Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures (30013 Views)

PHOTOS: Sultan Of Sokoto And Emir Of Kano At Uniabuja’s Convocation / 10 Astonishing Facts You Never Knew About The Great Wall Of China / Sultan Of Sokoto Celebrates 10th Anniversary Of The Ascension Of Throne (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by hardbody: 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
This would have been very enriching and refreshing but sadly all i perceive is "Boko Haramism". I was also taught that perception is reality. I don't hate or dislike our brothers up country, i am only moulded by what i have come to see and hear. God will yet heal this nation, if it is his will.
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by san316(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Great historical antique.
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by kennydee05(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
I have been to Kano and I love what I saw.
If you have been to Kano and love what you have seen click like

6 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Kbraims(m): 5:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kano tumbi giwa kodame kazo an fika... Likes 4rm kanawa,let see it rolling...

1 Like

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by ugojamali(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Impressive. Colourful. It shows that civilization has been in Africa long before the whites came.

I remember my visit to Kano as a child. Those dye pits... The ancient wall, the horse riding events; those days tourists crowded Kano, it was a city of pride. I also remember passing through Kaduna. Such beauty. Such glory. Northern Nigeria was and could have been much more. Now we weep.

We southerners try our best to avoid the north. A foreigner would be warned by his country not to go anywhere near northern Nigeria. Even indigenes seek peace and greener pastures away from the region. All because a set of misguided fanatics decided to misinterpret the teachings of the prophet.

I wish to God that these Islamists will be defeated so that Kano and the other northern cities would reclaim their pride.

7 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by feedthenation(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Very rich culture indeed.

Nigeria still have great cultural heritage which can really enhance tourism, creating uncountable employment opportunities, aside from crude oil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by HopeAlive14(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nigeria is blessed; East, West, North or South.

If only we all can agree to live in Peace and Unity!
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nairaland historians are repping.
#HAPPY
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Fulaman198(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
sakaguchi:
Of what importance is the wall? It did not stop the Fulani invasion, Bristish invasion and today's fanatic mohameddan extremism/fundamentalism.

The builders of this world have rolled a thousand time over in their graves. Today, Hausa people are peasants and talakawas. Leaving off the mercy of Fulani hegemony. The royalty is all fulani and the typical hausaman has been confined to trading and farming. Only the hausa's in Nigeria don't have traditional rule over themselves. Keep on worshiping your fulani demigods. Bayajidda is spinning in his grave...spin of fury.

#cowardice.

Kind of like how you guys worship your white/Oyibo demigods? Dully noted.

1 Like

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Fulaman198(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
I thought that I would add a video to this fantastic thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHC74JH81U

Much love to the Hausas from your Fulantachi friend from Adamawa. Allah ya kaika alheri
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by adamskutty(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
Axum my boy,do u see civilization of ur master, boy? grin
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by adamskutty(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oh noble fulaman of the federal republic of Nigeria, I greet u. We indeed have rich history. grin

1 Like

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Fulaman198(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
adamskutty:
Oh noble fulaman of the federal republic of Nigeria, I greet u. We indeed have rich history. grin

Hey Adam, I greet you as well. Long time hope that you are well.
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Ishilove: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2015

2 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Eureka123(f): 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
I may not be from the north, but I am proud of our heritage as a nation. Nice one OP.

3 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by HoldenCaulfield(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kano is indeed one of the oldest and most civilized ancient cities in africa, with kurmi market dating over a 1000 year and still operating. i rep kano. my city,my state ;DKano is indeed one of the oldest and most civilized ancient cities in africa, with kurmi market dating over a 1000 year and still operating. i rep kano. my city,my state

1 Like

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Brugo(m): 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
1095? HOW IS THAT 10TH CENTURY?

We are in 2015. Will you also call this the 20th century? cheesy cheesy

Even the super moderator couldn't correct this.

2 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by shumuel(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ishilove:
This guy reminds me of Gandoki grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2229212_unnamed44_jpeg029a138e72b68e173162fef56d416cf0

kikiki Lol, Macmilian Powerful Worrior of those time.

