Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research (26975 Views)

"Buhari Will Win Presidential Election Again" - Garba Shehu / Dino Melaye Live On Skynews, says UK banks aid corrupt politicians / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates, a United Kingdom based research and political risk consultancy firm, has stated that incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will win the 2015 presidential election with a margin of 13 per cent (probability).

The group, which used both ‘monkey survey’ and ‘Political Risk Index’ to forecast the Nigeria election, projected a Jonathan’s win if everything remains constant.

In a statement by Mr O.C Vince, the Vice President of the firm for West Africa, while addressing a press conference in Abuja, on Thursday, explained that the firm has no partisan interest in the outcome of the election which is left for the people of Nigeria to decide.

The company said it decided to conduct the survey because of the general global interest the Nigeria election has generated. “Many people around the world, including political leaders and investors are focusing on Nigeria to see how the process of democracy is managed,” he stated.

Mr Vince said the ruling PDP appears to be facing its toughest challenge in 16 years and hoped the efforts they have made will help deepen and strengthen democracy in Nigeria and enable the different contending parties manage their final push toward 2015.

He stated that “We randomly conducted a nationwide opinion poll focusing on the six geo-political regions of Nigeria: North-East, North-West, North-Central, South-West, South-East and South-South. The sampled population were asked three questions centre on human rights, the economy and security.

One of the questions stated that between Major-General Buhari and President Jonathan, who would best protect the fundamental human rights of Nigerians? While APC’s Buhari scored 30%, President Jonathan scored 70%.

The firm noted that the electoral map tilted more favourable towards President Jonathan in the South-West and middle belt, adding to his advantage in Niger Delta and South-East while Buhari did well in core north where he has large followership.

Another question stated that between the elections holding in February 14 as previously scheduled and March 28 as postponed, which date do you feel safer to participate in the presidential election? 35 % thinks the election should have been held on February 14 as scheduled while 65% thinks the March 28 new date is a safer and more secured. They believe INEC is now more prepared having issued more PVCs and as wells as tested the card readers.

On the question bothering on who would best grow the economy, while APC presidential candidate scored 42%, the PDP presidential candidate scored 58%.

The firm’s spokesman explained that its conclusion were reached in respect of the question ‘who would best protect your fundamental human rights’ by taking cognizance of the antecedents and past records of the two candidates, the past and current utterances of the candidates and how Nigerians of diverse gender, ethnicity, religion and social status perceive both candidates and how effectively both candidates has been marketed to the voting population.

The company said though the Buhari’s public relations team has done a tremendous job in repackaging him yet an overwhelming majority of Nigerians still view him as a divisive character.

“Majority of the population agrees that President Jonathan is tolerant and has the best temperament as a democratic president. They cited the signing of the Freedom of Information Bill by the president and his high tolerant of criticism as a rare quality for an African leader. Many, however, criticized President Jonathan’s public relations team for not doing enough to market his achievements which they said surpassed that of any former leader in recent history.

“We viewed Goodluck Jonathan as a favourite to win re-election based also on a number of factors even though the election will still be difficult to call. Our expectation of a Jonathan’s win was predicated on other several factors, chiefly, is the postponement of the election which has helped him comeback decisively into the race.

“The tepid supports of northern members of PDP seem to have ebbed. Many of his supporters, especially in the North, now feel safer to openly campaign for his victory. Governors Lamido and Babangida Aliyu are now vocally leading the campaign while the vice president is making major inroads in the North-East and North-West. The incumbency and financial advantages of the ruling PDP will still help Jonathan and the PDP.

“The electoral map, from indications, favours Jonathan. The support of Christian-majority and heavily populated South-West around Lagos backed by the Yoruba elders, traditional rulers and the youthful Odua Peoples Congress could be the decisive demographic factors in the election in the South-West.

“Jonathan won the South-West and middle belt handily in 2011. He has again reached out to the South western Yoruba community and brought them into the upper ranks of his campaign and potential administration, in a fence-mending political alliance. In contrast, Buhari and the APC appear to be now struggling in the South- West which hitherto would have been her turf.

