Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Olubadan Endorses Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubadan Endorses Buhari (2973 Views)

Breaking News: The Economist Magazine Endorses Buhari / Festus Keyamo Shreds Gej, Endorses Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Islie: 5:36am On Mar 20, 2015
THE Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, on Thursday, directed his subjects, sons and daughters of Ibadanland and other Yoruba descents to cast their votes for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, on March 28.

The traditional ruler gave the directive at the “Pan Yoruba Summit” convened by General Alani Akinrinade, held at Parliament Building, State Secretariat, Ibadan and attended by notable Yoruba leaders.

The monarch, who was represented by the Ekerin Olubadan of Ibadanlan, High Chief Eddy Oyewole, maintained that the current situation in Nigeria demanded a credible leader like General Buhari.

Oyewole, while speaking on behalf of the Olubadan, said: “I have the authority of his Royal Majesty, Oba Odugade 1, to direct Ibadan sons and daughters, as well as implore our other Yoruba sons and daughters that, come March 28, all of us should vote for General Buhari.

“Buhari has done it before and we can attest to his sterling qualities. Our country deserves a credible and dependable leader like him, now,” he submitted.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/32460-olubadan-endorses-buhari

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Islie: 5:38am On Mar 20, 2015
So, this is the way forward for my OyO peeps....

We stand by change
We reject corruption
We reject GEJ

I have decided

12 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by psucc(m): 5:42am On Mar 20, 2015
He may be disappointed after all!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 20, 2015
Buhari will win NE, NW, NC and SW. GEJ will win SE and SS.

Sai Buhari

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by dre11(m): 5:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Who says Oyo is for PDP is on a long thing...

Olubadan as declared for APC
The Alaafin of Oyo is an APC to the core
The Soun of ogbomosho was there at the meeting yesterday where they called that any Yoruba that votes for GEJ is not a true son of Yoruba land.

So, where is GEJ coming to carry the majority votes from.
The street have reject him
We are now wiser....

#ihavedecieded

16 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by dre11(m): 5:53am On Mar 20, 2015
psucc:

You mean GEJ.......

He is clearly waiting for that rude shock with all his frequent visit to SW.

7 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Mynd44: 5:53am On Mar 20, 2015
I sit down and ask myself the Obas GEJ have been meeting because the main guys dont really support him.

Here is list of the prominent Obas

The Ooni
The Alaafin of Oyo
The Olubadan of Ibadan
Ewi of Ado
Deji Of Akure

These are the five first class Obas in yorubaland and only the Ooni has supported GEJ. It is also known that the Ooni's influence has reduces as a result of his allegedly receiving money from Babangida and Abacha during the military era.

The Alaafin and Olubadan don't really agree on much. I even dare say they avoid one another unless neccessary but right now, they are on Buhari

The Ewi of Ado'a quiet is not because he does not talk buy he has learnt a lesson about doing politics wheb Fayose tried to dethrown him while he was Ewi. Fayose was impeached 3 days later though. It was more of a power show and the Ewi still resents him. Fayose ain't even welcomed in his palace sef

The Deji is another quiet dude. Not just cos he wants to be his predecessot messed the throne and he has no political cloud although Mimiko will be making a mistake involving him. Rumors also say he might be removed from the "Big Five" and replaced with the Awujale soon too. This makes him jittery.

The second class.
Awujale
Oba of Lagos
Alake of Egbaland
Soun of Ogbomosho
onijan of Ijan.

I look at these two lists and I ask myself who GEJ has been visiting when he says he visited traditional leaders in the South West

5 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by WisdomFlakes: 5:55am On Mar 20, 2015
South West is a no-go area for GEJ coz he has already lost the zone. He better spare some of those dollars on his SS/SE strongholds where Buhari's candidacy is gaining traction by the day. cheesy

Our brothers over there too need some dollars. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by lilbabyak(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2015
even if Jonathan shift aso rock to SW our votes is already for GMB.

sai baba

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by nationwide1(m): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2015
Very sadly, many people will be disappointed on match 28. I now see sense in the saying 'if men were God'.
#whoGodhas blessed no man can curse.

2 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by WisdomFlakes: 6:02am On Mar 20, 2015
nationwide1:
Very sadly, many people will be disappointed on match 28. I now see sense in the saying 'if men were God'.
#whoGodhas blessed no man can curse.

Yes o. GMB all the way. grin

6 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by nationwide1(m): 6:03am On Mar 20, 2015
lilbabyak:
even if Jonathan shift aso rock to SW our votes is already for GMB.

sai baba
Speak for yourself alone. Forget internet endorsements.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:08am On Mar 20, 2015
I am not a GEJ supporter, but sorry, I dont allign with traditional rulers who dabble into politics and mess us t he sanctity of their office.

The oba of Lagos started this trend of recent and I do not think it is good for the traditional institution.

Okay, maybe you can support and work underground for your candidate, but certainly not public endorsement because within your kingdom there are all kinds of people who belong ro different political parties. Not cool
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by dre11(m): 6:10am On Mar 20, 2015
Olubadan directs subjects to vote for Buhari
In Ibadan, the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana, took thousands of people at the Parliament Building in Ibadan by surprise when he openly directed all his subjects to vote for Buhari on March 28.

