Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? (33064 Views)

"How To Know When Someone Is More Intelligent Than You" by UnoDiscuss.com / No, Science Students Are Not More Intelligent Than Art Students / Are Engineering Students Really More Intelligent Than Medical Students? (picx) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Omooba77: 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
The truth is that Science students are more briliant,but on the long run Arts students become MD,HR managers that determines your earnings..
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by KingTom(m): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Missmossy:

Eeyah, your dad didn't try oo. Your dream choice of career really matters a lot. So you have no sparks for medicine right?
I have sparks for women so now I'm a Gynecologist. I now thank Baba Aworinde my Ijebu Warrior father for giving me this opportunity grin

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by fidnas(f): 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
menix:

Wat u jst mentioned re todays tech.

Electricity, the guns, ships etc where discoveries b4 our great great grand fathers when there was nofin lik art nd science students.

Jst lik i said earlier, High IQ is not based on u being an Art or science student...

intelligence and creativity are two distinct qualities and some theories believe there's a relationship btw both. A science student is more likely to show intelligence than creativity because learning is repetitive with little top ups once in a while. there's repetition of theories n formula passed from one generation to another. that does not mean that science students cannot be creative as well. hence the tech innovations, new formula etc. This also does not mean students in arts classes aren't intelligent. knowledge is passed but arts classes are more prone to allowing new ideas. hence d much creativity here.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Davivah: 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2015
Yes, they think wide bf solving problems esp maths whc i think its for people of high I.Q, and as u all know most art stds donot like solving mathematics

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by cluksy(m): 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2015
BIG THANKS to OUR OMNISCIENCE GOD.
#Respect2Science

also
#respect2doctors

Then
#UnaTry2others

Guys,
The truth is, the growth of civilisation has always depended on the advances of science, technology and engineering.

Therefore, ya'all others have to show lots of respect and stop the sarcastic comparison.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by frank950(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
What's d essence of dis inconsequential assertion? We should channel our time in something constructive for d betterment of our country.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Estellar: 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
Missmossy:

That was a mistake on my part but it gives you no room to quote me. U're science student i say in response grin Do you speak English as a first or second Language? Work on yourself first before you see any flaw in anyone.
Does it matter if i speak English as my 1st or 2nd language? learn to understand d topic of discussion before posting comment. Point of correction, wasn't picking any flaws on ur part cos i'm not perfect either. Have a beautiful night rest
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Martinex12(m): 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
Man intellect increases wit determinatio n hardwrk..........and 4rm onset d science stdents are always d serious minded set of scholars n tere hardwrk pays because dey re super fast in rationality!
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
*My Candid View* —featuring PrOton

How many Art's or commercial Student's got the funny and pitiful look like the one gotten by anyone who told someone he is going to the Sciences?

How difficult is it to adapt to the ways of being a Science student relative to the humanities?

In the Sciences you can't use an Idea for something you don't know @All. I as a science student have written and passed Government, questions like when was Lyttleton's constitution promulgated, Prime minister of Britain, Systems of Government.

Do you have an Idea of the amount of constants you have to have upstairs ranging from Boltzmann's constant to mass of a PrOton(winks).

How diificult the concepts are in the Science class...

In the Arts you only deal with dates which can be easily coded with events which happened within that time range, lengthy definitions, Merit, demerits e.t.c

While in commercial(Market people), you only do "Balance brought down, balance carried up, debit, credit, fiscal policy, departmental account, liquidation e.t.c". All which you can easily wrap your brain about.in Economics, TCP, ACP, Net Profit e.t.c.

A dunce from the Sciences can come to the Humanities and boss you guys around, ain't that true?