“In addition, the APC has suffered more defections during the last few weeks suggesting a weakened coalition, hence the prospects of victory for PDP. The exit of inside detractors within the PDP like former President Obasanjo has enabled the party in the South-West to refocus and become more united.”

Despite the global fall in the oil price and devaluation of the naira, the firm said food prices had remained stable, an indication of the success of Jonathan’s diversification of the economy into Agriculture.

The firm also noted that the military had made significant gains against Boko-Haram in the North-West, thus bolstering President Jonathan’s image. The exoneration of the oil revenue management by the PWC audit has also put a lie to APC’s propaganda.

“The PDP is starting to look strong while Jonathan’s management of the economy is being better understood and appreciated. A Jonathan’s win will see a continuation of his transformation agenda in the economy and all other sectors which has witnessed significant improvement under his watch.

“A win for PDP will bolster investors’ confidence in the economy and sustain Nigerians position as and the largest economy in Africa. It is expected that Jonathan will implement the National Confab report which cardinal points are the main causes of friction in Nigeria. His win will also help restore stability in the volatile Niger Delta region where militants has threatened to disrupt oil production and exploration should Jonathan be unfairly forced out of office,” the firm noted.
http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/32450-jonathan-to-win-election-by-13-probability-uk-based-research-firm

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Still trying to copy link hold on people.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by clevvermind(m): 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Even buhari knows that he will lose.

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
clevvermind:
Even buhari knows that he will lose.

And this is from Awolowo newspaper " The Tribune", am speechless.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by kasheemawo(m): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
UK research indeed, OP are you also high?

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Its not easy removing an incumbent.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Olaolufred(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
pEOPLE dECIEVING pEOPLE (pdp) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
kasheemawo:
UK research indeed, OP are you also high?
Please contact the research firm with your grievances. Am only re-posting what I saw.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
How come this UK based group has no website or mention on Google except on Nigerian politics?
In 2010, this same "organisation" dropped this

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NaijaExcel/conversations/topics/5610

please show us the website of this group or something about them apart from Nigerian elections..

Tell me another lie

188 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Olaolufred:
pEOPLE dECIEVING pEOPLE (pdp) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Start preparing for the shock next week, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mynd44:
How come this UK based group has no website or mention on Google except on Nigerian politics?
In 2010, this same "organisation" dropped this

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NaijaExcel/conversations/topics/5610

please show us the website of this group or something about them apart from Nigerian elections..

Tell me another lie

I can't open the link you posted. Can you post another link from a more credible site rather than a closed yahoo group.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by feelamong(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:
Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates, a United Kingdom based research and political risk consultancy firm, has stated that incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will win the 2015 presidential election with a margin of 13 per cent (probability).

The group, which used both ‘monkey survey’ and ‘Political Risk Index’ to forecast the Nigeria election, projected a Jonathan’s win if everything remains constant.

In a statement by Mr O.C Vince, the Vice President of the firm for West Africa, while addressing a press conference in Abuja, on Thursday, explained that the firm has no partisan interest in the outcome of the election which is left for the people of Nigeria to decide.

The company said it decided to conduct the survey because of the general global interest the Nigeria election has generated. “Many people around the world, including political leaders and investors are focusing on Nigeria to see how the process of democracy is managed,” he stated.

RUBBISH COMPANY WITHOUT A WEBSITE!! RUBBISH RESEARCH!! RUBBISH PARTY!!!

ITS EITHER GEJ AND PDP HAS BEEN SCAMMED ONCE AGAIN OR THEY ARE TRYING TO SCAM SOME GAULIBBLE PEOPLE ONCE AGAIN!

TRY HARDER!!!!!

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by tycoon14: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
UK Research Sponsored by GEJ.

Na today?

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
So Nigerians are not that stupid afterall?
Nigerians have now realized "change" comes from young people, not 75yrs old men.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
tycoon14:

Na today?

I understand the anger by the post above, unfortunately there's nothing you people can do to remoce GEJ except vomit nonsense on Nairaland.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Olaolufred(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

THIS IS HOW THIS SOOTHSAYER DID SO WELL IN 2010.

CONGRATULATIONS.

