Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) (26250 Views)

Senate Wants CBN To Convert Lower Naira Notes Into Coins / Nigeria To Mint Currency For Ghana, Cote D'ivoire / Nigeria To Mint Currency For Ghana And Ivory Coast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 4:49am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
And now this a heavy achievement by Jonathan administration. Replacing almighty Germany for such purpose no be moi moi oh . forward ever backward never.
I don't want to call a lot of u guys dumb. But u all keep repeating the same thing. This has nothing to do with gej. A company in Nigeria sets up for the purpose. That's it. Well it's still a plan for now
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by M4gunners: 5:00am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
I don't want to call a lot of u guys dumb. But u all keep repeating the same thing. This has nothing to do with gej. A company in Nigeria sets up for the purpose. That's it. Well it's still a plan for now
Do u think if you call us dumb that means we are dumb? Go and get life bro. GEJ is working .The so called Company is in Nigeria under Jonathan's rule. NEPA is also a company so stop blaming them when there's no light.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:13am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
Do u think if you call us dumb that means we are dumb? Go and get life bro. GEJ is working .The so called Company is in Nigeria under Jonathan's rule. NEPA is also a company so stop blaming them when there's no light.
i don't remember where I called NEPA Read between the line before you quote me. U didn't get the message
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:15am On Mar 20, 2015
JiggamanGh:

God bless you. You make lots of sense
addo will come in and change alot of bs. This regime has really lost a touch of reality. Giving contracts to the highest bidder
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by M4gunners: 5:19am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
u don't remember where I called NEPA Read between the line before you quote me. U didn't get the message
I'm just reminding you that NEPA is also a company in Nigeria. Because you claim is was not an achievement by Jonathan lead administration to mint money for Ghana, instead is a company in Nigeria. Then why do you guys blame GEJ whe there's no light or is NEPA not a Company?
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:25am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
I'm just reminding you that NEPA is also a company in Nigeria. Because you claim is was not an achievement by Jonathan lead administration to mint money for Ghana, instead is a company in Nigeria. Then why do you guys blame GEJ whe there's no light or is NEPA not a Company?
am not a Nigerian
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by M4gunners: 5:33am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
am not a Nigerian
Good to know.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:44am On Mar 20, 2015
M4gunners:
Good to know.
Even at that I can say power has been erratic than ever.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soludo93(m): 5:51am On Mar 20, 2015
franciskaine:
why celebrate a mundane establishment? By every standard Nigeria ought to have a minting house before now. Mind you the one you are praising today was never the hardiwork of GEJ.

GEJ has improved the Nigeria security and minting coop to a point where other countries are asking Nigeria to take the contract of printing their legal tenders. That's a great leap of economic development.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 5:54am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

GEJ has improved the Nigeria security and minting coop to a point where other countries are asking Nigeria to take the contract of printing their legal tenders. That's a great leap of economic development.
be careful when u use words. 'Asking' ? How is that. If they throw out a bid. And the nigerian counterpart best suite the job. It will be given to them. It's not begging. But who's contract best favours
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soludo93(m): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
be careful when u use words. 'Asking' ? How is that. If they throw out a bid. And the nigerian counterpart best suite the job. It will be given to them. It's not begging. But who's contract best favours

If you win a bid, you won't be abandoned but asked to take the contract because you are best suit for the job.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Ademusiwa1: 6:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by aguborokc: 6:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Printing more naira notes will cause inflation oga. Where are you from self.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soldierdollar(m): 6:27am On Mar 20, 2015
angrybird007:
Use dat resources to print more money for us.
Lately Naira is scarce

U sabi economics at all ?
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

GEJ improved? U must be kidding me. If you attribute things done by other administration to GEJ, it still beats my imagination how you all fail to also place the blame of power failure and corruption also on GEJ.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Anglovel: 7:19am On Mar 20, 2015
Wonderful! great one
President keep working
APChit keep hating
Media keep panicking
Nigeria keep moving forward
Bookohari and Thie.fnubu keep planning a parallel govt.
One day our struggle would all be over,
then we will all sit and tell a story to our children that once upon a time....
There was a 72yrs old grandfather who was planning to hijack a peaceful democratic govt the way he did in 1983. HE KILLED AND TRAINED TERROR JUST TO CAUSE A NEGATIVE IMPRESSION ABOUT THE PEACEFUL GOVT, AFTER THAT HE...to be cont'd.
GEJ till 2019.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 7:32am On Mar 20, 2015
hush15:

No country prints it that will be promoting corruption big time. Even yankee don't print their own dollar. Na wa for you o. No paradox
young man, i think u really need 2 b taught how to make personal researches on issues. For the records, not until last month, Nigeria was the only country the world over that had a mint, but still imported its currency, just so u don't rant ur illiteracy anymore in d public. Mehn! I still couldnt comprehend that a person could be daft enof 2 say no country prints its notes on d xcuse of curbing corruption. As as how? Let me enlighten u anyway... Countries with such "fears" privatize that sector to "checkmete" it. So get your facts right first before you come up to a public forum as this to air baseless views.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2015
kingslly:
You need to go thru the write up like 10 more times before you comment.
No. On the contrary, you need to re-read my comment and then make the research yourself. Nigeria, until last month remained the only country the world over that had mint, yet still imported its currency. Don't quote me again if you have nothing sensible to spew out.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Pearlvictory:
O yes! But isn't this funny? China is still printing Nigeria's notes and yet Nigeria wants to print other countries' notes. What a paradox!

