Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland (1078 Views)

Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech / Science Section LIBRARY / Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by johnydon22(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2015
I can't help but notice that the science section is one of the most declining and ignored section in nairaland.

All we see is numerous adverts here even when [colour=red]Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned.[/colour] is written in bold red letter...

but sadly no science inclined topics are being raised all we see is buy solar panel, phone data and some useless stuffs.

The few scientific inclined threads here gets no or little attention and none ever makes it to the front page riddled with sai buhari and gej 2019

Seun please we need this addressed, scientific threads needs to be given the supposed attention, many people here need those informations and knowledge in science which really seems waning in nairaland.. Thanks boss

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by Feraz(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnydon22:
I can't help but notice that the science section is one of the most declining and ignored section in nairaland.

All we see is numerous adverts here even when [colour=red]Please do not post adverts in this section, to avoid being banned.[/colour] is written in bold red letter...

but sadly no science inclined topics are being raised all we see is buy solar panel, phone data and some useless stuffs.

The few scientific inclined threads here gets no or little attention and none ever makes it to the front page riddled with sai buhari and gej 2019

Seun please we need this addressed, scientific threads needs to be given the supposed attention, many people here need those informations and knowledge in science which really seems waning in nairaland.. Thanks boss
Thank you. I wonder what stops them from bringing many of the threads here to the FP.

It baffles me when useless topics like "See what she wore to the blah blah awards" or "Who rocked it better?" make FP to the detriment of topics like "Students in Singapore design and print out a 3D car"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by johnydon22(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
Feraz:
Thank you. I wonder what stops them from bringing many of the threads here to the FP.

Its saddening bro and when you hear most nairalanders yap about science, you just shake your head and move on..
Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by Feraz(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Its saddening bro and when you hear most nairalanders yap about science, you just shake your head and move on..
Very very sad!! cry cry
Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by johnydon22(m): 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
Feraz:
Very very sad!! cry cry
do not despair bro.. it is well smiley

meanwhile in science the satellite Dawn is now in orbit round the mini planet Ceres.. the only mini planet that is inside the solar system (asteroid belt) ls and not a trans-neptunian planet.

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
so sad, our people are living in the mental prison of persian religions

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by kemiola89(f): 10:03am On Mar 21, 2015
I think It has something to do with the moderators of this section. They are not scientifically inclined, any science minded person would know which topic is science related and which is not... You just get to see so many thrash thread on this section.

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by johnydon22(m): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2015
kemiola89:
I think It has something to do with the moderators of this section. They are not scientifically inclined, any science minded person would know which topic is science related and which is not...

Don't just know... it just tires me out honestly.
Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by Dekatron(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2015
That is NIGERIA/NIGERIANS for you. They would subscribe to see maheeda's nude, but not the MARS ROVER.

I AM AN UNDERGRADUATE, AND ON CAMPUS, ANY TIME A COMPANY COMES TO CAMPUS TO DO RAFFLE/GIVE GIFTS, ALL THEY DO IS ; BEAUTY PEAGENT,RAP BATTLES,EATING COMPETITIONS, COMEDY ETC.

ETISALAT CAME. GUESS HIW MUCH THEY GIVE A DUDE THAT DID SOME CRAY RAPS : #50,000 CASH. yet I SAW/KNOW A DUDE: HE PROGRAMMES ANYWHERE, PROVIDED HE COULD PLUG HIS LAPTOP. I cry when i see this. IT WAS ONLY AIRTEL that did SCIENCE EXHIBITION, AND I WAS OVER HAPPY. AS IN, I EVEN SKIPPED LECTURES TO WATCH.

Why do you think that ENTERTAINMENT THRIVE IN OUR BELOVED COUNTRY? COS WE REWRD WRONG THINGS. IF AN ENGINEERING GUY/ MATHEMATICS STUDENT THAT SPENDS HOUR IN LAB, WORKING, DERIVING FORMULAS - ---- FOURIER SERIES, LASER CUTTING, FLUID MECHANICS_________ WAS GIVEN THE #50,000, wont others wanna win too?? Thereby, forcing themselves to work? I weep.

Seun, i have a challenge. Instead of rewarding ONLY software/programming, why not organize HARDWARE/ MATHEMATICS COMPETITIONS? THis would encourage people that are working hard. Not only CODING does it all, you know?? I have always held u in high esteem, and extreme respect, pls dont ignore. Please, please and please, do something.
Thanks, everybody

Cc: seun.

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by sonickay(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnydon22:

good observation bro, many atimes like this, I visit the science section to see if I can pick on something new. Alas! I am always disappointed with the various desecration of this section with technology adverts which even the sellers know nothing about how it works or can give a theoretical operation about.
It seems you are endeared to science and the DIY of how things work and should be developed as me. I will follow and pm you bro, let's see if we can collabo on this science section, contribute our quota and make every young nigerian gain, learn and put their brain chipset into work and do unimaginable things.
There is knowledge to gain and use from the global world. If some people. who with little resources have the knowledge and technical know-how, they can empower people who have the resources to realise their potentials in science and technology rather than allow the knowledge to die with them.

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by johnydon22(m): 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
sonickay:
good observation bro, many atimes like this, I visit the science section to see if I can pick on something new. Alas! I am always disappointed with the various desecration of this section with technology adverts which even the sellers know nothing about how it works or can give a theoretical operation about.
It seems you are endeared to science and the DIY of how things work and should be developed as me. I will follow and pm you bro, let's see if we can collabo on this science section, contribute our quota and make every young nigerian gain, learn and put their brain chipset into work and do unimaginable things.
There is knowledge to gain and use from the global world. If some people. who with little resources have the knowledge and technical know-how, they can empower people who have the resources to realise their potentials in science and technology rather than allow the knowledge to die with them.
exactly my brother smiley
Re: The Decline Of Science Section In Nairaland by Blakjewelry(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
I raised a similar thread before it was closed by the mod. Although the mod is partly to be blamed, I think we the science folks is largely to blame. One we hardly put up science incline thread and when we do, we the science minded folks hardly comments or try to keep the going.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please I Need Your Help My Phone Is Misbehaving / Justify Ten Thousand Naira MTN Gift (pictures) / Unlimited Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.