2 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by piagetskinner(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Historical heritage of the wonderful city of kano#
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Osegancy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
KANO......ba gari ba dajin Allah..... KANO ta Dabo Tumbin Giwa, ko dame kazo anfika. (KANO....not a city but a forest created by God..... Kano of Dabo the stomach ot Elephant, anything you come with they pass you).

2 Likes

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by sylve11: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
Interesting. cool
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by bond77(m): 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Now this is what I am talking, this is a definition of an educative and sensible thread... an eye opener!!! . I just wish sometimes when I come online, I can be able to read about historical findings like this one, to read how archeologists have been able to discover and unearth ancient relics or treasures or to read about how scientists, geologists ,historians,explorers etc have been able invent, unravel, or juxtapose ancient mysteries,i believe all this can go a long way in shaping our thinking and broaden our horizon about the ancient world. ..... I also think it's high time we have an historical section...

I guess I am a little bit bored of the romance section , the 10 ways and 10 types blah blah blah makes the romance section sound like an unending saga...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by akigbemaru: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hausa great walls!
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Rossikk(m): 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
bond77:
Now this is what I am talking, this is a definition of an educative and sensible thread... an eye opener!!! . I just wish sometimes when I come online, I can be able to read about historical findings like this one, to read how archeologists have been able to discover and unearth ancient relics or treasures or to read about how scientists, geologists ,historians,explorers etc have been able invent, unravel, or juxtapose ancient mysteries,i believe all this can go a long way in shaping our thinking and broaden our horizon about the ancient world. ..... I also think it's high time we have an historical section...

I guess I am a little bit bored of the romance section , the 10 ways and 10 types blah blah blah makes the romance section sound like an unending saga...

Well said.
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
sakaguchi:
Of what importance is the wall? It did not stop the Fulani invasion, Bristish invasion and today's fanatic mohameddan extremism/fundamentalism.

The builders of this world have rolled a thousand time over in their graves. Today, Hausa people are peasants and talakawas. Leaving off the mercy of Fulani hegemony. The royalty is all fulani and the typical hausaman has been confined to trading and farming. Only the hausa's in Nigeria don't have traditional rule over themselves. Keep on worshiping your fulani demigods. Bayajidda is spinning in his grave...spin of fury.

#cowardice.

The walls could have been built for aesthetics. Who knows?
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by thaoriginator: 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
hardbody:
This would have been very enriching and refreshing but sadly all i perceive is "Boko Haramism". I was also taught that perception is reality. I don't hate or dislike our brothers up country, i am only moulded by what i have come to see and hear. God will yet heal this nation, if it is his will.
Mumu, muss yuh comment?
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by thaoriginator: 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
ugojamali:
Impressive. Colourful. It shows that civilization has been in Africa long before the whites came.

I remember my visit to Kano as a child. Those dye pits... The ancient wall, the horse riding events; those days tourists crowded Kano, it was a city of pride. I also remember passing through Kaduna. Such beauty. Such glory. Northern Nigeria was and could have been much more. Now we weep.

We southerners try our best to avoid the north. A foreigner would be warned by his country not to go anywhere near northern Nigeria. Even indigenes seek peace and greener pastures away from the region. All because a set of misguided fanatics decided to misinterpret the teachings of the prophet.

I wish to God that these Islamists will be defeated so that Kano and the other northern cities would reclaim their pride.
Nice unbiased comment.. The North must rise again, Insha Allah. Our stolen glory must returned no matter what.
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by ozodigboo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
kennydee05:
I have been to Kano and I love what I saw.
If you have been to Kano and love what you have seen click like
I've NOT been to Kano, but i like what i have seen......what should i click plz ?
Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by basisop(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
My years in Kano!!!

Kanawan dabo tumbin Giwa!!! Yaro, ko dame kazo anfi ka! Kano, Mai Dala Da Goron Dutse!!!

1 Like

Re: 10th Century Great Wall Of Kano And Associated Structures by kennydee05(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
ozodigboo:

I've NOT been to Kano, but i like what i have seen......what should i click plz ?
Just share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Women So Underrated? / Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.