If our note is printed in Nigeria by Nigerians what do you think will happen.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Pearlvictory(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Oxasbi:

If our note is printed in Nigeria by Nigerians what do you think will happen.
wetin been wan happen than cut down d unnecessary cost of paying Australia, China and d rest for d same purpose. Anyway, Nigerian mint had begun printing its own notes last month at Abuja and Lagos.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by CSTR: 8:57am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
very clueless. This is not any political achievement. It's a contract. If the company in Nigeria can provide a more favourable deal that the current one being used then they go for it. But I personally feel the idea of having Nigeria do it is a bad one.
how is it a bad deal?
Only Nigeria has such technology and capacity in west Africa, and would not require much shipping costs to transport the coins.
You ghanians are very irrational when it comes to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by CSTR: 8:59am On Mar 20, 2015
Btw, Nigeria already mints a significant percentage her own currency in the country anyway.
So it is not like a new thing.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2015
Pearlvictory:

wetin been wan happen than cut down d unnecessary cost of paying Australia, China and d rest for d same purpose. Anyway, Nigerian mint had begun printing its own notes last month at Abuja and Lagos.

I just don't truth people... Anyway we must learn to handle our things ourselves and be responsible people. Just hope another sandal won't rise frm this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2015
CSTR:
how is it a bad deal?
Only Nigeria has such technology and capacity in west Africa, and would not require much shipping costs to transport the coins.
You ghanians are very irrational when it comes to Nigeria.
there u go with the irrational talk. I work for the best interest of my country. Which is to strengthen indigenous market and capacity. This deal was definitely set by people ready to swindle the country. They conive with foreign people to do it. Same goes to the Ghana oil sector and the West Africa gas deal with Nigeria . By the time we look into the agreement. You will see a lot of fraud in it. Am looking from a wider perspective. And not just some irrational view
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 9:12am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

If you win a bid, you won't be abandoned but asked to take the contract because you are best suit for the job.
u just said all what I have said. Don't put it like they begging u to do it
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

Olodo.

The Nigerian Minting company was heavily invested in by Sanusi you all like to condemn.

It is the work of the CBN and not any cluessless Jonathan.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/central-bank-to-redesign-the-naira/77698/

Working started as far back 2010 to enhance the company and even Sanusi cannot take the glory for this as the company has been there before he came. That he remodelled it is nothing. After all no be him papa money he use do am and same with GEJ.

Jonathanaians should get a life.

https://www.nairaland.com/947796/where-naira-note-printed-nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2015
Ademusiwa1:
Western Nigeria dollar can be print by the centre bank. Just 1 denomination showing the culture of western nigeria
it's good reading your post when high smiley.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soludo93(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
johnny1980:

Olodo.

The Nigerian Minting company was heavily invested in by Sanusi you all like to condemn.

It is the work of the CBN and not any cluessless Jonathan.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/central-bank-to-redesign-the-naira/77698/

Working started as far back 2010 to enhance the company and even Sanusi cannot take the glory for this as the company has been there before he came. That he remodelled it is nothing. After all no be him papa money he use do am and same with GEJ.

Jonathanaians should get a life.

Illiteracy is a worst disease and that's why wise Nigerians won't give Buhari a sniff of power. Project started in 2010 under whose administration? Who identified and employed Sanusi? Who approved the fund and prospect of building a financial institution? For your information, NSPM is not under CBN but ministry of finance. Take note naughty head.
You quoted a source that discussed about redesigning a naira note when we are taking about an institution? Shame that didn't even grasp the matter properly before wadding into objective discourse. Just admit that you're ignoramus, then you won't be foolish standing firm on baseless argument.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by soludo93(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2015
soludo93:

Illiteracy is a worst disease and that's why wise Nigerians won't give Buhari a sniff of power. Project started in 2010 under whose administration? Who identified and employed Sanusi? Who approved the fund and prospect of building a financial institutions? For your information, NSPM is not under CBN but ministry of finance. Take note naught head.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by CSTR: 9:45am On Mar 20, 2015
iamord:
there u go with the irrational talk. I work for the best interest of my country. Which is to strengthen indigenous market and capacity. This deal was definitely set by people ready to swindle the country. They conive with foreign people to do it. Same goes to the Ghana oil sector and the West Africa gas deal with Nigeria . By the time we look into the agreement. You will see a lot of fraud in it. Am looking from a wider perspective. And not just some irrational view
This is not a case of fraud.
Ghana's currency was being printed in europe and possibly asia.
It makes sense for ghana to switch to a country with closer proximity to reduce trsnsport cost and the overall cost of production.
It seems you guys would prefer europeans than Nigeria due to a sort of inferiority complex ,thankfully, your leaders are not that stupidd and egocentric.
Re: Nigeria To Mint Coins For Ghana (Replacing Germany) by iamord(m): 9:51am On Mar 20, 2015
CSTR:
This is not a case of fraud.
Ghana's currency was being printed in europe and possibly asia.
It makes sense for ghana to switch to a country with closer proximity to reduce trsnsport cost and the overall cost of production.
It seems you guys would prefer europeans than Nigeria due to a sort of inferiority complex ,thankfully, your leaders are not that stupidd and egocentric.
u don't get it. Once am against its considered inferiority and what not. I don't want the whites to do it. Neither do I want Nigeria. Because of Nigeria's history with contracts. Incompetent. ! Do u know a thing about the West Africa gas deal. ? Before u point fingers make this findings and check yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hard Times For Banks As MDAs Close Accounts Friday / UBA Staff Clap And Share Snacks With Customers To Show Appreciation / How Chris Folayan Built Mall-For-Africa From His Bedroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.