The 101-year-old monarch spoke at a pan-Yoruba summit convened by General Alani Akinrinade (retd) at the Oyo State Government Secretariat, Ibadan.
The Olubadan, represented by the Ekerin Olubadan, High Chief Eddy Oyewole, did not mince words as he called on all sons and daughters of the zone to cast their votes for the retired general.
The monarch was one of the three paramount rulers who President Goodluck Jonathan visited some weeks ago to seek their support for his second term ambition.
Though, Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi was not physically present at the summit, he sent his representatives. He was represented by Chief Samuel Otolorin and several others.
The summit which had a semblance of the earlier one convened by Governor Olusegun Mimiko about a month ago had so many people including the Itsekiri from Delta State led by Chief Sunday Rone, Chief Rita Lori-Ogbebor and representations from all the South-West states in attendance

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/yoruba-elders-split-over-jonathan-buhari/.

I just dey watch how GEJ one take steal SW votes now

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:10am On Mar 20, 2015
psucc:
akinrinade is an apc member and hardcore tinubu follower. The oba is already 100years old so we will just allow him to have his say. The opinion of people in ibadan about buhari has changed and it is now 50 50 there is no way gej will not win half of south west

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by WisdomFlakes: 6:12am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

smiley
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by GboyegaD(m): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2015
The light is shining brighter with each new day. I hope our votes count this time around.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by makzeze: 6:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Change is coming. 8 days to go.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by fitzmayowa: 6:21am On Mar 20, 2015
If olubadan endorses GMB, who are the Oba's GEJ was having meetings with I guess they are unknown oba's in the siuth west...cheesy
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by laurel03(m): 6:24am On Mar 20, 2015
We have decided..... Omo Oduduwa for GMB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by owobokiri(m): 6:37am On Mar 20, 2015
laurel03:
We have decided..... Omo Oduduwa for GMB

Afonjah ,.round 2. . It is now about time the rest of the country organises a union for the yorhba and the fulani. . You lot look so cool together.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by tit(f): 6:39am On Mar 20, 2015
oba of Ibadan,
is it because you have too many red roof in your house?
why you call your pickin Rauf?
it is not good.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by eaglechild: 6:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Every vilage chief now wants to feel relevant.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by kahal29: 6:46am On Mar 20, 2015
WOW
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by focus7: 6:48am On Mar 20, 2015
Where is barcanister, someone that doesn't have identity among his ijaw people who was here determining who the yorubas will vote for? I guess barcanister assumed the yorubas are like him that will sell his dignity for a paltry loaves of bread because of stomach infrastructure, or does he think the like of fayose, ffk, mimiko, abati, opc and okuigbe are recognised voices in yoruba land? Wait and see what the outcome of the election result from the south west will be then you will begin to learn about yoruba politics. Thank god this is even coming from a die hard pdp newspaper, Tribune.

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by yetunsbay(m): 6:49am On Mar 20, 2015
tit:
oba of Ibadan,
it is not good.
yes ! Okay naw...hug power grid #Sai Baba
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Godfullsam(m): 7:03am On Mar 20, 2015
Mark my words

North East ..... sai Buhari
North West .... sai Buhari
North Central... sai Buhari

South West... sai Buhari
South East.... sai Jonathan
South South... sai Jonathan

Six geo- political zones, Four for GBM and Two for GEJ.
Winner..... GBM
Sai Biharigrin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by onatisi(m): 7:06am On Mar 20, 2015
tit:
oba of Ibadan,
it is not good.
forget what the oba was forced to say. Apc cannot win oyo state for either the presidency or governorship . Pdp will win oyo state, on the streets of ibadan,people have changed their minds about buhari and more people are beginning to ask for his certificate. Before the opinion polls among the ppl was 70 30 in favour of buhari but now it is 60 40 in favour of gej. Apc and buhari will lose 4states in the south west. If the oba of ibadan like,he can remove his crown and dance shoki ,dat one na him business. But in this election coming up,buhari will lose woefully in the south west.
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by GogetterMD(m): 7:12am On Mar 20, 2015
The way wey my guy dey share the dollars for southwest, while they keep deceiving him, I just dey pity am. Now he is refusing to even "share" a fraction of the dollars in his strongholds (SS, SE). Abi him no need their votes again ni? My brethren there, make una no vex abeg, ya dollars is on the way
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2015
do u mean a 100yr old man endorsed buhari? a man who couldnt even utter a speech on his birthday? a man who was held and dragged to cut his own cake? smh
Re: Olubadan Endorses Buhari by GogetterMD(m): 7:17am On Mar 20, 2015
onatisi:
forget what the oba was forced to say. Apc cannot win oyo state for either the presidency or governorship . Pdp will win oyo state, on the streets of ibadan,people have changed their minds about buhari and more people are beginning to ask for his certificate. Before the opinion polls among the ppl was 70 30 in favour of buhari but now it is 60 40 in favour of gej. Apc and buhari will lose 4states in the south west. If the oba of ibadan like,he can remove his crown and dance shoki ,dat one na him business. But in this election coming up,buhari will lose woefully in the south west.
Teslim Folarin the tout? Now let me tell you why he will lose. Akala go carry him own region in a landslide(Ogbomosho and it's environs), Ladoja still get some popularity so him sef go carry him own share of the votes. Now that means the votes your PDP is supposed to get as a block will be split between the 3 candidates (PDP, LP, ACCORD). Ajimobi fan base fit no much but it hasn't changed, so he might carry the day, though marginally

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of State With Illiterate Governor and politician / This Guy Posted On Facebook/Twitter on Oct 1st That Abuja & Lagos Will Be Bombed / Opobo: “We Are Igbos” – Dakuku Peterside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.