Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return (32049 Views)

Man Posed With His Little Daughter At The Beach And Got Tongues Wagging / Woman Carries Her Child Inside Her Shorts And Got People Talking (pics) / He Surprised His Wife On Her Birthday And Got A Shocker Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by idu1(m): 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bluetooth2:

So it actually pained you ? Hahahaha next time learn to quote someone within your intelligence range. Fuckingretard.
This boy, I don't think u ve a father.
I was thinking, u r playing jokes. U ll actually hit your father because of a mere fight with his wife if u happen to be in OP's shoe?

How will you continue to address him as your father will the fight is over? Because am very sure they will settle. U must be a bastar.d and cursed fellow!!!!!!!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by neighbourhud: 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bigcake:
Maybe your Dad was on a slapping spree. Moral Lesson.... Next time dont stand close to his left hand while talking to him.
Honestly, I was really sad before reading your post but it forced laugh out of me. Thanks...you will not sorrow IJN. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Bongiboy83: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
It's a good thing you stood up for your mother irrespective of what she did. I'm also a man and married too and it behooves me that a woman should be cared for more so one you call wife. The idea of beating a woman is simply ridiculous irrespective of what she did except in self defense and in such cases of self defense it should only be commensurate to the level of violence she dishes out, preferably walk away so you don't have to hit her. About making a mark at home before you leave, that is not necessary, I would advise you to apologize to your father for meddling in his marriage, when you move out, you can ask your mother to move in with you if the violence continues. I believe he slapped you because your are under his roof.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by onoja12: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
see what white man has turn Africa into,so your father slap you watin happen,you want to take vengeance,my guy the slap is better than a curse,if he curses you i swear you go pay money tire to all this fake pastors and still you no go see front.you better respect yourself. didn't they tell you that in conflict resolution there is what is called timing.you should have assessed the moment before speaking

Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now
pls sincere advice. thanks
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Ewuro4: 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
Is this the new fad ? ; Reporting Dads on NL for NLers Justice Hehe

Op.. Serves you right, next time don't fight your parents fight. They are both old enough to handle their shait , they've been handling it for decades before you came into the picture. Move out already make we hear word.

'He just lost a son' undecided ... You children think we can't do without you eh?

#When I thought I've seen it all undecided

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by write2obi(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
anthoniaz:
Op I understand exactly how you feel.Sometimes it is better you ignore your parents when they are quarelling because na you dem go use take settle grin.I bet you,before tomorrow morning they would have settled whatever it is they are quarelling about.

I remember a day my dad slapped me because I was trying to settle issues between him and my mum,my mum came to my room and asked me who invited me into their matter.From that day,I decided to lock myself in my room whenever they were in the mood to deceive us with their fake quarrel because the next morning you will see them laughing at the top of their voices. wink
and u think all quarrels are as fake as your parent's ?
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by danduchi(m): 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
eleko1:
sad cool that is good for U.Why do u rush to confront ur dad without asking ur mum why she was slapped.He gave u dat resounding slap cos he see U as taking side with ur mama.Ur mum probably say something that warrant her being slapped(I dnt support woman battered)Ur best bet now is to settle the issue/misunderstanding between them not rushing/park out.
. You're not serious.... You shld have wait and ask your mum first and neva talked to your dad till probably u are bck frm work
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by tunes2k10(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
@Freest, Jacob placed a curse(in Gen 49:5-7) on Simeon & Levi (which transcended down their generations) all because they stood for their sister, Dinah (in Gen 34:25-31). No matter what your dad has done or doing, humble he with mature words of wisdom spoken softly because if you push him to anger or increase the existing anger and he place a curse on you, it will be on you (because he fathered you).

You dare not leave your father's house without his full blessings (i guess you are the first born). Even if your father is a wicked man, wizard or the most terrible man in the world, there is a great power he has over you in the fulfillment of your destiny, plead with him to proclaim blessings upon you and not curses, you noted that he said he will not miss you (that is a curse if you don't know).

If i were you, i will send him a text apologizing and when i return home this evening, i will go on my kneel to beg him to forgive me for my acts this morning.

