Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) (37280 Views)

10 Things That Would Have Happened If Zuckerberg Visited Nigeria During PDP Era / Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by tdayof(m): 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
GentleToks:

Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha Lmao lol.....

You r d baddest dude on earth.

This is hilarious.......

You are right to an extent though but trust me, Igbo people will fight back on behalf on their kinsmen; very patriotic and reliable people when it comes to things like this. They ll beat d present day Military to their games with tribal rhetorics and of course gimmicks. Didn't u see how much tribal fight/rhetorics they put on during Odua stealing saga?

China and all these Asian countries are lucky that their countries have less population of Igbos, otherwise Igbos would scream to the whole world that their kinsmen are victims of Tribalism and Marginalisation.....

And guess what,i am being subjected to this tribal rhetoric at home too by my dearest wife; she is Delta Igbo. If I m mistakenly chat or look too much at a Yoruba lady, she ll say "you don't give me attention cos of your Yoruba girls" lol
there is nothing Igbos can do about Asian countries
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by eleko1: 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
undecidedCRime does not pay
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by SergeAlain: 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wow!! You are so smart, are you a Rocket scientist?

Shay you mean Ibos like Oyenusi, Shina Rambo, Abe Gwodo Gwodo ati be be lo? grin

kestolove95:
Had it been dix tin still continue...igbos for don finsh for nigeria oo.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Laid2001: 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Our penal code is still the same!. It is death to murderers and armed robbers in our constitution!.
The fact that many state Governor have not being signing the warrant does not remove or change the law!!

Hundreds are still on death row in Nigeria!.

What Buhari brings to the table is equitable application of the penal code of our constitution, no emotion attached.!

Until the constitution is changed to abolish death sentence, ahead ahead with its implimentation on the guilty ones!
And it will not be up to Buhari, come 29th May after his swearing in, to change the constitution (that is for the house of assembly) but to execute the law to the letter. Make sure justice is dispenced swiftly and fairly without fear or favour!.

henrysam:
This is the era buhari wants to take us back to with all apc supporters.
We say NO. Backward never forward ever

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Hanibal(m): 2:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
If you like blame Buhari for world war 2 and world war 1plus civil war put together.... it still doesnt change my mind
come next week saturday.. na #sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by akubudejud(m): 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
LastProphet:
God punish the OP for saying 'wrongfully accused', so she was wrongfully accused? So she didnt carry drugs? or she should have been released because she has children or is handicapped? Have u ever travelled to Asia? GOD PUNISH YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION AND MAKE YOUR LIFE LIKE THE LIFE OF ANYTHING UNDER GOODLUCK JONATHAN

...Using such words (GOD PUNISH) speaks volume, however God will Bless you in return,rememeber this was cum from an old news paper report and not the direct statement of the Op. But I will like to advice that you mind what ever you say because sometimes it might return back to you or becomes a seed that will fall on the wrong soil.

In my own perspective I want to believe She wasn't the only female drug trafficker then...! it is well!

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by GentleToks(m): 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
tdayof:
there is nothing Igbos can do about Asian countries

I know
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by xmich(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:

For your mind
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
nnafather:
That's why we need transformation, not CHANGE.
Yes.... Thats exactly what we want and what we will do..... Transforming from transformation to CHANGE.... Do you get the gist now?

SAI BUHARI
Osinbajo I know....
Transform to APC's Change.....
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by xmich(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:

Had it been Biafra survived Nigeria would have been on were to be found
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by xmich(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:

Had it been Biafra survived Nigeria would have been on were to be foundgrin
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Leez(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
Ok we've noticed u troll nw back to ya hole
*yimu*
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by tonte23(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
i spit on ur face for posting this as a negative propaganda

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Samirana360(m): 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
If say I no knw d idiot wey giv ur mama belly, I 4 say u be bastard...ewu
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
Burger01:
Some peeps just mix military and civilian rule like they mix garri and groundnut angry
You dey mind dose silly ppl. It baffles me,how ppl compare a military government and a civilian government together.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by hope4nigeria(m): 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
akubudejud:

I like your question Bro!

...Not to fall back to the past but forged ahead positively, through doing the right thing at all time..!
you people should stop misleading public, I read on wikipedia' gladys iyama was actually sentenced but never excecuted. Can sombody help ask google so we get details of what realy happened to iyamma,what offence did she commited! Because one day,sombody will open fire and kill 50people at a go and political propaganders will tell us he/she deserve No punishment. Crazy country.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by ceejay80s(m): 4:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
akubudejud:
Execution by firing squad, sometimes called fusillading (from the French fusil, rifle), is a method of capital punishment, particularly common in the military and in times of war. Execution by shooting is a fairly old practice.

Execution at Bar beach, Lagos Nigeria. April 24th 1970.
That was the day the first set of armed robbers faced firing squad. Babatunde Folorunsho, Joseph Ilobo and wait for it…William Alders Oyazimo, Sub Lt., of the navy. Oyazimo and Ilobo had appeared before the Lagos state robbery and firearms tribunal, chaired by James Agboola Ojomo. The duo were accused of robbing One Alhaja Taibatu.

Nigerian soldiers shoot 43 prisoners who were sentenced to death, during their mass execution by firing-squad before a crowd of 1000 spectators, 22 July 1995 in Lagos. Nigeria’s military General Sani Abacha seized power and installed military rules in November 1993.

