreneurship which seems to be the in thing now.

I've noticed this trend on nairaland where people are always adviced to set up a business instead of e.g. Further studies or advising people to go into business rather than pursue careers.

My issue with this advice is most of this so called entrepreneurs are buyers and sellers and not exactly entrepreneurs. At the most they may make some money but they do not build lasting institutions and create wealth for others.

There is a thread where someone was asking about going to Harvard for his MBA and the general consensus was it was a waste of money and the money should be us do for business. No mention of the fact that many businesses fail within 1-3 years and it just smacks of a small minded impatient approach where we want it now now.

What are your thoughts on this?

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everyone / Bluegreenberry - Dream-job Aptitude Test Interview Made Easy - Secret Exposed / When Your Co-worker Slaps You; Actions And Reactions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.