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=64159.0

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Mynd44: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

I can't open the link you posted. Can you post another link from a more credible site rather than a closed yahoo group.
These are screen shots from the site. You can also do a search and see if the said group has ever been mentioned anywhere else.
Here, it is said that the association is UK based. In 2010, it was said to be Lagos based.

Keep the lies coming

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by kasheemawo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

Please contact the research firm with your grievances. Am only re-posting what I saw.
that was the reason i said you were high

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Mynd44: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2015
tycoon14:

Na today?
The said company does not exist. It is a figment of the imagination of Nigerian politicians.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Olaolufred(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

CAN YOU GIVE ME THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE ADDRESS OF Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates?

BIKO.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by mrmetoo1: 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Can anyone please explain what a monkey survey is?? This research company that has no profile anywhere?? No one from the company put their name on this research.

I'll say this, there's a company that conducts survey called "survey monkey". That I know this monkey survey just sounds funny to me. The person that wrote this just did a rush job to get something out there as some morale booster and I guess GEJ folks are happy even though the same people will say these polls don't matter.

GEJ always winning invisible polls

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
Olaolufred:

CAN YOU GIVE ME THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE ADDRESS OF Kevin, Charlyn & Kimberly Associates?

BIKO.

bros I don't work for them. Send your queries to them via Tribune, thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Mynd44:

These are screen shots from the site. You can also do a search and see if the said group has ever been mentioned anywhere else.
Here, it is said that the association is UK based. In 2010, it was said to be Lagos based.

Keep the lies coming

We should believe your yahoo group than The Tribune?

Can't anyone set up a yahoo yahoo group?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Can anyone please explain what a monkey survey is?? This research company that has no profile anywhere?? No one from the company put their name on this research.

I'll say this, there's a company that conducts survey called "survey monkey". That I know this monkey survey just sounds funny to me. The person that wrote this just did a rush job to get something out there as some morale booster and I guess GEJ folks are happy even the same people will say these polls don't matter.

GEJ always winning invisible polls

Do you even know what a survey is, never mind a monkey survey.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Mynd44: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

We should believe your yahoo group than The Tribune?

Can't anyone set up a yahoo yahoo group?
That report was dated 2010..... grin grin

Save your lies for those who believe

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by kestolove95(m): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Monkey survey for d zoologist grin

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by melvinjames: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
Monkey survey for d zoologist grin

Hahaha.
Only in Nigeria would you find a school drop out laughing at someone with a degree in Biology/zoology.
You're a joke, dude.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by ibedun: 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
These oyinbo sef, dem sabi how to nicely insult and abuse people without the mugu realising.

Kai "monkey survey" insult upon injury.

I never hear monkey survey in my time studying risk, whether financial, political or operational.

But of course if you are dealing with Nigerians (still very much like early humans).

Kadashian said the same about our women looking like fat chimpanzees. (Jonathan's big nose)

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by Olaolufred(m): 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

PEOPLE grin
melvinjames:

pEOPLE dECIEVING pEOPLE (THEMSELVES) pdp

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by mrmetoo1: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
melvinjames:

Do you even know what a survey is, never mind a monkey survey.

No I don't know what a survey is, please explain. Then when you're done, go ahead and explain what a monkey survey is, that's all I ask

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Win Presidential Election Says UK Research by shaqhead: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
mrmetoo1:

No I don't know what a survey is, please explain. Then when you're done, go ahead and explain what a monkey survey is, that's all I ask
My boss u still dy folo ds clowns drag ds "Monkey survey" matter from dose "Lagos-based" ati "london-based" firm that is headed by Wendel Charlyn Simlin Kimberly?

Ds folks are bunch of jokers, its so obvious frm d numbers dt jst dnt add up.

The thing is they wanted som moral booster for their gullible followers like d one askin u if u kno what survey is.

Mar 28 wl shock em silly.

I hail o

Sai GMB

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Foreign Suppliers Blacklist Nigeria From Fuel Imports / Gunman Who Killed DSS Operative Arrested While Fleeing To Cameroon. Photo / Gunmen Kill Okpe Denis Ijoko In Benue, Burn 50 Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.