Missmossy...Ukeachu1...banjeezay...menix. Tell me something I don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by marinxxx(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
i would take this arguement anywhere and by the way u can quote me anywhere no science stud is smarter than me in this room fact....a science student can mix a +b and u get c but as an art student ah can create with mah imaginations to make u cry,laugh give u hope and keep u in suspense tell me a chemical or machine able to do that....unrelated newsfollow me on twitter......@i_am_marinx
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Joshkid(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Missmossy:
No, science students aint more intelligent than art students. An average art student is still okay in the arts discipline but once you aint exceptionally bright in sciences you are just there grin
undecided
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by successky: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2015
Science students are not more intelligent than art students. That's a very crazy mentality. The thing there is that it all depends on what a person and God wants to do with his or her life. I won't say i want to become a journalist and because people say i'm brilliant, i would now push myself to science class. There are people that are in art class and are far better than the so-called science students. People believe that once you are a science student, then you must be very intelligent and that the biggest lie i've ever heard. Take a careful look at the childhood of Ben Carson, he was believed to be a dullard and he didn't because of that go to art class where it is believed that dull students go. He followed his ambition and put God first. THAT WAS IT. So the thing is to put God first and follow His plans for your life. It creeps me out to hear that science students are more intelligent than art students.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by midasbliss(f): 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hain! Abeg U Guys Should Stop This Already!
Dundi Dem Av Spoil Art Students Finish.
Abegi!
Im Willing To Become Any Kinda Student So Far Tz Gona Put Food On My Table Years Frm Now.
I Respect Science And Art Students
Besides I Kinda View Science For Guys And Art For Ladies. Lol.
Anyways, A Dundi Wi Always Be A Dundi, Be It Art Or Science.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by olaleke2(m): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
All are brilliant....it all depends on the students' inclination and interest in the subjects....

Are you experiencing low to no sales on fiverr?

Then, check out this article and be inspired to succeed..

https://www.nairaland.com/2203602/how-use-simple-blog-increase#31761134
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by jaybee104(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
science is simple.. when reading your textbook, you will understand it bcause you find all topics in chemistry and physics in your daily duty.. but art is full of grammar, history and even politics that you dont experience in ur day to day activity
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Missmossy(f): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
Estellar:
Does it matter if i speak English as my 1st or 2nd language? learn to understand d topic of discussion before posting comment. Point of correction, wasn't picking any flaws on ur part cos i'm not perfect either. Have a beautiful night rest
You should know why some people have oblivious signatures like 'talk to some, ignore others'.

If truly you yourself learnt the topic of discussion, tell me why you had to quote me to pass across your point if only you had one. Air your thoughts generally next time!
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2015
[size=20]@horpeyemmi66..[/size]

Your post got me laughing hard grin grin . See the scientific terms you were using there. I'm very sure they (art students) don't unerstand one bit of them, while their own terms can be understood more easily. Please tell them oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by UnstoppableOla(m): 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pr0ton:
This had been a long seemingly never-ending argument back then in secondary school. However, the surpassing notion was that if a science student resorted to being an art student he would be more intelligent than the-normal-art-student.

The reason we had was that it is arbitrary normal for science students to have higher IQ than art students, so the brain a science would be using for Art would definitely be more intellingently complex compared to the-normal-art-student.

What do you think?
Being a Science student has helped me a lot in life and I'm grateful to God

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Pr0ton: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
jaybee104:
science is simple.. when reading your textbook, you will understand it bcause you find all topics in chemistry and physics in your daily duty.. but art is full of grammar, history and even politics that you dont experience in ur day to day activity

Just as you find the long chains of carbohydrate and protein in your daily duty, huh

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Estellar: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Missmossy:

You should know why some people have oblivious signatures like 'talk to some, ignore others'.

If truly you yourself learnt the topic of discussion, tell me why you had to quote me to pass across your point if only you had one. Air your thoughts generally next time!
Y do u sound so pained?? We're not being awarded based on our comments. No b fight/quarrel

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by frank950(m): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Omooba77:
The truth is that Science students are more briliant,but on the long run Arts students become MD,HR managers that determines your earnings..
Dats d bitter truth.
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by mikeczay: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
science rats, using words to comment is already a form of art. start using equations and formulas.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
i dnt even no wot to say or better still where to start........intellegence is nt determined after u opt-in for science......it starts rait frm wen one is really young....or av u'al forgotten dah litu sibling or cousin of urz who is extra intelligent?? And d elder ones will be lyk u must go for science....(dnt knw why dey say dis) buh frm ma own knowledge i fink its has sometin to do wit science bin versatile and 1 has to be good in calculations , asin u jst av to undastand or else....igo niyen oo.........
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by toprealman: 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
SagePerv:
True.
Arts students are just there to memorise.
That's why we are way more smarter.