Also talk to your mum and try to lift her spirit up instead of looking for a way to hurt your dad (or indirectly hurt yourself). Find a way to mediate (they see that their son is growing into a man), never you take sides. They are adults and have lived/known each other for almost 30years and for them to have gone this far that means they have come through it this far.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by MistadeRegal(m): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bigcake:
Maybe your Dad was on a slapping spree. Moral Lesson.... Next time dont stand close to his left hand while talking to him.

LMAO!!!
Ooo boy! Somebody don faint for here o!!

Mmmmm.....A papa on slapping spree!!!!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by eleko1: 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
I dnt engaged a kid like u in argument.Face Ur book,ok
danduchi:
. You're not serious.... You shld have wait and ask your mum first and neva talked to your dad till probably u are bck frm work
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by 9cbaby(f): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
dahmie2013:
U're just angry dats y u're asking 4 such. I'll only ask u 2 ask God 2 help u manage d situation, instead of seeking revenge. As 4 ur mum, its so painful such a thing had 2 happen 2 her, console her, but if d thing becomes a repeated actn, I'll advise u find a place 4 her 2 stay so he doesn't kill her. My mum has been in abj 4 over 10yrs nw, cos of work&I thank God 4 dat cos, she might have died 4rm battery. Even now dat she's planning her retirement, we her children are planning 2 get a place 4 her in Akure so our fada doesn't kill her 4 us. I can relate perfectly with ur situatn, just trust God, even myself I'm just begging God 2 get enof money 2 get an apartment&live on my own with my siblings till dey each get married. Staying with him is a nightmare. Urs doesn't sound like its a constant thing like mine, nywys don't take ny actn nw cos u're angry, ask God 4 peace cos ny actn u take, u might regret cos u did it in anger.

It is well!
seconded
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by redsun(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
You should have slapped him back and move out of the house. I don't think he actually deserve both of you. He is a typical Nigerian that encourages violence over reasoning.

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by IZUKWU(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
dinachi:
Some reactions here confirms that a lot of guys here are either shemales or something is seriously wrong with their heads.
1, I lost respect for the poster when he said he told his father he has lost a son. For starters, parents have a lot of hold spiritual and physical over their children even when the kids are grown and you must REMEMBER that whatever you did to your father under whatever guise will always come back to you. Your own son will tell you exactly the same thing and confront you in anger.Mark my words!
2, Again the OP made the fatal error of thinking he was now mates with his father to confront him anyhow. Some extremely foolish boys of nowadays make such silly mistakes always taking sides with their mother against their fathers .They are children of perdition, who have absolutely no regard for their kind. The are quick to judge their fathers but very slow to extend the same ccourtsies to their mother. I love my mother to bits but will NEVER interrfer with her relationship with my lovely dad.
3, If I am slapped for whatever reason by my father, I will go away with shame not come here to think about how to plan revenge against a man that carried me in his organ for years before even meeting my mum.
4, A fathers curse can cripple OP for life and render his life totally useless.
5, I can bet that OP confronted his dad angrily and I am very sure that had it been the mum that slapped the dad, he would not have reacted the same way.
6, Finally If OP is wise he should get wine, go on his knees and beg his father to forgiveness and stop listening from advice from foolish women.
op, you should listen to this
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Marpol: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

Well, am not a kid as I'm in my late 20"s. Also from their conversation i guess it was bent on just meager stuff like the usage of food which in my opinion its not enough to hit someone. That normally wouldn't warrant such but i think he was already not in a good mood all morning. Its not the first time anyway, but the the last time was a long time. i mean many years ago...

Your father slapped you and you want to teach him a lesson? One day you will flog your son and he would also teach you a lesson.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ewuro4:
Is this the new fad ? ; Reporting Dads on NL for NLers Justice Hehe

Op.. Serves you right, next time don't fight your parents fight. They are both old enough to handle their shait , they've been handling it for decades before you came into the picture. Move out already make we hear word.

'He just lost a son' undecided ... You children think we can't do without you eh?

#When I thought I've seen it all undecided

Very disappointed sad
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Ewuro4: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
fem29:

Very disappointed sad
Mama two.. Wetin I do? sad
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
Ewuro4:

Mama two.. Wetin I do? sad

Haaa it's not good oo

Even if the baba has been slapping the mum since it's not right, the young man stood up for his mum and that's commendable. Imagine (God forbid) your hubby slapping you at age 60, ah ah kilode.