GLADYS IYAMAH, a HANDICAP mother of two paraplegic children was WRONGFULLY ACCUSED of drug trafficking was the first woman to be killed by firing squad in Nigeria!
Op ,u are foolish, where were u when obasanjo was president?
Ur above stuupid topic states 1970 and 1993, was buhari head of state at that time?
Buhari didn't abolish those rules then becos no him start the rule, how many rules of naija has Jonathan abolished?
U are just making trouble for ur self
We naija can be decieved easily, the photo the mumu op upload na fake, how are those soildiers naija and how those armed robbers be naija?
I just don't know why naija political party & their supporters no fit campaign in piece, una no see when usa do dem own?
The photos the op posted are fake photos of another country ,becos I even see white man in the photos shooting
@ op, when dem born u sef and how many people u recognize for the photo ?
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
shinejackie:

Hahaha, even with the high security wall this days, these bastards go with drilling equipment to break through a fence and still commit crime, naija security is damn porous.

I know. I look at all the elaborate fence that's simply stacked blocks and laugh at how easy a stolen car can be driven through it.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by greatnow: 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
Doing the right thing starts with you.. Do your part and another will do his part,if anyone is found violating just intervene with respect and he has to comply.
oneda:

I wish this statement is true... I wish Nigeria will ever do things right...
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by bokohalal(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
Anyone that believes that Gladys Iyamah was executed is a big FOOL.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
CityNG:

I know. I look at all the elaborate fence that's simply stacked blocks and laugh at how easy a stolen car can be driven through it.

Exactly,no matter how high your fence is, if these bastards want to strike they will,l recall when they killed funsho williams in lagos, they climbed from behind his fence and went into his room to kill him despite the retinue of police and security guards he had, God is the only safety for the commoner in naija...

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by hardbody: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
Laid2001:
Our penal code is still the same!. It is death to murderers and armed robbers in our constitution!.
The fact that many state Governor have not being signing the warrant does not remove or change the law!!

Hundreds are still on death row in Nigeria!.

What Buhari brings to the table is equitable application of the penal code of our constitution, no emotion attached.!

Until the constitution is changed to abolish death sentence, ahead ahead with its implimentation on the guilty ones!
And it will not be up to Buhari, come 29th May after his swearing in, to change the constitution (that is for the house of assembly) but to execute the law to the letter. Make sure justice is dispenced swiftly and fairly without fear or favour!.

Nigeria worry ooo.

So it is the house of Assembly that changes the constitution? Do we have regional or state constitutions in Nigeria?

When they advise some people to go to school and stay in class and read, they will prefer to be walking the streets
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by san316(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
is it a bad thing that those guys were sentenced to death and fired? you will pity those robbers if you've never witnessed a robbery incidence before.

I don't pity them because they also do not value ppl's lives.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by InvertedHammer: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
\

[size=20pt]WHAT DID THEY DO[/size]?

And since we don't do this anymore, where are we today?

Compare crime rate then and Crime rate now

/
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by timota(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
nnafather:
That's why we need transformation, not CHANGE.
transformation is change so we all need change
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Ikology(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Blackchampion:
Once a dictator.....

Always a dictator.

Kapish..

Daura
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Herapal(m): 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
XBLadez:
This is one of the vices Buhari is known for.. killing by firing squad. A lot of innocent people were killed in his regime, others imprisoned for no reason. Today he's a die-hard Jihadist, still killing thousands with his Boko haram, but thank God they're gradually being flushed out of the country.

NeverAgain#

VOTE FOR CONTINUITY!

GEJ!
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by yomi007k(m): 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Maccoy1:
All in all nobody has the right to take the life of another man.only d one who gave d life has the right to do so....jesus christ even came to earth to amend the law of moses...the best we can do is give them the long ride in jail..we know they've killed others but taking thr life won't bring back the dead....TWO WRONGS Don't make RIGHT....
Ok oo, go carry drug 4 asia make u know if nobody has the right to take another persons life.
Capiital punishment has aided their devolopment incase u dnt knw.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by akubudejud(m): 7:25am On Mar 21, 2015
ceejay80s:

Op ,u are foolish, where were u when obasanjo was president?
Ur above stuupid topic states 1970 and 1993, was buhari head of state at that time?
Buhari didn't abolish those rules then becos no him start the rule, how many rules of naija has Jonathan abolished?
U are just making trouble for ur self
We naija can be decieved easily, the photo the mumu op upload na fake, how are those soildiers naija and how those armed robbers be naija?
I just don't know why naija political party & their supporters no fit campaign in piece, una no see when usa do dem own?
The photos the op posted are fake photos of another country ,becos I even see white man in the photos shooting
@ op, when dem born u sef and how many people u recognize for the photo ?

..Thanks any way! and it doesn't matter what you say that's your opinion. have a good day!
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by DONOCHAS(m): 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
Maccoy1:
what type of lesson....do you know that even with the jungle justice that has been in nigeria since 1800BC, people are still stealing, even on broadday light..
They neva learn.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by GenIgrigi: 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
SergeAlain:
Wow!! You are so smart, are you a Rocket scientist?

Shay you mean Ibos like Oyenusi, Shina Rambo, Abe Gwodo Gwodo ati be be lo? grin

**grins** I saw that coming. These are all yorubas who were killed by the military junta. More yoruba criminals, and politicians were blown to pieces by the Hausa/fulani-dominated military junta but yorubas love playing ostritch with facts. More yoruba corpers were killed in 2011 post-election violence but they lie to themselves and mock the Igbos. Sometimes it seems yorubas do not value the lives of their own. Just kill their relatives, and spread some dollars around, they'll even help you hide the rotten bodies and keep shut. Slave mentality i guess. **LOLS**

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB Could Have Punished Wike, FFK, Fayose, Bishop Kukah, Others – Femi Adesina / Alleged Thumb Printing Of Ballots At Ketu, Mile 12 And Other Markets / Text Message On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Fake - Tinubu Campaign Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.