Not when you are asked to discuss the metabolism of cholesterol using appropriate metabolic pathway.
Memorising is an understatement.

1 Like

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by jaybee104(m): 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2015
Pr0ton:

Just as you find the long chains of carbohydrate and protein in your daily duty, huh

lolz.. bone organic chemistry.. u can still find them in daily life.. but only in industries
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by dara319(f): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
mikeczay:
science rats, using words to comment is already a form of art. start using equations and formulas.
words av bin in existence even bfor art could dream of coming to existence.....so wot else?? Gbam!!
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by menix(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
horpeyemmi66:
*My Candid View* —featuring PrOton

How many Art's or commercial Student's got the funny and pitiful look like the one gotten by anyone who told someone he is going to the Sciences?

How difficult is it to adapt to the ways of being a Science student relative to the humanities?

In the Sciences you can't use an Idea for something you don't know @All. I as a science student have written and passed Government, questions like when was Lyttleton's constitution promulgated, Prime minister of Britain, Systems of Government.

Do you have an Idea of the amount of constants you have to have upstairs ranging from Boltzmann's constant to mass of a PrOton(winks).

How diificult the concepts are in the Science class...

In the Arts you only deal with dates which can be easily coded with events which happened within that time range, lengthy definitions, Merit, demerits e.t.c

While in commercial(Market people), you only do "Balance brought down, balance carried up, debit, credit, fiscal policy, departmental account, liquidation e.t.c". All which you can easily wrap your brain about.in Economics, TCP, ACP, Net Profit e.t.c.

A dunce from the Sciences can come to the Humanities and boss you guys around, ain't that true?

Missmossy...Ukeachu1...banjeezay...menix. Tell me something I don't know.

Bro. I no fit argue again..

Conclusion:
Weda u d best Art, science or olodo student wivout ballery wats d use of ur intelligence..

My prayer:
While ur friends give money, u wont give opinion...
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by jaybee104(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2015
dara319:
i dnt even no wot to say or better still where to start........intellegence is nt determined after u opt-in for science......it starts rait frm wen one is really young....or av u'al forgotten dah litu sibling or cousin of urz who is extra intelligent?? And d elder ones will be lyk u must go for science....(dnt knw why dey say dis) buh frm ma own knowledge i fink its has sometin to do wit science bin versatile and 1 has to be good in calculations , asin u jst av to undastand or else....igo niyen oo.........
science is simple, dosnt require u being d most intelligent.. phy and maths will b ur slave if only u give them attention
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by emmatok(m): 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2015
fidnas:

intelligence and creativity are two distinct qualities and some theories believe there's a relationship btw both. A science student is more likely to show intelligence than creativity because learning is repetitive with little top ups once in a while. there's repetition of theories n formula passed from one generation to another. that does not mean that science students cannot be creative as well. hence the tech innovations, new formula etc. This also does not mean students in arts classes aren't intelligent. knowledge is passed but arts classes are more prone to allowing new ideas. hence d much creativity here.

A science student- intelligence
An arts student -- creativity

Business student-intelligence + creativity
Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by omarithmetics: 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Do you know how many time Einstein's brain was cut just to understand how his brain works? He was a scientist. Trust me a student of say economics, mass communication or history my find it very hard maybe impossible to cope in a microbiology, industrial chemistry or physics class if that person were to switch to science but a science student may face less hassles switching to art or any form of humanities or social science

2 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by homesteady(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
An average Science student is more intelligent than an average art student! And An intelligent science student is by far more intelligent than an intelligent art student

What they learn increases their learning capacity more! The intelligence seat of the brain is like a muscle, the more work you put it through, the more it becomes more better!
Art courses are not as demanding as science courses, hence, the science student applies more pressure to his brain, and something like hypertrophy happens!

In sec school, an art student never did better than I did in any general course!

3 Likes

Re: Are Science Students Really More Intelligent Than Art Students? by Paulv(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=Bonapart post=31798018] i was an art student bro...... am talking from experience. Majority of us are lazy becos they think it's read and write There are lazy pple evrywer bro..dat's y most stdent wil endup wrtin waec,neco bcus of LIT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

AAU Lecturer Flogs Students For Coming Late For An Exam(Photos) / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / My Reading Culture - Rufai Basirat, UI Pharmacy Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.