What is wrong is wrong. I am sure his mum must really appreciate his support(I would hope so)
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Ewuro4: 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
fem29:

Haaa it's not good oo

Even if the baba has been slapping the mum since it's not right, the young man stood up for his mum and that's commendable. Imagine (God forbid) your hubby slapping you at age 60, ah ah kilode.

What is wrong is wrong. I am sure his mum must really appreciate his support(I would hope so)

Ha about that one. Trust me I don't support violence in any form but in every life situation,we should use our brain and wisdom.

I've never witnessed such in my life so I don't know what my next cause of action could be. But I suscribe to the school of thought that when two persons are in heated disagreement, it's wise to remove one person from the situation. (Prolly the quite one coz their next move could be brutal-Physical)

I'm very certain the rancour didn't kick off with a slap right off the bat. If he loves his mother soo dearly , why can't he remove her from the situation instead of waiting till that stage? And if her life is in danger, why is he choosing to leave her behind to die? He's not a good kid.

And we aren't there so let's not get too emotional here.

I'm sorry jare.. No vex smiley
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Totfulguy: 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
tunes2k10:
@Freest, Jacob placed a curse(in Gen 49:5-7) on Simeon & Levi (which transcended down their generations) all because they stood for their sister, Dinah (in Gen 34:25-31). No matter what your dad has done or doing, humble he with mature words of wisdom spoken softly because if you push him to anger or increase the existing anger and he place a curse on you, it will be on you (because he fathered you).

You dare not leave your father's house without his full blessings (i guess you are the first born). Even if your father is a wicked man, wizard or the most terrible man in the world, there is a great power he has over you in the fulfillment of your destiny, plead with him to proclaim blessings upon you and not curses, you noted that he said he will not miss you (that is a curse if you don't know).

If i were you, i will send him a text apologizing and when i return home this evening, i will go on my kneel to beg him to forgive me for my acts this morning.

Also talk to your mum and try to lift her spirit up instead of looking for a way to hurt your dad (or indirectly hurt yourself). Find a way to mediate (they see that their son is growing into a man), never you take sides. They are adults and have lived/known each other for almost 30years and for them to have gone this far that means they have come through it this far.

When I hear stuff like this, I see a man who has been sold to and entangled in a web of superstitious notions that have determined his future already...(You sound like a potential spouse abuser) Are you saying if the man were strangling the woman to death...the OP should just watch because "there is a great power he has over you in the fulfillment of your destiny,". (And please dont tell me was not strangling her because those women who got killed eventually where first of all slapped around by "cursed men" who have no respect for women). God would never tie the destiny of a child who is defending the defenseless...his mother, to a father who is abusive. Get that BS out of your mind. Am not asking the OP to beat the man up. But dont let this kind of post stop you from defending your mum. You could save her life if your father knows there is someone who has her back.

2 Likes

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by xier: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:
It happened this morning oh, was bathing and prepping for work when i heard my dad at the top of his voice, before i knew it i heard mumsy crying, he had slapped her. Am in the same house( Haven't been able to move out yet) and i couldn't just bear my mum crying so i went to my dad to tell him what he did was not right. He is almost 60 and so is his wife, at that age you slap your wife i was trying to use the voice of reason as i was angry but kept my calm (Who wouldn't be angry seeing his/her mum cry?) before i could finish explaining and appealing to him i received from his left hand of righteousness a resounding slap... it got me confused as i didn't know what i did to deserve such. I didn't say anything harsh nor abusive. Am angry but didn't wanna return that slap nor say words I'll regret. I told him I'm moving out and he just lost a son, he replied that i wont be missed. I wanna do something he'll never forget, before i leave, please i need advice as it dented my personality even amongst my younger siblings and neighbors. I really am confused on what to do before moving out. Am so pissed now

Just forgive your dad and protect your mum from harm's way. Be the loving child. Greet your dad at every opportunity but try not to get close to him as before. That I believe will make him remorseful and change his ways. Above all, pray for your family because it is not easy and the devil seeks opportunities to destroy us.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by gmoni2(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nobody address the issue of abuse, the man is wrong to slap his wife in front of his child or children.if he would have slapped her and she died on the spot, I wonder what some of you would have said..
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by bejeria101(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Freest:

Na your father u dey form voltron for,did u say u wantd to return the slap? Obey your parents so it would be well with you,your dad would come around,pls dnt try any stunts u saw on cartoon network

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Lumpyy(f): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
fem29:

Very disappointed sad
U read my mind ma!
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Lumpyy(f): 4:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
dinachi:
Some reactions here confirms that a lot of guys here are either shemales or something is seriously wrong with their heads.
1, I lost respect for the poster when he said he told his father he has lost a son. For starters, parents have a lot of hold spiritual and physical over their children even when the kids are grown and you must REMEMBER that whatever you did to your father under whatever guise will always come back to you. Your own son will tell you exactly the same thing and confront you in anger.Mark my words!
2, Again the OP made the fatal error of thinking he was now mates with his father to confront him anyhow. Some extremely foolish boys of nowadays make such silly mistakes always taking sides with their mother against their fathers .They are children of perdition, who have absolutely no regard for their kind. The are quick to judge their fathers but very slow to extend the same ccourtsies to their mother. I love my mother to bits but will NEVER interrfer with her relationship with my lovely dad.
3, If I am slapped for whatever reason by my father, I will go away with shame not come here to think about how to plan revenge against a man that carried me in his organ for years before even meeting my mum.
4, A fathers curse can cripple OP for life and render his life totally useless.
5, I can bet that OP confronted his dad angrily and I am very sure that had it been the mum that slapped the dad, he would not have reacted the same way.
6, Finally If OP is wise he should get wine, go on his knees and beg his father to forgiveness and stop listening from advice from foolish women.
Seriously?he should get wine and kneel for defending his mother?no curse can work on a child that is not wrong abeg,he dint even slap him back,please re-read ur post,ha!

1 Like

Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Bamz(m): 4:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
Bringing family issues online.... Hmm. Talk to your extended relatives.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by NemzySeries(m): 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Na you make mistake na...... if I were you,the moment he slapped my mum,he had lost that respect and na as e dey hot I go yarn am scores.... if e do anyhow e sef go collect anyhow... what non-sense!!....

Anyways..... if he has a car,break windscreen and tear the tire..... and tell him you did it! For every slap your mom collects, damage one personal item of his that is precious to him...e go learn quick.
Send me ur acct details....ur reward is here
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Freest, your anger and embarrassment are both understandable.
But he is your dad.
Let it go.
You should also not take undue brash actions like leaving the house especially now that your mum is in a vulnerable position at the moment.
It is well.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by prophetfire: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dnt move out cos u ll regret if u do. U shd av waited for ur dad's anger to go before poking ur nose into elders matter.you feel too big to receiv a slap frm ur father?take it boy.he is the boss n needs to be approached with wisdom.
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Austeenite(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Your Dad will b saying "receive sense my son" grin
That's y he opted to set your reasoning to default with the resounding slap grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by Reaper231(m): 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
SuperSuave:
just Don't do anything silly cos you will later regret it. But I think you should move out and earn a living for yourself.

My brother dis is Nigerian. Most guys still live with parents cos of d economic reality
However, I think in yur late 20s ur dad should not do certain things in front of yu or even hit yu. Last time my dad hit or slapped me I was in secondary sch like SS2. And when we go home no matter wat mum does he'll never quarrel her in front of us(maybe cos we must tke sides wit her sha) but dat a mark of respect and recognition FROM MAN TO MAN
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by JayJustus(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
S
L
A
P

the last time I got one was when I was singing kerewa kewa kerewawawa
Re: I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return by egobetatoday: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
op please dont do anything stupid oo.
he is still ur father, he can still slap u even if u are more than 40yrs depending on his type of person and his anger control.

incase u dont know, the slap u received will hurt ur mother more than hers. so dont make matters worse and dont go do something stupid cos u will loose ur respect the more. next time dont meddle in their issues. you should have used the silent treatment method etc rather than confronting him cos u know your father better. for some fathers breaking their car's windshield will work for others, it wont.

like som1 suggested, with the silent treatment, u could buy your mother a gift. this will send him a message that his children are now old n wise and MAY stop slapping ur mum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPEN MARKETPLACE... Get Good Products At Unbeatable Rates Here. / Dad Begs For Forgiveness For Defiling His Daughters. / My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.